VTuber Megathread

Ryudi1998

20 hours ago, Slava said:

It's interesting that Gura does everything but stream on her channel 😁.

Released two new songs in 12 days: Shinkiro with Marine, and now Tokyo Wabi-Sabi Lullaby. Showed up and sang some songs (including Stay With Me) in Marine's concert. Participated in a convention, I believe it was some anime event in New York. Next appearance is a sponsored stream for tourism in Sendai.

I think she's also done one supporter stream in the two month since the last regular stream. I'm not sure, because the comments under the VOD of the anniversary stream are just people fighting with each other 😁. No useful information to be found there.

The most interesting thing is that her subcount is still growing despite the lack of channel activity.

Yeah I hate to say it but I've kind of given up on Gura doing solo streams at this point. I mean it's nice she collabs once in a while and does songs with the others but a solo stream every now and then would be nice. It makes me think she doesn't really like streaming all that much like she used to and just uses collabs as an excuse to do one. I certainly miss the days when she played Devil May Cry and other good games but I guess that's what Biboo and Fuwamoco are for now. I think Biboo said she will do DMC1 next week so that should be fun.

Otherwise not too active of a week since it was a holiday week. I did see Mumei got a bit emotional during her stream of the fangame that was made for her to the point where she had to mute and type messages on screen. I know it was a bit emotional for her but I couldn't help but feel bad and also laugh because the mood suddenly going that way along with the Bladerunner sounding music was just too perfect :P

Subaru also did her world famous "INNNN" during her Yakuza 4 playthrough.

Mozumi also had a birthday stream where she streamed for 24 hours. Near the end she got a two cameos one of them from THE Vergil of Devil May Cry fame and the Nostalgia Critic himself. Her and Coni said they want to do a watchalong of Channel Awesome's Suburban Knights movie so I look forward to that stream.

• Like 3

For the video below, you can find the Hololive performance at the opening of the event by Bae, Kobo, La+ Darkness, and Shion approximately 30 to 35 minutes into the video (the stream was live when I made this post, so I could not give an exact timestamp):

• Like 2

Funny how I mention Gura not doing streams she did do one although it was only just over an hour long and I'm guessing it was a sponsored stream so I don't count it! It was also a shame that Biboo didn't get to play DMC1 since she got sick from the looks of it. It was probably some form of punishment for making her own version of that Gyatt for the Rizzler song or whatever it's called. If it's stuck in my head it gets to be stuck in yours too.

It was also nice seeing Fuwamoco beat MGS1. I hope to see them play the other ones in the future. It was also the last time they went Baunanas playing Donkey Kong Country but hopefully they will get to do that again if they play the other ones.

It also looks like Subaru is close to beating Yakuza 4 and solving the mystery of the rubber bullets.

I also saw these two animations :P

Shiina played the first Halo a couple of times. Currently she's not too long after encountering the Flood. It's also the remastered version but she went with the original graphics which is fine by me because the remastered ones look kind of weird. Along with that her and Airi played Blood Bowl 2 and krump'd each other like good Ork boyz do when they don't have some other git to krump instead of lazing about.

Lastly I saw Poko Rakun play Fortnite because she wanted to unlock Peter Griffin. She wound up spending $85 on V-Bucks to buy him because she didn't have a high enough level to unlock him and I felt kind of dirty even just seeing it unfold. At the end of it though her team managed to get the victory royale so that was pretty freakin' sweet. It's probably the first time I've actually managed to watch a Fortnite stream all the way through. I guess that's just another thing that a family guy can do.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Slava said:

Are vertical streams a new thing on YouTube? Just saw Marine and Koyori do them back to back.

It looks like it was something that was introduced in September but I don't remember hearing anything about it. I assume it's meant to be more friendly for people that watch them or other streamers on their phones.

• Like 3