VTuber Megathread

Ryudi1998

Taken from my post on Reddit:

What an amazing show from start to end, with so many awesome performances, a wonderful selection of songs, the special New Year's Holo Graffiti, the Shuffle Melody, and seeing the Hoshimatic Project shine with their performances after all of the hard work the girls have put into training.

Thank you Hololive for such a magnificent event, one of the few events that even at 6AM in the morning, is worth every second of watching, even if I suffer the rest of the day due to messing up my sleep schedule.

Happy New Year, everyone!

IMAGES

Spoiler

L8Znr2n.jpgiwpxAUV.jpg

AhR5jrw.jpg

esdRNKj.jpg

ux1DPjB.jpg

Spoiler

0gTbwjl.jpg

LxvXIO7.jpgHoALrMb.jpg

sryvWOH.jpg

hQZdjVh.jpg

Spoiler

La8v2Od.jpg

FzVBesW.jpg

GR3ksWx.jpg

M8Ls2Mq.jpg

• Like 2

So Nazuna is leaving VShojo and Pomu is leaving Nijisanji. A lot of people are quitting these two agencies lately. Although I won't be surprised if Pomu gets reincarnated elsewhere the same way as Nina Kosaka did. 

In other news, Moona has released her first EP. I like her songs, so I should probably give it a listen.

In terms of streams, I remained a partial stream watcher. I tuned in to the new year's concert for one song, just to see how it went. But it looks like I missed one of the biggest moments that's being memed and is receiving many artworks now, which is Marine's outfit switch. Plenty of reactions to it too.

Watched the end part of the Mario Party stream with Flare, Watame, Calli, and Irys, which was also fun.

I wanted to see at least some of the Myth Lethal Company collab, but I just don't like the game, so I decided to do something else instead. But I did see this clip of Gura. I don't know, it sounds genuine. I've had a feeling her EN branchmates know what's happening in her life and why she's been barely streaming, but try not to say anything. One day we will know, I guess.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 2

For New Years I watched Biboo stream most of her 12 hour stream. It was fun since she played different games with viewers and did a countdown every hour for people that entered the new year on their midnight. Her mom would also come in and sing Happy New Year which was nice :P And since the delay on the outfits happened because of the earthquake she played more DMC5. She's been playing it pretty well and seems to understand the mechanics well to where she perfectly parried one boss a few times on her first try. I think she said she wanted to cover it at some point but someone made an edit of her singing Devil Trigger with what she sang of it on stream. It's also safe to say with all the fangirling over Vergil she will be getting a Cameo from him at some point :P

For Fuwamoco I mostly watched their outfit reveal and the Super Mario Bros. Wonder stream. I saw some of the Mario Kart 8 tournament along with that Pekora took their "Bau Bau" for her title card which is a pretty bold move on her part :P

I assume it was a new years thing but I saw Subaru played Dragon Quest and beat it in two streams. I think it's the first one? She would also go "INNNN" every time there was an Inn and I wish people would update those moments from the clips :P She's still playing Yakuza 5 and I don't think even halfway done with the story since she only got to Haruka recently. She seems to do the extra story parts each character unlocks (Taxi races with Kiryu, hunting with Saejima) which is funny since when I played it I also stuck with those until moving on with the actual story.

Tenma played The Lord of Ring: Gollum obviously under the two hour mark like pretty much everyone else with some sense which is funny because apart from I think one Platinum video I have never seen anyone play it past the two hour mark. I think the only mileage she got out of it was a Ben 10 joke about how Gollum's eyes glow green when hidden :P I guess a lot of Phase members also got a chibi model made for them and so they did a collab playing Lethal Company that I mostly watched and with what I did it was an unhinged mess because of them putting whoopee cushions down on the ground and multiple people walking on them.

Poko played Tetris Ranked and then played a Tetris tournament for charity. She also played more Monster Hunter and apparently developed some weird obsession with The Croods for some reason since I think she said she was going to do a watchalong of it and joked about how she wants her chat to say The Croods is too much to bear. Lastly I saw Amiya play some Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter II as well as act a bit silly while sneaking in MGS2 by blowing herself up repeatedly and getting Snake to fall down by rolling into lockers.

• Like 2

Went from not watching full streams in weeks to watching 3 in a day. Woke up just in time for the Mario Kart tournament and watched Ina's perspective + the main stream in the background. Ina made it to the tsuyo cup but finished last there 🥹.

The best part, like last time, was everyone going crazy while waiting for the races. There are many moments and clips, but Bijou playing the Nerizzler video, Yagoollie and Suisei's shaking hands were the funniest 😁. Everyone brought their portion of chaos to the eyes of 170k people on the main stream + however many elsewhere combined.

Later that day, Fuwamoco celebrated reaching 700k by playing some Suika Game. Although they reached the milestone way before the start, I think that happened during Mario Kart. Had some cute anime quote reading.

Marine reached a subscriber milestone as well - 3 million. What's crazier is that she added about 20k just during that stream alone. Had some funny clippable moments as well. 

Edited by Slava
  • Like 2

At the top of the hour (7PM PST, 10PM EST), the big Hololive Lethal Company collaboration that features members of Hololive Indonesia (Pavolia Reine, Kureiji Ollie, Vestia Zeta, Anya Melfissa, and Kaela Kovalskia) partnering up with members from both Hololive EN Myth (Mori Calliope) and Hololive EN Advent (Shiori Novella, Bijou Koseki, and FUWAMOCO) kicks off.

After several weeks, the girls from Hololive finally got the perms to use the highly popular More Company mod for the game, which allows more than four players to play together in a session of Lethal Company at the same time.

Hopefully in the future, this will allow for large-scale Hololive collaboration using the More Company mod (which allows up to 50 players at the same time) where we see 10 or more Hololive talents teaming up to be great assets in pursuit of meeting each and every in-game quota. (NOTE: The game can become somewhat unstable when there is more than 10 people playing at the same time, so somewhere in the 8 to 14 range would be best).

Edited by The Arizona Ranger
  • Like 2

I watched Fuwamoco's point of view of the Lethal Company collab. I think I understand the game somewhat better now since I watched this video on it and I can at least grasp what is happening and what they are trying to do. For instance there was a part where they had to tell Calli to BEE nice to the BEES and I understand that you have to lure them around and not bring them onto the ship. I think one of them encountered the ghost girl that only one player can see.

Biboo beat DMC5 including a Vergil playthrough which means she doesn't have any mainline DMC games to play anymore. She even had Casey Edwards in her chat which is pretty cool :P I guess she could always play DMC2 or DmC: Devil May Cry which would be pretty funny since she could laugh at how edgy it is and I know she would go "Beep you!" at the succubus part. She would also get to see Vergil wearing his iconic fedora. Either way though she promised that next year she would do another Vergil playthrough except also play the game on Dante Must Die mode so I wonder if she will get any practice before then.

There was no shuba this weekend so my Yakuza 5/Subaru fix couldn't be made however instead I watched Okayu play Resident Evil 1.

Pippa watched the great Dhar Man once again along with some other channel that was like a knock-off of Dhar Man. The knock-off channel was just weird so I won't really go into it but the first Dhar Man story was basically "We have John Wick at home" and it involved a guy that does crimes for his sick son. Curiously enough they made a point to mention the Harry Potter theme park at Universal a few times which makes me think Dhar Man was definitely sponsored by it. I'm also convinced he was sponsored by Crunchyroll because there was another one that had the main character cosplay as the main character from Demon Slayer. But of course it wouldn't be Dhar Man without having the great messiah of our time, SSSniperWolf come in to solve the main characters problems. Otherwise she watched a video showing some monkeys at a spring but since I've been playing Sekiro all I could think about were those damn monkeys that dual-wield swords.

Amiya played some more Morrowind as well as be silly MGS2 again. Honestly there was a lot of good moments from the MGS2 stream but the two that I can remember the timestamps of were when she did a cartwheel going up the stairs and when she unintentionally did a headshot thinking there wasn't a guard in the way :D

• Like 2