Any trophies require downloading the app?

whittle181

You can just use the touchpad if you want. There are no trophies or in-game actions that require you to use the app. I would, however, recommend downloading the app and using that, though. There are some parts in the game where you need to make an important decision by either swiping left or right/up or down for example. From my own experience, the app felt more responsive and so it made screwing up in those scenarios less likely.

• Like 2

I would advice to just use the PS4 controller. Honestly switching your eyesight between your phone and your tv is annoying. The controller works fine. I never even got close to failing any decisions.

20 hours ago, Sikutai said:

Of course not, not everybody has a Smartphone.

Some games previously on PS Plus like Knowledge is Power, JackBox Party & That's You all required a smartphone device to be able to play the game. I'm really pleased that this one doesn't, thanks for the responses everybody!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I wish I knew that the game is designed for a phone touch screen before starting it, the controller touchpad is very hard to control in some key parts, if you pick the wrong option, guess what? another ~one hour run for you, happened to me twice

Edited by EDGES
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, LockheedPrime said:

i wish i knew about this before i started it, the game is clearly as it also says, designed for a phone touch screen, the controller touchpad is very hard to control in some key parts where if you pick the wrong option, guess what? another 1 hour run for you, happened to me twice

Same thing happened to me too. Hence the complaining thread I posted in this forum. ?

I really think the guide should be updated to include a large disclaimer at the top recommending people download the app before they start this game. The DualShock 4 touchpad just functions terribly for this game, and if you stick to using your controller you can pretty much guarantee you’re going to screw up a crucial swipe at some point. And considering the severe consequences for doing so (yet another extra playthrough in many cases), it’s just not worth it to use the controller.

So for anyone sniffing around this thread in the future before they get started with Erica - download the touch app!! It makes a HUGE difference and will make the whole experience much smoother.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I played using the DS4 in one playthrough and the App in another and switched languages (not subs) just to have a different experience for each succeeding playthroughs.  I highly recommend it!  As for the app, it's like using a mouse for the controls... it's smoother and has got a bigger/wider touch area compared to the DS4's TP.  As what Diesel have mentioned, you can screw up selections quite easily for the touch pad.

Edited by Eispan

• 3 months later...