My PS4 Controllers were shut down by itself and won't turn on again.

SoraxTidus

Hi, I have two problems with my PS4 Controllers. The first problem was that my controllers were shut down by itselft and they won't turn back on. The second problem was that I'm not sure what was the cause of the problem and I'm not sure what to do to fix it. I first encountered this problem since March 2020 which playing game demos for PS4. My controllers still not working as of today. I even charged my ps4 controllers with PS4 Charging Station, but that was not the cause of the problem, because even with my controllers all charged up it still not working it just that the controllers were just shut itself down after few seconds. Can someone help me out with my problem? I can't play PS4 again until I figure it out what was the cause to this problem and my controllers were fixed and not shut itself down again. Please Reply Me Soon. See You Later.???

Sounds like battery issues. Have a few controllers that only start up a couple of seconds before they die forcing me to play with the hooked up to the PS4. They died very quickly aswell, the controller was working one day and died the day after. Try plugging the controllers to the console and see if they work.

Also controllers won't start up if connected to PC for some reason. I charge my Controller in my PC and if it is connected to my PC i have to disconnect before i can start the controller up and get a connection with the PS4. 

I had this same problem. Even when I plug them in they won’t turn on. The controller will light up like it’s trying to connect but just won’t. I usually have to shut off the system and then turn it back on. Plug the controller in and then try to turn it on then.

On 7/16/2020 at 5:53 AM, Sky_RykerXD said:

Could also try resetting the controller. There is a little button on the back, next to a screw on the right. Take a paper clip, hold the reset button down for about 5 seconds. You'll need a USB cable to hook it up to the PS4 again.

This right here. Little hole at the back of the controller (under L2). Had to reset a controller once in my whole PS4 life.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-reset-ps4-controller-4174025

• Like 2

On 7/17/2020 at 8:07 PM, StressEater said:

I had this same problem. Even when I plug them in they won’t turn on. The controller will light up like it’s trying to connect but just won’t. I usually have to shut off the system and then turn it back on. Plug the controller in and then try to turn it on then.

It happens all the time to me when PSNow crashes. Glad others have this, too; my misery loves company.

Hi, I thought I share my backstory before the problem with my PS4 Controller. "Back in March 2020 before the problem occurs, I was playing Game demos for PS4, I have been using Rest Mode a lot, because I used the Rest Mode, so to by pass the Download and Install time in order to be ready for a game demo to play. Like Dynasty Warriors 9 Complete Demo for example, because It's one of the longest demo to finish download and install time." I have first encounter the problem with my PS4 controller since March 2020. It just that my PS4 controller works for few seconds after I turn on my PS4 Console by pressing the PS button on my controller, but At the Home screen after logging in after few seconds, my PS4 controller has just shut itself down. When I tried to turn the controller back on and tried to connect again, it doesn't work. It is strange problem I encountered. My second problem with my PS4 controller was that I don't know what was the cause of the strange problem and I don't know how to fix it.?

its most likely a dead battery. i have it happen on my silver ps3 controller it just shuts off and never charges. i also have a red ps3 controller and even when plugged in with the usb cord it often shuts off. you can try going into the system settings and into the power save options and checkmarking "never turn off" but if the battery is bad it wont make a difference. 

honestly these new batches of ps4 controllers the past year or 2 are shit. i bought 2 and one i constantly have to use the reset button because it freezes when the auto shut off kicks in. and my other one the analog sticks get stuck even though the controller is barely used.

yet i have 2 day 1 ps4 controllers and they still work and charge perfect even though the rubber on the analog sticks are gone from playing just cause 3 and evil within.

you prob got a bad controller. seems like it shouldnt happen if new, but anything can fail

• 2 weeks later...