Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout (August 4th) Trophy Thoughts

Abby_TheLastofUs

Hey everyone some updates. 
firstly an episode is not a round. You need to win 5 complete games in a row not 5 rounds in a row.  One of the devs said this game has skill-based matchmaking. So that means if you win an episode the matchmaking system will put you during your next round in a server filled with people of your skill level (so other Episode winners probably or at least people that finished with a high ranking).

Just now, FFATMA said:

I obviously don't care about having platinums for every game I play, but I don't like that they're willing to give 2 big middle fingers repeatedly to a segment of gamers that obviously do care about it.  

I kinda agree. I'd take at least the first middle finger. I hope it's from the left hand though, or I might just join the people who are angry about the 5 game wins trophy.

8 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Oh no! Not a hard trophy!!! Anything but that!

It's sad to see how a large percentage of this community has become. They see difficult trophies, and they're first instinct is to bitch on Twitter to the devs instead of trying to tackle the challenge. 

This^ Kinda ruins the "power" of trophies if they are easy. Imagine an account being able to platinum My Name Is Mayo 300 times vs an account with 300 different games of variety. It's the Wolf 2 issue all over again, you can't do it? Don't do it. If you play a game based on specifically easy trophies then move on. I prefer to play any game and challenge myself and of course enjoy playing :) 

Just now, Thrillhelm said:

There is a difference between a hard trophy and one that has an element of extreme luck in it to the point of being impossible. Also if Mediatronic hates on the trophy hunters why giving them money for DLC or future games.

I totally understand this because of the luck based but it what the developers have decided to give us trophy hunters as a challenge.

Edited by GTAJJ
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Thrillhelm said:

Way to go to alienate a part of the gaming community for no reason. Hopefully the game has microtransactions so the trophy hunters can return the middle finger by keeping their wallets closed.

I mean people bash Ratalaika for the poor trophy lists but Fall Guys explicitly hates on the trophy hunter conmunity.

Trophy/achievement hunters are like 1% of the gaming community and Fall Guys will be better off without them. I'm buying the microtransactions, the developers who made Fall Guys are hilarious and fun and deserve the support.

If this game launched on Switch with we wouldn't even be seeing all this bullshit whining about the trophies.

Edited by aZombieDictator
  • Like 2

Just now, aZombieDictator said:

Trophy/achievement hunters are like 1% of the gaming community and Fall Guys will be better off without them.

Still no reason for a developer or publisher to hate on them. Game gets a platinum but obviously the devs dont want people to earn it, so why not making it a 100 percent game with no platinum in it?

• Like 3

Just now, Thrillhelm said:

Still no reason for a developer or publisher to hate on them. Game gets a platinum but obviously the devs dont want people to earn it, so why not making it a 100 percent game with no platinum in it?

That makes no sense. Developers can make whatever trophies they choose. Also the game isn't even out yet. Wait a few weeks then outrage about not getting the trophy lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thrillhelm said:

Who "hating" on who? ?

1 minute ago, LoughNessMonster said:

Speaking of misrepresenting things to push a narrative, Mediatronic aren't "hating" on trophy hunters. They've posted a few mildly-trolling tweets, and honestly, they've been pretty funny imo.

Regardless, I would give them money for future games because they're actually making fun games, and this industry needs more of that. If I only supported trophy-friendly developers, Ratalaika would be rich, and all I've ever get to play would be shit.

He's got a point!

18 minutes ago, Thrillhelm said:

Also if Mediatronic hates on the trophy hunters why giving them money for DLC or future games.

I would think that even among trophy hunters, if they enjoyed a game, they'd support the developer even if the developer didn't have proper respect for trophy hunting.

3 minutes ago, LoughNessMonster said:

Speaking of misrepresenting things to push a narrative, Mediatronic aren't "hating" on trophy hunters. They've posted a few mildly-trolling tweets, and honestly, they've been pretty funny imo.

Regardless, I would give them money for future games because they're actually making fun games, and this industry needs more of that. If I only supported trophy-friendly developers, Ratalaika would be rich, and all I've ever get to play would be shit.

Thats your opinion, I rather think they made the trophy list on purpose to alienate trophy hunters as if these gamers destroy the gaming community.

Never had the situation that the devs praise themselves for a trophy list trolling, and if they think that low about trophy hunters it is understandable that some avoid them. 

It is the same situation as with The Last of Us 2 by the developers shoving down their opinions in the gamers throat in a what could have otherwise been a good game.

2 minutes ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

I would think that even among trophy hunters, if they enjoyed a game, they'd support the developer even if the developer didn't have proper respect for trophy hunting.

Giving them money even though disrespecting trophy hunters? Not with me, sorry. There is a way to talk to them so they listen, and thats by putting the money where the mouth is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thrillhelm said:

Thats your opinion, I rather think they made the trophy list on purpose to alienate trophy hunters as if these gamers destroy the gaming community.

Never had the situation that the devs praise themselves for a trophy list trolling, and if they think that low about trophy hunters it is understandable that some avoid them. 

It is the same situation as with The Last of Us 2 by the developers shoving down their opinions in the gamers throat in a what could have otherwise been a good game.

Good thing it wasn't merely a good game then, but instead it's an amazingly fantastic game!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thrillhelm said:

I would assume that they just wanted to make a fun game and are now having some good natured banter on Twitter. I personally think you're reaching quite a bit to come to that conclusion. There's just no evidence to support it.

Regardless, this discussion isn't going to go anywhere. They're not going to change the trophies, and if you want to boycott them, then I'm not going to stop you. Personally, I'll be playing the game tomorrow and I plan on thoroughly enjoying it.

• Like 1