From the devs of Action Henk - Trophy Thoughts

PeachXHime

5 hours ago, Straight_Edge1 said:

So that means it is a 10 out of 10? 

Seeing that nobody got the Trophy after a few days is always a bad sign.

You can easily get the no falls by just cycling around the boss jumps until the last boss. That's where it will screw everyone up because you need to hit it perfect. Very hard platinum 

On 28/08/2020 at 8:45 AM, Straight_Edge1 said:

What about getting all shortcuts, then only practice the last boss and then try to get the no falls run?

Bosses are easy except the last one. I don’t know why it turns dark because who the f is biking in the woods at night with no light?

On 8/27/2020 at 2:34 PM, Property_Damage said:

Action Henk, ugh

such terrible trophies

i regret even playing that game

thanks for the heads up, i can put this in the “dont fucking touch this game” pile

Not much love there for Action Henk ? I enjoyed the game quite a bit! 

Anyways... The more interesting question for me is not how hard this game is, but how much fun to play... Any comments on that? It looks pretty simple, and like it could get old pretty quickly. Is there something here to keep coming back to? 

46 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Not much love there for Action Henk 1f61f.png I enjoyed the game quite a bit! 

Anyways... The more interesting question for me is not how hard this game is, but how much fun to play... Any comments on that? It looks pretty simple, and like it could get old pretty quickly. Is there something here to keep coming back to? 

I've seen a trailer and it reminded me of Pumped BMX since you can do tricks and stuff. :D

I might be wrong though and the game could be fun.

1 minute ago, Mori said:

I've seen a trailer and it reminded me of Pumped BMX since you can do tricks and stuff. :D

I might be wrong though and the game could be fun.

Lol yeah that's exactly what I was afraid of :D That the game is too similar to Pumped BMX+, in which case I would definitely skip it ?

2 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Haha, Action Henk was awesome though. That's why I had to give them a shoutout for this game!

As for Descenders, I've played Descenders for a bit and here's what I can say: there is definitely a steep learning curve regarding to physics, buttons and motions, as tricks require some combinations that are difficult to get used to. But once you do get the hang, all of the levels feel more or less the same design and the gameplay does get stale.

I would say get it if you're a fan of the genre. At least it has decent graphics, unlike Pumped BMX...

• Like 1

I have no experience with Pumped BMX, but I think Descenders is a very fun and nice game. You can do tricks if you want, but it's not really necessary during the game.

If you talk about the Platinum, I read it's a 9 out of 10 because of the two Trophies "The Golden Run" and "Go the Extra Mile". Maybe EksesDieNaait can talk about it, he is the only one who got it on PSNProfiles.

I do enjoy this very much, the game provides a feel of satisfaction when completing boss jumps or crazy stunts, but I'm not going for the plat actually. I would rate it as 7/10, cause you can carefully ride pass all of the tracks, but the final boss jump will be brutal, tho it's not very difficult, but requires good precision.

Descenders is probably a 8 out of 10 , purely because of the golden run , it took me 6 straight hours to complete . Simply because a got frustrated and started to rush things . 

Getting to the final boss jump is not that hard , as already mentioned in this thread . For the final boss jump , hit it between 75 and 80 km per hour and you should make the first jump perfect . If you jump to far but stil land on the ramp suspended by the helicopter and not bail , you can respawn to the checkpoint , because this does not count as a bail , thats how i did it 

Going the extra mile is more forgiving . 
Just the kids room is more annoying to get to because its in the volcano map .

If people want more explanation , visit trueachievements , they explain it probably beter then me ?

If people have questions feel free to ask , and yes this game is fun , but it gets more of the same pretty quick 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EksesDieNaait said:

Descenders is probably a 8 out of 10 , purely because of the golden run , it took me 6 straight hours to complete . Simply because a got frustrated and started to rush things . 

Getting to the final boss jump is not that hard , as already mentioned in this thread . For the final boss jump , hit it between 75 and 80 km per hour and you should make the first jump perfect . If you jump to far but stil land on the ramp suspended by the helicopter and not bail , you can respawn to the checkpoint , because this does not count as a bail , thats how i did it 

If people want more explanation , visit trueachievements , they explain it probably beter then me 1f604.png

If people have questions feel free to ask , and yes this game is fun , but it gets more of the same pretty quick 

Is the sponsorship trophy unobtainable or just hard? 

9 hours ago, Arcesius said:

It was good fun for the first couple of levels then it got boring so i walked away from it, not to mention the rainbow times, ugh, what a headache...screw that game and whoever coded the trophies in

Edited by Property_Damage

1 hour ago, HankValentine said:

Is the sponsorship trophy unobtainable or just hard? 

You need to complete all the ranks for the sponsorship trophy , there are 3 ranks to complete . Roughly 48 tasks to complete .You get 3 daily tasks a day . It will take 16 days of daily tasks if you can complete all 3 in one day . So not hard at all just time based . Maybe if you change the clock on ps4 it can speed things up , but i’m not sure if that works . 

I hope this information helped 

3 hours ago, EksesDieNaait said:

If people want more explanation , visit trueachievements , they explain it probably beter then me 1f604.png

Hey. Nice to see that statement from someone who is right before the Plat. :)

My question about the Extra Mile Trophy, I read that you have to do all Bonus Maps in one try, is that true? I only have seen the first four Worlds, so where is the Volcano World? Is it in Career+? So there are more than 4 Bonus Worlds? 

12 minutes ago, Straight_Edge1 said:

Hey. Nice to see that statement from someone who is right before the Plat. :)

My question about the Extra Mile Trophy, I read that you have to do all Bonus Maps in one try, is that true? I only have seen the first four Worlds, so where is the Volcano World? Is it in Career+? So there are more than 4 Bonus Worlds

No you don’t have to do them al in one try , you can even use the shortcuts for the first four bonus worlds . 

The volcano world is a secret world in the normal career . You have to complete all 4 fire nodes from highlands to peaks in one session , bails do not matter . When you complete a fire node , in the bossjump there will be a ring of fire hanging from a helicopter above the bossjump . Jump trough and it will say fireball . 
Thats why its more annoying because you have to do it in one session and can’t use shortcuts . 

When done correctly,  when you finish the peaks bossjump it wil take you to the volcano world . There is no shortcut to volcano , if you fail . You have to do all the fire nodes again 

There are 5 bonus worlds 

Highlands   Construction site 

Woods      Mega ramp

Canyon     Ranch

Peaks       Moon

Volcano    Kids room

No bonus worlds in career +

And one more thing if you managed to unlock all bonus worlds but didn’t got your trophy , set your game to offline , my trophy didn’t pop . But when i set my game to offline and replayed construction site in career and did the objective and finished the trophy popped . Maybe not a issue for everyone , but that can fix it .

I hope this helps you out a bit , and you can get your trophies ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EksesDieNaait said:

You need to complete all the ranks for the sponsorship trophy , there are 3 ranks to complete . Roughly 48 tasks to complete .You get 3 daily tasks a day . It will take 16 days of daily tasks if you can complete all 3 in one day . So not hard at all just time based . Maybe if you change the clock on ps4 it can speed things up , but i’m not sure if that works . 

I hope this information helped 

Brilliant, thanks for the info. I have the game coming tomorrow. Mind if I add you and ask you some questions as I go along? 

How hard do you think it is out of 10?

8 minutes ago, HankValentine said:

Brilliant, thanks for the info. I have the game coming tomorrow. Mind if I add you and ask you some questions as I go along? 

How hard do you think it is out of 10?

No problem . 
Yes you can add me and i would gladly answer your questions . 
A would say 8 out of 10 because of the golden run , but with practice you should get it .

• 1 month later...

In my opinion, golden run is not the hardest trophy. It's time consuming, but not really hard.

During every level, just brake as much as you can, avoid all jumps, go at a really slow pace. You basically can't die if you go carrefully. For the first two bosses, you can simply ride around it, si you can complete them without even jumping.

At the end of world 3 (Canyon), on the boss level, you'll have to make the first mandatory jump. It's not hard at all, you just have go as fast as possible from the last checkpoint, and line up with the ramp. You don't even have to jump, your speed should be enough.

The world 4 (peaks) boss is the only obstacle for this trophy. Not because it's really hard, but because a single fail voids the trophy, and there is like 45 minutes of gameplay just to be able to make your attempt...

But you know what? There is a level generator in the game. If you give it the right seed, you'll be able to practice on a boss level!

seed will always consist of 11 digits. Each of these digits specifies a specific parameter in the level when generating.

From left to right:

• The first digit specifies the environment that the player bikes in. 0 is invalid.
  • The second digit specifies the kind of gameplay you can expect to find in the node. 0 represents a normal node, 1 represents a boss jump node, 2 represents a no-path node, and 3 represents a fire ring boss jump node. Any other digit is invalid.
  • The third digit specifies the visual environment of the node. 0 represents a normal node, 1 represents nighttime, 2 represents dusk, and 3 represents stormy conditions. Any other digit is invalid.
  • The fourth digit specifies the steepness of the node, and can range from 0 to 8.
  • The fifth digit specifies the curviness of the node, and can range from 0 to 8.
  • The sixth digit specifies the stunt density of the node, and can range from 0 to 8.
    • Having any of the fourth to sixth digits be a 9 will force a node with an 8-8-8 generation.
  • The last five digits of the seed acts as the seed number from which the level is generated.

For example, the seed 41044444444 will let you play on Peaks boss level.

So there you go, just practice that boss with seeds that begin with 410 (or 430 if you want to practice fire node boss), and the next time you'll take a try, you should make it :).

For me, the easiest method to beat the last boss was to go to the last checkpoint, respawn by pressing O, then just let myself go. No accelerating, no braking, no jump, you just go straight to the jump. Most of the time, this made me land on the ramp lifted by the helicopter. Once you're there, you can continue and do the second jump or, if you feel you don't have enough speed, press O and try again from the last checkpoint.

With a bit of practice, you should be able to tell if you land correctly enough on the first ramp to be able to make the second jump.

While trying this trophy, i died 2 times on the third world's boss (canyon), and 2 times on the peak's boss. So yeah, it probably took me around 4-5 hours for this trophy alone, and of course, having the feeling that you just lost the last 45 minutes of your life because of a single jump is indeed infuriating. But it's not hard, just time consuming.

For me, the trophy "Go the extra mile" was harder, because for that trophy you have to complete the fire nodes in all worlds, complete the boss jump WITH the ring of fire (each boss is really hard with the ring...), and then finish the bonus level in Volcano's world. And that bonus level is not that easy. PS: make sure that you practice that bonus level a lot, with the seed "1005" (you'll be able to enter that seed once you finish volcano world). That trophy probably took me 10 hours alone.

So, to finish this long post, i just have to say that i absolutely loved the game. It's not really hard, but highly rewarding when you finish those trophies. I only need the sponsor-related trophy, which is easy but have to be done on 15 consecutive days :D, then i'll have the plat ^^

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/21/2020 at 5:12 AM, lesk8vaincra said:

In my opinion, golden run is not the hardest trophy. It's time consuming, but not really hard.

During every level, just brake as much as you can, avoid all jumps, go at a really slow pace. You basically can't die if you go carrefully. For the first two bosses, you can simply ride around it, si you can complete them without even jumping.

At the end of world 3 (Canyon), on the boss level, you'll have to make the first mandatory jump. It's not hard at all, you just have go as fast as possible from the last checkpoint, and line up with the ramp. You don't even have to jump, your speed should be enough.

The world 4 (peaks) boss is the only obstacle for this trophy. Not because it's really hard, but because a single fail voids the trophy, and there is like 45 minutes of gameplay just to be able to make your attempt...

But you know what? There is a level generator in the game. If you give it the right seed, you'll be able to practice on a boss level!

For example, the seed 41044444444 will let you play on Peaks boss level.

So there you go, just practice that boss with seeds that begin with 410 (or 430 if you want to practice fire node boss), and the next time you'll take a try, you should make it :).

For me, the easiest method to beat the last boss was to go to the last checkpoint, respawn by pressing O, then just let myself go. No accelerating, no braking, no jump, you just go straight to the jump. Most of the time, this made me land on the ramp lifted by the helicopter. Once you're there, you can continue and do the second jump or, if you feel you don't have enough speed, press O and try again from the last checkpoint.

With a bit of practice, you should be able to tell if you land correctly enough on the first ramp to be able to make the second jump.

While trying this trophy, i died 2 times on the third world's boss (canyon), and 2 times on the peak's boss. So yeah, it probably took me around 4-5 hours for this trophy alone, and of course, having the feeling that you just lost the last 45 minutes of your life because of a single jump is indeed infuriating. But it's not hard, just time consuming.

For me, the trophy "Go the extra mile" was harder, because for that trophy you have to complete the fire nodes in all worlds, complete the boss jump WITH the ring of fire (each boss is really hard with the ring...), and then finish the bonus level in Volcano's world. And that bonus level is not that easy. PS: make sure that you practice that bonus level a lot, with the seed "1005" (you'll be able to enter that seed once you finish volcano world). That trophy probably took me 10 hours alone.

So, to finish this long post, i just have to say that i absolutely loved the game. It's not really hard, but highly rewarding when you finish those trophies. I only need the sponsor-related trophy, which is easy but have to be done on 15 consecutive days :D, then i'll have the plat ^^

So maybe a 7/10 difficulty? I’m thinking about picking up this game. Looks fun and fairly challenging.