If you had to recommend 3 games from last gen on PS4, what would it be

MarcusPunisher

Basically what the topic says. Pick only games that were released on PS4 from 2013 till now.

It doesn't have to be exclusives, anything goes that was released on PS4.

You can also add explanation on why you chose that certain game.

My picks would be:

Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Obvious one, cause the world building is so well done and I would put it as an example of how to do a great & proper RPG game.

Marvel's Spider-Man

I always come back to this decision. This for me is what Arkham Asylum was for the last generation. One of the best superhero games I've ever played.

Nier Automata

This game blew me away unlike any other. I can't compare the way it presents the story to anything and the combat is so enjoyable on top. Great gameplay and incredible story that makes this a must for me.

• Like 1

I'll go in a different direction and say Celeste and Hollow Knight.  Both masterclasses of their respective platformer/metroidvania genre's, despite being cheaper indie titles, and absolutely resonated with me more than most others.

I can't really think of a third at the moment.  There are a ton of games I've played and enjoyed (Spider-Man, Tsushima, TLOU2, Uncharted, Days Gone, Final Fantasy XV, Red Dead Redemption 2, Death Stranding, Hellblade, Control, The Evil Within 1+2, Resident Evil 2 and 7, etc the list goes on) and even more that I haven't played, or started and hadn't finished... but nothing that left too much of a lasting impression or just left me in awe by the time it ended.  Doesn't help I've had a hard time mentally the last few years and games always take a backseat when other stuff is on my mind, even when I'm playing them.  So a lot of them just never got a fair shake.

EDIT: Maybe just give the last spot to SOMA.  Gameplay left a bit to be desired, but one of the best sci-fi horror stories I've seen in any medium.  Had me thinking for days after it ended.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

Persona 5 Royal: Incredible, meaty RPG that has it all; an addictive gameplay loop, an interesting story and lovable characters, and loads of style and theming.

Astro Bot: Rescue Mission: Very charming and engaging platformer with brilliant ideas.

Marvel's Spider-Man: Wonderful gameplay supplemented by some fun combat.

• Like 1

Tough to choose just 3 as there're so many great games to pick from this generation. But I'd have to go with:

Monster Hunter World

The game that made me buy a PS4 and a franchise that's made me buy 3 consoles. Easily hundreds of hours of time to kill both solo and with friends. It never gets tiring slowly chipping away at a monsters life till its inevitable doom. Simple formula and it never fails to pull me in.

Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled

Undeniably the game that defined my childhood and I couldn't be any happier with this remaster. If you're a fan on kart racing games this one may take a some time and practice to get the hang of as a beginner, but nothing is more satisfying than timing and chaining boosts for an endless race.

Marvel's Spider-Man

Was a tough choice between this and God of War as my third recommendation as both were loads of fun but Spider-Man had to be it for me by a small margin just because of how fun and relaxing it is to just swing around NYC. Any game that can make you travel with their game play rather than opting for their speed travel definitely deserves to be given a shot.

I don't have a huge library of PS4 games, so based on that:

Uncharted 4 - Fantastic sequel to an amazing series. 

TLOU2 - I know the fan base was divided, but amazing game either way. 

Overcooked - Probably one of the most enjoyable couch co-ops I've experienced this gen. Even my partner enjoys it and she is not a gamer by any definition.