Warning! Insignia Challenge Glitch

nbyrd921

If an insignia is destroyed outside a camp by a storm/explosion/sniper rifle/shotgun/ it doesn't count for the challenges and will stop you from completing the "all objectives in camps" and "scrotus insignia" final challenges. I am reinstalling my game as we speak but I fear I will have to restart. 

Hmm, I destroyed multiple insignias from outside of camps, yet had no problem getting the platinum. Guess I was lucky.

There's at least one camp where blowing up fuel canisters and the like from outside will also destroy an insignia in the process, so it's probably best to keep an eye on this challenge and make certain each insignia counts correctly, just like the scavenging locations.

• Like 1

Did this on the camp called The Edge. No problem at all. Still got my 77 insignias.

Never had trouble with scavenging locations either and I died in one. The new patches have done wonders to fix this. People need to stop being so paranoid. 

Edited by Cynicgods
Spacing
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, nbyrd921 said:

If an insignia is destroyed outside a camp by a storm/explosion/sniper rifle/shotgun/ it doesn't count for the challenges and will stop you from completing the "all objectives in camps" and "scrotus insignia" final challenges. I am reinstalling my game as we speak but I fear I will have to restart. 

Sorry,but that is not true. I destroyed some Insigna from outside the Camp when I was in my car and did all Challenges and got the Platinum.

Edited by Sikutai

12 hours ago, nbyrd921 said:

This is not true. During my playthrough I had a pop up stating that an insignia was destroyed in a camp, although I wasn’t ever in a camp, maybe on my way to one or outside of one. I can add on to this further by saying I’ve used the thunderpoon to destroy some insignias from outside of a camp from far away, and they counted as well. If your insignia counter is off in any way or doesn’t add up to your challenge stats, you probably died while the game was autosaving when breaking one, or some other odd bug. 

On 04/10/2020 at 8:22 AM, Cynicgods said:

Never had trouble with scavenging locations either and I died in one. The new patches have done wonders to fix this. People need to stop being so paranoid. 

Glad op fixed their problem but I have to agree with this, my dumb ass even managed to fall to my death immediately after getting 100% loot in a scavenging location and it still didn’t glitch. The game is enough of a grind without all the unnecessary anxiety and do’s and don’ts being spread around.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2020 at 2:22 AM, Cynicgods said:

I've put 20+ hours into this game. Destroyed countless insignia. Yet my counter is at 0/5... My friend, is also having issues with the exact same challenge. So no. The patches haven't done "wonders". People aren't being paranoid. They have challenge pages that are showing them that Avalanche never fixed a thing. 

Edited by Badkat18

4 hours ago, Badkat18 said:

I've put 20+ hours into this game. Destroyed countless insignia. Yet my counter is at 0/5... My friend, is also having issues with the exact same challenge. So no. The patches haven't done "wonders". People aren't being paranoid. They have challenge pages that are showing them that Avalanche never fixed a thing. 

Then my plat is a magical creation. If you just finish up all the fights before going for collectibles and let them save properly, you won’t have any issues. None of the glitches that people mention happened to me. Got others like a disappearing scarecrow. Nothing that a reload didn’t fix. I’m not saying throw all caution to the wind but people exaggerate a lot when it comes to this game. 

• Like 1

The only issue I had with insignias was on Twin Sisters camp (defeat all 37 enemies) on Pink Eye's territory. I entered the silo where the Survey project part was and took it defeating all enemies in that section. I had to blow a door which had an insignia very close to gain access to that project part. The explosion broke the insignia so it was counted (1 out of the 2 insignias there) in that camp stats.

Several hours later, I returned to that camp to clear all camps in the game and when I reached the roof of the silo where the project part was, I found that the door and the insignia that were previously destroyed had respawned.

I was worried, I checked the camp stats by pressing L3 and they show I had destroyed one insignia (1/2) and obtained the project part there (1 of the 2 required Survey parts [I had obtained the other one before revisiting this camp, so I already had 2/2 Survey parts]).

So I proceed to blow out that door again and the insignia was destroyed and it was counted in the camp stats as the second destroyed insignia (2/2). I was really worried since there was another insignia in the other silo. I entered the room after blowing the door and the project part box had respawned as well. I collect that part and the screen displayed I had 3/2 Survey project parts).

I went to the other silo and when I destroyed the insignia there the game stats for that camp displayed the transition from 1/2 insignias to 2/2 insignias. Fortunately in the end everything was fine and I didn't have to reload an old save file like I was dreading to do due to the several hours I had already invested.

My advice is to take things easy before freaking out, if you can't find a collectible try watching a video of the camp, vantage point, or scavenging location showing where each collectible is. Just avoid dying while looting a location by clearing the place of enemies before picking up the collectibles and you'll be fine.

Also, every hour or few hours save the game on a different slot before returning to the slot you are using just in case something goes wrong.

Finally, before quiting the game I recomend fast travelling to a stronghold and let it save, then enter your car and wait for the game to save outside the stronghold and quit the game after it saves.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1