How many platinums do you need for 999?

mvpeast

1 minute ago, mvpeast said:

Well I’m just estimating. I need like 850 platinums to get level 100 old cap. New system 1050 so it’s roughly 200 more plats to reach the new cap. That’s a lot.

Well, luckily PS Now is only 10 USD a month and has like 800+ games on it, granted not all of them are plats, but it is still cheaper than buying a whole bunch of games.

1 minute ago, NekoRave said:

Not even one day of my life have I cared for trophy hunting levels. 

I'm like almost rank 600 atm according to this new thing before was 59 so really idk I spent $200,000 on gaming for the games but never really considered caring about trophy levels at all. 

Imo trophy exp is what I like it reminds me of xboxs gamerscore which I miss. 

Plats and trophy types and psn levels was always whatever imo. 

A game at the end of the day is a game to me and I don't feel like there's a gun to my head telling me I'm not doing enough despite what most would think. 

Percentages and plats and trophy levels whatever it may be is more along the lines of a personal goal. 

If your goal is to be max psn level it's a good goal but it shouldn't negate your drive if you have more to do in fact it should be more rewarding. 

Why be frustrated if there's a new limit? 

Continue gaming man do what you do but enjoy the games first and the rest should be extras. 

If you get level 999 at some point great but don't feel like it's more money and more time because if anything it will drain you and you won't want to game much after achieving the max reward psn has to offer. 

Best advice as I said, enjoy the psn journey and try not to rush there. 

Hope you actually that that to heart and consider that for your own health

Thanks that makes me feel better. Yeah there’s no rush.. Once you reach the cap, it’s easy to lose motivation.

3 minutes ago, LukeTheGooner said:

honestly don't worry about it, just carry on gaming and just play the games you enjoy

Thanks. Time to sleep for now. Take care.

• Like 1

i have 13946 trophies with 179 platinums im level 556 90%

im in ohio earn a trohy and it will update

the icon didn't change to silver stayed the same

was playiing uncharted 3 remaster updated it

was playing senran kagura on vita earlier so I don't know if different console effect it

Edited by ChuckDNorris

15 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

Thanks that makes me feel better. Yeah there’s no rush.. Once you reach the cap, it’s easy to lose motivation.

Thanks. Time to sleep for now. Take care.

I hope you feel better man. Have a good sleep.

Edited by mako-heart

1 hour ago, mvpeast said:

Trophy hunting is not cheap. Now it will cost even more money to reach the cap. I already feel like giving up because I wasted too much time and money. Also, I started trophy hunting way too late unlike people that played for more than 12 years. I took at least 4-5 years off as well so It’s impossible to catch up anything at this point. It’s only frustrations.

You sound mental.

• Like 1

Just now, Atoya said:

This update is really bad, a lot of people who aren’t even trophy hunters on my friends list is lvl 200+

what a joke. Sony need to change this garbage like before and just increase the gap

I don’t understand why they didn’t just increase the cap level. Thats all they had to do.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Atoya said:

This update is really bad, a lot of people who aren’t even trophy hunters on my friends list is lvl 200+

what a joke. Sony need to change this garbage like before and just increase the gap

To be fair, everyone on PSN is a trophy hunter. Now to what extent and voracity are two different things.

• Like 1

Just now, Havok_Knight said:

To be fair, everyone on PSN is a trophy hunter. Now to what extent and voracity are two different things.

Thats not true. I know a few people who don’t care about trophies and say it ruins the fun, they disabled the trophy notification. To say everyone, not at all.

• Like 1

Am I the only ones whos just annoyed as hell at this update? Like why couldnt they just uncap the levels on the old system? Just feels like sonys just given out participation medals to everyone by making everyone just such high levels and really giving the middle finger to those who worked really hard on their profiles and have been asking for a higher cap for years and then they turn around and do this. Its just dumb. Probably trying to please people who dont care about trophies which just makes it more infuriating when you read through the comments on the update tweet and see all these people like "who cares" and just insulting trophy hunters. Nitro I saw being insulted on there after commenting. So goddamn annoying.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Ngl I find it funny how people wanted the cap raised to 200 so they make everyone 200 and make it 999 

God damn it Sony lmfao

Sometimes I just don’t get Sony at all. They’re not doing us a favour here.

Edited by LoveInHell
  • Like 1

Just now, LoveInHell said:

Thats not true. I know a few people who don’t care about trophies and say it ruins the fun, they disabled the trophy notification. To say everyone, not at all.

It is still true though. The profiles themselves still earn trophies, it is just the owners that may not like it. Just because you don't like what you collect, doesn't mean you aren't collecting it still. That is where the "extent and voracity" part steps in.

1 minute ago, Havok_Knight said:

It is still true though. The profiles themselves still earn trophies, it is just the owners that may not like it. Just because you don't like what you collect, doesn't mean you aren't collecting it still. That is where the "extent and voracity" part steps in.

I think you misunderstand the term trophy hunter. Someone who dislikes trophies, disables trophy notifications and put their profile trophies on private are not trophy hunters. A trophy hunter is someone who gets trophies intentionally not accidentally.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hakoom said:

The best fix for this is to put trophy rarity into play 

1 rare plat =1000p

1 common plat =100p

Same goes for bronze~gold

So you can lose lvls by time and if you want a higher lvl you need to play games with rarity instead of common spam.

Sony needs to implement something like thid

Has there ever been a situation when Sony reversed a decision or made additional trophy changes after an official statement like this? How likely is it that they will make changes to this system?

2 hours ago, mvpeast said:

People force themselves to do different things. I play other games for “enjoyment” only like Monster Hunter but trophy hunting is another thing that I do. I just want to reach that cap because I already started it so I gotta finish it. Now this update is pushing me even further away from that goal and I feel very exhausted. I need at least like 300-400 more platinums now. It’s just too much.

There is no difference between the systems in these regards. If you just care for a high level and platinum count, you need to p(l)ay Ratalaika. 

Never saw the point in playing for the Leaderboard. It only shows that you wasted lots of money and time on absolute trash games. 

I would recommend to simply earn trophies in games you enjoy. Or focus on earning ultra rares because those are actually something that not everybody can achieve and represent the "hunting" of trophy hunting very well 

2 hours ago, mvpeast said:

Edited by Sinthoras_96
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

I think you misunderstand the term trophy hunter. Someone who dislikes trophies, disables trophy notifications and put their profile trophies on private are not trophy hunters. A trophy hunter is someone who gets trophies intentionally not accidentally.

This is one of those "all rectangles are squares, but not all squares are rectangles" things.

A Trophy Hunter by definition is someone who hunts or collects trophies.

So by definition all PSN Profiles are that, as they collect trophies even against the wishes of the owner.

Now people who actively try to get as many trophies as possible would be more accurately and correctly labeled as Trophy Enthusiasts or Hobbyists as that is their sole goal.

So again, all profiles are Trophy Hunters, but not all of them are Enthusiasts/Hobbyists.

• Like 1