Would you like a true Alphabetical trophy list

I like the idea of this.

I think that in this case it's a matter of making the symbol : come before numbers. This accounts for titles like Uncharted: Drake's Fortune etc

Also if not removed entirely, words like Remastered or Remake could have [ ] thrown around them, and again this coming before numbers in the alphabet.

I'm very much a fan of the word "The" being not recognised so we can have a true view of the title in the list. For example: Last of Us, Walking Dead: The Definitive Telltale Edition, Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. It'd be nice for the word to remain of course, just not recognised or even moved to the end of the name (Last of Us, The).

Touching on the Custom tab idea. This would be a great alternative to any of the above if some things couldn't be implemented for whatever reason :)

• Like 1

Yeah the custom tab is a fantastic idea, everyone shares different opinions on what theyd like their games to say or where they should place so it seems like the only way to give everyone the viewing they want, i personaly dont agree with removing 'the' or placing it at the end, but i agree we should all have the option to edit ourselves in that custom tab, all happy then arent we 

• Like 2

I have 1 follower so im at the mercy of people randomly browsing threads and its probably been overlooked a lot since it gets pushed down every time a new comment from another thread is posted, hense why i asked if sly Wouldn't mind posting the topic as it would have probably had thousands of responses by now, i dont know why psnp wouldnt want to give its users some personalization, were even happy to pay for it, il say it again, it benefits EVERYONE, so why do we need it to be a popular talking point to begin with? Hey if you guys would rather throw aside something that would help improve your site thats up to you isnt it, either way a response would have been nice, anyway sorry for giving a damn about this site, and trying my hand for some humbled improvements, hell it cant be that hard to throw in a custom tab, you all know fully well it will be used by many, were all trophy hunters here after all arent we

8 minutes ago, AvengedEvil said:

Sorry, I don't see a benefit here. For me the system is fine as it is. And if you'd ad a poll, I'd vote with NO.

Thats exactly WHY it benefits EVERYONE, its a ******* option, so if you and others like you want things to be the same you simply dont ******* change it, but for those that do we CAN, it benefits you because your not forced into having anything changed, il say it again, just dont use the tab... seriously whats wrong with people

Just now, Shmeefly said:

Thats exactly WHY it benefits EVERYONE, its a ******* option, so if you and others like you want things to be the same you simply dont ******* change it, but for those that do we CAN, it benefits you because your not forced into having anything changed, il say it again, just dont use the tab... seriously whats wrong with people

What's wrong with us? Maybe most of us don't care about this. Might be a reason why nobody respondes to this thread. So, why should it be implemented? Sounds like a lot of work for Sly for a feature that will rarely be used by anyone.

But how about adding a poll? With this you'd see how many are actually interested in this. Just saying...

• Like 1

Just now, AvengedEvil said:

What's wrong with us? Maybe most of us don't care about this. Might be a reason why nobody respondes to this thread. So, why should it be implemented? Sounds like a lot of work for Sly for a feature that will rarely be used by anyone.

But how about adding a poll? With this you'd see how many are actually interested in this. Just saying...

Let me ask you, seeing as youd like things to stay as they are, why would you still vote no? Your only reasonable explanation for voting no on an OPTION where you already get what you want and that wouldnt change...  would be to spite those of us who arent happy with how things are.. Nice one, great guy, long as your happy eh

And rarely used? Based on what? Thats not a fact at all

5 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Drag and drop, if possible, should be ok.

Re-skinning titles to remove words like "the" or "a" probably not a good idea as it might affect other things - eg sessions.  If the developers wanted it named "last of us", they would've named it that.

If that was an added feature it would only be viewable from a personal stand point in your own custom tab, it wouldnt actually change the name by default, so it wouldnt affect sessions or even look any different than it currently does, its purely for personalization for yourself, it says so somwhere but dont expect you to read through the entire lot lol

Eg: If i decided to rename "Mafia: Definitive Edition" to just "Mafia" in my own personalization tab, and you were to view my profile, or i was to open a session, it would still show as Mafia: Definitive Edition to everyone else, cos i agree, changing things to suit my needs wouldnt be fair on those who dont want anything changed, or those that do but different to how i want it, so all i want is an option to view my games how i want to, just personally, hope that makes sense, nothing will happen tho, lots of toxic talk out there who says bad things about psnp so i wasnt really holding my breath, my buddy even said ive got a better chance of drawing **** from a rocking horse over getting some positive feedback so 

Edited by Shmeefly

13 minutes ago, Shmeefly said:

Let me ask you, seeing as youd like things to stay as they are, why would you still vote no? Your only reasonable explanation for voting no on an OPTION where you already get what you want and that wouldnt change...  would be to spite those of us who arent happy with how things are.. Nice one, great guy, long as your happy eh

And rarely used? Based on what? Thats not a fact at all

Why so salty? And why should I vote for YES if that's not a feature I'm interested in. I'd rather see Sly spend his limited time on fixing / implementing other things than this.

You're right, rarely used is just an assumption. But unless there is no poll, we will never no if the majority is in favor or against this feature.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Shmeefly said:

If that was an added feature it would only be viewable from a personal stand point in your own custom tab, it wouldnt actually change the name by default, so it wouldnt affect sessions or even look any different than it currently does, its purely for personalization for yourself, it says so somwhere but dont expect you to read through the entire lot lol

Eg: If i decided to rename "Mafia: Definitive Edition" to just "Mafia" in my own personalization tab, and you were to view my profile, or i was to open a session, it would still show as Mafia: Definitive Edition to everyone else, cos i agree, changing things to suit my needs wouldnt be fair on those who dont want anything changed, or those that do but different to how i want it, so all i want is an option to view my games how i want to, just personally, hope that makes sense, nothing will happen tho, lots of toxic talk out there who says bad things about psnp so i wasnt really holding my breath, my buddy even said ive got a better chance of drawing **** from a rocking horse over getting some positive feedback so 

So long as it doesn't screw up something like the sessions or forum titles, I dont see the harm in it.  Doubtful anything will change though as there's a laundry list of site improvements that aren't being worked on as far as anyone can tell

• Like 2

Vote yes to help others? Maybe? literally a click of a button n youd still rather chose to give others the middle finger, even though youd still get what you want by choosing yes... literally a click mate... In light of this, honestly **** the poll, too many unreasonable people who dont care, n would rather say no to an option just be be a **** to those that do, i mean it would be like this. 

"poll- whatever your choice, remember nothing will change, but you may help others and the site grow"

"click YES to help others at no expense"

"click NO to be a **** for no reason at all" ...already know your choice, done with this thread now, not jumping through hoops, win some lose some n its honestly something i assumed the site runners would love to do, giving their users some customization and even charging for it, improving good will, adding to the site, making some cash n changing nothing, im no website technician so i dont know how hard or long it would take to add a tab in but in my book, the pros far out weigh the cons here, if theres any cons at all? Other than maybe taking up slys time on something more important? But hey i dont care how long it takes, could be a side project to work on when hes restless or got some spare time, if it takes a couple years im grateful either way but its their site so its up to them in the end isnt it, i cant do any more than ask n i have so il jus forget it lol

21 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

So long as it doesn't screw up something like the sessions or forum titles, I dont see the harm in it.  Doubtful anything will change though as there's a laundry list of site improvements that aren't being worked on as far as anyone can tell

So ive heard, but thanks for giving time to put in a reasonable response 

I'm all for adding an option to sort like this, but it's not "true alphabetical", it's more like sorting by series alphabetically, then sorting within the series by release (or chronological) order. So "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune" would appear first not because it's called "Uncharted 1" (it isn't), but because it is the first game in the Uncharted series. For sorting purposes only, I don't see anything wrong with using modified titles when appropriate (like ignoring "The", using "5" instead of "V", etc.)

I hope the game titles aren't changed as suggested. For example, why should "The Last of Us Remastered" be renamed "The Last of Us"? The case, disc, game tile, trophy set, etc. all make it pretty clear what the game is called. How are you going to say you know better than the developers what the game should be called?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mekktor said:

I'm all for adding an option to sort like this, but it's not "true alphabetical", it's more like sorting by series alphabetically, then sorting within the series by release (or chronological) order. So "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune" would appear first not because it's called "Uncharted 1" (it isn't), but because it is the first game in the Uncharted series. For sorting purposes only, I don't see anything wrong with using modified titles when appropriate (like ignoring "The", using "5" instead of "V", etc.)

I hope the game titles aren't changed as suggested. For example, why should "The Last of Us Remastered" be renamed "The Last of Us"? The case, disc, game tile, trophy set, etc. all make it pretty clear what the game is called. How are you going to say you know better than the developers what the game should be called?

Ok, true alphabetical is just what i called it but agree with you yea its more of a sorting, or more the option to do so, and also agreed, devs call their game what they want, but id like the option in my own trophy list to rename them how i see fit for me, more recent posts update how a feature like this would be implemented without changing the official name, working more like a reskin viewable to only yourself, and only available to mod in the custom tab, basically every user would have a tab put in alongside date earned, alphabetical etc, called custom, this custom tab would only be available for each user personally, within this tab you can rename/reskin whatever you wanna do so your own list looks how you want it to, no one else can view it, if you were to view my profile lets say with me using my custom tab you wouldnt see it, youd just see the last used tab like what im using now, the names of the games as they are by default would never change, nothing at all changes, except for an additional tab in the option

I'm also not particularly interested in this.  I prefer the way it's sorted now, which to my mind is already strictly alphabetical.  I don't really care if sequels are out or order or whatever, because when I sort alphabetically I'm looking for things to actually be sorted that way.  Sorting with "the" or not, is down to preference, but I'm used to the way it already is.

I'd suggest that you might get more traction on this idea if you considered describing it another way and then advocating for adding this as an additional sort option (in other words don't try to mess with a sort option that people are already used to).  Or just keep bashing your head into this wall if you prefer.  Whatever.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dmland12 said:

I'm also not particularly interested in this.  I prefer the way it's sorted now, which to my mind is already strictly alphabetical.  I don't really care if sequels are out or order or whatever, because when I sort alphabetically I'm looking for things to actually be sorted that way.  Sorting with "the" or not, is down to preference, but I'm used to the way it already is.

I'd suggest that you might get more traction on this idea if you considered describing it another way and then advocating for adding this as an additional sort option (in other words don't try to mess with a sort option that people are already used to).  Or just keep bashing your head into this wall if you prefer.  Whatever.

Ok thanks for the feedback, il try and describe it better in a new thread, much appreciated 

• 1 year later...
16 minutes ago, Helyx said:

It does work; it's alphabetical.

Except that if they're not identified as numbers but as letters by the sorting algorithm, you will get Final Fantasy M before Final Fantasy X, GTA L before GTA V, and any C or D would be before a II... Granted, we’ll have to show a bit of patience before getting to those high numbers. :)

And what to say about those stupid 2Kxx titles? 2K kind of makes sense because it’s shorter than 2000, but 2K20 takes the same number of characters and wrecks a proper alphabetical order sorting.