[Debunked] My friend got banned from psn for trophy boosting on a rented server..

JFL_Leon

35 minutes ago, Caesar Clown said:

Some publishers/developers don't allow boosting of any sort. Never heard of EA being one of those though.

They are, as it states in their Rules of Conduct, However Ubisoft has been known to be one of the strictest 

8 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

This thread is giving me massive paranoia. All that work gone just like that.

Same here lol

Thanksfully almost all my boost sessions are actually from coop games so techically makes sense I'm going to boost that with my friend you can kick me or ban me for doing something with a friend in a coop game jaja but on the other hand if is a competitive game and you can't doit in a private server I can see the issue actually.

Man all those people boosting Fall Guys trophy last month must be scare lol

• Like 1

I think the majority of companies - of which there are few - that frown upon boosting add their own "anti-boost" systems.

Example: far cry 2 / quantum theory. 

You get punished earning too much exp in the form of negative exp or a cap. 

I find it hard to believe boosting is policed - especially on ps3 - where 99% of MP games can no longer be earned legit. 

As much as I want to believe OP... ; it is almost unbelievable someone was perma banned for boosting on ps3 in a server they had rented.

Edited by Reinachii-
Details..
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Reinachii- said:

I find it hard to believe boosting is policed - especially on ps3 - where 99% of MP games can no longer be earned legit. 

As much as I want to believe OP... ; it is almost unbelievable someone was perma banned for boosting on ps3 in a private server they paid for.

It doesn't matter what console it was on, if you got reported for it by enough people they will look into it, no matter what. 
Its not a private server, it was a public rented one, still doesn't give you the ability to use it to boost

What is the account name of the banned user? 

I also wonder why OP wasn't also banned. 

He states he was boosting as well.

I would guess he wasn't banned for the boosting, more likely for mass kick/ban which lead to mass reporting. 

In a sense, mass kicking/banning could be seen as an unfair advantage as you are preventint others from levelling.

Edited by Reinachii-

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Would you happen to have a link to the specific terms for renting this specific server? Possibly all the conditions that need to be met when it’s public?

If its public, meaning available for anyone to join, it would follow the same rules as every single other public server would follow

4 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

That’s not what I was asking. 

Just a snippit of what I found 

Server Administrators :
If you are an administrator of a Battlefield 4 Server (referred to below as a "Server Administrator"), you must also comply with the TOS.
Please note that Server Administrators should not ban players for conduct that is not in breach of the TOS, for example, just because they are winning the round, have killed you, etc. The player being banned must be in violation of the TOS (which may include violation of the particular server's rules, provided these rules are in accordance with the TOS).

11. Rules of Conduct

You may violate the Terms of Service if, as determined by EA in its sole discretion, you:

Post, transmit, promote, or distribute Content that is illegal.

Harass, threaten, embarrass, spam or do anything else to another player that is unwanted, such as repeatedly sending unwanted messages or making personal attacks or statements about race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc.

Organize, effectuate or participate in any activity, group, guild that is harmful, abusive, hateful, racially, ethnically, religiously or otherwise offensive, obscene, threatening, bullying, vulgar, sexually explicit, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, encourages conduct that would violate a law or in a reasonable person's view, objectionable and/or inappropriate. Hate speech is not tolerated.

Use abusive, offensive, or defamatory screen names and/or personas.

Engage in disruptive behavior in chat areas, game areas, forums, or any other area or aspect of EA Services. Disruptive behavior includes but is not limited to conduct which interferes with the normal flow of gameplay or dialogue within an EA Service. Disruptive behavior shall also include, but not be limited to, commercial postings, solicitations and advertisements.

Disrupt the flow of chat in chat rooms with vulgar language, abusiveness, hitting the return key repeatedly or inputting large images so the screen goes by too fast to read, use of excessive shouting [all caps] in an attempt to disturb other users, "spamming" or flooding [posting repetitive text].

Impersonate another person (including celebrities), indicate falsely that you are an EA employee or a representative of EA, or attempt to mislead users by indicating that you represent EA or any of EA's partners or affiliates.

Attempt to get a password, account information, or other private information from anyone else on EA Services.

Upload any software or Content that you do not own or have permission to freely distribute.

Violate any additional Rules of Conduct applicable to a specific EA Service that you are using.

Promote, encourage or take part in any activity involving hacking, cracking, phishing, taking advantage of exploits or cheats and/or distribution of counterfeit software and/or virtual currency/items.

Upload files that contain a virus, worm, spyware, time bombs, corrupted data or other computer programs that may damage, interfere with or disrupt EA Services.

Post messages for any purpose other than personal communication, including advertising or promotional messaging, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or other commercial activities.

Improperly use in-game support or complaint buttons or make false reports to EA staff.

Use or distribute unauthorized "auto" software programs, "macro" software programs or other "cheat utility" software program or applications.

Use any game hacking/altering/cheating software or tools.

Modify or attempt to modify any file or any other part of the EA Service that EA does not specifically authorize you to modify.

Post or communicate any person's real-world personal information using an EA Service.

Attempt to interfere with, hack into or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers for an EA Service.

Use and communicate exploits and/or cheats.

Attempt to use EA Software on or through any service that is not controlled or authorized by Electronic Arts. Any such use is at your own risk and may subject you to additional or different terms. EA takes no responsibility for your use of EA Software on or through any service that is not controlled by Electronic Arts.

Interfere with the ability of others to enjoy playing an EA Service or take actions that interfere with or materially increase the cost to provide an EA Service for the enjoyment of all its users.

Unless expressly authorized by EA, you may not sell, buy, trade or otherwise transfer your Account or any personal access to EA Services, Content or Entitlements, including by use of auction websites.

You may not conduct any activities that violate the laws of any jurisdiction including but not limited to copyright infringement, trademark infringement, defamation, invasion of privacy, identity theft, hacking, stalking, fraud and the distribution of counterfeit software.

Post or transmit unsolicited advertising, promotional materials or other forms of solicitation in-game or in the forums.

Abuse or exploit bugs, undocumented features, design errors or problems in the game.

“Role–playing” is not an excuse for violating this or any other policy.

• Like 3

Just now, SnowxSakura said:

Just a snippit of what I found 

Server Administrators :
If you are an administrator of a Battlefield 4 Server (referred to below as a "Server Administrator"), you must also comply with the TOS.
Please note that Server Administrators should not ban players for conduct that is not in breach of the TOS, for example, just because they are winning the round, have killed you, etc. The player being banned must be in violation of the TOS (which may include violation of the particular server's rules, provided these rules are in accordance with the TOS).

11. Rules of Conduct

You may violate the Terms of Service if, as determined by EA in its sole discretion, you:

Post, transmit, promote, or distribute Content that is illegal.

Harass, threaten, embarrass, spam or do anything else to another player that is unwanted, such as repeatedly sending unwanted messages or making personal attacks or statements about race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc.

Organize, effectuate or participate in any activity, group, guild that is harmful, abusive, hateful, racially, ethnically, religiously or otherwise offensive, obscene, threatening, bullying, vulgar, sexually explicit, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, encourages conduct that would violate a law or in a reasonable person's view, objectionable and/or inappropriate. Hate speech is not tolerated.

Use abusive, offensive, or defamatory screen names and/or personas.

Engage in disruptive behavior in chat areas, game areas, forums, or any other area or aspect of EA Services. Disruptive behavior includes but is not limited to conduct which interferes with the normal flow of gameplay or dialogue within an EA Service. Disruptive behavior shall also include, but not be limited to, commercial postings, solicitations and advertisements.

Disrupt the flow of chat in chat rooms with vulgar language, abusiveness, hitting the return key repeatedly or inputting large images so the screen goes by too fast to read, use of excessive shouting [all caps] in an attempt to disturb other users, "spamming" or flooding [posting repetitive text].

Impersonate another person (including celebrities), indicate falsely that you are an EA employee or a representative of EA, or attempt to mislead users by indicating that you represent EA or any of EA's partners or affiliates.

Attempt to get a password, account information, or other private information from anyone else on EA Services.

Upload any software or Content that you do not own or have permission to freely distribute.

Violate any additional Rules of Conduct applicable to a specific EA Service that you are using.

Promote, encourage or take part in any activity involving hacking, cracking, phishing, taking advantage of exploits or cheats and/or distribution of counterfeit software and/or virtual currency/items.

Upload files that contain a virus, worm, spyware, time bombs, corrupted data or other computer programs that may damage, interfere with or disrupt EA Services.

Post messages for any purpose other than personal communication, including advertising or promotional messaging, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or other commercial activities.

Improperly use in-game support or complaint buttons or make false reports to EA staff.

Use or distribute unauthorized "auto" software programs, "macro" software programs or other "cheat utility" software program or applications.

Use any game hacking/altering/cheating software or tools.

Modify or attempt to modify any file or any other part of the EA Service that EA does not specifically authorize you to modify.

Post or communicate any person's real-world personal information using an EA Service.

Attempt to interfere with, hack into or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers for an EA Service.

Use and communicate exploits and/or cheats.

Attempt to use EA Software on or through any service that is not controlled or authorized by Electronic Arts. Any such use is at your own risk and may subject you to additional or different terms. EA takes no responsibility for your use of EA Software on or through any service that is not controlled by Electronic Arts.

Interfere with the ability of others to enjoy playing an EA Service or take actions that interfere with or materially increase the cost to provide an EA Service for the enjoyment of all its users.

Unless expressly authorized by EA, you may not sell, buy, trade or otherwise transfer your Account or any personal access to EA Services, Content or Entitlements, including by use of auction websites.

You may not conduct any activities that violate the laws of any jurisdiction including but not limited to copyright infringement, trademark infringement, defamation, invasion of privacy, identity theft, hacking, stalking, fraud and the distribution of counterfeit software.

Post or transmit unsolicited advertising, promotional materials or other forms of solicitation in-game or in the forums.

Abuse or exploit bugs, undocumented features, design errors or problems in the game.

“Role–playing” is not an excuse for violating this or any other policy.

Perfect, thank you

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Would you happen to have a link to the specific terms for renting this specific server? Possibly all the conditions that need to be met when it’s public?

http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/ROC/US/en/PC/BFH

Some stand out ones...

• Examples of abuse in Official Servers and Ranked Servers in violation of the TOS include, but are not limited to:
    • Taking turns killing, reviving, receiving ammo etc.

• Abusing world geometry to your advantage without risk

• Exploiting vehicle damage to repair indefinitely

• Creating a play environment which, by definition or action, creates an inflated scoring scenario such as 'flagru'flagrun
    •  
  • Please note that Server Administrators should not ban players for conduct that is not in breach of the TOS, for example, just because they are winning the round, have killed you, etc. The player being banned must be in violation of the TOS (which may include violation of the particular server's rules, provided these rules are in accordance with the TOS).

For the avoidance of doubt, Server Administrators will also violate the TOS if they (i) use offensive server names, server art or tags; or (ii) encourage other players to violate the TOS while in game.
  • Like 2

Just now, Atoya said:

No he didn’t get banned for boosting your friend got banned for playing with a jail broken ps3 or something, there is no way you can be banned for boosting, sorry to break it to you but ur friend is a liar ? 

Okay, Seriously, read some replies above :facepalm:

• Like 1

Still very odd, we've had rental servers since Battlefield 3 now and all it takes to ban you is one grumpy random to report you? Also, even though the server will be listed publicly you can just password protect it so no randoms join. And on all battlefield games they're going to care about PS3 Hardline?

Damn, just fix BFV gobbletrotter 

Playstation access a official playstation youtube channel has referenced boosting before. They havent called it by the name of boosting but they have said stuff like. "Get your friends to die" or something like that.

They were talking about the star wars battlefront trophy where you need to step on people on hoth I think it or something like that.

I also remember playstation access mentioning psnprofiles before but I could be wrong about that.

Edited by charxsetsuna

6 minutes ago, ValkyrieMaxxi said:

Okay, Seriously, read some replies above :facepalm:

Do u seriously think gaming companies care if u boost trophies?

you can message EA and they will unbanned you immediately, and they have a warning system same on with fifa you get 3 warnings, and I know that they can spot boosters but they won’t banned the account just you from the game ( unlikely to happen in none sports games ) and once you message them they will unbanned you, somehow the OP didn’t get banned but his friend did? Ok lol 

+

I never heard of anyone get banned from BF Hardline if so then his friend should show the chat long with the PSN agent so we can confirm other than that it’s a lie imo

Edited by Atoya

2 minutes ago, Atoya said:

Do u seriously think gaming companies care if u boost trophies?

you can message EA and they will unbanned you immediately, and they have a warning system same on with fifa you get 3 warnings, and I know that they can spot boosters but they won’t banned the account just you from the game ( unlikely to happen in none sports games ) and once you message them they will unbanned you, somehow the OP didn’t get banned but his friend did? Ok lol 

+

I never heard of anyone get banned from BF Hardline if so then his friend should show the chat long with the PSN agent so we can confirm other than that it’s a lie imo

Its not about boosting trophies.............as far as EA is concerned, he was boosting, Kills, KD, Rank Ect

5 minutes ago, ValkyrieMaxxi said:

Its not about boosting trophies.............as far as EA is concerned, he was boosting, Kills, KD, Rank Ect

They honestly don’t give a damn, if you aren’t a hacker then you are perfectly fine to boost battlefield

Edited by Atoya
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Atoya said:

They honestly don’t give a damn, if you aren’t a hacker then you have are perfectly fine to boost battlefield

No you aren't, as again, its against EA Terms of Service, If You Don't get caught you're fine, but if you do then well you're done

29 minutes ago, Aodir said:

Still very odd, we've had rental servers since Battlefield 3 now and all it takes to ban you is one grumpy random to report you? Also, even though the server will be listed publicly you can just password protect it so no randoms join. And on all battlefield games they're going to care about PS3 Hardline?

Damn, just fix BFV gobbletrotter 

You can't password protect it if you want it to be ranked to earn trophies. 

• Like 3