Trophy Thoughts?

From the press release...

"The side-scrolling shoot'em up will launch digitally worldwide on November 4th for US$9.99/€9.99.

This complete edition is optimized for 60fps performance and features all previous updates, DLC and a brand new gallery mode. Detailed score tables and replay data sharing extend the experience and will have you competing with friends for high scores just like an old-school arcade."

Plus from the website...

""Physical production will be limited to 2000 units. Preorders open with online retail partner Playasia this Thursday, September 24th at 11:00 pm Hong Kong (11:00 am ET / 04:00pm UK). Limited Editions include the game with a manual, 2-CD soundtrack, poster and numbered certificate in a collector’s box."

SoeldnerX-2-Final-Prototype-Definitive-E

Edited by Topov81
Physical release info added.
  • Like 2

any discounts or free crossbuys if I bought it on vita like an idiot almost a decade ago?

I doubt it but I really don't wanna buy the game again, just for ANOTHER separate list because they kept doing weird things with this game in terms of physical releases. Wish they ported Soldner-X 1 to PS4 but they'd prolly make another new damn list.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Trophy thoughts then.  I've played this on PS3 and Vita and never gotten near the platinum but I've really knuckled down with the PS4 version and I'm doing quite well now.

It's not an easy max by any means but a bit easier than I thought.  The game itself is very enjoyable and reasonably easy to complete, especially with how many credits you get.  But the sticking points are;

Finding all the keys.  This relies on keeping a good rank as you play (basically don't get hit) and is quite tough.  6/10 sort of difficulty.

There are some tough challenges.  Action Fan (6/10) was pretty hard because levels 6 and 7 are quite tricky.  Hellfire is meant to be very tough but I've not got that one available to try yet.

I'd say for shoot 'em up veterans this is a 6/10.  For everyone else this could be an 8/10 or higher.

It's a bit of a grind but not a silly one.  I reckon you're looking at a couple of weeks of solid play to get this one done.

• Like 2

I just started and haven't unlocked many challenges yet, but the ones that I have are slightly easier than the Vita (and probably PS3) version.

Said challenges are:

1. Collector

• Vita - Collect 999 chain rings on the second level.
  • PS4 - Collect 777 chain rings on the second level.

2. Assassin

• Vita - Clear the fourth stage within 7 minutes, 45 seconds (7:45)
  • PS4 - Clear the fourth stage within 8 minutes, 30 seconds (8:30)

3. Profiler

• Vita - Clear the fourth stage without missing any enemies. 3 errors (misses) allowed.
  • PS4 - Clear the fourth stage without missing any enemies. 6 errors (misses) allowed.

There maybe other changes, I just haven't got that far yet. It only took 3 tries on PS4 to complete Profiler vs the 23 it took on the Vita.

Edited by Caldor2K2
Fixed typos
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Getting thee platinum was tough, but in the end not as hard as I thought it would be. Took me around 21.5 hours. And I'm an average shmup player at best.

If anyone needs help with some of the harder challenges, I have a playlist on my channel showing how to get them done.

Edited by AvengedEvil
  • Like 2