Constant Crashes

3 hours ago, mk79797 said:

Does anyone know if there are any patches scheduled to come out? I've had the game crash at least 10 times, twice it has corrupted my save file. Anyone else have crashing issues?

I have the same problem, had a couple of corrupt saves too.

The first crash was like two hours in on my first playthrough. The savefiles did not survive that....

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I have just had the game crash about 3/4 of the way through my playthrough and corrupt my save. I dont know whether to try again, but then if it corrupts again I will be doubly p**sed off. Not sure if it makes a difference but I am playing it on PS5, wonder if the people experiencing crashes are all PS5 users??

• Like 1

On 22/11/2020 at 8:24 AM, Juxta-Dowgle said:

Yeah I have just had the game crash about 3/4 of the way through my playthrough and corrupt my save. I dont know whether to try again, but then if it corrupts again I will be doubly p**sed off. Not sure if it makes a difference but I am playing it on PS5, wonder if the people experiencing crashes are all PS5 users??

Yeah, mine's been crashing often and corrupts save data on the final chapter. Only started doing this once I wanted to do my final playthrough on PS5 so that's probably the issue. No problems on ps4 ?

I'm playing on PS4 Pro and only just started the game. It crashed and corrupted my save right after I finished the prologue. Does anyone know if occasionally uploading your save to online storage would enable you to download it back to system storage or does it corrupt the online storage saves as well?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/2/2022 at 7:09 PM, honkytonk_bengie said:

Ditto

How did you get past this part then? I'm stuck with the game crashing at the "Another Way" part where the kid in the past inside a barrel is about to be found by a guy.

EDIT: Redid the chapter thru chapter select and it didn't crash on that part anymore.

Edited by ipot_04
fixed

Mine keeps crashing when entering the house in the last chapter. No choices to be made from the checkpoint to the crash. 
anyone figured out what to do. Their support isn’t helpful. 

is it just the save? Will it work if I create a new save file?

On 18/10/2022 at 7:27 AM, Jauk91 said:

Mine keeps crashing when entering the house in the last chapter. No choices to be made from the checkpoint to the crash. 
anyone figured out what to do. Their support isn’t helpful. 

is it just the save? Will it work if I create a new save file?

Having same issue. Not sure whether to start a new save in the hopes that it won’t crash again

On 10/18/2022 at 3:50 PM, ipot_04 said:

How did you get past this part then? I'm stuck with the game crashing at the "Another Way" part where the kid in the past inside a barrel is about to be found by a guy.

EDIT: Redid the chapter thru chapter select and it didn't crash on that part anymore.

I gave up on the game for now. Tried the ps4 version on a ps4 and on ps5. I waiting to see if any more inputs or patch coming in next month or so. Otherwise I guess will try from scratch deleting all history of saves etc. Which is sad as was nearly done with collectibles etc.

7 hours ago, honkytonk_bengie said:

I gave up on the game for now. Tried the ps4 version on a ps4 and on ps5. I waiting to see if any more inputs or patch coming in next month or so. Otherwise I guess will try from scratch deleting all history of saves etc. Which is sad as was nearly done with collectibles etc.

7 hours ago, honkytonk_bengie said:

Have you tried what I did?

Load up the save file that you want to continue with.

Instead of choosing Continue, choose Scene Selection instead and pick the chapter you want to play.

That worked for me and I've only had that one freezing then crash part. It's at least worth a try.

I also used a guide which helped me figure out how far I am into that chapter:

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/The-Dark-Pictures-Anthology-Little-Hope/walkthrough/4

14 hours ago, ipot_04 said:

Yeah I did. where the game is bugged is quite early in a chapter so both did continue as well chapter select. On the ps5 as well imported the save to ps4 and tried there.
Always the same place. Also all bearings come up with an X prior so must be when they clash together for the game to determine outcome it cannot do it.

/

14 hours ago, ipot_04 said:

Have you tried what I did?

Load up the save file that you want to continue with.

Instead of choosing Continue, choose Scene Selection instead and pick the chapter you want to play.

That worked for me and I've only had that one freezing then crash part. It's at least worth a try.

I also used a guide which helped me figure out how far I am into that chapter:

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/The-Dark-Pictures-Anthology-Little-Hope/walkthrough/4

4 hours ago, HopelessJenova said:

You have to reload a chapter and change your decision. Not a perfect fox but it does work. So less choice but you’ll see an ending. 

Ah, thanks for the tip.

Sadly there is no choice to make before it happens. Just walking and QTE. Also it is on my heads playthrough. So ironically, not a choice i could make! Lol.

Any way, juat decided to start movienight and hearts playthrough and so far the bearings works.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, demetriogaleano1 said:

just happened to me, corrupted my save but weird enough the chapter select was available but all pictures and collectibles was lost.

If in 2 years since this topic was created nothing was done, this is a clear signal nothing will be made by the developers....just backup your save every time you spend a few hours.

It happened not 2 years ago. But with latest patch sep/oct. When the free ps5 update came. So a month and a half about. There has not been a patch yet.

I created another save ans played hearts in movie night from beginning and worked fine.

Will restart a new save solo heads and see of that works. If so, only the active save when update came was corrupted. Stay tuned.

Edit: I finished solo story but after a lot of crashs and i deleted the game and donwloaded lthe 1.0 but i did the save all characters playthrough and think 3 trophies for saving individual characters didn't popped.

solo story is cursed, movie night work fine, i will get all the others in movie night. what a mess of game.

Edited by demetriogaleano1

• 4 weeks later...

A warning for people that are aware aware of that september patch 1.09 breaking the game, and thought they could play 1.0 version to get around it.

Turns out, 1.0 is just as buggy. I have been playing 1.0 for the past few days, and started having crashes right at the very end of the game, when a character enters a car and it drives off-screen and screen fades to black. I tried continuing several times, it crashes everytime in the same spot. I tried using chapter select, replayed the whole last chapter making different choices, it crashes just the same. I then continued from that second save a few times, (enduring several minutes of unskipable cutscenes) and it crashed again.

Reddit are full of reports of crashing, 2 years running of complaints, and when dev representatives get involved is just tell people to be patient or open a ticket to Bandai Namco, which gives us little hope (sorry) they care all that much: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkPicturesAnthology/

https://www.reddit.com/r/LittleHope/

Seems that when press got on the case, they got off their consumer unfriendly asses:

https://www.eurogamer.net/dark-pictures-fans-complain-at-two-month-wait-for-crucial-fixes

As of today 14th December 2022, there is no patch beyond 1.09, but there was an update for Man of Medan, which gives us all a little hope for litlle hope (sorry).

I do no envy these community managers guys, but man, is this total BS... They keep repeating that it is impossible to revert a patch, as if this is a thing. If they wanted to push a patch that replaces the entire game with a previous version, they certainly could. I don't doubt there is a reason why they wouldn't do it, but whatever it is they just won't tell anyone. 

• Like 1