pure white character question

EightBitArtist

Definitely agree with the commenter above me...you can gain pure white tendency quite easily by boosting with another player. If you don’t want to do that, just kill all the black phantoms in each world after getting to pure black world tendency in each (boosting is definitely easier and takes no more than 5 minutes with a partner and password; just have them continuously invade you). I highly recommend getting to pure white character tendency before pure black character tendency as well, it’ll make things much easier when going for the Ally’s Ring and Foe’s Ring. 

6 minutes ago, TiptopChrisy-NI said:

Is there a way to get people to invade me ?

The easiest way would be to create a boosting session.

Other than that, be mindful that invaders need to be within 10 levels of your own Soul Level (plus 10% overall SL). If you're too high a level, you'll find invasions more scarce. Also, you can only be invaded in areas where the boss is still alive and you can only be invaded while in body form.

• 2 weeks later...

Also lacking PWCT here because one of the black phantoms fell to his death so it didn't count. ?

Question: does killing a black phantom in someone else's world count? Could I, in theory, place a blue stone near where a black phantom would normally be and hope to be summoned by someone wanting to co-op against the phantom, land the killing blow, and have it count towards my character tendency? 

On 12/3/2020 at 9:35 PM, Radford999 said:

It’s so easy to get pure white character tendency. If you haven’t got it after killing all of the black phantoms, just boost it with someone online. Takes like 2 minutes. 

I assume this can be boosted with the password PVP. Question about that: with the password enabled, does my friend still have to be within 10 levels?

Im not sure how clear the guides are with the PWCT as they both have you do a few things that push you towards black BEFORE they advise to go for PWCT

All in all, potentially making it more difficult and where perhaps, some of the problems are occuring. 

One of the possible push to PBCT events is the 'free and kill Yurt' event. Do we HAVE to free him, or is it better to knock him off or does he not even count towards PBCT??? 

Another is the 'invade a player and kill the host' trophy. We know this definitely pushes you towards PBCT, but both guides have you do this BEFORE going for PWCT, and so makes it harder. 

Ideally, these events want doing AFTER you have PWCT, make it easier then and potentially prevent the need to boost as loads of us seem to need doing and get annoyed about it..

Does the Yurt death affect CT, I mean he is a friendly key NPC at that point isnt he so guess he does right......?? 

27 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

the 'free and kill Yurt' event. Do we HAVE to free him, or is it better to knock him off or does he not even count towards PBCT???

Killing Yurt has zero effect on CT or WT.

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/yurt

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/character-tendency

16 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Is that one of the many assumptions we are making from PS3 to PS5 because although not many, somethings have changed

For example, if we go by the wiki, apparently the WT is server based on PS3, not here. 

Another thing is that the wiki states that you update Tendency by going to Nexus, however, on PS5 anyway, World warps update WT, but a Nexus warp updates CT. 

Helping a host kill a boss seems to increase WT as well, but this isnt mentiond on the wiki, on the PS5 anyway

Sorry m8, I just need to be 100% sure of things and ive seen Wikis be wrong too many times in the past, after all, they are unofficial and just updated by the likes of u and me ;)

Most the time they are correcrt, I just like to keep an open mind ;)

Edited by Optinooby

39 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

I just need to be 100% sure of things and ive seen Wikis be wrong too many times in the past

That is the comprehensive all-in-one for Demon's Souls (PS3). Using this knowledge as a backdrop, I had zero trouble on PS5, even with the few changes.

1 hour ago, Helyx said:

That is the comprehensive all-in-one for Demon's Souls (PS3). Using this knowledge as a backdrop, I had zero trouble on PS5, even with the few changes.

You're right m8, its just me and my stupid playstyle!! 

Im routing a Platinum Speedrun - Everymans Guide, so I need to be absolutely certain so I dont waste anyones time. Most of it is safe to assume but things with tendency is that I need to be very careful with as 1 inaccuracy can have a big impact!! 

I know it sounds daft and not fun m8, but I enjoy it ;), ive actually really been looking fwd to it with this ;)

40 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Most of it is safe to assume but things with tendency is that I need to be very careful with as 1 inaccuracy can have a big impact!! 

Go white first. You can always go black afterwards easily.

• 2 weeks later...

OK so I'm still in NG and want to get the ring for PWCT before NG+ just to get it out of the way.

I want to kill all the Black Phantoms... but to get to them, as you know, I need PBWT in the respective worlds.

To get PBWT in a world, die enough times in the world in body form, right?

Done that in some but there are two worlds left... but I have no more Stone of Ephemeral Eyes left! Pretty much got them all in the game, there is one left in Patches inventory and one left in the inventory of the Filthy Lady... and that's it. Somehow I fucked it up and now there aren't enough to die often enough in every world to get them all to PBWT. I don't know how I did it. I may have used some up because for some reason I wanted a world to be PWBT at some point...  Anyhow, long story short: for whatever reason, I don't have enough stones left to switch the remaining two worlds (= 14 stones) to PBWT purely by using a stone, dying, using a stone again, dying again etc.

Alright, you might say, just to help some people out with bosses to get your body form back, then go to the world, die, get summoned again, rinse and repeat. I wanted to do that. The thing is: I'm not getting summoned! Like, at all! Standing around for hours at pretty much every boss, never got a summon! I got summoned in the beginning of the game at Tower Knight, when I was still low level...  but now? I'm SL90 and not getting summoned :( I don't know if it is because of my SL or if no one's playing anymore... but no summons for me...

And even if a random summon would suddenly happen after many hours of waiting... I would need many summons to get back to body form enough times to drop a worlds tendency to black... so it would take ages...

Alright, you might say... forget the BPs. Get invaded and kill the invaders. Might be a bit hard if you're not a PvP pro but why not give it a try? Right?

Well, I tried to get invaded...  but guess what? No invasions either! Sitting around in 4-1 for ages, nothing happening...

(and yes, I'm online :p)

So, how the fuck can I get back to body form enough times, so that I can die enough times to get the PBWT needed to get the last Black Phantoms? There are no blue stones left and I don't get summoned so that I could help out with bosses ...

I also don't get invaded so that I could not bother with the BPs.

Boosting is apparently not an option anymore because they seemed to have patched something so that you now need to be on the same SL, otherwise you can't play together... I also don't have a friend who plays and doing organising Boosting Sessions online can be such a chore... also, I want to do the shit NOW and not set up a session and have to wait for a day or two before there is someone who wants to participate...

So basically... Am I fucked? Other than going for PWCT in NG+ of course... is there anything I'm missing? A way to make sure I get invaded for example? Maybe a way to somehow glitch and dupe the Stones (can still buy one from Patches) so that I can return to Body Form as often as I want? Again, I'm not sure if the remaining two BPs would be enough to get me to PWCT but I would like to try it ...

If they aren't enough, then at least I will probably be close enough that one or two invader kills would be enough... I would then just have to wait and hope that someone invades me at some point... and that I beat them...

Probably easier to just go for the ring in NG+?

23 minutes ago, Sicho said:

Done that in some but there are two worlds left... but I have no more Stone of Ephemeral Eyes left! Pretty much got them all in the game, there is one left in Patches inventory and one left in the inventory of the Filthy Lady... and that's it. Somehow I fucked it up and now there aren't enough to die often enough in every world to get them all to PBWT. I don't know how I did it. I may have used some up because for some reason I wanted a world to be PWBT at some point...  Anyhow, long story short: for whatever reason, I don't have enough stones left to switch the remaining two worlds (= 14 stones) to PBWT purely by using a stone, dying, using a stone again, dying again etc.

Just farm the plague babies in 5-4. They drop stones of ephemeral eyes.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LethalLuke1993 said:

Best thing to do is get a friend or someone you know who has the game to invade you by setting a password between the two of you. It only takes a few invasions to move from black tendency to pure white, takes all of about 5-10 mins max

apparently, even with password you now need to be around the same soul level or you can't match... there's a thread about it here in the forum.

4 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

Just farm the plague babies in 5-4. They drop stones of ephemeral eyes.

see, I knew there would be something I owuld have missed! Thanks!