Question about PlayStation Support

DeathSquidGames

Hey all! So please delete if not the right space. But I have been seriously considering starting fresh with a new account for PS5. 

It is going to sound ridiculous, and I do realize it. I am mostly concerned about the previous support contacts I have had with PlayStation support. None of them were bad and most were open ended answer questions. 5 times that totaled about 30 minutes of support time.

I work in customer support, and so I know that cases are recorded and kept under your profile. And I don’t know why that bothers me so much but it does. (Anxiety is the worst)

So I guess I am here looking for solidarity. Seeing how many people actually have contacted support in the past.

Thank you to all those on this site that have been just incredibly kind and understanding. (Don’t worry, I am currently seeking help for my anxiety issue)

Edited by DeathSquidGames
Fixing the topic

13 minutes ago, DeathSquidGames said:

Hey all! So please delete if not the right space. But I have been seriously considering starting fresh with a new account for PS5. And it is not because of unobtainables on my account, or missing timestamps as I have mentioned in past posts.

It is going to sound ridiculous, and I do realize it. I am mostly concerned about the contacts I have had with PlayStation support. None of them were bad and most were open ended answer questions. 5 contacts that totaled about 30 minutes of support time.

I work in customer support, and so I know that cases are recorded and kept under your profile. And I don’t know why that bothers me so much but it does. (Anxiety is the worst)

So I guess I am here looking for solidarity. Seeing how many people actually have contacted support or started a new profile over something that bothered them on their account.

Thank you to all those on this site that have been just incredibly kind and understanding. (Don’t worry, I am currently seeking help for my anxiety issue)

I read your post twice, still don't really understand your question.

If you thinking about starting over because of few games you can't 100% - just let it go dude. By playing tons of Ratailka games I came to the conclusion - trophies and achievements are useless, meaningless numbers nobody cares about, if they did mean something years ago, they got devalued long ago by ton of cheap 5-15 min Platinum shovelware games.

Not worth it starting over new account and losing your purchase history. Just hide the games if you want high % completion. Also you don't need to contact support to start new profile.

Edited by Shizo
  • Like 2

@DeathSquidGames  I'm totally confused by your post.  So, what solidarity are you talking about?  From what you wrote I'm guessing you are asking:

How many people start a new account?  A lot.

Are Playstation Support people helpful?  Yes.

If you want to start a new support on Playstation, you don't contact anyone - you just start a new account, or many new accounts with new email addresses. If you are worried about any PS Plus games, you still have the original account - just throw some cashola at it each year to keep the PS Plus membership for the games.

And, you ARE aware that this site has no ties with Playstation or Sony, aren't you?

@Shizo @PermaFox

Oof, I edited the post. I am sorry, that was really confusing.

This is mostly my anxiety has latched onto one thing on my account that bothers me. And that thing is the amount of times I have contacted PlayStation Support. So much so that I am seriously considering just starting a new account. I have a total of 28 Plats, so not a ton. Most are RPG games (days gone, KH, etc)

This also doesn't have anything to do with the context of the chats, just the amount. All of my contacts have been pleasant. I am mostly seeing if others have reached out to them before and if it ever bothers anyone about past Case History. 

@DeathSquidGames  I contact Playstation Support a lot, and I really don't think they keep a tab on you.  I mean, I think we are on a first name basis now, Christmas cards and the like.  ?

So what is the anxiety?  Games you will never complete?  Games you hated playing?  Then start another account.  

Why do you contact Playstation so much anyway?

4 minutes ago, DeathSquidGames said:

@Shizo @PermaFox

Oof, I edited the post. I am sorry, that was really confusing.

This is mostly my anxiety has latched onto one thing on my account that bothers me. And that thing is the amount of times I have contacted PlayStation Support. So much so that I am seriously considering just starting a new account. I have a total of 28 Plats, so not a ton. Most are RPG games (days gone, KH, etc)

This also doesn't have anything to do with the context of the chats, just the amount. All of my contacts have been pleasant. I am mostly seeing if others have reached out to them before and if it ever bothers anyone about past Case History. 

I'm not sure why contacting support would affect your relation to your account in any way, I really don't. Hundreds of people call support every day these people you've spoken with 100% already forgot about you. 

If you mean that you can't reach out to support because of anxiety, you're not alone with this. It takes me a lot to reach out to them aswell but all my experience with them has been very positive. Now again, why would that make you want to create a new account?

1 minute ago, PermaFox said:

@DeathSquidGames  I contact Playstation Support a lot, and I really don't think they keep a tab on you.  I mean, I think we are on a first name basis now, Christmas cards and the like.  1f604.png

So what is the anxiety?  Games you will never complete?  Games you hated playing?  Then start another account.  

Why do you contact Playstation so much anyway?

LOL. I am just imagining the exchange of Christmas cards

Not really any game related anxiety. I have a couple of unobtainables which is fine. Most of the games on my account are ones that I enjoyed. It just has solely to do with the contacts. I mean being able to skip a couple of games on a new account wouldn't be such a bad thing.

I only contacted 5 times. Once for a promo email, once for the player celebration thing (wouldn't sign me up), twice for trophy related questions (trophy list), and last was just a call to PlayStation Direct to make sure my CC was right.

5 minutes ago, xDerErnst said:

I'm not sure why contacting support would affect your relation to your account in any way, I really don't. Hundreds of people call support every day these people you've spoken with 100% already forgot about you. 

If you mean that you can't reach out to support because of anxiety, you're not alone with this. It takes me a lot to reach out to them aswell but all my experience with them has been very positive. Now again, why would that make you want to create a new account?

That is a very good question. I honestly wish I had an answer to why it bothers me so much, but I don't.

I guess I believe that having a clean slate would make me feel better, but again maybe not.

am confused by what your asking as if it is tied to calling ps support for starting a new id then yeah, you don't need to unless your under the impression that ps support can port over your games and so on as that is a no. but As @Shizo said there is no point in caring about trophies you might have on this id, your better off just keep going. and or just hide the stuff you feel is making you feel abit bad about and yeah.

I used to be really into trophies a lot years ago but now am more into going for the plat of games I enjoy. If I don't enjoy the game there is likely chance I won't go for the plat. such as Bad company 1 or ff13 2 or even lighting returns

6 minutes ago, DeathSquidGames said:

I guess I believe that having a clean slate would make me feel better, but again maybe not.

The problem with this is that it's most likely just a matter of time until you have to reach out to support on your new account again. You should try to think less about any of this, it may be difficult but you don't have to be afraid of anything, these people most likely want to keep their jobs so it's highly unlikely they're going to fuck with your account, furthermore they probably don't even remember you calling in the first place.

I don't think creating a new account to wipe your slate clean with support is going to help you. If anything it'll make it worse because what happens when you need to contact support again? You're are going to have anxiety issues about having the record of the contact before you've actually made it, of spoiling your brand new account with it. Is that going to stop you calling support? Whatever the reason for calling them wouldn't get resolved then.

It doesn't help I know but I really don't think you need to worry about supports records of your interactions, i doubt anything they have on any of us means anything ?‍♂️ what will help is continuing with the help you are seeking and dealing with the base issue of anxiety. Good luck ? 

@KANERKB Oh, no I know the games, progress, saves, purchases, etc is tied to my current ID. I know that they wouldn't be able to be moved. I was currently in the process of cleaning out the backlog, then just doing games I enjoyed.

@xDerErnst You are 100% right. I know they don't care, and already forget the case as soon as it leaves their screen ( I mean I do when a chat ends). 

@DaivRules I just wanted to say thanks for always being so helpful. You are incredibly patient with me in every message and post. Thanks for you input!

@PermaFox Oh! Honestly that makes me feel better. Do you mind me asking why (like a general topic of the calls)

8 minutes ago, Cleggworth said:

It doesn't help I know but I really don't think you need to worry about supports records of your interactions, i doubt anything they have on any of us means anything ?‍♂️ what will help is continuing with the help you are seeking and dealing with the base issue of anxiety. Good luck ? 

No, this helps more than you think. I have decided to not do anything crazy like starting over until I can really address my anxiety and panic attacks. Thank you for your kind words!

@Everyone Thank you as well for your kind words and help. I am sorry for this post was confusing and.. I guess a bit ridiculous. 

@DeathSquidGames  I contacted them because I couldn't connect with PSN (DNS issue), Game DLC issues, Game purchase issues. They contacted me about messages sent to me and others from third party sellers, my purchases from Sony Direct, account issues.  They are always friendly and take their time researching the problems.  Don't get anxious about this - they are there to help us.  Keep your account!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PermaFox said:

@DeathSquidGames  I contacted them because I couldn't connect with PSN (DNS issue), Game DLC issues, Game purchase issues. They contacted me about messages sent to me and others from third party sellers, my purchases from Sony Direct, account issues.  They are always friendly and take their time researching the problems.  Don't get anxious about this - they are there to help us.  Keep your account!

Oh, I see. I will try not be worried or anxious about it. Def will not make any big decisions till I have fully addressed my anxiety.

Thanks for your help! You don't know how much I appreciate it <3 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Support is almost completely worthless.

You're basically talking to a bunch of monkeys who know barely anything on how to do their job and they are told to read off of a script. So good luck in getting them to do anything good for you.

Oh, it wasn't really about the quality of support rather than the number of times they were contacted.

That said, 3 out of the 5 times they were helpful. The other 2 sounded like they had their hands tied and didn't really have more information than I already had.

42 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Support is almost completely worthless.

You're basically talking to a bunch of monkeys who know barely anything on how to do their job and they are told to read off of a script. So good luck in getting them to do anything good for you.

Gotta disagree. My account was hijacked once and support helped me get him back in about 5 minutes.  they also helped me turning off my old broken consoles primary status multiple times. Sonys support is probably the only one in my life that didn't make me feel like an idiot.

5 hours ago, DeathSquidGames said:

Oh, it wasn't really about the quality of support rather than the number of times they were contacted.

That said, 3 out of the 5 times they were helpful. The other 2 sounded like they had their hands tied and didn't really have more information than I already had.

Then I can assure you that you have absolutely nothing to worry about.  I worked for XBL support for years and 5 times contacting support is nothing.  There was one guy who contacted us every day regarding an issue with a game not working on his console.  He'd been doing this for over a year at the time I got him.  He contacted us so much that he was very well known and nearly everyone who worked for XBL support had spoken to him at some point except for the new people.  Nothing could top the sheer mass of notes that account had or the level of how memorable that was since last time I worked for XBL support was over 5 years ago.  Also keep in mind that no matter what negative thing a support rep thinks about a customer, they aren't going to express that openly to the customer because they would be risking their continued employment by doing so.  I couldn't even call out the obvious scammers and say I knew they were attempting to scam me.

Also doesn't even begin to compare to the people who agent shopped because they actually thought someone would eventually agree to their request that was against policy, not even accessible to any reps, or a known scam.  Some of those would contact support multiple times a day.  People asking general questions or who need legit help and are nice to the rep tend to not be very memorable and reps usually only look at previous cases if the customer is calling about an issue that is the same or similar to try and find out what was tried in the past and if we may need to be escalating their request.  The memorable stuff is the extremely rude people, the crazy issues, the crazy customers, and the creative pranks.

I have contacted Sony Support only once and it was related to connection issues with my internet provider and PlayStation network. I had to call IPS, then to Sony multiple times, and each had to explain the whole bag of the problem to each operator, even though had an opened ticket. My guess a lot of people get frustrated that day, and I have changed IP back than, because no one been able to help. I would say, that you shouldn't be worried about speak off your problems with services, because it is only was to solve them for you and others. So keep calling, nothing wrong to clear something out even if it is mundane, the worse is to have problems:).