Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 trophy thoughts

MidnightDragon

Almost 100% sure this is the exact same list as the first game except they changed the plat name. There were extra levels to make the 100% in adventure more manageable. Without that, might be a bit trickier this time around. Still, I was able to 3 star almost all the levels with no issue in the first game. So three MP are winning 1 and 10 matches in Puzzle League and 1 in Free Play. Hopefully not too hard to boost.

Still, why the 100,000 Puyo trophy again?! Grr...

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 2

If things are the same, then the game mode that I used to grind the 100,000 puyo pop trophy (think it was mini tetris/puyo) along with rubberbanding my controller should have the same effect of waiting couple of hours to reach 100,000.

Of course it's the exact same list... cause it's exact the same game :( 

I really don't understand why release a second game. They made simple adjustments from the previous, didn't add nothing "really" new that a patch wouldn't update. Only difference is a new story and voice actors... which were pointless in the first game imo (the only negative thing about the game, actually), so it's not worthy buying the "sequel" because of the story and nothing else :( 

36 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

Of course it's the exact same list... cause it's exact the same game :( 

I really don't understand why release a second game. They made simple adjustments from the previous, didn't add nothing "really" new that a patch wouldn't update. Only difference is a new story and voice actors... which were pointless in the first game imo (the only negative thing about the game, actually), so it's not worthy buying the "sequel" because of the story and nothing else :( 

It's a new story with new writing, voice work, and improvements, a new game mode that if it works as described will be really unique and have a lot of replayability, an improved online with new features, new characters, new music, and more for forty bucks. That's hardly what I'd consider a "same game" and is well worth the price of admission.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SeedersPhD said:

It's a new story with new writing, voice work, and improvements, a new game mode that if it works as described will be really unique and have a lot of replayability, an improved online with new features, new characters, new music, and more for forty bucks. That's hardly what I'd consider a "same game" and is well worth the price of admission.

That's the game for you then :) 

The only difference from the OG you mentioned is the addition of 1 SINGLE game mode (apart from the story, which again, doesn't impact on gameplay). Everything else are improvements, not content. That's why the trophy list is exactly the same, because nothing changed. Ok, they added a new game mode to the game - change the trophy description from 5 to 6 :o

It's like buying Mortal Kombat 11, then rebuying Ultimate Edition with new characters and new storyline. This is the same thing, instead calling it "PuyoPuyo Tetris: Definitive Edition" with all the rework, they decided to call it a sequel.

What if we don't consider that mode fun or interesting? I enjoyed some modes more than others in the OG, what if this new "unique" mode is one for the bottom list? We're paying 40 bucks for a game mode, essentialy, otherwise you'd stick with the first one you already paid 40 bucks before.

But considering thousands of people pay for a recycling FIFA every year at full price, I couldn't expect less people would grab this one as well.

I probably will get this since I love both Puyo Puyo and Tetris.

I ended up buying most of the versions for the old 1st one, the first game on PS3 and played it for quite a while with my wife and then got the Vita version so I could play it on the go.

Then much later I got it on PS4 after finally getting around to owning a PS4, because I had two wireless controllers instead of just one for PS3 I decided to get the PS4 version, plus I could retire the game from my PS3 for good.

Then a year after that, the only disk game I had was PS4 Puyo Tetris and it was a pain to always have the disk in. Anyway, a suddenly western release of it on PS4 so I bought the digital version. Ended up having 4 stacks of the game...

Worse of all, we hate the English voice overs for the characters so ended up sticking with the BluRay Japanese version on PS4 ?

On 12/2/2020 at 10:10 PM, enaysoft said:

5 hours of grinding Puyo Fever mode to get the remaining 80000 puyo clears to 100000 then again I guess...

I think this is only if you're really good at the game.  If you're mediocre or average, I think you'll be close to 100000 when you finish the other trophies.  That's the case for me anyway...beating 15 opponents on one challenge is really tough.

On 12/3/2020 at 6:03 AM, enaysoft said:

the only disk game I had was PS4 Puyo Tetris and it was a pain to always have the disk in.

I'm trying to figure out how this is a pain.  Not like you're always swapping disks...

2 hours ago, Bobblehead_Dahl said:

I think this is only if you're really good at the game.  If you're mediocre or average, I think you'll be close to 100000 when you finish the other trophies.  That's the case for me anyway...beating 15 opponents on one challenge is really tough.

I'm trying to figure out how this is a pain.  Not like you're always swapping disks...

After completing story mode and all challenges I usually have about 20000, but yeah I usually get 3 stars on my first time on every stage. PS3 was the easiest because you can play Fever mode on 4 player and all 4 players clearing Puyo counts to the total. BTW easiest way to win 15 opponents, just play Tetris Fever. You don't need to be super fast although you should play quick, just don't make a mistake, that is the most important part. CPU will always make at least one. It's quite easy to  get 15 opponents this way.

It is a pain because I play it a lot with my wife and often I have another disk game on the go and I have to eject the disk each time I switch games. Which is usually everyday, also why bother wasting the lens on a puzzle game? I did that a lot with my very first PS3, I played DVDs on it from the store. A lot and as such the drive broke/got worn away?

So now I tend to get all games digital if I can.

On 12/4/2020 at 3:28 AM, DesmaBR said:

Maaan, getting 100% on story is gonna be tough without dlc stories.

Actually, after playing through the Adventure Mode, they have a lot of side-stages that revolves around certain arcade modes which you can use to get the 100% completion before even seeing the ending. Getting three stars in all of them before the trophy popped up, I got the trophy around 6-1 of the Adventure mode. There is also an additional 4th star that you can try to get which appears after you 3 star all the stages in a zone.

• Like 2

Just now, Piro said:

Actually, after playing through the Adventure Mode, they have a lot of side-stages that revolves around certain arcade modes which you can use to get the 100% completion before even seeing the ending. Getting three stars in all of them before the trophy popped up, I got the trophy around 6-1 of the Adventure mode. There is also an additional 4th star that you can try to get which appears after you 3 star all the stages in a zone.

That's nice. They'll also be releasing more stuff for the single player as free dlc, so hope that'll count too