Returnal (April 30, 2021)

Ghost

This looks really cool. Unfortunately I won't be able to get it for some time because scalpers are still ruining us having nice things, really thought they'd have given up by now but they're more tenacious and greedy than I figured. Ah well, lots of great games to look forward to, eventually.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update from Housemarque:

Returnal has finally gone GOLD!!!

A huge thanks to everyone on the team at Housemarque, PlayStation Studios, and all the other teams involved. We can't wait to have this out soon and for every player out there to experience the planet of Atropos!

Twitter Housemarque

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 2

"We discuss with the Narrative Director, Gregory Louden, the storytelling in Returnal and the driving forces behind Selene's story."

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

Exophase has the Returnal trophy list up. I know once it is on here we will get the trophy discussion thread. Here is a sneak peak.

Returnal Trophies - PS5 - Exophase.com

The games looks good, but I haven't been quite sold on it. Maybe I will get it eventually.

Thanks, looks simple and fun. 

If reviews are good, I'll buy on release and if not, I'll buy Demon's Souls Re instead. 

• Like 3

Rumor - Returnal Will Support Ray Tracing and 60 Frames Per Second at 4K Resolution ☺️

https://in.ign.com/returnal/157772/news/returnal-ps5-ray-tracing-60fps-4k-resolution-frame-rate

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

lol a tweet from someone looking at a trailer being used for news.

Lol Yeah, I found that strange. I'll change it to rumor, my mistake.

Hopefully it's true. Looking forward to the Digital Foundry analysis on this.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Lol Yeah, I found that strange. I'll change it to rumor, my mistake.

Hopefully it's true. Looking forward to the Digital Foundry analysis on this.

I am not super doubtful. There was a time when people were also saying Demon's Souls was 4K, 60fps, with ray tracing. 
I am fine with 60fps and dynamic 4k. Anything more will just be icing on the cake.

Edited by TJ_Solo
  • Like 2

From Press-Start -

"Returnal runs at 4K/60 FPS on the PS5, and it’s obviously hard to capture just how good it looks with YouTube compression, but hopefully the video below conveys it."

"After a few hours with Returnal, I can’t stop thinking about it. The story has me intrigued, the game is absolutely gorgeous and I’m really addicted to the combat. The game has done really well in capturing what has made roguelikes great over the last few years and taking it to the next level. Whether it’ll hold up for the long-haul is yet to be seen, but so far, so good."

We played the first few hours of Returnal and it's addictive as hell

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, related_browser1 said:

it is all shills u will be really disappointed returnal will be another days gone situation

Why do you say it is all shills. I didn't have Days Gone on launch. It was a couple weeks or so after and only had minor issues with it. The issues were known with Days Gone at launch. So far I haven't heard any issues with Returnal from those that have it early.

4 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

Why do you say it is all shills. I didn't have Days Gone on launch. It was a couple weeks or so after and only had minor issues with it. The issues were known with Days Gone at launch. So far I haven't heard any issues with Returnal from those that have it early.

why would u hear anything negative the ppl who have the game rn are in bed with snoy

4 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

the game is nothing but a glorified xbox live arcade game disguised as a hilary Clinton space simulator