Report Bugging Gigs

ARIXANDRE

I’ve had the gig Getting Warmer in Japantown bug out. The mission doesn’t actually start. I go to the location and it remains as Undiscovered, even when I find the woman I’m meant to give coolant to and wake up. Very frustrating and a Plat blocker.. reloading older saves didn’t help either. 

• Like 2

On 12/13/2020 at 5:47 PM, soziaLSturmi said:

For me it was one in Japantown where I had to go inside a building I guess? But somehow nothing happens, went on the roof killed the enemies, no key nothing. The doors just won't open for some reason I just cant get inside.

Did you find a fix? I this is the only thing left in Japantown for me and im certain its bugged...

8 hours ago, iGoBangCrashBoom said:

Did you find a fix? I this is the only thing left in Japantown for me and im certain its bugged...

Unfortunately not man... same here last one on the list but still nothing for me when I go there. Enemies still dead no respawns or calls nothing. Every door locked, gets on my nerves so badly!

• Like 1

On 12/14/2020 at 4:16 AM, Pirelli913 said:

Regarding glitched/bugged gigs not completing, I think I've found a temporary solution. And I say temporary as I hope CDPR patches this ASAP:

Wait to have at least two gigs in an area/district.

Go to GIG A  and manual save, then complete it like normal.

1) If Regina calls and says job done, go to GIG B and manual save, then complete it like normal. Upon completing it, it'll most likely glitch out and you'll have to do 2 below:

2) If Regina calls and says she has a job for you, i.e. the same job you just completed, load the save and head to GIG B first, manual save and complete it like normal.

Chances are you'll be doing option 2 more than option 1.

After you complete GIG B, Regina will most likely call and say she has a job for you (GIG A) which keeps GIG A open while simultaneously completing GIG B.

Head to GIG A, manual save, then complete it like normal.

This SHOULD complete both gigs. At least it has been for me until CDPR patches it.

I found another solution that works better than my above one and doesn't require you to reload if it glitches, at least it hasn't for me:

Unfortunately, this is more for a tedious completionist like myself.

So I restarted my character and am still in lockdown in Watson. Instead of doing any many story missions, I've just been going around clearing the map of markers.

Whenever, I encounter a gig, I save and then do it and upon completion of it, Regina calls and says job done.

As long as I just have one gig active at a time, I guess it completes like normal.

It's funny how many people are complaining about bugged out quests withholding them from their platinum trophy, but when you look at their trophy pages, they have the platinum, and usually the same day they posted their message. Could always edit your post to provide info on how you got past it. *shrug*

Anyways, my turn to complain. It would seem that all Epistrophy missions are bugged for me. Whenever I approach a Delamain cab, I receive a call from Delamain that I cannot answer. Once I track down the cab, I can scan it but nothing happens.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

It's funny how many people are complaining about bugged out quests withholding them from their platinum trophy, but when you look at their trophy pages, they have the platinum, and usually the same day they posted their message. Could always edit your post to provide info on how you got past it. *shrug*

Anyways, my turn to complain. It would seem that all Epistrophy missions are bugged for me. Whenever I approach a Delamain cab, I receive a call from Delamain that I cannot answer. Once I track down the cab, I can scan it but nothing happens.

There's no trophy for those quests if that's what you're worried about. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk

Only thing holding me apart from the plat is the one gig in Japantown called "SOS merc needed"... reloaded my first save file still was bugged. I really don't wanna start a new game and play hours and hours till I come to Japantown and worst case still run into this bug. But also I don't believe that a fix would help me here really.

Game breaking bug for me atm on the ps5 i have finished the game with the arasaka space ending and when i go through it all and get to the credits where it says "do another gig" i select yes and it send me back to the menu and when you click continue it just loops back to the ending of the credits  infinite credit loops and no old saves :(

40 minutes ago, FourForGlenCoco1 said:

Game breaking bug for me atm on the ps5 i have finished the game with the arasaka space ending and when i go through it all and get to the credits where it says "do another gig" i select yes and it send me back to the menu and when you click continue it just loops back to the ending of the credits  infinite credit loops and no old saves :(

It happened to me back on 1.04 I think that the options "one more gig" or "exit" or however they are called have button icons on the side for example One more gig is :square: and exit is :circle: you can click them immediately or just move the cursor and click :cross: to choose - but - sometimes they would misread it and just close. It happened to me in the menus and when disassembling items where I kept quitting out instead of confirming when moving the cursor rather than the shown button prompt. Try the shown button prompt on One more gig rather than manually moving and clicking on it.

Got plat. Reporting:

• no trophy breaking gigs, at least none that simple reload and/or mixing order wouldn't fix (i thing they fixed most notorious buggy gigs in 1.05)
  • used official interactive map to track ncpd hustles - there is more points of interest on it than in game: five or so Assaults in Progress and one Reported Crime: Death from Above that i never found but trophies registered. cleared everything fairly early, around 30h mark, only one new criminal activity unlocked after some gig in watson. no issues here
  • beware of this trophy breaking bug - happened to me with Wakako, some people had it with Regina also - fixer being behind with calls that start/end the gig

It should work like this: you have undiscovered gig. When you approach it, fixer calls you and sends details in text. You finish the gig (now or later), fixer calls again saying "contract closed, closing the gig, etc.". You get the money instantly or have to pick it up from drop point. That should be ideal "counted into trophy" gig completion.

When i got to clean up i was one call behind in the district (8 Wakako gigs). Meaning i had 4 gigs discovered but received only 3 opening calls judging from texts with details. Now doing any gig in that region was getting me calls about not the one i was currently doing. No matter what, i was ending up with 7/8 Wakako's gigs done with confirmation and 8th, which i could complete in my journal, was no getting any fixer calls thus locking me out of trophy i believe.

Many tries, browsing the internet. Currently no solution it seems for Wakako, Regina had some results. In the end reloaded save from ~20th hour of my gameplay and did entire district from scratch. Something had to glitch way back because i was leaving a save every 5h and this was earliest i could go back to redo from 60h that i am now.

Edited by oobidob

This game is a waste of time I wonder when my patience will end one day and just drop it to move on...same thing happened in freedom gig it says leave the area but never show completed.
Now 1h trying with no luck and game keep crashing for no reason this really sucks I don’t know what to do about this ?

Also it’s the second game in my entire life that I preorder after RES3 remake I’m pretty disappointed I feel like I gave it far too many chances...maybe it will get better with future updates.

Edited by FearlessElle
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, FearlessElle said:

This game is a waste of time I wonder when my patience will end one day and just drop it to move on...same thing happened in freedom gig it says leave the area but never show completed.
Now 1h trying with no luck and game keep crashing for no reason this really sucks I don’t know what to do about this 1f625.png

Also it’s the second game in my entire life that I preorder after RES3 remake I’m pretty disappointed I feel like I gave it far too many chances...maybe it will get better with future updates.

Thats why I completed everything besides the Little Tokyo trophy because the last gig bugs and I don't want to start a new game only for that district. Dropped it for now and I hope they can fix it later on. My earliest safe file is also bugged so I wonder if any fixes will help or I have to start a new game no matter what...

8 minutes ago, soziaLSturmi said:

Thats why I completed everything besides the Little Tokyo trophy because the last gig bugs and I don't want to start a new game only for that district. Dropped it for now and I hope they can fix it later on. My earliest safe file is also bugged so I wonder if any fixes will help or I have to start a new game no matter what...

I reloaded a save before the gig so I can give it a try another time and do some other activities instead but thanks for pointing out Tokyo mission is bugged aswell.

Okay the only thing to know now is that my freedom of press gig is bugged forever!! It says leave the area and got stuck there...I reloaded an earlier save way back so I played and finished with no prob but in this save it’s scripted to not be completed what do about this tbh? This really sucks I wasted so much time on nothing...

Edited by FearlessElle

For me, a lot of NCPD and gigs have glitched a long the way of cleaning districts.

So far, I've finished Watson, Westbrook, Badlands and Santo Domingo and managed to get all trophies from them. Many times gigs bugged out by not completing, lagging or objectives not updating. As soon as I felt something was wrong, I reloaded an autosave and made sure to complete everything properly..

Well I have given in and just started a new game, my issue was with the gig called 'Getting Warmer' in Westbrook not activating when approaching its location. This was reported fixed in 1.05 and I tried again after 1.06, so it probably doesn't fix the issue for existing game saves where it was already bugged. It was the very last thing to do for platinum, and the only activity left on the whole map!

Starting again took just under 10hrs to get level up to 35 street cred (to unlock the last gig in the borough, also requires 'Ghost Town' gig completed) with enough character levels to be powerful enough to take out the enemies.

Just goes to show that if you can wait long enough (probably 3 months or more from now) you'll have a much better experience and less game breaking bugs. Will definitely check out the PS5 version when its available as I actually enjoyed the game, and played nothing else since it was released.

On 12/18/2020 at 4:46 AM, Pirelli913 said:

I found another solution that works better than my above one and doesn't require you to reload if it glitches, at least it hasn't for me:

Unfortunately, this is more for a tedious completionist like myself.

So I restarted my character and am still in lockdown in Watson. Instead of doing any many story missions, I've just been going around clearing the map of markers.

Whenever, I encounter a gig, I save and then do it and upon completion of it, Regina calls and says job done.

As long as I just have one gig active at a time, I guess it completes like normal.

Im thinking trying to do this exactly the way but did you unlock the trophy afterwards?

Edited by IdamGoma