Cyberpunk 2077 is FREAKIN' AWESOME....(on Stadia)

wiesbadenIIX

Yeah, it's blurry, an eyesore, and filled with bugs on the base model PS4. 

But just on a whim, I decided to buy it on Stadia last week.  I am NOT a tablet/smartphone/PC gamer.  I purchased Cyberpunk on the Google store just out of sheer curiosity to see how it would look on my Macbook.   It was my first time ever buying a Stadia game, and had zero intention of actually playing this thing on my laptop.  

Then the next day, Google emails me telling me they are sending me a free Google Stadia (controller + Chromecast Ultra).  I received it on Saturday, hooked everything up to my TV, and my goodness.

Cyberpunk runs perfect.  Looks amazing (on my 1080p Sharp TV).  Runs amazing (via ethernet cable on my regular $39.99 a month internet connection).  The Stadia controller feels nice and solid (it is not a "cheap" controller in any way, shape, or form).

Virtually none of the bugs I encountered on my base model PS4 exist on Stadia.   I've been playing it for about 10 hours so far, and it is my favorite RPG since Skyrim / FO4.  

A friend of my saying the same thing, and he was mocking saying that the framerate on  PS4. I guess the joke is that you can even use Stadia on a smartphone with a blu tooth controller attached to it. So he was getting a smoother framerate Vita style on his phone than most people are getting on console.

4 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

A friend of my saying the same thing, and he was mocking saying that the framerate on  PS4. I guess the joke is that you can even use Stadia on a smartphone with a blu tooth controller attached to it. So he was getting a smoother framerate Vita style on his phone than most people are getting on console.

Yup.  Smooth as butter on my TV.   The Stadia version of the game has 2 options:  "Framerate" or "Visuals" prioritization.  I chose framerate.  And the visuals/details still look stunning.  

Keep in mind that my "best gaming experience" has always been the base PS4 model, so that is my basis of comparison.  

So the smoothness and graphical fidelity/resolution of Stadia is blowing me away.  Stadia is officially my first "second console"

Just now, Sikutai said:

Reported! Haha.

Hehe.  So far, the only "glitch" I encountered was an NPC shaking on the floor like crazy the first time I encountered one of those tarot graffiti things on the wall (outside the diner in the alleyway...when Johnny Silverhand points it out to you; about 5 hours into the game)

But I'm not even exactly 100% sure it's a glitch.   Maybe the NPC was meant to be "possessed" by the tarot thing.    

Either than that, no glitches so far.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nolanexpress08 said:

Wow, that's a shocker, I am just going to wait until the official PS5 version comes out to get it.

That was my entire rationale in checking out the game on a cloud service first.   To see if the game was even good in its "optimal" state.  

I am still anticipating the Ps5 version (if I ever manage to snag one), and that version will be my "real" playthrough.

Which is why I never bothered asking for a refund on the PSN store.

A friend of my was saying the same thing, until he got later in the game (15-20 hours) when more bugs and such started to pop up. Plus Stadia likes to crash every so often and controller desyncs.

At this point it really is just the fact that the game was rushed out the door by management.  

Edited by Wavergray
  • Like 1

I'm liking it on PC. I had bought it a bit after launch, but held off on playing it until the recent 1.06 update.

As for the PS version, I'll wait until it gets the PS5 upgrade. I don't presently have a PS5, but I have no plans to support those scalpers charging $1000-1500 for it. I'll wait until I can get PS5 at the proper price.

• Like 2

I feel like Stadia, assuming you have the internet connection capable of using it smoothly, would be really fun and interesting for the odd game or two... especially like Cyberpunk where the performance difference is so drastic between consoles and PC for now... but the platform as a whole would be disappointing if it were your main thing.  Between the connection issues when your internet, no matter how fast, has its spotty moments, and the general lack of games in its library.

But to buy/download Cyberpunk on a one off, it's probably pretty impressive.  I could see myself trying it out someday.

Edited by Dreakon13

On 26.12.2020 at 6:28 AM, RadiantFlamberge said:

I'm liking it on PC. I had bought it a bit after launch, but held off on playing it until the recent 1.06 update.

I did the same thing, bought the game on launch day but didn't start playing it until patch 1.06. I had a hunch the game might be lacking on last-gen consoles (though I never suspected it to be as bad as it turned out) so early on I decided to get it on PC. So far I'm about 20 hours into the game and I'm loving it, the only glitches I've had so far have been graphical ones which don't really bother me that much. The game also gave me a good reason to finally upgrade my PC and while I had to settle for an RTX 3070 instead of an RTX 3080 or Radeon 6800XT as I had originally planned, the game still looks and plays great using the Digital Foundry recommended settings at 1440p ultrawide.

I'll probably get the game on PS5 too at some point but so far I'm definitely enjoying it on PC.

Edited by Janire1911