Rockstar Announces New DLC Details

Goro

Grand Theft Auto Online will receive its first add-on content update, the Beach Bum Pack, next month, it has announced today.

In addition there are also updates on the Stimulus Pack and more. Check out the details below.

THE GTA$ STIMULUS PACKAGE

We know many of you are anxiously waiting for us to show you the GTA$ Stimulus Package money we announced a couple weeks back. As mentioned in that post, we of course want to ensure that game progress loss issues are sufficiently sorted before distributing the GTA$ to everyone. We have a few more tweaks and fixes to make in a new title update that will hit sometime next week and then we will distribute the cash.

THE BEACH BUM PACK

Coming in early November will be the first add-on content update, the Beach Bum Pack which will bring all-new beach themed vehicles and new weaponry that you’ll be able to use in both GTA Online and Story Mode. Plus new customization options for your GTA Online character including new tats, hairstyles and more. We’ll also be adding lots of brand new action-packed Jobs to play with Gang Attacks, Survivals, Last Team Standings, Parachutes, Deathmatches and Races that will have you bloodying up the waters and coastlines of the finest beach resorts across Los Santos and Blaine County.

THE CONTENT CREATOR

We are also working to bring you the debut of the first part of the GTA Online Content Creator this fall – giving players the ability to craft, publish, rate and play custom-made Deathmatch and Race Jobs. We’ll be keeping our eye open for exceptional ones that we’ll be stamping as ‘Rockstar Verified’ and will be featuring them here at the Newswire and as part of forthcoming GTA Online Social Club Events. Both the Content Creator and the Beach Bum Pack are free.

SOCIAL CLUB EVENT WEEKENDS

Starting in November will be the first Grand Theft Auto Online Social Club Event weekends which will bring special rewards and bonuses ranging from limited-edition in-game Event Crate Drops to in-game discount specials and even a special new GTA Online live-stream show hosted by Rockstar at the Social Club Events page and Rockstar Games Twitch page – plus prize pack giveaways of hard to find GTAV gear and more.

Source - http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51636/grand-theft-auto-online-update.html

Edited by Goro
  • Like 3

They've been saying next week on that GTA Stimulas Pack since the week they announced the bloody thing.

I know, I told my wife about it and she spread the news to all her GTA friends. Here they are a couple weeks later with no money and I look like an asshole who made the whole thing up.

that's their problem. instead of polling their resources and fixing da problem @ hand, they branching off getting everybody all giddy like school girls announcing dlcs and packs. then We all like ok, give them a break. fix da damn problem. ya made over $800 million, what, da first week?..

that's their problem. instead of polling their resources and fixing da problem @ hand, they branching off getting everybody all giddy like school girls announcing dlcs and packs. then We all like ok, give them a break. fix da damn problem. ya made over $800 million, what, da first week?..

They've been working on the online issues since day 1 [4 patches already, with another on the way.] Everything they've listed here has been known about since before launch - all they've done is give us a timeframe of when to expect it.

• Like 1

good thing it's free, it's better anything than nothing, you would except Rockstar making us pay for DLC, but this is good, i know it's just little but still... and i can't wait to get those 500k so i can buy a new apartment :), but we will be getting that money in 2 parts (250k each time) so i won't be able to buy the best apartment yet

Giving things out is all well and good but I'm still waiting on R* to fix some of the issues that have been there since Day 1. Yes, I understand that Online and a bunch of bugs have been looked at since even before launch but after over a month of waiting on some things, I'm starting to give up on GTA.

First of all, where is my Android iFruit app? The wait on that is getting ridiculous and that should have been a Day 1 event. GTA Online was a bust from the start and I'm still not sure I want to create my first character on there when I can't be positive I won't loose it. And did they ever fix some annoying single player bugs like the car garages? Four patches later and all the progress I've seen online from other gamers is how it's improved slightly.

I understand they made a great and ambitious game, with an ever more ambitious MP part, and I also understand (more than many) the problems that can come from launching such a huge online mode game,yet even the most patient of gamers, those who can forgive and mostly forget, are getting frustrated. I've seen a lot of people say they're done with online. I'm starting to think that, while the main campaign was great, the online will be a huge bust. Didn't they have this problem before? :hmm:

Thanks anyway R*. Time to start putting out those good PR vibes because it's starting to get a bit dark....

It's all fine and dandy but for my two cents I'd rather see them fixing some of the interface issues for the online like letting non-hosting players votekick and mute people from the mission launch screens, having the mission voting auto-resolve once a majority have voted for the same mission, etc...etc...

I like the online but they really built an awful lot of waiting into it for no good reason...

They need to let us own multiple garages. 10 cars just isnt enough, especially if they are planning on frequently releasing new vehicles.

And I still dont get why we cant just have the $500k all at once. There is no economy, everything you buy comes from NPCS, you cant buy and sell between players. A thinly veiled attempt at pushing cash cards is what it is.

That's a very narrow way of viewing the economy, very narrow. Everyone would be going around with their Dominator muscle cars while they chill in their 400K apartments. Giving players an instant half a million over what they already have, makes everything way too easy to acquire. They do need a sense of progression, no?

good thing it's free, it's better anything than nothing, you would except Rockstar making us pay for DLC, but this is good, i know it's just little but still... and i can't wait to get those 500k so i can buy a new apartment :), but we will be getting that money in 2 parts (250k each time) so i won't be able to buy the best apartment yet

Why bother? All the premium apartments look the same, just with a different view.

Woo! Can't wait!

All I rly want though is the editor, and like a Hardcore Survival...

Ditto, making insane bicycle races once the editor comes out.

Edited by Mr_Hej

They need to let us own multiple garages. 10 cars just isnt enough, especially if they are planning on frequently releasing new vehicles.

And I still dont get why we cant just have the $500k all at once. There is no economy, everything you buy comes from NPCS, you cant buy and sell between players. A thinly veiled attempt at pushing cash cards is what it is.

I think you forgot about the stock market that'll be active soon. It's already going to be bad enough with all of the people who have tons of glitch money, giving every single person another $500K at once would just make things worse.

I know it seems like a really small thing for a lot of players, but I am really glad they are adding new clothes and hairstyles, the current selection is rubbish. Although they will probably still have the stupid rank restrictions on them. Cosmetic stuff should be instantly accessible in my opinion. 

Ditto on this! I was so annoyed when I went to purchase a new garage after buying an apartment, only for the game to say I could only own 1 property. Seems really stupid.

Haha I dont see them ever implementing the stock market online, would be too easy to make money on it. And really, 500k is peanuts, which a lot of people will realize when it gets distributed. It wont take very long to burn though it all.

Easy way to make money = no cash card sales. Rockstar absolutly will not allow that.

• 2 weeks later...