Question about Hitman 1 and 2

JinjonatorX

So I got Hitman 2 Gold Edition on sale, and have played a few missions of that. Saw that the first one was only $12, so I figured I might as well get that too. Except I'm looking at the trophy list for the first game and... did I just get the same game twice? Like did I not get anything new that Hitman 2 didn't already have? Is it a different story? Very confused right now. 

45 minutes ago, JinjonatorX said:

So I got Hitman 2 Gold Edition on sale, and have played a few missions of that. Saw that the first one was only $12, so I figured I might as well get that too. Except I'm looking at the trophy list for the first game and... did I just get the same game twice? Like did I not get anything new that Hitman 2 didn't already have? Is it a different story? Very confused right now. 

Yes and no. The entirety of Hitman was rebuilt in 2, so there's changes here and there, quality of life type stuff but its marginal. The missions are identical and the trophies are identical. Its the same game for all intents and purposes. Plus Hitman 2 obviously

Your purchase wasn't a waste however as the Hitman 1 maps are not part of the gold edition of Hitman 2. They are marked as Legacy maps which requires a separate purchase OR importantly for you, ownership of Hitman. To redeem them load up Hitman 1 and redeem the legacy content from within the main menu and then you can download the maps for 2. 

When it comes to actually playing them, play Hitman 2 starting with the legacy maps first so thats Hitman 1 then play the Hitman 2 maps. You only need to play the actual Hitman 1 game if you fancy doubling up on the trophies.

I'm not surprised you were confused though they really didn't do a great job of explaining all this.

Also, Hitman 3 is releasing soon and both Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 are in that again so I expect it to be just as complicated there ?‍♂️ 

• Like 2

Hitman 1 has certain episodes

Hitman 2 has Hitman 1 episodes + hitman 2 episodes

and Hitman 3 will continue this thing

Think the trilogy as a tv-series

About trophies: in Hitman 2 you have to repeat hitman 1 episodes to get the same Hitman 1 trophies again

40 minutes ago, black__bunny said:

I've tried to understand this from the multiple threads but still find myself confused... Why do they put the previous games in the sequels?

Because it’s one long-ass game called World Of Assassination with seasons like a TV show. Or Kill Bill. Where they released the first movie as standalone. Then the second one. You can buy them separately or in a package. Guessing they do that so people who didn’t play 1 or 2 can catch up with the story. 

I know it’s confusing as hell. Hope IO stops this bullshit with their new Bond game. 

Edited by Cynicgods
Extra information.

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Nesaia_ said:

The only way to play the Legacy Levels is to install and start Hitman 1? (I got the free PS+ Version and didn't play it yet)

So I have to get Hitman 1 trophies twice? This would be really annoying.

Yes, if you want all the trophies in Hitman 1 and Hitman 2, you will have the play all of Hitman 1 twice (once in Hitman 1 and again in Hitman 2).

Annoying depends on your POV.  I love Hitman, and sank about 100 hours into Hitman 1 and over 350 hours into Hitman 2, so my opinion is quite slanted....?

• Like 2

Thanks for the quick anwser.

Well, I'm enjoying Hitman 2 a lot, so I'm definitely going to play Legacy :)

It's just... I also have many other games to play ?

1 minute ago, uduc2late said:

You bought the hitman 2 gold edition, so you got all hitman 2 levels, including the additional expansion, and if you bought hitman 1 then you have all those games too! ?

I know... the menu says I have to start Hitman 1 to get the levels, which I'd like to avoid.

Edited by Nesaia_

21 minutes ago, Nesaia_ said:

The only way to play the Legacy Levels is to install and start Hitman 1? (I got the free PS+ Version and didn't play it yet)

So I have to get Hitman 1 trophies twice? This would be really annoying.

In order for HITMAN 2 and 3 to register that you own HITMAN 1 is to boot it up and redeem the Legacy Pack in the in-game store. You don't have to play it if you don't want to, just redeem the Legacy Pack then delete the game and the trophy list (as long as you haven't earned a trophy, meaning it's at 0% progress, you can delete it from your profile).

• Like 2