Unachievable trophies

SuperZay

Quite an interesting thing you got going there but... I feel it drives ppl away from playing games that have unobtainable trophies...... I'll play a game even though some trophies are totally unobtainable... Overall... do trophies matter when you are having fun? (Sorry if I offended any trophy hunters or something....)  I mean not everyone can get the latest games and might resort to getting other games that are cheaper.... I mean we all have different financial backgrounds and not everyone is well informed on trophies and such... I guess this idea you suggested could help some but not all...

You're right, however it would be neat to have some sort of way to see a list of games/trophies, somewhere to get this kind of information, but it may also be too much trouble/work for Sly when there's probably other sources that list the same info anyway.

Also, another game is MotorStorm: Pacific Rift and I think MAG and SOCOM 4 will be shut off in a few months.

Edited by BlindMango

It's a great idea but honestly I could care less about getting all the trophies in every single game I have. If I like the game well enough I'll try and get every single trophy in the game. But even if the platinum is unachievable who cares as long as you're having fun with the game :). If you do care about earning every single trophy in every game you have and the trophies are unobtainable you could always hide the game from your trophy list. ;)

Edited by sonicace101
  • Like 1

Strong in theory, would be a good list to compile for people who are completionists.
Hopefully it wouldn't further cripple game communities with shut down servers and such.

I do think it would look strange to see people with a completed trophy, that is listed as unattainable though.  I'd even be a victim of that with all the Online NBA Jam trophies I have.

I think theres a list of unobtainable trophies over on ps3trophies.org

Edit : Heres the thread but its outdated.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/general-games-discussion/170749-unachievable-glitched-trophies.html

Here's the up to date list :) 

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/general-games-discussion/78965-unachievable-glitched-trophies.html

• Like 3

There are a few wierd ones now though like Army of Two: The 40th Day 'DIY PMC' trophy which is still possible to earn if you created a mask a while ago on thier site but haven't used it yet, but not possible to get if you didn't, since the mask creator site no longer exists. Also, the dlc for Zen Pinball 1 is no longer for sale on PSN, so those trophies are possible if you downloaded the dlc before it went offline, but not if you didn't buy it back then.

Not sure how these types of trophies (and therefore the platinum) would be treated?

This idea would completely screw the system up.

Servers may be down in EU but not US.

It might be a connection issue that caused the unachievable verdict ect. ect.

Nice system but don't think its really needed

True, but not only that, there are some weird people like me that can still get an "impossible" to achieve platinum... I can still plat MotorStorm Pacific Rift, since I did all online trophies before the server was closed (still need to beat the developer ghosts, but that can be done offline), so it would be odd for this list to show up as impossible for me, since I still can get the platinum..

Still would be a nice warning, same goes for the stupid Ad-Hoc trophies, there should be a warning (not on the list, but on the guides), but no one does that, and in the end both things are the same, since both are somewhat impossible (even if 1 is totally impossible and the other just impossible if you don't know anyone with a PSV close to you).

If you don't want to run into a impossible trophy, then it's simple, just do a little background search before buying/starting the game.. Said that, having a up-to-date thread listing all the games and why they are impossible, would be cool.. but apparently that already exists.. \/

I do think it would look strange to see people with a completed trophy, that is listed as unattainable though.  I'd even be a victim of that with all the Online NBA Jam trophies I have.

Unattainable trophies which were obtained earlier can have green border and timestamp like any other trophy. I have these myself, like online trophy in EA Sports Active 2. Large companies usually warn about servers closure in advance.

http://in.playstation.com/gameservers/

http://www.ea.com/1/service-updates

There are a few wierd ones now though like Army of Two: The 40th Day 'DIY PMC' trophy which is still possible to earn if you created a mask a while ago on thier site but haven't used it yet, but not possible to get if you didn't, since the mask creator site no longer exists. Also, the dlc for Zen Pinball 1 is no longer for sale on PSN, so those trophies are possible if you downloaded the dlc before it went offline, but not if you didn't buy it back then.

Not sure how these types of trophies (and therefore the platinum) would be treated?

Well fuck...there goes my chances of ever completing Zen Pinball to the fullest. :(

• 4 weeks later...

WWE '12. Seeisng as servers are closed, I will never get You've Got Fans trophy...If there was a way of hacking the trophy collecton? Any ideas and helps would be much appreciated

:facepalm: :facepalm:

Can't tell if serious.

Yes, there are ways to hack trophies. Almost everyone knows that. But it'll get you kicked off the leaderboard, and nobody will like you.

Bit ironic you were going to hack a trophy entitled "You've Got Fans", because you won't have any if you hack ;)

Websites that listed unattainable :platinum:

http://ps3trophies.com/forums/general-ps3-discussion/10909-games-now-unplatable.html

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/general-games-discussion/78965-unachievable-glitched-trophies.html

I like this idea. It would also make it easier to spot cheaters.

Edited by Dragon-Archon