G4Knight

Trophy thots?

14 posts in this topic

Release date?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m disappointed in the small number of trophies this has, but will pick this up to support the devs considering everything they’ve been through with their censorship debacle.  

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been looking forward to this one, would have been cool if the PS4 version also had a physical. Either way still gonna support the dev regardless.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen it around a few times before, what is it about?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Trini said:

I've seen it around a few times before, what is it about?


It’s sort of a mix between survival horror and adventure game with themes revolving around cyberpunk (obviously) and Chinese folklore.  The devs cite Fatal Frame and Clock Tower as inspiration.  The main character is an investigator that is tasked with exploring some ruins of an apartment complex in Neo Hong Kong.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, VitasVarnas said:


It’s sort of a mix between survival horror and adventure game with themes revolving around cyberpunk (obviously) and Chinese folklore.  The devs cite Fatal Frame and Clock Tower as inspiration.  The main character is an investigator that is tasked with exploring some ruins of an apartment complex in Neo Hong Kong.


Thanks! Now I actually want to check this game out.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, VitasVarnas said:


It’s sort of a mix between survival horror and adventure game with themes revolving around cyberpunk (obviously) and Chinese folklore.  The devs cite Fatal Frame and Clock Tower as inspiration.  The main character is an investigator that is tasked with exploring some ruins of an apartment complex in Neo Hong Kong.

 

That sounds really interesting from what you described. I saw some gameplay just now, not a huge fan of point and click games from what it appears like, but I think I might make an exception since I am somewhat fascinated with the horror elements and narrative. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted to initially correct the title, but I see what you did there xD 

Regardless, an ... interesting game. Point and click does interest me though.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would warn people to avoid this until it's confirmed it's okay. The gameplay is quite repetitive as is usually wig this genre. But it also has numerous bugs and random slowdowns (that can lead to crashes) that haven't been addressed in the PC version yet.

 

Plus my personal opinion but Top Hat is top tier trash and basically prefers to push out games for cash then even fix them properly in most cases. The only reason they have games to publish is because they cornered so many solo indie devs the last year for publishing rights.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VitasVarnas said:

I’m disappointed in the small number of trophies this has, but will pick this up to support the devs considering everything they’ve been through with their censorship debacle.  

Their marketing worked then! The 'freedom of speech' one. Very contemporary in marketing circles, and amongst politicians. :) 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A word of warning for anyone wanting the upcoming Vita version:

 

 

I don't know what the status is with the PS4 version but fingers crossed it's at least on a par with the upcoming 1.01 Switch version. I've got the Digital Switch version and it's a fun game but a little clunky in some places, mainly with the menus.

 

Personally, I don't have an issue with Top Hat Studios - because they have released some games I liked and had no real issues with (at least so far).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

I would warn people to avoid this until it's confirmed it's okay. The gameplay is quite repetitive as is usually wig this genre. But it also has numerous bugs and random slowdowns (that can lead to crashes) that haven't been addressed in the PC version yet.

 

Plus my personal opinion but Top Hat is top tier trash and basically prefers to push out games for cash then even fix them properly in most cases. The only reason they have games to publish is because they cornered so many solo indie devs the last year for publishing rights.

Beat steam version without single bug or crash.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.