EA's bringing back College Football

kidson2004

Those who were longing for this your long suffering is coming to an end!!! EA just announced they're bringing back the beloved College Football games. I'll update as more info comes out.

Here's a link for the info. Thanks @snakebit10 for the link!

https://www.cnet.com/news/ea-sports-is-bringing-back-a-college-football-video-game-ncaa-football/

Edited by kidson2004
  • Like 2

used to play all the madens and collge footballs..... got a lot of platinums from them... in fact i actually liked the college football better, going all the way back to PS1 games 

as soon as madden made online required for a platinum, and the MUT crap, i don't think i've bought or played an EA sports game.  

so in summary...... don't really care i guess 

I guess I can stop playing NCAA 06 on my PS2 whenever this comes out. I was reading some tweets where people were saying they're gonna make the jump to next gen just because of this game so they can stop playing on PS3 and 360. Crazy the power this franchise has.

This is great news.

It won’t be perfect as I imagine some major power conference teams will be left out (not licensed with CLC) but it is something.

I am hopeful someone will create rosters that will emulate what the teams have.  You know like a Trevor Lawrence clone for Clemson or Justin Fields for OSU - as it sounds like EA is staying away from releasing it like that.

I wonder how many years out this is?

Just hope they make some updates to the recruiting feature and make it more realistic...like bribing the kid's parents with a new car and/or house like Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Oklahoma & Ohio State. Oklahoma State should also have the option to send strippers when the kid visits. Take my money EA. 

16 hours ago, trojbrown40 said:

Just hope they make some updates to the recruiting feature and make it more realistic...like bribing the kid's parents with a new car and/or house like Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Oklahoma & Ohio State. Oklahoma State should also have the option to send strippers when the kid visits. Take my money EA. 

Don't forget my beloved Tennessee Vols handing kids McDonald's sacks filled with money!

But anyway, I really liked this series circa 2005. I played the 2010 version, though, and hated it. I have no faith that EA will bring back the 2005 iteration, so it's a pass for me.

• Like 1