Kill Your Completion 15

I have finally chosen my games for KYC XV.... I'm sorry @voodoo_eyes I'm really just a pain in the neck. RL is making gaming difficult.

So it goes as follows:

1. Mar 1st - 5th: Irony Curtain: From Matryoshka with Love
  2. Mar 6th - 10th: Mom Hid my Game!
  3. Mar 11th - 15th: Not a Hero
  4. Mar 16th - 20th: Detention
  5. Mar 21st - 25th: Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator
  6. Mar 26th - Mar 30th: Persona 5

My review of Irony Curtain will hopefully be up later today.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I have finally chosen my games for KYC XV.... I'm sorry @voodoo_eyes I'm really just a pain in the neck. RL is making gaming difficult.

So it goes as follows:

1. Mar 1st - 5th: Irony Curtain: From Matryoshka with Love
  2. Mar 6th - 10th: Mom Hid my Game!
  3. Mar 11th - 15th: Not a Hero
  4. Mar 16th - 20th: Detention
  5. Mar 21st - 25th: Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator
  6. Mar 26th - Mar 30th: Persona 5

My review of Irony Curtain will hopefully be up later today.

Updated the thread accordingly.

@PerryToxteth
What about The Sims 3 Pets or Nintendo Dogs for your daughter to play?

She could have any fur colored pup she wants in the Sims, & it has a surprising amount of quest like tasks for a dog or cat to complete. Plus there's always the added bonus of being able to customise the house any way you choose.

As for Nintendo Dogs (assuming your household has or still has a DS), I remember sinking endless hours into that game. I must have been about 11 or so, but I had to have every version released. Even though the only real difference was the breeds available. @Fenrirfeather's detailed review reminded me of it (& why I should play it for a relaxing chill game). Though nostalgia may be clouding my judgment when I say Nintendo Dogs has it beat.

Anyway, can't pass up making a case for a young gamer to experience games that were a fond part of my childhood. But you've probably already got these covered when you thought of new games for your kids to play.

• Like 3

@PerryToxteth

I'm a relatively new Switch owner, but check out Little Friends: Dogs & Cats. It looks to be in the same vein as the old Nintendo Dogs. I think getting a Switch will go over great with the kids. It surprises me just how easy it is to pass a joy con & drop in a couch co-op player. Just make sure to get a screen protector at the very least if it'll see more handheld use. The console can be awkward for smaller hands to hold, & even I get worried I'll drop it or accidentally clip it on something walking around. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Edunstar84 said:

Admittedly, I didn't get too far in the game. I passed the prologue, defeated the first boss, and then killed 100 sheep for a trophy. It was missable, so my spending so much of my time doing it will pay off in the end.

At least you'll have plenty of mutton to sell for a quest.  There's one to deliver 5 pieces of mutton and nets you more gold than selling them normally.  Gold is pretty scarce and you'll have to farm for it if you're going for the plat, so every little bit helps.  Definitely don't forget the trophy guide's tip to always check for materials when you see the shiny spots because it's not kidding about that grind for materials if you want the plat.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Together_Comic said:

I intend to also play chapter 1 before giving my final review as the promise that the game is similar to a Persona style game has not yet been delivered. I can definitely see the persona style here, at least the set up for it, but the social elements of the game are basically non-existent so far and is something that I really enjoy about the persona games, so I'm hoping to see that develop in chapter 1. Also while the Quartz system is interesting in its own right, the game hints in the pre-prologue (yes, that's a thing more on that in the final review) at a linking system that will link the characters together in battle.  I'm interested in seeing how that develops as well as hoping that the plot isn't as predictable as it seems to be.  Predictable plots aren't necessarily bad, but one that hammers the tropes will get old in a 50-60 hour playthrough and a required second playthrough.... 1f62b.png.

I'm going to give you a big hint to increase your enjoyment and the social aspect of the game: talk to all the NPCs every chance you can.  So your fellow students at Thors and the people around Trista.  It adds a lot of playtime, but taking that time really lets you dive into the sheer amount of detail put into the setting and makes it come alive far more.  Chapter 1 should open up the more Persona like aspects, the prologue is just an intro to the battle system and cast mostly.  Won't spoil anything else though, enjoy the ride and just be aware that it's a slow burn.  There are 4 games after all.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

I'm going to give you a big hint to increase your enjoyment and the social aspect of the game: talk to all the NPCs every chance you can.  So your fellow students at Thors and the people around Trista.  It adds a lot of playtime, but taking that time really lets you dive into the sheer amount of detail put into the setting and makes it come alive far more.  Chapter 1 should open up the more Persona like aspects, the prologue is just an intro to the battle system and cast mostly.  Won't spoil anything else though, enjoy the ride and just be aware that it's a slow burn.  There are 4 games after all.

Thanks for the advice.  Yeah I noticed on the trophy list that there is a trophy for bonding with at least all of the Class 7 folks, so I imagined that it hadn't been introduced yet.  I generally will always talk to the NPCs, as its how I enjoy games, but it's nice to know that there is some payoff for doing so in this one.  Is 4 the last one? or is there still a Trails 5 to wait on?

~TC

19 minutes ago, Together_Comic said:

Thanks for the advice.  Yeah I noticed on the trophy list that there is a trophy for bonding with at least all of the Class 7 folks, so I imagined that it hadn't been introduced yet.  I generally will always talk to the NPCs, as its how I enjoy games, but it's nice to know that there is some payoff for doing so in this one.  Is 4 the last one? or is there still a Trails 5 to wait on?

~TC

That's a bit complex because how the series works is that there are arcs covering individual areas.  Cold Steel 1 is actually the 6th game in the series we call Kiseki or Trails (Legend of Heroes itself has unrelated games before it), but it's the first in what is referred to as the Erebonia arc.  The series itself has an overarching plot, but each individual arc is mostly self-contained.  So there's 10 games in total right now, with the 11th coming later this year in Japan, but Erebonia's tale is completed with Cold Steel 4.  It's actually a pretty neat way of allowing for a massive ongoing plot, but giving easy spots in newer games for newbies to jump in and get in on the wild ride without thinking they need to play all these games to enjoy the shiny new game.

9 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

That's a bit complex because how the series works is that there are arcs covering individual areas.  Cold Steel 1 is actually the 6th game in the series we call Kiseki or Trails (Legend of Heroes itself has unrelated games before it), but it's the first in what is referred to as the Erebonia arc. 

I didn't know that...Guess these Kiseki games wouldn't be available in English, would they? I put over 100hrs into Cold Steel & enjoyed every minute of it. Thankfully, I bought 2, & plan to pick up 3-4. But I'd go for more from this world/series in a heartbeat.