Diablo 2 Resurrected

DrakeHellsing

On 9/18/2021 at 6:21 PM, VisibleBanana said:

Correct, but 500 bounties were required on the PS4 version of D3 for the Platinum and I wouldn't be surprised if they threw them into this version of D2 to keep people playing longer.

Diablo 2 is infinitely harder than the casual release of D3, you'd hope you had trophies like 500 bounties. They could easily make the trophies insanely hard if they wanted to because D2 is just a hard game, "acquire x rune" "defeat x bosses x times on hell difficulty" "kill 10000 bosses on nightmare or higher" things like that would make the plat only for bigger fans and not for ppl who delete a game when the plat unlocks. 

Regardless of trophies, arpg games are for making strong builds and doing all content, not trophies.

For the D2 vets, similar to how the D3 platinum goes from 70+ hrs to 6+ hrs if somebody sends you ALL the optimised gear for speedrunning straight for platinum....

Do you think if somebody was to trade with a newb in D2, all the optimised gear for speedrunning to platinum, could realistically, cover all the possible D2 content that platinum may entail in under 10hrs+

I know we don't know yet, but humour me please ;)

As a rough reference and an example, the optimal platinum gear in D3 can literally get ALL trophies but platinum in about 2-3 hours, the other 5 hrs are the 500 bounties

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

For the D2 vets, similar to how the D3 platinum goes from 70+ hrs to 6+ hrs if somebody sends you ALL the optimised gear for speedrunning straight for platinum....

Do you think if somebody was to trade with a newb in D2, all the optimised gear for speedrunning to platinum, could realistically, cover all the possible D2 content that platinum may entail in under 10hrs+

I know we don't know yet, but humour me please ;)

There are two potential ways to rush the game:

• Get someone to drop you high level gear, and play through Normal/Nightmare/Hell difficulty solo. This is doable, but still challenging as a lot of that high level gear has level restrictions.
  • Find a high level sorceress willing to boost you, and co-op your way through Normal/Nightmare/Hell. This is much much faster, as the levels aren't super random, and with the teleport spell and strategic portals you can skip most of the game and go straight to Act 3 or 5 in Hell, which are the best places for grinding endgame items.

Once you're in Hell difficulty, tag along with a grinding group who runs Mephisto and Baal, and you'll hit level 80+ in no time. That's more than enough skill points to finish almost any build, and with 20 years worth of experimenting, the "best" builds are pretty well established. I tended to play Zealot Paladin or Frost Sorceress, but frankly every class has a build that can solo bosses on the hardest difficulty.

The thing about D2 is that the endgame is entirely focused on grinding for better gear, to the point where you could sell high-level drops for actual real-life money. Finding someone to give away gear is going to be a challenge.

TLDR: With a good boosting partner, you could "finish" any given character in maybe 1-2 hours. Multiply that by 7 characters, and then add in a few more hours to go back and do all the content that you skipped by getting boosted, and you're looking at maybe 15-20 hours maximum. It'll probably be a lot less, as you only really need to finish your "main" character.

Edited by PhyrxianLibrarin

2 hours ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

There are two potential ways to rush the game:

• Get someone to drop you high level gear, and play through Normal/Nightmare/Hell difficulty solo. This is doable, but still challenging as a lot of that high level gear has level restrictions.
  • Find a high level sorceress willing to boost you, and co-op your way through Normal/Nightmare/Hell. This is much much faster, as the levels aren't super random, and with the teleport spell and strategic portals you can skip most of the game and go straight to Act 3 or 5 in Hell, which are the best places for grinding endgame items.

Once you're in Hell difficulty, tag along with a grinding group who runs Mephisto and Baal, and you'll hit level 80+ in no time. That's more than enough skill points to finish almost any build, and with 20 years worth of experimenting, the "best" builds are pretty well established. I tended to play Zealot Paladin or Frost Sorceress, but frankly every class has a build that can solo bosses on the hardest difficulty.

The thing about D2 is that the endgame is entirely focused on grinding for better gear, to the point where you could sell high-level drops for actual real-life money. Finding someone to give away gear is going to be a challenge.

TLDR: With a good boosting partner, you could "finish" any given character in maybe 1-2 hours. Multiply that by 7 characters, and then add in a few more hours to go back and do all the content that you skipped by getting boosted, and you're looking at maybe 15-20 hours maximum. It'll probably be a lot less, as you only really need to finish your "main" character.

No way to do it yaself then if somebody trades with you all the OP fast movement stuff right from level 1??

Diablo 3 we had Gem of Ease that we could remove level requirements on items couldn't we, nothing like that here or have they mentioned any new items, possible something similar to Gem of Ease as they are enhancing a few things.....??

On 9/18/2021 at 9:35 PM, Killbomb said:

I would bet on trophies for getting at least one character to 99, completing Hell mode, the Pandemonium Event and at least completing Normal on Hardcore. I'll be very surprised if they do go the easy route with this one. 

The ladder is only going to be 90days long

consoles players will likely never see level 99 unless youre playing single player

or youre one of those no-lifers who will play 24/7 around the clock

pc players on the other hand will have a better chance with lobbies and mouse and keyboard advantages

14 hours ago, Optinooby said:

No way to do it yaself then if somebody trades with you all the OP fast movement stuff right from level 1??

Diablo 3 we had Gem of Ease that we could remove level requirements on items couldn't we, nothing like that here or have they mentioned any new items, possible something similar to Gem of Ease as they are enhancing a few things.....??

In D3 cheated items were normal thing, so you were able to find random dudes just giving away not only powerful gear but even better with cheated stats, now in D2 this is (luckily) no more possible as items are not stored in local, editable save file but only server side. So cheater dude giving cheated stuff will be no more, you'll need a friend willing to borrow you really good stuff to be strong in hell mode, but no more godlike power with strange gems/weapons.

And to level up fast you'll need a "taxi" (high level player willing to do all the job for your low level char), you'll not be able to use too powerful gear due to level restriction (no gems to prevent this).

We need to see the actual trophy list to see how much grind will be involved, because maybe a friend will borrow his gear for an hour or so, but no way he'll give you an hardly self made enigma to grind 100+ hours. Sure, you can even consider the pay to win option (d2jsp) but I'm not a fan of it (the option to buy fg with real money, else if used to trade mf run stuff you find that's ok for me).

Edited by gafpiratehook

It’s too early to talk about trophies, we not only don’t know what the trophies’ll be, we also have no idea if they’re gonna introduce new items, change some mechanics etc that could change  things drastically.

Remember, original D3 and current Reaper of Souls are two different beasts.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh

25 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

It’s too early to talk about trophies, we not only don’t know what the trophies’ll be, we also have no idea if they’re gonna introduce new items, change some mechanics etc that could change  things drastically.

New items, gear, characters, acts WILL NOT be a thing, not on release and not in the forseeable future

anything new would completely change how the entire game is played, one new item could completely distrupt the balance of the game, i feel like im the only vet here who has played this back in the day and still visits it to this current day 20years later

its the old school d2 with a new set of lipstick on, period

you wont be able to speed rush this game (not without extensive help and/or already running through the game multiple times beforehand where you have gear muled in other characters ready to go)

items are restricted to player progression (character levels)

you can have all the best gear in the game given to u but you still cant use it until you reach said character level which can be in the high 60s+ by which time you are more than capable of progressing through the game organically yourself

Edited by Property_Damage
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

This is nonsense.

We already know of everything in this game except the graphics.. we already know the difficulty because the game has been there for years

1 hour ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Isn't it weird that the only way to try the original version of D3 is the PS3/360 version? Because they had to release a separate (and quickly abandoned, pust-launch support-wise) version for Reaper of Souls. Not that i really miss it anyway lol.

1 hour ago, Joepelus said:

This is nonsense.

We already know of everything in this game except the graphics.. we already know the difficulty because the game has been there for years

No such thing as nonsense, Activision Blizzard is a behemoth of a company, unlike 20 years ago, when there was no merger even. The monetary requirements it needs to stay afloat have changed, the playerbase mentality is also very different from 2 decades ago, Blizzard is in no condition of luxury to just cash in on the (tiny in the grand scheme of things) nostalgic fanbase, especially not after getting a bad reception for  Immortal and HR related stuff. And This is a remaster, while it’s true that most remasters are just ports, some aren’t, for example,  the early  game of Diablo 3 didn’t have the Gem of Ease, Blizzard    also thought that the auction was a good idea, they changed their minds after seeing the state of the playerbase. The gem of ease made levelling up much more fast, and practically avoided people  buying levels from others.

Don’t jump to conclusions, we don’t have  enough informations, neither in what the trophies are, neither if they won’t add/change  anything.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh

2 hours ago, gafpiratehook said:

In D3 cheated items were normal thing, so you were able to find random dudes just giving away not only powerful gear but even better with cheated stats, now in D2 this is (luckily) no more possible as items are not stored in local, editable save file but only server side. So cheater dude giving cheated stuff will be no more, you'll need a friend willing to borrow you really good stuff to be strong in hell mode, but no more godlike power with strange gems/weapons.

And to level up fast you'll need a "taxi" (high level player willing to do all the job for your low level char), you'll not be able to use too powerful gear due to level restriction (no gems to prevent this).

We need to see the actual trophy list to see how much grind will be involved, because maybe a friend will borrow his gear for an hour or so, but no way he'll give you an hardly self made enigma to grind 100+ hours. Sure, you can even consider the pay to win option (d2jsp) but I'm not a fan of it (the option to buy fg with real money, else if used to trade mf run stuff you find that's ok for me).

Without cheat items, D3 can still have all trophies but 1 done in 2-4hrs. My items I give away for free are not cheat items but can get every1 the trophies except the bounties in that 2-4hrs and can get someone to Torment 6 if they want.

Was just meaning OP legit items in D2, not cheat items, are there any??

About the P2W, if there are no OP items in D2, then what exactly are you P2W'ing?? If you still need someone to taxi you due to level restrictions.........there is no P2W right..........or is this P2W meant for already high level players who want OP gear easy???

I solely mean right from level 0, is there no way legit to get OP gear to speed you through everything fast and easy yourself.........there isn't right if I'm reading correctly as any P2W or traded items won't be useable due to level restrictions???

Thanks btw for taking time to answer every1, I know nothing about D2 systems

11 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Without cheat items, D3 can still have all trophies but 1 done in 2-4hrs. My items I give away for free are not cheat items but can get every1 the trophies except the bounties in that 2-4hrs and can get someone to Torment 6 if they want.

Was just meaning OP legit items in D2, not cheat items, are there any??

About the P2W, if there are no OP items in D2, then what exactly are you P2W'ing?? If you still need someone to taxi you due to level restrictions.........there is no P2W right..........or is this P2W meant for already high level players who want OP gear easy???

I solely mean right from level 0, is there no way legit to get OP gear to speed you through everything fast and easy yourself.........there isn't right if I'm reading correctly as any P2W or traded items won't be useable due to level restrictions???

Thanks btw for taking time to answer every1, I know nothing about D2 systems

theres and external site called d2jsp, where you can buy items from other players for forum gold. You still cant use them straight away, but as soon as you have enough levels you can.

9 minutes ago, Vern3r0z said:

theres and external site called d2jsp, where you can buy items from other players for forum gold. You still cant use them straight away, but as soon as you have enough levels you can.

It's a shame because if OP items were possible from level 0 and if it wasn't too time consuming, I would maybe setup a weekly trading session where I give players all these OP items for free, regarding trophies anyway 

And of course assuming you can get your gifted items back from using Save backups or closing app when the transfer is complete, similar to D3.

It's crazy that players charge others for this, but if we gonna buy, it's our own fault

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

It's a shame because if OP items were possible from level 0 and if it wasn't too time consuming, I would maybe setup a weekly trading session where I give players all these OP items for free, regarding trophies anyway 

And of course assuming you can get your gifted items back from using Save backups or closing app when the transfer is complete, similar to D3.

It's crazy that players charge others for this, but if we gonna buy, it's our own fault

clearly you have no idea how rare the op items in this game are, also the character data is stored server side, so backup tricks shouldn't work.

Edited by Vern3r0z

1 hour ago, Vern3r0z said:

clearly you have no idea how rare the op items in this game are, also the character data is stored server side, so backup tricks shouldn't work.

How do you mean, I said I never played Diablo 2, which is why I'm asking friend. The rarity doesn't impact anything I said, that if there was a way to dupe stuff, I would happily give it away.

If no way to dupe as you say, then yea, rarity is a problem but then I wouldn't even be doing it anyway.

With duping, is there no way to exploit the servers or is it to early to tell?? Sometimes you can exploit servers by logging out/in at certain times and with Dragon's Dogma as an example, to get around the trade lock, you had to save backup at a very precise moment that is highly missable, but was still a way to exploit the server.

Being on a server doesn't necessarily mean there isn't a way to dupe, it more depends on how it saves/uploads your progress, time will tell on this part

There is shared stash isn't there on this version, but don't think you can move stash between offline and online

Very VERY wishful thinking, but a way to dupe and remove level requirements would be nice, no chance them adding any new items though is there. I know there are new features, but haven't read anything about features that impact level requirements

Edited by Optinooby

2 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Backup save trick will not work, as told before saves are on bnet servers and you cannot manipulate it in any way: give away anything and it's lost forever.

And as Vern3r0z says you maybe don't understand how rare some piece is, for example you can play 100 hours or more and not pop a single high rune, and you need 2 to make a good armor, 3/4 to make a good weapon, and many others to trade for charms and other needed pieces.

Sure, you can still beat the game without top gear, but the core of the game is to find better and better pieces, and trade good ones you don't need.

The p2w option is there because you can buy these great stuff for real money, but still you'll (probably, we still need to read trophy list) not be able to platinum Diablo 2 in 2~4 hours.

EDIT: there was some ways to dupe items in early version of original D2, but luckily this time Blizzard will prevent all of them (all fixed in last game original patch I think), I'd really like to have a finally clean version of this great game (bots will maybe be a problem too, but eradicating dupes is first priority).

Edited by gafpiratehook

7 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

How do you mean, I said I never played Diablo 2, which is why I'm asking friend. The rarity doesn't impact anything I said, that if there was a way to dupe stuff, I would happily give it away.

If no way to dupe as you say, then yea, rarity is a problem but then I wouldn't even be doing it anyway.

With duping, is there no way to exploit the servers or is it to early to tell?? Sometimes you can exploit servers by logging out/in at certain times and with Dragon's Dogma as an example, to get around the trade lock, you had to save backup at a very precise moment that is highly missable, but was still a way to exploit the server.

Being on a server doesn't necessarily mean there isn't a way to dupe, it more depends on how it saves/uploads your progress, time will tell on this part

There is shared stash isn't there on this version, but don't think you can move stash between offline and online

Very VERY wishful thinking, but a way to dupe and remove level requirements would be nice, no chance them adding any new items though is there. I know there are new features, but haven't read anything about features that impact level requirements

Didn't intend to come off as rude. You are too hung up on the level requirements thing anyways, most gear can be used at like level 85, which is a level that is obtainable by everyone by just doing some baalruns etc. If the game has for exaple a trophy of getting to level 99, then your going to have to grind some levels anyways so its no issue regarding gear. If you play a sorceress you can solo hell with no equipment anyways, it just takes some time.

I have played the original on/off since 2002 and have never had the patience to get to level 99. Best i had was a level 95 character. If the trophy list has a trophy for getting to level 99, then its going to be at least one maybe even two month platinum. Getting from level 98 to 99 requires the same amount of exp as getting from 1-98, and when your level is higher you get diminishing returns regarding exp.

13 minutes ago, gafpiratehook said:

Backup save trick will not work, as told before saves are on bnet servers and you cannot manipulate it in any way: give away anything and it's lost forever.

And as Vern3r0z says you maybe don't understand how rare some piece is, for example you can play 100 hours or more and not pop a single high rune, and you need 2 to make a good armor, 3/4 to make a good weapon, and many others to trade for charms and other needed pieces.

Sure, you can still beat the game without top gear, but the core of the game is to find better and better pieces, and trade good ones you don't need.

The p2w option is there because you can buy these great stuff for real money, but still you'll (probably, we still need to read trophy list) not be able to platinum Diablo 2 in 2~4 hours.

EDIT: there was some ways to dupe items in early version of original D2, but luckily this time Blizzard will prevent all of them (all fixed in last game original patch I think), I'd really like to have a finally clean version of this great game (bots will maybe be a problem too, but eradicating dupes is first priority).

1 minute ago, Vern3r0z said:

Didn't intend to come off as rude. You are too hung up on the level requirements thing anyways, most gear can be used at like level 85, which is a level that is obtainable by everyone by just doing some baalruns etc. If the game has for exaple a trophy of getting to level 99, then your going to have to grind some levels anyways so its no issue regarding gear. If you play a sorceress you can solo hell with no equipment anyways, it just takes some time.

I have played the original on/off since 2002 and have never had the patience to get to level 99. Best i had was a level 95 character. If the trophy list has a trophy for getting to level 99, then its going to be at least one maybe even two month platinum. Getting from level 98 to 99 requires the same amount of exp as getting from 1-98, and when your level is higher you get diminishing returns regarding exp.

Wow level 98-99 takes a long, what speed is it to 85 if doing yourself??

Going to be a slog if they put trophies for level 99 on all classes. I read trophies/achievements are only on console versions for this.

The rarity thing wouldn't have been a problem, because if I worked out what I needed I may have P2W a few super rare stuff and then just duped it to give away (yea eating my own words here, but it would have been to give away)

I wonder if the shared stash limitations will have any exploits around it, yea I'm purely just speculating, I know little about this xD.

Thanks for the info guys, I guess I may just wait for it to release and keep an eye on the new features.

16 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Wow level 98-99 takes a long, what speed is it to 85 if doing yourself??

Going to be a slog if they put trophies for level 99 on all classes. I read trophies/achievements are only on console versions for this.

The rarity thing wouldn't have been a problem, because if I worked out what I needed I may have P2W a few super rare stuff and then just duped it to give away (yea eating my own words here, but it would have been to give away)

I wonder if the shared stash limitations will have any exploits around it, yea I'm purely just speculating, I know little about this xD.

Thanks for the info guys, I guess I may just wait for it to release and keep an eye on the new features.

Getting to 85 really depends if you get rushed through normal and nightmare (if baalbug is still in the game). If you play normally through the difficulties (getting to level 40-50 on normal baalruns, to level 60-65 in nightmare and finally to 85 in hell, i would say maybe a couple of days). You going to start noticing that your not getting that good exp anymore, but its still pretty fast. If doing it solo then more, but why would you do it solo when baalruns are a thing.

Edited by Vern3r0z

21 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Lol, all the D2 veterans coming out of the woodwork.

I don't recall anything in D2 that behaves the way you're describing; there are some items that don't have level restrictions, but generally they won't carry you through the harder difficulties. Fast movement is helpful, but it's still a _long_ game if you insist on walking your way through each Act. That's why the Teleport spell was so useful, on a high level sorceress you could spam it to skip right to the final dungeons, and regain mana faster than you could spend it.

The drop rate on items is shockingly low, we're talking hundreds of runs to drop a single unique item that still might be absolutely worthless. 

As for experience, the requirements grow exponentially past level 80 or so. 80-85 was a reasonable stopping point for most builds, as the return on investment is terrible past that (hours and hours of grinding bosses for a single level).

Remember that D3 "fixed" a lot of these old busted systems, so it's probably not worth using D3 as a fair comparison for what platinuming D2 might be like. It's a much older game with much older mechanics. It's going to be an incredibly long and boring grind, just as Blizzard intended, until people have high level boosters ready to go. Y'all are going to be stunned how much OG Diablo players were willing to put up with, that's how addicting this game was :P

• Like 3