Diablo 2 Resurrected

DrakeHellsing

btw, the game in the store has both ps4 and ps5 versions in the same purchase. Does this mean that it shares a trophy list, or does both versions have their own stack? Can i play the ps4 version on the ps5? Asking cause i don't own a ps5 yet, but will propably play d2 on ps5 too when i eventually get it.

10 minutes ago, Vern3r0z said:

Does this mean that it shares a trophy list, or does both versions have their own stack? Can i play the ps4 version on the ps5?

Because of back end network changes, it is impossible for PS5 games to share lists with any other platforms. A PS5 version will always have its own list. You can play the PS4 version on the PS5. They are separate installs.

Edited by communistwookiee
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, communistwookiee said:

Because of back end network changes, it is impossible for PS5 games to share lists with any other platforms. A PS5 version will always have its own list. You can play the PS4 version on the PS5. They are separate installs.

So when i buy the game, it will give me an option to choose the version to download on the ps5?

6 hours ago, tomSheek said:

just found yesterday, that the my very first game I ever played on my old PC is going to be reelased on PS4/PS5.

Cannot wait.

But bit disappointing that there is no couch co-op, or I didnt find anything that confirms that there will be. 

If there is I might actually buy it.

or at least crossplay at the very least would be nice but Blizzard didn’t seem in a hurry about crossplay.

otherwise I’m passing until either one gets added.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

If there is I might actually buy it.

or at least crossplay at the very least would be nice but Blizzard didn’t seem in a hurry about crossplay.

otherwise I’m passing until either one gets added.

IIRC there's crossplay but only between PlayStation systems i'm afraid. The game is crossbuy, too.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

IIRC there's crossplay but only between PlayStation systems i'm afraid. The game is crossbuy, too.

I think i read something about cross progression too. 

So my plan might be to play with my brother on PC, and when we are done, play on my ps4, with my progression carried over. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

There is no cross-play at all. Only cross-progression between all systems. But you cannot play with other playstation systems. At least not at launch, according to statements made by some of the producers / designers.  

12 hours ago, VisibleBanana said:

Hopefully no bounties this time (or a lot less than 500).

Bounties were introduced in Diablo III: Reaper of Souls with the addition of Adventure Mode. There were no Bounties in Diablo 2 or even the original Diablo 3. 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 1

I hope for a double plat PS4/PS5, speaking about trophies I don't really know if they'll go for something easy like D3 or they'll try something harder like 99lvls, hardcore deep runs, holy grail (god please no), anyway I plan to spend enough time on D2 to plat it twice and to keep farming good stuff after that ?

On 9/16/2021 at 11:58 PM, Arcesius said:

There is no cross-play at all. Only cross-progression between all systems. But you cannot play with other playstation systems. At least not at launch, according to statements made by some of the producers / designers.  

Bounties were introduced in Diablo III: Reaper of Souls with the addition of Adventure Mode. There were no Bounties in Diablo 2 or even the original Diablo 3. 

Correct, but 500 bounties were required on the PS4 version of D3 for the Platinum and I wouldn't be surprised if they threw them into this version of D2 to keep people playing longer.

On 17/09/2021 at 7:58 AM, Arcesius said:

Have they specifically said 'No crossplay between PS4 and 5'??

I ask because the 'No crossplay' has been said on other games, but it does actually still work from 4 to 5!!

I think some Devs see Crossplay as playing with other system manufacturers.....do these??

Another thing is even if so, and with the Cross Progression and perhaps multi-buy, one with a PS5 who wants to play with a mate on PS4, could just load the PS4 version, transfer progress and play online, if you cant do it between 4 and 5

On 9/17/2021 at 5:55 PM, gafpiratehook said:

I hope for a double plat PS4/PS5, speaking about trophies I don't really know if they'll go for something easy like D3 or they'll try something harder like 99lvls, hardcore deep runs, holy grail (god please no), anyway I plan to spend enough time on D2 to plat it twice and to keep farming good stuff after that ?

I would bet on trophies for getting at least one character to 99, completing Hell mode, the Pandemonium Event and at least completing Normal on Hardcore. I'll be very surprised if they do go the easy route with this one. 

13 hours ago, Killbomb said:

I would bet on trophies for getting at least one character to 99, completing Hell mode, the Pandemonium Event and at least completing Normal on Hardcore. I'll be very surprised if they do go the easy route with this one. 

Lmao it will take ages to reach level 99 after the old v1.10 update.

On 16/09/2021 at 6:38 PM, FilooGaroo said:

Can't wait to know the trophies list 

i can pretty much guess what the trophies will be.

* Get all characters to Level XX

* Complete all Chapters (Trophy for each act)

* Wear legendary gear in every slot

* Complete the game on a certain difficulty

* Kill XX Enemies

Craft an item in the Horodric Cube

And thats just of the top of my head. Trophy list will be pretty standard for a diablo game, will be easy to plat regardless of what they are.

On 2021-09-19 at 5:46 PM, KAdamsy1 said:

i can pretty much guess what the trophies will be.

* Get all characters to Level XX

* Complete all Chapters (Trophy for each act)

* Wear legendary gear in every slot

* Complete the game on a certain difficulty

* Kill XX Enemies

Craft an item in the Horodric Cube

And thats just of the top of my head. Trophy list will be pretty standard for a diablo game, will be easy to plat regardless of what they are.

Or not - do they want to target the hardcore gamers - those who spent more than 2000 hours in the game like me back in the days lol