games that require you to buy DLC to get the platinum trophy

Connor-_-B-_-

7 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

re-read the message, I wasn't talking about the DLCs, but the base game,  as the one of the two that actually went to plat it, I can confirm you that this isn't a case of multiple palythroughs, that would be connected on you doing multiple classes, but the level 20 trophies (which the base game does not give you access to 20 level chars directly) are missable, because an average player can only finish everything around level 17, regardless of what classes he/she picked, glitch not included.

I can't find it offhand, but there was a large document posted to GFAQs a handful of years ago about this. It was determined that it's possible to have level 20 in the vanilla version of the game, but you have to do absolutely everything possible, which requires a very specific order and isn't something you're likely to just stumble into without doing outside research. Some of it being specific monster spawns that only happen in particular situations you're not likely to find yourself doing (if I remember correctly, one was getting to the last step of a particular questline, then leaving the area and going to another specific area to find a spawn point that's only there during this very short window).

It's pretty specific stuff, but academic by the first two DLCs being released in a short window following the games launch, which provided enough XP to push the average player over the top. Which would explain why the earliest trophy unlock for all three trophies was around two days after the first DLC drop. Interestingly, the earliest unlock for at least one of the level 20 achievements on the XBox side was earned about two hours before the first DLC would have been added to the XBL Marketplace.

Edit: Hold up, why "glitch not included"? The basic leveling glitch was in the game as of 1.01b, as far as my GoogleFu can find. 1.02 was the launch version, meaning the glitch is in the vanilla version of the game. Regardless of level pathing and average player levels, this thread is about games that can't be platinum'd without DLC and the glitch is in the most basic version that can be played on the PS3, so the platinum is obtainable with no DLC. No need for fancy pathing.

Edited by Jelly Soup
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

re-read the message, I wasn't talking about the DLCs, but the base game,  as the one of the two that actually went to plat it, I can confirm you that this isn't a case of multiple palythroughs, that would be connected on you doing multiple classes, but the level 20 trophies (which the base game does not give you access to 20 level chars directly) are missable, because an average player can only finish everything around level 17, regardless of what classes he/she picked, glitch not included.

Worked for me when I played it. I was over level 20, if I recall correctly, the first time I beat the game.

18 hours ago, Apollo said:

I would venture that it doesn't.

358/2 Days is included in the same package that CoM is in so it isn't technically anything extra that you need to acquire to proceed.

I guess my thought was just that the plat for CoM is impossible to acquire without additional content not found within the game itself. All the same, it isn't technically DLC

19 hours ago, MrHealthy said:

This site shows trophies the same way as PSN does. It shows the base game and DLC as a combined % at the top level and then shows base game and DLC's individual percents once you click through.

Yes, you're right. I checked again and I'd mis-remembered how trophies are displayed on the Playstation. The way they're displayed on this site is essentially the same as how they're displayed on my playstation. 

9 hours ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

I guess my thought was just that the plat for CoM is impossible to acquire without additional content not found within the game itself. All the same, it isn't technically DLC

True enough, but OP specifically asked about DLC that had to be purchased in order to acquire the Plat. As the purchase of Re:CoM also includes Days, no extra purchase is necessary. 

Edited by Apollo

• 1 year later...
On 04/03/2021 at 0:09 AM, diskdocx said:

Honestly a bigger annoyance is that the rarity is adjusted for DLC to remove those that haven't played it. Especially when DLC is only a few trophies, and/or really hard, it falsely elevates the rarity.

I don’t agree as I remember how it was before the change and pretty much every DLC trophy was ultra rare even if everyone who had the ability to unlock it (ie those who bought the DLC) had unlocked it, obviously due to a lot not bothering with DLC. 

It’s far more realistic now as it only counts people that have the DLC. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 03/03/2021 at 7:06 PM, scemopagliaccioh said:

Dragon Age Origins has 3 level 20 trophies that kinda require aDLCs, you can get them by using a glitch, but I doubt EA had this in mind, basically all enemies that grant you exp disappear after you kill them, there is no respawning at all, yet 3 silvers for reaching max level with the respective classes.

I mean if you play through the game 3 times doing the majority of the side quests you’ll generally hit Level 24/25 so I don’t really count this.

The DLC however let’s you boot them up and instantly get the trophies without the work and 3 playthroughs.

On 04/03/2021 at 2:42 AM, scemopagliaccioh said:

This claim is absolute bullshit. The only way you’re finishing the game at Level 17 max is if you just play through the main quest and ignore every side quest along the way. People like you and their bullshit can be dangerous and disparaging. Don’t ever do that shit again. You mug.

On 3.03.2021 at 8:09 PM, ThePhatMatt said:

I think Hand of Fate requires a few dlc trophies to pop the plat, but you can get the ones you need without buying/installing any dlc.

Plat doesn't require any dlc trophies.

Only when you owned DLCs there were additional requirements to get a plat. 

Something like get all cards counts dlc cards if you have it installed. 

No dlc no problem.

Edited by WiktorM101

Assassin's Creed Blackflag (PS3):

Theres and online mini game in the main solo campaign called "Kenways fleet". For some reason that became inaccessible and you get upgrade plans from that to upgrade the Jackdaw (a ship), which in turn gets you a trophy for fully upgrading the ship.

This can be bypassed with a time saver pack dlc allowing you to upgrade without any upgrade plans, it's only $2 or something so I'm just being nit picky.

I hope this helps or whatever.

Bus Driver Simulator on PS4 requires six DLC packs to be purchased just to unlock one trophy, without which the platinum is unobtainable (the DLC is not in a separate trophy list). The Collector trophy, as its description suggests, requires the player to "Buy every bus in the game" - including those six DLC buses.

On the plus side the DLC packs are quite cheap (priced at £1.69-2.49 in the UK; I'm guessing similar prices in other regions). On the minus side (and as I recently discovered), the trophy is buggy and pops if and when it wants to (other trophies are also buggy by the way). I've gone through the game twice with no luck so far, and given that this trophy requires hours upon hours of tediously driving a bus the same routes over and over again (you need to earn money to purchase the buses), it's no wonder that Collector stands at 0.3% on the EU PSN (with the platinum at 0.2%).

So yeah... a platinum which requires six lots of DLC, a lengthy and boring grind, plus total luck if it pops or not. It's an ultra rare though... ?

Not sure if it’s been said already, but Dead Space 3 collectibles trophy won’t pop if you install awakening mid way through the game, you need to also collect the collectibles in the dlc for it to pop, had it happen on my alt account, if you don’t have the dlc installed, it’ll pop normally 

On 26/07/2023 at 2:45 AM, widdok said:

Bus Driver Simulator on PS4 requires six DLC packs to be purchased just to unlock one trophy, without which the platinum is unobtainable (the DLC is not in a separate trophy list). The Collector trophy, as its description suggests, requires the player to "Buy every bus in the game" - including those six DLC buses.

On the plus side the DLC packs are quite cheap (priced at £1.69-2.49 in the UK; I'm guessing similar prices in other regions). On the minus side (and as I recently discovered), the trophy is buggy and pops if and when it wants to (other trophies are also buggy by the way). I've gone through the game twice with no luck so far, and given that this trophy requires hours upon hours of tediously driving a bus the same routes over and over again (you need to earn money to purchase the buses), it's no wonder that Collector stands at 0.3% on the EU PSN (with the platinum at 0.2%).

So yeah... a platinum which requires six lots of DLC, a lengthy and boring grind, plus total luck if it pops or not. It's an ultra rare though... ?

Only the EU stack is (just about) UR, but thankfully that's the one I have. I might get the NA stack someday but requiring 6 DLC packs is bonkers. If you get the game and DLCs on sale, then you're looking at less than $10 for everything.