World Record Challenge April [Speedrun Platinum Trophies]

48 minutes ago, Lordidude said:

What is the goal?

It's quite simple: get the world record in any game by earning the 100% trophy completion faster than anyone before.

Is there a qualifying body that needs to certify a world record (another site or organization that handles world records) or is just the fastest on PSNProfiles enough to qualify?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Is there a qualifying body that needs to certify a world record (another site or organization that handles world records) or is just the fastest on PSNProfiles enough to qualify?

That was exactly my first thought! My inner pedant was twitching that the time on this site seems to be being referred to as the 'world record' time! 

7 minutes ago, Zauberwald1g said:

How long we have time? Currently moving places and just would lower tony hawks pro skater 1+2 on an alt if i have enough time to start it ?

I presume all of April. It's not clarified but the title of the thread and challenge name is "World Record Challenge April"

Edited by DaivRules

31 minutes ago, Zauberwald1g said:

How long we have time? Currently moving places and just would lower tony hawks pro skater 1+2 on an alt if i have enough time to start it 1f914.png

From now until April 30th.

30 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I presume all of April. It's not clarified but the title of the thread and challenge name is "World Record Challenge April"

That is correct. Its stated in the initial post. 

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

Its the PSNP times. 

As far as I know this is the only site measuring the times this way. 

Thanks to an established flagging system we also have some sense of guidelines about cheating questions. 

Edited by Lordidude
  • Like 2

I love watching speedruns but I don't think I have the skill for this unless I chose a really insure game, currently I only have the fastest time in one game I think I could get the fastest time on PubG eu stack but that would require me to have 3 days off work.  

Good luck to all participants!

Curious, if this goes anywhere.

Would want to do Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered - I have a pretty fast 100% time for the EU version and I know I could push this lower as I went to sleep and did a 9 hour shift at work in between my first and last trophy! That's theoretically enough time for me to shave off the 14 hours between my run (1 day 22 hours) and the fastest 100% time on PSNP which is 1 day 8 hours for the NA stack.

If I did do this, I would probably try and import an NA version of the game so I can do the second stack. If I did do that, I'd still need to dedicate a whole weekend to it - play the game through Friday night into Saturday and including Sunday to get some sleep before work on Monday!

EDIT: I have looked at 100% completion time for Need for Speed Rivals (both ps3 and ps4 versions) and the best is 1 day 7 hours. I have recently played the ps3 version, so I am relatively confident that I could beat this time if I play the PS4 version, probably get the time under 1 day!

Edited by mareepx
shortlisted another game
  • Like 1

Interesting challenge but one thats not for me. I already operate on 4-5 hours of sleep a night just so I can fit some gaming time normally. If I tried this I would probably end up falling asleep in a meeting or not be able to function at all. :lol:

Good luck to those that give it a shot. I will watch from the sidelines.

2 hours ago, Lordidude said:

What games can I play for this challenge?

Basically all games are part of this challenge.

There are only a few minor restrictions:

• All trophies must be obtainable (obviously)
  • Game must have a Platinum Trophy
  • The current record for the game must be at least 10 hours or longer
  • The game must have at least 1000 platinum achievers

Cool concept, and I’m interested. My only personal issue would would be pinpointing a good 10+ hour record that I can probably cut in half (I work 7 days a week currently). If I find days off before April 30th, I’ll probably participate. I need to think about the game I’ll be running and will comment back once I have an idea.

13 hours ago, mareepx said:

EDIT: I have looked at 100% completion time for Need for Speed Rivals (both ps3 and ps4 versions) and the best is 1 day 7 hours. I have recently played the ps3 version, so I am relatively confident that I could beat this time if I play the PS4 version, probably get the time under 1 day!

That sounds awesome!
Go for it!

13 hours ago, HoorayForTyler said:

My only personal issue would would be pinpointing a good 10+ hour record that I can probably cut in half (I work 7 days a week currently).

The 10 hour rule is the least important rule.

It's just a guarantee that no ratalaika games are played so that's probably way overboard anyway.

I think I could go down to min. 5 hours which would be more reasonable.

Do you think that would help?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lordidude said:

I think I could go down to min. 5 hours which would be more reasonable.

Do you think that would help?

I actually think the 10 hour minimum makes things more interesting so it’s okay! I’m going to be running LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 (PS4) btw. I’ll comment back once I finish ?

Great concept mate! I hope it gains traction and kickstarts a wider interest in trophy speedrunning.

To help you pre-emptively refine the rules a little:

1) Do you allow for someone to complete a declared run and then attempt a different game for a better score? If yes, do you keep the best score, or is the first run immediately discarded as soon as a second game is declared?

2) What do you consider the current best time for games with multiple stacks? Is it the best time of the stack being run, or the best among all stacks?

On 3/15/2021 at 6:17 PM, JoesusHCrust said:

That was exactly my first thought! My inner pedant was twitching that the time on this site seems to be being referred to as the 'world record' time! 

If it makes you feel any better, the likelihood that the times on this site are the actual world records in trophy speedrunning is quite high. I'm happy to be corrected, but I'm not currently aware of another site that displays fastest times in trophy completion like this. Which means that if someone goes through the trouble of getting the fastest time, he will make sure it's displayed here. I know that you can submit a trophy run for some games over at speedrun.com, but you're at the mercy of each game's mods for whether they decide the category is worth including in their game's leaderboards. And typically when it is, there's only 1 entry, maybe 2. Yes, it's true that trophy hacking is rampant, and often it's impossible to prove, but until there's enough traction that there are people willing to go through numerous multi-hour videos to verify them, the policing of the leadeboard here is the best approximation we're gonna get.

3 hours ago, NamoPh said:

To help you pre-emptively refine the rules a little:

1) Do you allow for someone to complete a declared run and then attempt a different game for a better score? If yes, do you keep the best score, or is the first run immediately discarded as soon as a second game is declared?

Yes you can attempt as many games as possible, given you announce it beforehand in this thread.

Edit: Only the fastest record (in terms of percentage lead) per participant is being considered for the challenge however.

2) What do you consider the current best time for games with multiple stacks? Is it the best time of the stack being run, or the best among all stacks?

Different stacks are counted like different games.
If a game has multiple stacks then each version has an own record that can be broken.

The only limitation is that no partial or full autopopping is allowed.

If it makes you feel any better, the likelihood that the times on this site are the actual world records in trophy speedrunning is quite high. I'm happy to be corrected, but I'm not currently aware of another site that displays fastest times in trophy completion like this.

I agree.

This is the best verified leaderboard we have right now and conveniently enough the timed leaderboards are governed by the same cheater removal process that oversees the rest of the users.

Edited by Lordidude
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...