Prestige Mode Complaining Thread

cy1999aek_maik

I think it might be healthy to have a thread where we can complain and curse at the game without being productive or actually giving constructive criticism. It's good for those of us currently working on this to get it all out.

Anyways, I have the first 4 spike races gold and I've been stuck on the fifth for about 4 hours. Fuck the 5th race, it's bullshit. The game is a disgrace it barely works properly. Unresponsive piece of shit, the turns dont make sense I'm barely losing any speed and I'm still 2 seconds behind. There's a spot where there's a bump on the straight road and the NPCs are actual maniacs, I wish they had never released this mode.

• Like 2

I’ve 24/41 so far, have done all of the spike, manu and Amy events. The hardest by an absolute mile is Mental Block (8th Manu event). The longest any other event has taken me was 3 hours, most take me under an hour. However, Menal Block took me 11 hours of attempts to get gold on. There are many skill and luck based factors to consider. The skill based factor is obviously your ability to drift and get the most points out of every single turn over an almost 7 minute long period of time, but you also have a time limit to reach the ridiculous score. There seems to be a bug on PS5 though where timers are broken and throughout the event I couldn’t see how much time I had left, I just had to do it fast! The luck based factors are: bad server connection popups which prevent your score from counting for a few seconds at a time, which kills the run and makes you restart, traffic spawns which are probably the biggest problem, you need them to not spawn in some places as when they do, they’re unavoidable and you crash, losing your combo. There are also very random AI spawns where they’re racing up the hill and can also make you crash which ruins the run. Lastly (this happens more often than you think) you can even have players starting events that overlap with the Mental Block drifting track. I’ve had to change servers a few times because players started events which made many AI cars and themselves go through my track in the opposite direction, where they were impossible to dodge. 

I also had two runs that were extremely close about 9-10 hours in, I was about 3,000 points off the target, but I persisted and after 11 hours of playing I got the score. I recommend you do the Manu events after spike so you can get this ridiculous crap out of the way. Manu does have other very hard events but this one just broke me a little. Oh and lastly, I had to tune the build slightly from what you’ll find online. They usually recommend the extreme grip wheels which I’ve used for every event except mental block, I had to change the tyres to extreme drift so I could pull more points per drift, albeit it was harder to control the car. 

Edited by damienjablonski

Just started the Gold medal hunt yesterday, after giving a huge break from this game (I gave up after getting only 1 Bronze and 2 Silver medals, where I wasn't even able to get a Gold medal on Spike 1) and had 2 Gold medals (from Spike 1, and Spike 2) in around a total of 3.5 hours. In Spike 2, I was really lucky because I was stuck on the last drifting part and actually managed to nail that turn and got the Gold medal just 5 minutes before the server maintenance. Since this game is around 5.5 years old and needs an internet connection to play the game, I returned to this game once more, just to clear it out of my list (and I don't trust EA except for the Battlefield franchise). This will be a rough one...

Fuck the 5th race, it's bullshit. The game is a disgrace it barely works properly. Unresponsive piece of shit, the turns dont make sense I'm barely losing any speed and I'm still 2 seconds behind. There's a spot where there's a bump on the straight road and the NPCs are actual maniacs, I wish they had never released this mode.

I really like this kind of challenging trophies and players like you (complaining about things they could just ignore if they're not interested) are the reason why it's a very uncommon thing in videogames... My post is completely useless but i needed to write it because I think it's truly sad.

Edited by Salicylae

31 minutes ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

Since this game is around 5.5 years old and needs an internet connection to play the game, I returned to this game once more, just to clear it out of my list (and I don't trust EA except for the Battlefield franchise). This will be a rough one...

Not sure I if would put my trust in battlefield either, but you do you. ?

Embrace the bullshit my dudes, nfs doesn't hold back on it. You have my sympathies. Kolay gelsin! ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PreLoki said:

Not sure I if would put my trust in battlefield either, but you do you. 1f605.png

Embrace the bullshit my dudes, nfs doesn't hold back on it. You have my sympathies. Kolay gelsin! 1f609.png

I agree with you, I started this trophy because I wanted to challenge myself as should everyone else doing it, I knew what I was getting into. But personally I enjoy these kinds of challenges, it’s similar to the platinum time trial relics I had to do on crash 4. Practice makes perfect, as well as doing many runs until you get that perfect one, which by the way always gives a great feeling 

• Like 1

On 20/03/2021 at 10:53 AM, cy1999aek_maik said:

The game is a disgrace it barely works properly. Unresponsive piece of shit, the turns dont make sense I'm barely losing any speed and I'm still 2 seconds behind. 

The other thread's OP

this game is all I was expecting to get, love it. 

A similar thread yeah.

Seems to me like one is appreciating a challenge and another one is just blaming the game for his failure and complaining about it's difficulty though.

But I'm glad if I'm misinterpreting.

Good luck anyway, I wish you to enjoy it as much as I did.

Edited by Salicylae

On 24/03/2021 at 9:15 AM, Salicylae said:

I really like this kind of challenging trophies and players like you (complaining about things they could just ignore if they're not interested) are the reason why it's a very uncommon thing in videogames... My post is completely useless but i needed to write it because I think it's truly sad.

this is more of a joke post tbh. I enjoy the game, but the challenge is very much luck based. You could do everything right and then an NPC can mess your run up. It happens a lot, especially in longer races with turns in which you can't afford to compromise losing time to avoid a car. The game is fine, but there's certain things that don't work right which really stand out in a challenge like this where the details matter

I'm at 5/41 Gold medals as of now (completed only 5 Spike events) but my internet connection and the controller are kind of giving me some issues. In one of my attempts on "Torque of the Town", the car didn't rotate no matter how much I tilted or held down the left analog at the 1.20 mark and it cost me the Gold medal by like 0.83 seconds. On my last attempt at "Torque of the Town", I got a 'Very Bad connection' message in the middle of my attempt and it also registered my time late (and it didn't register my nitrous command when I held X in the middle of the time trial lol). Well, that was a clutch time to score (the Gold medal requirement is 1.44:00 in this event)...

ddd.jpg

Edited by XxIsa-GxX
updated media/image
  • Like 2

On 25/03/2021 at 0:15 PM, cy1999aek_maik said:

this is more of a joke post tbh. I enjoy the game

Alright alright, sorry then

On 25/03/2021 at 0:15 PM, cy1999aek_maik said:

but the challenge is very much luck based. You could do everything right and then an NPC can mess your run up. It happens a lot, especially in longer races with turns in which you can't afford to compromise losing time to avoid a car.

Not really actually, I know it looks like it, but NPCs aren't that random, sometimes they spawns or not but there is only some spots where they can be at a time after the start.

Edited by Salicylae

I'm at 8/41 Gold medals as of now, and will be trying Manu's events next (which I am actually scared of the most). Spike events were alright, the time requirements might be tight but even making mistakes on the courses (and my car not rotating the way it's supposed to), I was still able to get the requirements cleared. I'll be recording my runs throughout this adventure, and did record Spike events. Although those runs might not be perfect, just want to share it out. Maybe the set-ups or the routes might help another person on the Spike events:

On 3/24/2021 at 2:28 AM, damienjablonski said:

I’ve 24/41 so far, have done all of the spike, manu and Amy events. The hardest by an absolute mile is Mental Block (8th Manu event). The longest any other event has taken me was 3 hours, most take me under an hour. However, Menal Block took me 11 hours of attempts to get gold on. There are many skill and luck based factors to consider. The skill based factor is obviously your ability to drift and get the most points out of every single turn over an almost 7 minute long period of time, but you also have a time limit to reach the ridiculous score. There seems to be a bug on PS5 though where timers are broken and throughout the event I couldn’t see how much time I had left, I just had to do it fast! The luck based factors are: bad server connection popups which prevent your score from counting for a few seconds at a time, which kills the run and makes you restart, traffic spawns which are probably the biggest problem, you need them to not spawn in some places as when they do, they’re unavoidable and you crash, losing your combo. There are also very random AI spawns where they’re racing up the hill and can also make you crash which ruins the run. Lastly (this happens more often than you think) you can even have players starting events that overlap with the Mental Block drifting track. I’ve had to change servers a few times because players started events which made many AI cars and themselves go through my track in the opposite direction, where they were impossible to dodge. 

I also had two runs that were extremely close about 9-10 hours in, I was about 3,000 points off the target, but I persisted and after 11 hours of playing I got the score. I recommend you do the Manu events after spike so you can get this ridiculous crap out of the way. Manu does have other very hard events but this one just broke me a little. Oh and lastly, I had to tune the build slightly from what you’ll find online. They usually recommend the extreme grip wheels which I’ve used for every event except mental block, I had to change the tyres to extreme drift so I could pull more points per drift, albeit it was harder to control the car. 

idk if you know this or not, but in the options you can choose to play alone, which helps to negate some of the network connection shit, but I hope that helps! It's honestly kinda funny, cause I only have 1 gold medal so far, and it feels like I am doing so much and so little in return it's laughable in the amount of time I've put into this. life of a trophy hunter I guess lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, terrafin7 said:

idk if you know this or not, but in the options you can choose to play alone, which helps to negate some of the network connection shit, but I hope that helps! It's honestly kinda funny, cause I only have 1 gold medal so far, and it feels like I am doing so much and so little in return it's laughable in the amount of time I've put into this. life of a trophy hunter I guess lol

This feature seems to be broken, it gives a connection error each time. I got the trophy today though so I won’t need to stress out anymore haha. After having done all of them I still think Mental Block was the hardest. On The Dream Team however turned out not to be the hardest race which I found interesting and not what I expected, but it might just be due to experience. I think that some of the spike races were a lot more challenging than the dream team event 

Edited by damienjablonski

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2021 at 3:40 PM, damienjablonski said:

This feature seems to be broken, it gives a connection error each time. I got the trophy today though so I won’t need to stress out anymore haha. After having done all of them I still think Mental Block was the hardest. On The Dream Team however turned out not to be the hardest race which I found interesting and not what I expected, but it might just be due to experience. I think that some of the spike races were a lot more challenging than the dream team event 

Update as of now I got my second gold star. the more I put the time in the more it pisses me off but still, I'll persevere. the play-alone thing also is pretty broken but when it does work it helps out a bit. it does make me angry when they have a maintenance break for the servers RIGHT when I wanna actually sit down and get some progress in. I'm currently working through the drifting events and the Wide and Tight one is giving me quite a bit of trouble, but I'm sure as I keep doing it ill get it eventually.

Edited by terrafin7

Im finding the drift events way harder than the race ones... i only need 3 race golds left(including finale) the drift contest and gymkhana have such narrow paths.. then you got the cops along with the npc racers hellbent on ramming into you while you are drifting and you hit a wall losing all points. random npc cars just stopping and all these parked cars... then on top of it i drifted over a curb and the game sent me flying 20feet in the air. Im losing my shit lol

• 1 month later...

I'm just glad that Ghost Games got the boot and NFS goes back to Criterion Games. Ghost we're trying so hard to make a name for themselves but can never be as good as Criterion... heck even Black Box were much more better than Ghost. GG wanted to ride on Gran Turismo's prestigiousness but can't even make the grade to even match Slightly Mad Studios Shift Series. Good riddance no one will miss Ghost Games... they'll definitely live up to their name... getting ghosted by NFS players.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

The sooner they will shutdown this piece of crap the better for everyone. This was bugged cringe fest from the beginning. This whole prestige bullshit is just a prove that they had no idea what they were doing. They didn't even had balls to admit mistake and fix it. Ghost Games were just some amateurs. Criterion should be doing NFS games all the time, dunno what EA was thinking by taking away NFS from them... But hey, it's EA! 

Edited by Patrickosan

• 3 months later...
9 hours ago, APCGrayLocked said:

No, this is not a challenge. This is a joke, a really bad one. A challenge is basically testing the player's skills. But Prestige mode is not that. Prestige is testing the resistance of the player (by put him in a torture machine) and then give him as a reward (if he manages to overcome all of this) a bronze trophy. No, Assetto Corsa is a challenge. This is bullshit.

I gave a huge break after obtaining 10 Gold medals out of 41 (8 for Spike and 2 for Manu) and this thing can be absolutely dreadful. AI racers are not even that much a problem in the sprint or circuit races but on drift events, things start to get different. Plus, you have unexpected NPC/police spawns and a late record registry which can also cost you the Gold medal most of the time. For some races, it is possible to use Beck Kustoms F12 and get a Gold medal and I believe for some events you don't even have to use either the Porsche or Lamborghini cars for the Gold medal, an example here, but Porsche 911 RSR 2.8, Lamborghini Hurricane, and Beck Kustoms are the way to go if you want easier time. I also believe that Neg96 did a great job at making a full/detailed video guide for the events, that was the reason I even bothered about trying to complete the events. I will definitely return to this game when I find enough time & willingness (and hopefully servers won't get discontinued, that's what I'm afraid of more than any of the bullshit this mode offers) but yeah, it's more of a persistence task rather than a challenge.

Edited by XxIsa-GxX
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

I gave a huge break after obtaining 10 Gold medals out of 41 (8 for Spike and 2 for Manu) and this thing can be absolutely dreadful. AI racers are not even that much a problem in the sprint or circuit races but on drift events, things start to get different. Plus, you have unexpected NPC/police spawns and a late record registry which can also cost you the Gold medal most of the time. For some races, it is possible to use Beck Kustoms F12 and get a Gold medal and I believe for some events you don't even have to use either the Porsche or Lamborghini cars for the Gold medal, an example here, but Porsche 911 RSR 2.8, Lamborghini Hurricane, and Beck Kustoms are the way to go if you want easier time. I also believe that Neg96 did a great job at making a full/detailed video guide for the events, that was the reason I even bothered about trying to complete the events. I will definitely return to this game when I find enough time & willingness (and hopefully servers won't get discontinued, that's what I'm afraid of more than any of the bullshit this mode offers) but yeah, it's more of a persistence task rather than a challenge.

yeah i know that you can use the Hot Rod-like car (the Beck) and there are many walkthrough videos out there, but still, this mode is a mess. And yes, the main problem are the drift events infact, because you are trying to get a good curve and then the AI justs come at you and crash you, while go directly to the finish line with the infinite turbo.

I gave up in the second Manu event (after countless headaches and countless hours spent) and i will never return, unless they fix this mess or there's a glitch that can give us the opportunity to crush this mode.

Edited by APCGrayLocked
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, APCGrayLocked said:

yeah i know that you can use the Hot Rod-like car (the Beck) and there are many walkthrough videos out there, but still, this mode is a mess. And yes, the main problem are the drift events infact, because you are trying to get a good curve and then the AI justs come at you and crash you, while go directly to the finish line with the infinite turbo.

I gave up in the second Manu event (after countless headaches and countless hours spent) and i will never return, unless they fix this mess or there's a glitch that can give us the opportunity to crush this mode.

I know that feeling, Manu 1 and Manu 2 was rough for me. Had some rages here and there and I was inpatient at times but eventually, I've got Gold on both of them before giving that huge break. I know you said you won't/never come back to this game again but at least for Manu 2, I believe you can do it if someone like me, who doesn't even consider himself being good at this game (or anything in general lol) was able to beat this. It's just irritating but once you get the hang of the crowd & drifting then it's all good. Neg96's NFS Prestige guide helps a lot IMO since he explains the events in detail too. As a reference, I'll just drop the set-up I've used and a video of my successful run on Manu 2 below in case anyone wonders or wants to see another reference build/race that can maybe help out.

Set-up for Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4 (2015)

Front Tire Pressure: +5

Rear Tire Pressure: -4

Steer Response: -5

Steer Range: -5

Braking Drift Assist: On

Drift Stability Assist: Off (Although you can set this to On too, up to preference/gameplay style)

Launch Control: Off (Although you can set this to On too, up to preference/gameplay style)

Differential: -5

Downforce: 0

Brake Strength: -5

Brake Bias: -5

Tire Traction: More (I was using E/T-G3-PLUS-GRP tires but you can also set this to "Less" by selecting a tire that does so (Ideally DRFT tires). Tires should be either XTREME DRFT / GRP or lower quality based on which playstyle you're comfortable with/drift comfortably)

Handbrake Strength: -5

Spring Stiffness: +3

Sway Bars: +3

Nitrous: -5

Manual Gears: On

Edited by XxIsa-GxX
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 28.10.2021 at 1:14 PM, APCGrayLocked said:

the problem with this bullshit of mode, is that the AI is rubberband (unlike in the base game) and have infinite nos (and as if that were not enough, they constantly try to wipe you out), the traffic directly spawns in front of you, you must use the manual transmission (otherwise you will never have the chance to actually beat any of the events) and even the slightest "touch" on any obstacle will result in a complete crash. And the worst of all this is that you must use the Porsche or the Lamborghini, otherwise, you will never be able to keep up with the AI or the time. (and for me, this is unacceptable, because my main car is BMW M3 E46 GTR)

It's 10/10 difficulty because it's just a mess. EA tried to keep the players playing the game, but the result was the opposite. If they had put the silver requirements as the gold ones and get rid of the rubberbanding, the events would be much more maneageable and even "fun". But is EA and with all of this, for two bronze trophies (another kick in the balls, because, c'mon, after all of this, you give me only a bronze trophy? Give me a gold trophy!)... it's better to keep your sanity and play the next chapters.

Someone now will say: "git gud, is a challenge".

No, this is not a challenge. This is a joke, a really bad one. A challenge is basically testing the player's skills. But Prestige mode is not that. Prestige is testing the resistance of the player (by put him in a torture machine) and then give him as a reward (if he manages to overcome all of this) a bronze trophy. No, Assetto Corsa is a challenge. This is bullshit.

Nfs 2015 is the only NFS I have yet to do 100% in order to have the entire series finished. I am a fan of racing games and have played lots of them and I 100% agree with you. Prestige Mode isn't a challenge, it's a slap to the face. You wanna know what was a good difficult challenge in a racing game? Finishing a daily challenge in DIRT Rally 2 within the top 10%. You couldn't cheat it, you had to earn it. You could use an alt to see what track you'd be driving to practice beforehand, but that was it. Took me a lot of time and dedication but I finally pulled this off. Every fail was my own, I screwed up, not the game. In NFS though, I feel like the devs just put the best of the best scores in the game and said, yeah, this seems doable... right? Fuck it, who cares. Took me 4 hours to finish the first drift event, and 39 to go. If it wasn't for the fact that I really want to have the entire NFS series 100%, I would have said fuck this I'm out after the first 30 minutes. Not only the game is online only - two server maintenances within two days in a row which is fucking insane, if the police start chasing you, you can't even restart the race, you have to either try to complete it, or just give up and let them arrest you. The amount of time I've wasted just watching the loading screens because I had to go out of the garage, fast travel to the race, wait for the race to start, and within the first 20 seconds fail because an AI crashed into me and I lost the multiplayer which is crucial, it's just fucking insane. I tip my hat to everyone who had the patience rather than the skills to do it. I don't think I will, I will try to do the drifts this week as I'm sick and sitting at home, but if I don't do it I will just give up.

• Like 4

I remember the time, when it brought me the real challenge few hours after I saw the update. Had problems with the drifts.. I was focused on the races there back then.. So Ive been searching the YT videos for any drift builds and I had to test few of them to find one that fits me. When I found it, the whole PRESTIGE mode took me a week to complete. Ive achieved the trophy as the 6th player on the world. Now the whole PRESTIGE is doable in less than 3hrs. But Im the 'try harder' guy, since HP10 been playing every NFS for real to push the limits. So it was a big challenge for me. At the begginin I thought I cant get it;/

Edited by kam945

12 minutes ago, kam945 said:

Doable in less than 3hrs tbh

Trophy times tell a different story. Took you more than 3 hours by all accounts, stop trolling others having difficulty with this title.

Edit: douchebag above changed his elitist statement

Edited by TriadThunder-X