How tough is the plat?

This is 8/10 hard, easily. I don't have a lot on this account but almost platinumed it on an older account back in the day. The speed challenges are ridiculous, beating the bosses and collecting the bestiary is very grindy and a little tricky. The collecting of the weapons is rough because of all the additional challenges that come from it. The tower defense game is manageable with a guide where you must do precisely what it says. Its a fun game but very skill demanding.

3 minutes ago, Cravinovv said:

This is 8/10 hard, easily. I don't have a lot on this account but almost platinumed it on an older account back in the day. The speed challenges are ridiculous, beating the bosses and collecting the bestiary is very grindy and a little tricky. The collecting of the weapons is rough because of all the additional challenges that come from it. The tower defense game is manageable with a guide where you must do precisely what it says. Its a fun game but very skill demanding.

Now that we know the store is closing for ps3 would you pass on it or just shelve it?

The patch made the speed challenges easier.  It was a very fun and challenging game when I did it.  There should be guides to help you with everything.  It's one of my favorite, underrated titles in the last 10+ years.  If you don't mind a little challenge and you like the SNES Zelda games, this one is right up your alley.

Edited by grimydawg___
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, grimydawg___ said:

The patch made the speed challenges easier.  It was a very fun and challenging game when I did it.  There should be guides to help you with everything.  It's one of my favorite, underrated titles in the last 10+ years.  If you don't mind a little challenge and you like the SNES Zelda games, this one is right up your alley.

What would you say the difficulty is now that it has been patched?

The game was great and the platinum was not that bad as far as difficulty. The hardest part was the couple timed mini games but they've been patched. 

One hit mode isn't bad because you can get a sword that covers almost the entire screen. I'd I could do it all those years ago on release with no guides or anything, you can do it now!

On 3/29/2021 at 0:53 PM, VoidVictorious said:

How rough is the boss kills with zero damage?

Killing bosses with zero damage was not as challenging as I expected because you can set yourself up to do it during your Spelunker run easily. With the patch, the swords purchased from King Block carry over. It made Spelunker mode easier because I had a much higher damage output earlier on. Abusing tent respawns traveling through the world also assisted with progress. The only aggravating things during my recent Spelunker run were 1.) Constant crashing ruining progress, 2.) Dying in the fire temple. Normally you just continue and try and do better, but due to the very specific puzzle progression that temple had....I had to go through the entire temple multiple times just to try and activate the boss door shortcut. The later bosses were harder, but didn't feel impossible.

No death trophy was easily "breakable" as you just save constantly and don't hit the continue button.

So far I am fighting against a wall during the second Dash Circuit mini game. I am giving myself a break and going to look for assistance now. I have only made it to 73 seconds and feel very frustrated and tired, a self feeding loop. I am nearing the end of "From Mode" and the mini games are the only things left that feel grrrrrrrrrr.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for being abit late but it is about 9/10 if your playing the outside of us copy of the game as the us was the only one that got a patch to make the game abit easy in terms of getting all swords and made it easier to get them too. The big part that is going to be a pain is the booking trophy and getting all swords and when going on the spelunker mode just cheat it by running into walls as you get to be unkillable for a few seconds and that helps a lot. For other modes like From mode I would highly say get the Excalibur from King block in your first run of the game as it is the best sword to get first as it does good dmg and is always great to help in other plays of the game mostly from and spelunker

On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2021 at 10:52 PM, MrPapersHead said:

So far I am fighting against a wall during the second Dash Circuit mini game. I am giving myself a break and going to look for assistance now. I have only made it to 73 seconds and feel very frustrated and tired, a self feeding loop. I am nearing the end of "From Mode" and the mini games are the only things left that feel grrrrrrrrrr.

not sure if this will help but try and make a block character it might make it better for you like a character made out of pure white blocks to find out where your going and so on, as for me it didn't really help but it helped others though, for making a long stick character helped as it let me know where I was at all times

17 hours ago, KANERKB said:

sorry for being abit late but it is about 9/10 if your playing the outside of us copy of the game as the us was the only one that got a patch to make the game abit easy in terms of getting all swords and made it easier to get them too. The big part that is going to be a pain is the booking trophy and getting all swords and when going on the spelunker mode just cheat it by running into walls as you get to be unkillable for a few seconds and that helps a lot. For other modes like From mode I would highly say get the Excalibur from King block in your first run of the game as it is the best sword to get first as it does good dmg and is always great to help in other plays of the game mostly from and spelunker

not sure if this will help but try and make a block character it might make it better for you like a character made out of pure white blocks to find out where your going and so on, as for me it didn't really help but it helped others though, for making a long stick character helped as it let me know where I was at all times

I would be playing the US copy. What are your thoughts on Dash mode stuff. That’s the stuff that has me a bit nervous.

2 hours ago, VoidVictorious said:

I would be playing the US copy. What are your thoughts on Dash mode stuff. That’s the stuff that has me a bit nervous.

As I stated before the swords will be the hardest part of the game as you need to do the dash mode to get all the swords as the wing sword is gotten that way however just putting out there there is another for seeing the devs room every once and awhile to get another sword plus another random guy I believe in a town for another sword, you need to talk to that one about every time you find a new boss and places where the bosses is and so on it is annoying but yeah. Plus making your character a white block that can help with the races at least for some it did but not for me I used a thin small lined character to do it other than a download character of link as I love me my Zelda vibes

Edited by KANERKB

Just going to throw my hat into the ring here. Spelunker mode isn't that bad. Don't get me wrong, one hit deaths suck, but like other FROM Software games going slow and being careful will get you far. Bosses can be a little cheap with wonky collision physics, but you'll learn when and where to take risks. The first dash circuit, Block Circuit, is also not too bad. In fact, you might be deceived into thinking that all this noise about dash circuit being hard is just from angry gamers who suck at the game. But it's the second dash circuit, Monaca Circuit, that will try your patience. The course is long, windy, and you have to keep up a high turn combo to keep your speed up. But at the same time you need to know when to stop your dash to slow down so you don't lose control and slam into a wall, which will cost you time. My recommendation is just before the 'S' bend in the lower right hand side of the track, and again just before the start line in the upper left-most part of the track. 

I believe that if you can get through Monaca Circuit, you can get the platinum. Just don't do it on your first playthough, unless you want to spend time farming small blocks. The sword you get from dash circuit doesn't carry over to new game+, and you won't normally have enough small blocks your first playthrough to purchase all the swords you'll need for the trophy.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Dude it’s a tedious ass platinum. Bunch of missable trophies. 5 playthrough’s, ANNOYING music. You have to mute the game music because it gets so damn annoying listening to the same track over and over

it took my 120 hours and I made it my 100th platinum because it’s the the game I got my very first trophy on my account way back in 2010