BROKEN Playstation 4 System

F22-Razgriz

Just read this Article/updated article:
Ref Link: 
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/14/broken-playstation-4-systems

Update: IGN has received a detailed account of one PS4 “Play the Future First” winner’s broken console experience so far. As of time of publishing this, Arogon (Reddit username), a 23-year old man in Maryland, will not be receiving a working PlayStation 4 before launch. That was to be his special prize…until the console showed up dead on arrival at 11AM ET. The console would turn on, accompanied by a pulsing blue light (it should glow white) – but it would not output a signal to the television.

The first thing Aragon did was call Sony PlayStation support, just like the official box said: "Do not return to the store." Not that he could, being in such a rare situation. We urged him to also contact the prize fulfillment company, but he said he'd won something fromPrizelogic before for another reason and had a horrible experience. When initially connected with Sony support, they said: "Call back Friday. We can't do anything until then." Frustrated and not willing to give up on his dream, Arogon, called support again. This time a representative was more attentive and said they would look into the matter with their supervisor. Unfortunately for Arogon, he lives in "the middle of nowhere," as he put it, in Maryland -- his support call dropped. He called again, and PlayStation support had a record of his most recent call, but they repeated they could do nothing until Friday.

UNQUOTE

So what do you guys think.? does this article somehow affected your Purchasing Decision for the PS4.?

Or you just can't help it but Ignore it cause your too excited for the next-gen.? Let me hear your thoughts.  :highfive: 

-hopefully this is only some sort of Shipping handling issues and not a widespread disease waiting to erupt. 

and if this is in fact TRUE for all system that was already manufactured may it just be 0.000000001 % chances

of happening. Just my to cents people. #GreatnessAwaits  :pimp: 

that is why I never get any system at launch. Not only is there no games, but fhere will be a price drop and the bugs will be fixed if you wait

Unless you want to wait 2 years, there most probably won't be a pricedrop.

And DoA is hardly a console bug - probably some kind of damage in transport, or unlucky anomaly - if it was wider issue, we would most probably hear something about it already.

I think its a problem with the transportation definitely not a problem from the factory  and yet of course I may be wrong but either way I wont buy a console until its a year or so in its cycle after most bugs are fixed because no matter what almost everything that comes out new must have a bug or something

the main reason i don´t buy the ps4 when is launched is because i can't afford it and even if i could afford it i wouldn't buy mostly because the first console almost every time come with bugs and errors and i prefer to wait at least 1 year and give them time to fix all of those errors :P and possibly lunch a slim version with 1TB hard drive :D

• Like 1

I read an article claiming that with 'giveaways', review units, and demo units, there are around 5000 PS4s already in circulation. So far there have been 6 reports of faulty units.

That's a failure rate of 0.12%. The average failure rate for electronics is around 15%.

And one of those reports was user error, with the guy turning the system off while it was updating.

Come Monday morning, we'll have a better idea of whether this is a problem or not. If it is, I'll worry then.

Unless you want to wait 2 years, there most probably won't be a pricedrop.

And DoA is hardly a console bug - probably some kind of damage in transport, or unlucky anomaly - if it was wider issue, we would most probably hear something about it already.

but after two years there will be a healthy collection of games, a bundle deal and maybe a new model. I have a large enough backlog to suffice me.

I've bought a PlayStation, PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 3 on launch day and every single one of them works perfectly to this day. I had a fat PS2 (not my launch one) that survived a 6 or so foot tall drop off a piece of furniture right on it's disc tray (closed) and it worked perfectly. The only thing that killed that machine was my wife dropping a sledehammer on it. I've had extremely good luck with Sony systems so far and I'll be purchasing a PlayStation 4 at midnight tonight and have confidence I'll get many good years of service out of it too. 

Parker

• Like 1

Apparently its happen so often where there is already a troubleshooting method:

http://ps4daily.com/2013/11/playstation-4-bricked/

So,

1. No backwards compatibility

2. Can't play some basic media formats by default (namely MP3s)

3. And now some of them flat out just don't work

Still no one else believes that the PS4 was rushed out and stripped just to sale to everyone at a cheaper price? For goodness sakes, it has a day 1 patch for it to play CDs!

Has anyone considered the fact that Sony announced a while ago that there was a new download that would need t be ran upon startup. This girl thinks that maybe just maybe it isnt available until launch which is why they stated they couldn't do amything until friday. Either that or.... andthis is reacing but some sort of internalclock blocking use before launch date...

Laura Lee

The Only thing that should result from this particular incident, The guy should be somehow be compensated (free year of +) for the competition he won.

Other than that this does not reflect on the system itself. We cannot speculate failure rates until Sony post's shipment #'s. We don't know how many are out...

Apparently its happen so often where there is already a troubleshooting method:

http://ps4daily.com/2013/11/playstation-4-bricked/

So,

1. No backwards compatibility

2. Can't play some basic media formats by default (namely MP3s)

3. And now some of them flat out just don't work

Still no one else believes that the PS4 was rushed out and stripped just to sale to everyone at a cheaper price? For goodness sakes, it has a day 1 patch for it to play CDs!

#1 and #2 have nothing to do with whether or not the system was rushed. They were decisions that Sony made in regards to the PS4, and from what I understand, they are reversing their stance on #2. The price may have been impacted by including a PS3 emulator, but the ability to play MP3s out of the box would have no impact on the price-tag. I honestly would have been surprised if there wasn't a Day 1 patch. Instead of over-reacting, I'll wait and see if this is actually a widespread problem that affects more than <1% of systems. You won't find any electronic hardware that doesn't have some failure rate. 

• Like 2

#1 and #2 have nothing to do with whether or not the system was rushed. They were decisions that Sony made in regards to the PS4, and from what I understand, they are reversing their stance on #2. The price may have been impacted by including a PS3 emulator, but the ability to play MP3s out of the box would have no impact on the price-tag. I honestly would have been surprised if there wasn't a Day 1 patch. Instead of over-reacting, I'll wait and see if this is actually a widespread problem that affects more than <1% of systems. You won't find any electronic hardware that doesn't have some failure rate. 

To clarify, #1 and #2 would fall under my reference to it being "stripped" to accomodate a cheaper price. #3 is associated with it being rushed.

I've bought a PlayStation, PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 3 on launch day and every single one of them works perfectly to this day. I had a fat PS2 (not my launch one) that survived a 6 or so foot tall drop off a piece of furniture right on it's disc tray (closed) and it worked perfectly. The only thing that killed that machine was my wife dropping a sledehammer on it. I've had extremely good luck with Sony systems so far and I'll be purchasing a PlayStation 4 at midnight tonight and have confidence I'll get many good years of service out of it too. 

Parker

My PS2 also survived a number of falls too, still works.  Like you, most of my consoles were launch systems, have never had a single problem.  I still have my launch PS3 that can play PSX/2 games, my PS3 Slim is also a launch system of those versions.  It's just the news focuses way too much on anything negative rather than saying.. oh but the other 99.9% of them seem to work well.