[Fixed March 10, 2023] Can't install games on my PS3. Error code: 80029509

Caquis_1

9 minutes ago, manofgold2020 said:

tbh if this isnt resolved xbox may have an influx of people 

or more people violating tos with jailbreaks 

Xbox is no better, they just delisted a lot of content without warning. I went to download the dlc for hot pursuit (still there last week) and it has been delisted without warning. Mass effect 2 and 3 dlc the same despite being in the back compatible store. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

Xbox is no better, they just delisted a lot of content without warning. I went to download the dlc for hot pursuit (still there last week) and it has been delisted without warning. Mass effect 2 and 3 dlc the same despite being in the back compatible store. 

oh thats actually good to know 
i havent heard about anything like that so thanks 

I think it has something to do with the "date and time" settings. Played around with it and got different errors in the store. Think it is a lag / latency between the user and sony's servers so screw anyone outside the USA no doubt.... If I changed the date to 2007 for instance would get black screen maintenance error like an update. If I back dated to 2021 it would say the same error but a pop up in the store. Was checking that logic since daylight savings changed in New Zealand... and hey they might have f'd up thinking 2023 was a leap year or something. Reminds me of the time issue we had a couple of years back, likely they never properly fixed it since they had planned PS3/Vita to be decom'd by now.

EDIT: I can have the wrong date by a couple of days and get no error. Going to keep trying to change by a couple of seconds to see if that resolves it. Auto time doesnt resolve.

Edited by RDT1
more explaining

56 minutes ago, RDT1 said:

Just got a screen on boot up of the store... "This service is currently undergoing maintenance" NZ (PAL) store

This is a separate issue. The usual fix is to delete the store app and redownload it. Press triangle with it highlighted -> delete -> press the icon again to redownload.

Doesn't always work if the issue is network related though.

8 minutes ago, RDT1 said:

I think it has something to do with the "date and time" settings. Played around with it and got different errors in the store. Think it is a lag / latency between the user and sony's servers so screw anyone outside the USA no doubt.... If I changed the date to 2007 for instance would get black screen maintenance error like an update. If I back dated to 2021 it would say the same error but a pop up in the store. Was checking that logic since daylight savings changed in New Zealand... and hey they might have f'd up thinking 2023 was a leap year or something. Reminds me of the time issue we had a couple of years back, likely they never properly fixed it since they had planned PS3/Vita to be decom'd by now.

EDIT: I can have the wrong date by a couple of days and get no error. Going to keep trying to change by a couple of seconds to see if that resolves it. Auto time doesnt resolve.

Well, since daylight savings time begins in the US this weekend, wonder if there's a connection.

Or this is just a Bug in the servers, or something related to licensing. All the Demos work for download on the PS3 (don't have a vita to try), but all the other games. DLC, PS1 games and full PS3 games do not work... I just wanted a DLC for Dragon Age and i think i will get it later or just keep on trying... I don't need anything else from the store. All other DLC i have are already installed and also games are installed. Just need that one and i can't get it... Like seriously... 

The best thing to do now, if this does happen to not work again at all. Is to Backup everything you have onto another Hard Drive just in case the one on PS3 goes corrupted. I don't know if you can do this on the Vita. 

I am bumped this is happening, but let's see if things will get fixed. Sony should just announce the end of those stores already. We have to face it, they don't care about them anymore and probably won't even do server maintenance... I just need for it to work one single time. Just one. And i will move on with the games i own on disc and the games i have downloaded and all. And will no longer need the store for anything else. 

But i don't know if it will ever get fixed... And i will forever lose that dlc for Dragon Age 2. We will see... 

I just have spoken with playstation support in Poland. They told me that in whole Europe they only get 6 task connected to error 80029509 on Ps3. There is no way that sony will do anything with this issue if we don't send them request to fix it. 6 people is not enough. The Phone number is in their fcb profile. 

They also told me, that i should try to go to fabric settings and install fresh system. However i am afraid that i will lost all game that already have on my hdd and it doesn't help

• Like 1

Ok so got the error 80029509 and for me it's weird so I have accounts from different regions and didn't know about this untill today but for me it popped up once on the Japan store after a purchase after that tried again and I was able to download everything no issue, made a Spainish account today for 3 games and error pops up I google try everything suggested except the factory reset and this is where it gets strange so no success but when fiddling with turning 2fa on and off and getting the new device password well at the moment it's taking like 10 seconds to give me the code but for last device password it was bassically instant, I'm guessing if it doesn't work revoke you password and try a new one turn 2fa off or leave it on I don't think that will matter but keep trying and eventually it'll work maybe I'm going to experiment with it for a bit after trying something else.

So update I've tried the other thing I had in mind download a demo but nothing the demo worked but it didn't help, I tried downloading took like 10 seconds then deactivited the password didn't work new error code and logged out back in with a new password tried from xmb slow 10 second wait then tried from store like click activating error code in about a second tried for awhile nothing tried a new password again straight to store 1 second wait then code, I then deactivated my 2fa and have a new password ready but going to wait an hour before logging in this time to see if anything different happens.

Edited by DEMONICRUBLE18

5 hours ago, luketheduke12 said:

One oddity with this situation is that demos on the PS3 appear to download just fine. I have a plethora of demos--none that I've checked give me an error. Just on PS3, though. Not Vita.

Yes, you can download trials and demos just fine. Probably a licensing issue on their end. Hopefully, it gets fixed asap.

• Blu-ray keys updated
  • LV2 Kernel has been heavily changed because it was compiled using an old source code identical to 4.80
  • VSH has been changed as well

These are actual changes I have no idea what they are other than "Bluray keys". 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, manofgold2020 said:

tbh if this isnt resolved xbox may have an influx of people 

or more people violating tos with jailbreaks 

It’s been less than one day of Sonys oldest, still-barely-supported consoles not being able to download some content that will probably be fixed soon and people acting like PS3 owners are going to get all mad at Sony and go buy Xbox 360s to show how upset they are. 

Call support, report the problem, don’t rely on others to get things fixed. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DEMONICRUBLE18 said:

Ok so got the error 80029509 and for me it's weird so I have accounts from different regions and didn't know about this untill today but for me it popped up once on the Japan store after a purchase after that tried again and I was able to download everything no issue, made a Spainish account today for 3 games and error pops up I google try everything suggested except the factory reset and this is where it gets strange so no success but when fiddling with turning 2fa on and off and getting the new device password well at the moment it's taking like 10 seconds to give me the code but for last device password it was bassically instant, I'm guessing if it doesn't work revoke you password and try a new one turn 2fa off or leave it on I don't think that will matter but keep trying and eventually it'll work maybe I'm going to experiment with it for a bit after trying something else.

So update I've tried the other thing I had in mind download a demo but nothing the demo worked but it didn't help, I tried downloading took like 10 seconds then deactivited the password didn't work new error code and logged out back in with a new password tried from xmb slow 10 second wait then tried from store like click activating error code in about a second tried for awhile nothing tried a new password again straight to store 1 second wait then code, I then deactivated my 2fa and have a new password ready but going to wait an hour before logging in this time to see if anything different happens.

So tested and nothing tried buying a new game on my main account and error code when I try to download which is annoying since it goes to the bottom of my download list unless I get something new and that's like 2k+ games to scroll through to try and download it in the future, it's probably best just to wait until sony releases a fix, which will happen they always fix this issue usually not announced but they usually get these things fixed.

20 hours ago, GlactastarGaming said:

I contacted PS Support about this, provided screenshots, a video and notes that have all now been passed onto an investigation into the issue. So hoping maybe something comes of that and I don't just get told "have you tried clearing HDD space or activating your PS3 console?"

i have just got of line with them two and i was told the same as you would be passed on and will let me klnow with a email

Edited by JEDI_X_WING

Tried on mine and same thing, Sony are bloody useless.  One thing I noticed in my download list is it's changed, everything that requires an unlock key has it directly under or above it which has never been the case for me, also everything seems to be bundled together like a game and all the DLC I have for it, all games in the franchise like Dead Space 2-3-Extraction are together. 

Seems like they have maybe tried to organise it and in the end broken it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HashNameless said:

I just have spoken with playstation support in Poland. They told me that in whole Europe they only get 6 task connected to error 80029509 on Ps3. There is no way that sony will do anything with this issue if we don't send them request to fix it. 6 people is not enough. The Phone number is in their fcb profile. 

They also told me, that i should try to go to fabric settings and install fresh system. However i am afraid that i will lost all game that already have on my hdd and it doesn't help

They can go to hell with their advices. People tried it and it won't fix anything. Sony killed PS3 and Vita with 4.90 and no workaround methods from past two years work anymore. 

• Like 1

Keep getting "An error occurred during the install operation. (80029509)

Does this mean that the Licenses for these games are expired?   Similar to what Nintendo is doing with its shutdown??

Everytime I would like to revisit digital games/ content from plus membership on my PS3 console.   It's sad that I am not able to play these games after all the money towards this plus program over the years, It's a shame that PS is not keeping up with old hardware or promises to their members.  I just wish there's a way or fix to this.  I am afraid that PS4 will receive same outcome in the future as consoles become obsolete.  I tend not to go digital and get as much physical copies as possible to prevent things like this from happening.  Going digital is the future in gaming perhaps and you truely dont own any of your games if you go that route. Is there anything that can be done??    Is anyone having the same issues that I am experiencing?   Any comments is greatly appreciated,  thank you!

This is complete answer drom polish support (i am at work right jow and don't have time to translate but i think that google will do it just fine):

Na początek upewnij się, że posiadasz ustawioną poprawną datę na konsoli, poprzez: [Ustawienia] > [Ustawienia daty i godziny] > [Ustaw automatycznie].

Następnie, w menu [PlayStation Network] podświetl [PlayStation Store] a następnie przyciśnij [Trójkąt] na kontrolerze DualShock 3. Z listy po prawej stronie wybierz i zatwierdź opcję [Usuń]. Po usunięciu aplikacji w jej miejsce będzie możliwość pobrania najnowszej wersji sklepu PlayStation Store wraz z wszystkimi niezbędnymi aktualizacjami.

Kolejnym krokiem będzie wypisanie się ze swojego konta i uruchomienie ponownie konsoli.

Po wykonaniu tych czynności, wpisz się do swojego konta i pobierz aplikację sklepu PlayStation Store - wybierz i uruchom sklep PlayStation Store, aby zainstalować aplikację.

Jeśli to nie pomoże, prosimy wykonać następujące czynności:

Przejdź do [Gra] > [Narzędzie danych gier] > w tym miejscu dostępna będzie zawartość cyfrową, z którą występują problemy. Proszę usunąć grę naciskając przycisk trójkąt na kontrolerze i klikając w opcję "Usuń".

Następnie uruchom konsolę w trybie bezpiecznym i skorzystaj z opcji nr: 3 i 4.

1. Upewnij się, że wskaźnik zasilania na konsoli pokazuje czerwony kolor.

2. Przytrzymaj przycisk zasilania znajdujący się na konsoli; System ponownie włączy i wyłączy się (zobaczysz znowu czerwone światło na konsoli).

3. Kiedy system zostanie zamknięty, ponownie naciśnij przycisk włączenia, aż do usłyszenia dwóch kolejnych sygnałów.

4. Po usłyszeniu dwóch sygnałów, zdejmij palec z przycisku włączenia.

5. Podłącz kontroler DualShock 3 przez kabel USB, a następnie naciśnij przycisk PS.

6. Na ekranie zobaczysz menu w trybie bezpiecznym (Recovery Menu).

Spośród dostępnych opcji wybierz:

3. Przywróć system plików - opcja ta pozwala na odbudowę uszkodzonych plików odpowiadających za poprawne uruchamianie się konsoli. Krok ten nie powinien usunąć żadnych zapisanych danych na konsoli.

4. Ponownie odbuduj bazę danych - opcja ta jest przydatna w momencie, gdy bez powodu straciłeś zapisane dane na konsoli. Ponadto opcja ta naprawia uszkodzone pliki bazy danych eliminując problemy z uruchamianiem niektórych funkcji PlayStation 3. Krok ten nie powinien usunąć żadnych zapisanych danych na konsoli.

Po wykonaniu tych czynności pobierz grę i zainstaluj.

Jeśli to nie pomoże, przetestuj inne połączenie internetowe.

Mamy nadzieję, że to pomoże, ale jeśli masz jakiekolwiek inne pytania, skontaktuj się z Centrum Obsługi Klienta PlayStation, a jeden z naszych konsultantów z przyjemnością udzieli Tobie pomocy.

4 minutes ago, HashNameless said:

This is complete answer drom polish support (i am at work right jow and don't have time to translate but i think that google will do it just fine):

Na początek upewnij się, że posiadasz ustawioną poprawną datę na konsoli, poprzez: [Ustawienia] > [Ustawienia daty i godziny] > [Ustaw automatycznie].

Następnie, w menu [PlayStation Network] podświetl [PlayStation Store] a następnie przyciśnij [Trójkąt] na kontrolerze DualShock 3. Z listy po prawej stronie wybierz i zatwierdź opcję [Usuń]. Po usunięciu aplikacji w jej miejsce będzie możliwość pobrania najnowszej wersji sklepu PlayStation Store wraz z wszystkimi niezbędnymi aktualizacjami.

Kolejnym krokiem będzie wypisanie się ze swojego konta i uruchomienie ponownie konsoli.

Po wykonaniu tych czynności, wpisz się do swojego konta i pobierz aplikację sklepu PlayStation Store - wybierz i uruchom sklep PlayStation Store, aby zainstalować aplikację.

Jeśli to nie pomoże, prosimy wykonać następujące czynności:

Przejdź do [Gra] > [Narzędzie danych gier] > w tym miejscu dostępna będzie zawartość cyfrową, z którą występują problemy. Proszę usunąć grę naciskając przycisk trójkąt na kontrolerze i klikając w opcję "Usuń".

Następnie uruchom konsolę w trybie bezpiecznym i skorzystaj z opcji nr: 3 i 4.

1. Upewnij się, że wskaźnik zasilania na konsoli pokazuje czerwony kolor.

2. Przytrzymaj przycisk zasilania znajdujący się na konsoli; System ponownie włączy i wyłączy się (zobaczysz znowu czerwone światło na konsoli).

3. Kiedy system zostanie zamknięty, ponownie naciśnij przycisk włączenia, aż do usłyszenia dwóch kolejnych sygnałów.

4. Po usłyszeniu dwóch sygnałów, zdejmij palec z przycisku włączenia.

5. Podłącz kontroler DualShock 3 przez kabel USB, a następnie naciśnij przycisk PS.

6. Na ekranie zobaczysz menu w trybie bezpiecznym (Recovery Menu).

Spośród dostępnych opcji wybierz:

3. Przywróć system plików - opcja ta pozwala na odbudowę uszkodzonych plików odpowiadających za poprawne uruchamianie się konsoli. Krok ten nie powinien usunąć żadnych zapisanych danych na konsoli.

4. Ponownie odbuduj bazę danych - opcja ta jest przydatna w momencie, gdy bez powodu straciłeś zapisane dane na konsoli. Ponadto opcja ta naprawia uszkodzone pliki bazy danych eliminując problemy z uruchamianiem niektórych funkcji PlayStation 3. Krok ten nie powinien usunąć żadnych zapisanych danych na konsoli.

Po wykonaniu tych czynności pobierz grę i zainstaluj.

Jeśli to nie pomoże, przetestuj inne połączenie internetowe.

Mamy nadzieję, że to pomoże, ale jeśli masz jakiekolwiek inne pytania, skontaktuj się z Centrum Obsługi Klienta PlayStation, a jeden z naszych konsultantów z przyjemnością udzieli Tobie pomocy.

Translation straight from Google gotta say probably the most accurate translation I've ever seen especially considering the length. 

first, make sure you have the correct date set on your console via: [Settings] > [Date & Time Settings] > [Set Automatically].

Then, in the [PlayStation Network] menu, highlight [PlayStation Store] and then press the [Triangle] button on the DualShock 3 controller. From the list on the right, select and confirm the [Delete] option.  After deleting the app, you will be able to download the latest version of the PlayStation Store in its place with all necessary updates.

The next step will be to sign out of your account and restart your console.

Once done, sign in to your account and download the PlayStation Store app - select and launch PlayStation Store to install the app.

If that doesn't help, please do the following:

Go to [Game] > [Game Data Utility] > digital content with issues will be available here.  Please delete the game by pressing the triangle button on your controller and clicking "Delete".

Then start the console in safe mode and use option no: 3 and 4.

1. Make sure the power indicator on the console shows red.

2. Hold down the power button on the console;  The system will turn on and off again (you will see a red light on the console again).

3. When the system is shut down, press the power button again until you hear two more beeps.

4. After you hear two beeps, take your finger off the power button.

5. Connect the DualShock 3 controller via the USB cable, then press the PS button.

6. You will see the recovery menu on the screen.

Choose from the available options:

3. Restore file system - this option allows you to rebuild damaged files responsible for the proper launching of the console.  This step should not delete any saved data on the console.

4. Rebuild the database - this option is useful when you have lost saved data on the console for no reason.  In addition, this option fixes corrupted database files, eliminating problems with launching certain PlayStation 3 functions. This step should not delete any saved data on the console.

After completing these steps, download the game and install it.

If that doesn't help, try a different internet connection.

We hope this helps, but if you have any other questions, please contact the PlayStation Customer Care Center and one of our consultants will be more than happy to assist you.