*No Patches for Some PS3 Games*

DeidaraTV

So I caved and bought the UK version of Castlevania LoS. Found a copy for right about $20 after tax and shipping, and if this ends up being the ticket for NA players to get 100% I don't want to be stuck paying inflated prices later. My hope is that Sony fixes this patching issue for everyone and I end up having wasted $20. Otherwise, this should be in my mailbox in about two weeks and I'll post my results on how compatible everything is with the NA release. I'll be checking trophy list compatibility, save file compatibility, and DLC compatibility. I'm about 99% sure I'm going to have to rebuy the DLC so I am preparing myself for that but I will test it anyway as I'm sure somebody will want to know.

12 minutes ago, TheAbyssWalker61 said:

I have this quote "this game is already on the latest version" with Demon souls, Alice Madness returns, Lollipop Chainsaw, Folklore, Asura Wrath, Deus Ex human revolution and all my ps3 games physicial so i dont have problem with trophies right?, because with this games trophies pop with no problem, am i right?

It really depends on the games. Some may let you platinum/complete them without any dlcs or update patches, some may trophies may be stuck inside the patches or DLCs, and some may have a patch to fix "buggy" trophies.

Edited by KentaZXi

1 minute ago, KentaZXi said:

It really depends on the games. Some may let you platinum/complete them without any dlcs or update patches, some may trophies may be stuck inside the patches or DLCs, and some may have a patch to fix "buggy" trophies.

Well demon souls doesnt have buggy trophies so i guess trophies are not having a problem, the trophies will be a problem the day playstation network close and that will be in a future, by the way all the games  that say  " this game is already on the latest version" are fine i mean doesnt need more updates so i dont understand all the drama

4 minutes ago, TheAbyssWalker61 said:

Well demon souls doesnt have buggy trophies so i guess trophies are not having a problem, the trophies will be a problem the day playstation network close and that will be in a future, by the way all the games  that say  " this game is already on the latest version" are fine i mean doesnt need more updates so i dont understand all the drama

well for example, Castlevania Lords of shadow has a patch thats not obtainable right now to use the two DLCS. People were trying to update the game. and EVEN though they'll get the message "already on the latest version", when they check the information (pressing triangle to check) their game is stuck at v1.00. the latest version for that game is 1.03 I think. So the whole "drama" is Sony removing the patches away from people and hiding them under the "already on the latest version" message.

Edited by KentaZXi
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TheAbyssWalker61 said:

by the way all the games  that say  " this game is already on the latest version" are fine i mean doesnt need more updates so i dont understand all the drama

It really depends on the game. I'm pretty sure Demon's Souls does not require online at all for Platinum so you can probably totally play that unpatched and be okay. The reason some of us are concerned over games like Castlevania is that being unpatched locks us out of playing the DLC, which means 100% could become unobtainable despite us having paid for and having the actual DLC on our console.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Arcerdo said:

Has anyone tried contacting Playstation support about this? If not, then I have at least sent a request asking what exactly is going on.

I should get a reply within next 24 hours.

Casdicat was talking to both Sony and Konami with basically no results.

26 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

It really depends on the game. I'm pretty sure Demon's Souls does not require online at all for Platinum so you can probably totally play that unpatched and be okay. The reason some of us are concerned over games like Castlevania is that being unpatched locks us out of playing the DLC, which means 100% could become unobtainable despite us having paid for and having the actual DLC on our console.

After all this Black Sabbath, i can understand now i was confused, ok that it's a f*cking mess, i can't understand what it's Sony doing , i have been angry with them but not so much as now... I really don't have Castlevania but it's a Shame for the people who can't download the patch at this moment for the 100% and yes, Demon souls doesn't have online so it's ok, and mgs4 in My case it's ok too, folklore, Alice Madness(100% it's with american mcgee free in the store), Lollipop chainsaw, so the advice here it's, go to upload all the patch of the games? 

Edited by TheAbyssWalker61

21 minutes ago, Arcerdo said:

Has anyone tried contacting Playstation support about this? If not, then I have at least sent a request asking what exactly is going on.

I should get a reply within next 24 hours.

Konami support said that it's out of their hands as the update is on sony's servers.

Sony support insisted that nothing is wrong and servers are all working great and implied that there is a problem with my machine and/or my ability to update properly.

25 minutes ago, KentaZXi said:

well for example, Castlevania Lords of shadow has a patch thats not obtainable right now to use the two DLCS. People were trying to update the game. and EVEN though they'll get the message "already on the latest version", when they check the information (pressing triangle to check) their game is stuck at v1.00. the latest version for that game is 1.03 I think. So the whole "drama" is Sony removing the patches away from people and hiding them under the "already on the latest version" message.

I hope this listo doesn't get bigger and they can fix the problems with The games in this listo, what a shame Playstation it's going down with things like that , f*ck Ryan 

Hey all, I was on the PS3 online store just a few minutes ago when suddenly I was thrown out, and shortly afterwards signed out entirely. My bet is Sony is currently fixing the update file issues, but that’s just a wild guess.

Edit: I have tried multiple times to sign back into my account to no avail. 

Error code: 80710016

Edited by HoorayForTyler

Does Sly Cooper Thieves In Time need an update to be able to transfer save between PS3 and Vita? Because I’m at v1.00, no update. NA Digital.

Same for Quantum Conundrum. NA Digital. I’m at v1.00, no update and I’m worried that I buy the DLC and I can’t even play them. Did it even have an update in the first place to support DLC? Or is it supported from the get-go?

Edited by MaxieM0us3

17 minutes ago, s-cyrax said:

Wolfenstein

Patch 1.02 is not downloaded. version 1.0 the last
Anybody check please.

Thanks for reminding me, I forgot I had that game and Resistance 3 in a CD folder/pouch. 

I updated my physical game list back in page 14, I have downloaded Wolfenstien (USA/BLUS30298) patch and currently downloading patches for Resistance 3

Just now, KentaZXi said:

Thanks for reminding me, I forgot I had that game and Resistance 3 in a CD folder/pouch. 

I updated my physical game list back in page 14, I have downloaded Wolfenstien (USA/BLUS30298) patch and currently downloading patches for Resistance 3

Strange, my game says that 1.0 is the last. EU ver.

I just bought the UK version of Dante's Inferno and all DLC digitally a few days ago. Game stuck at version 1.00.

EDIT: The digital UK edition is fully patched at ver. 1.00. DLC is completely functional.
All information I have found online has said 1.04 is the most recent patch but I suppose that only applies to the disc version.

Edited by NinjaKlown17
Correcting misinformation

1 minute ago, NinjaKlown17 said:

I just bought the UK version of Dante's Inferno and all DLC digitally a few days ago. Game stuck at version 1.00.

I'm going to be pissed if I wasted $42 on this ?

Maybe there is a patch inside
Have you downloaded and tested and the DLC is not working?

1 hour ago, TheAbyssWalker61 said:

I have this quote "this game is already on the latest version" with Demon souls, Alice Madness returns, Lollipop Chainsaw, Folklore, Asura Wrath, Deus Ex hu...’

my EU disc version of folklore pulled an update of 1.10 yesterday and installed.