Game thoughts

5 hours ago, CB7Tuner91 said:

Just thinking out loud here, but im so tired of these cash grab platinums. Between the Rata games and ones like these that I see come out every week, it's really starting to put me off trophy hunting. Its watered down trophy hunting as a whole. Every time I see someone with a high trophy count and I check their account and see its littered with games like these I immediately back out. Don't get me wrong im not judging anyone that does these. I myself jumped on the Rata train at first and did 9 or 10 games about a year ago and just didn't like how I felt after platinuming them, I had no feeling of satisfaction because they required no effort. If I could id delete them from my account I would. 

Yeah, I feel the same way. I've got my fair share of shitty platinum games, but I'm really trying to stay away from them from now on. I play so many games and sometimes I just need a quick one to play for the day but I'm just not going to get these awful games anymore.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CB7Tuner91 said:

Just thinking out loud here, but im so tired of these cash grab platinums. Between the Rata games and ones like these that I see come out every week, it's really starting to put me off trophy hunting. Its watered down trophy hunting as a whole. Every time I see someone with a high trophy count and I check their account and see its littered with games like these I immediately back out. Don't get me wrong im not judging anyone that does these. I myself jumped on the Rata train at first and did 9 or 10 games about a year ago and just didn't like how I felt after platinuming them, I had no feeling of satisfaction because they required no effort. If I could id delete them from my account I would. 

Same.
Not being salty or anything but one glance at my country's leaderboards, it's been filled to the brim with people who got themselves placed so high in the rankings thanks to having ridiculous stacks of these cheap ass plats in their profiles it's not funny.  There is this one user who, in a single month, got over 3500 trophies and yup, you guessed it, all of them were from Ratalaika games.  I once were interested in the leaderboards but not anymore.  You just don't have a chance against this kind of p(l)ayers.  I've been lately focusing on lowering my trophy rarity average to below 50% instead.  Not gonna lie, I also have my share of those easy peasy games on my profile as I like to play games from every genre even if I end up not liking it, but the way these people are doing it is beyond ludicrous.

Edited by milanbarca82
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, CB7Tuner91 said:

Completely agree. Even crap like Orc Slayer and Albedo: Eyes from Outer Space took far more effort to get than this mess. 

I say roughly 3 or 4 accounts that are higher rank than me on the leaderboards are ‘trophy whore’ accounts. I find the occasional high trophy list (15,000 - 20,000+) that is decent but it isn’t often I find one. 

My trophy average rarity is under 43 percent, which is lower than most people who are my rank or higher on the leaderboards. I have more than my fair share of easy games and cheap stacks.

1 hour ago, milanbarca82 said:

Same.
Not being salty or anything but one glance at my country's leaderboards, it's been filled to the brim with people who got themselves placed so high in the rankings thanks to having ridiculous stacks of these cheap ass plats in their profiles it's not funny.  There is this one user who, in a single month, got over 3500 trophies and yup, you guessed it, all of them were from Ratalaika games.  I once were interested in the leaderboards but not anymore.  You just don't have a chance against this kind of p(l)ayers.  I've been lately focusing on lowering my rarity average to below 50% instead.  Not gonna lie, I also have my share of those games on my profile as I like to play games from every genre even if I end up not liking it, but the way these people are doing it is beyond ludicrous.

I can already tell that out of those 3,500 trophies, many of those are Gold trophies. Even I would bore myself out to death by getting a few of those easy Rata stacks (which would never happen), because they are not as rewarding as getting actual Platinum trophies from games like Darksiders series, Metro series, Uncharted series, and even Plague Inc. Evolved.

Edited by test-dummy-99
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, test-dummy-99 said:

I can already tell that out of those 3,500 trophies, many of those are Gold trophies. Even I would bore myself out to death by getting a few of those easy Rata stacks (which would never happen), because they are not as rewarding as getting actual Platinum trophies from games like Darksiders series, Metro series, Uncharted series, and even Plague Inc. Evolved.

True.
I am currently grinding my ass off for one super annoying/RNG-depended trophy in Warriors Orochi 4 and guess what, it is a Silver trophy!  Meanwhile, games like this and most of Rata's give Gold trophies for much less effort.  smh.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Drag-On-Detritus said:

DaivRules posted just two posts after it so Dave my question for you is, as a moderator why didn't you check that video? Is stuff here deleted only through reports? Did you really not see that video, (the thumbnail of which looked pretty suspicious) & not bother to check out what the content is? 

That video was certainly not there when I posted and was edited in later. The moderators heavily rely on reports to point out questionable posts.

Not reporting doesn’t help when moderators don’t review every post and every edit all the members make in the forums.

36 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

That video was certainly not there when I posted and was edited in later. The moderators heavily rely on reports to point out questionable posts.

Not reporting doesn’t help when moderators don’t review every post and every edit all the members make in the forums.

It was all just a bit bizarre to me. Values & whatever else aside cheers for cleansing all that.

That's why I referred to the blatant  Christian message of the game in the thread title and not "game thoughts", because it tends to turn into another debate about how easy platinums ruin trophy hunting.

It is more important to me to call out what this company does.

3 hours ago, Thrillhelm said:

That's why I referred to the blatant  Christian message of the game in the thread title and not "game thoughts", because it tends to turn into another debate about how easy platinums ruin trophy hunting.

http://www.breakthroughgaming.com/
https://www.myronkevantynesjr.com/

There's their websites. Them being blatantly Christian isn't up for debate or argument. None of their goals or values go against the general populace.

I happen to live in a country where talking about any religion isn't illegal.

5 hours ago, Thrillhelm said:

Yeah the game pretty blatantly calls out what the company is about too. I don’t think it’s a dirty secret.

On 4/4/2021 at 5:35 PM, milanbarca82 said:

Same.
Not being salty or anything but one glance at my country's leaderboards, it's been filled to the brim with people who got themselves placed so high in the rankings thanks to having ridiculous stacks of these cheap ass plats in their profiles it's not funny.  There is this one user who, in a single month, got over 3500 trophies and yup, you guessed it, all of them were from Ratalaika games.  I once were interested in the leaderboards but not anymore.  You just don't have a chance against this kind of p(l)ayers.  I've been lately focusing on lowering my trophy rarity average to below 50% instead.  Not gonna lie, I also have my share of those easy peasy games on my profile as I like to play games from every genre even if I end up not liking it, but the way these people are doing it is beyond ludicrous.

21 hours ago, milanbarca82 said:

True.
I am currently grinding my ass off for one super annoying/RNG-depended trophy in Warriors Orochi 4 and guess what, it is a Silver trophy!  Meanwhile, games like this and most of Rata's give Gold trophies for much less effort.  smh.

You have a decent amount of ultra rare, very rare and rare trophies. A good majority of people at your rank have little to hardly any ultra rares and very rare trophies. There are literally people whose trophy profiles are basically over 90 percent Ratalaika Games.

A few Ratalaika Games is fine. I have my share of easy games and a number of easy stacks (Sound Shapes and Sly Cooper 4). But those guys in contrast are deliberately doing easy games to chase the leaderboard rankings. It's just boring in my opinion.

• Like 1

One of my friends has more golds than bronze trophies.

Which of course should actually be impossible since most games usually have 1-5 gold trophies, but of course it's now possible t when you have many Rata games and games such as this one that have about 12 golds and 1 platinum trophy.

This games looks cheesier than even my name is Mayo. Not sure how low the bar can get.

The final step I guess is, making a "game" and just clicking the start button and opening up a menu and then you get all the trophies given to you.

"Trophy popper deluxe 2 Turbo"

or something like that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

One of my friends has more golds than bronze trophies.

Which of course should actually be impossible since most games usually have 1-5 gold trophies, but of course it's now possible t when you have many Rata games and games such as this one that have about 12 golds and 1 platinum trophy.

This games looks cheesier than even my name is Mayo. Not sure how low the bar can get.

The final step I guess is, making a "game" and just clicking the start button and opening up a menu and then you get all the trophies given to you.

"Trophy popper deluxe 2 Turbo"

or something like that.

Slyde already does that. You get all the trophies in less than 10 - 20 seconds.

Edited by AJ_Radio

30 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

On my list, I have way too many Rata games. I stopped playing those cheap games over a year ago because of how bad it looked. I’m now focusing on getting rarer trophies. Also trying to get all my decent games back up to the top so I can have all the cheap platinums down in the bottom of my list and hopefully to be forgotten one day lol

54 minutes ago, SKiL_Clash said:

On my list, I have way too many Rata games. I stopped playing those cheap games over a year ago because of how bad it looked. I’m now focusing on getting rarer trophies. Also trying to get all my decent games back up to the top so I can have all the cheap platinums down in the bottom of my list and hopefully to be forgotten one day lol

So far I've only 1 Rata game before I knew what Rata was. The Schoolboy Vs Bullies game, which isn't that great, although I tend to buy any scrolling beat-em-ups these days.

Well technical I have 2, since Turrican is released by Rata, but that game has hard trophies and you can just play the non challenge mode and have no trophies on it.

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

The bottom of the barrel was already reached then..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheSleepyBeauty said:

Sorry but I l don't like crazy American Christianity in my videogames. We have enough of that in politics. Pass.

That’s totally your call but the moment we start generalizing like “crazy American Christianity” is the moment we lose the ability to see eye to eye and mend rifts between us

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I watched a fellow trophy hunter on Twitch play this last night, as well as Baseball. There was a bit of gamer rage involved as Baseball was being played legit without the cheese. I'm changing my stance slightly now to include that these games are, at minimum, entertaining stream content.

Edited by AihaLoveleaf
Grammar
  • Like 1