Game thoughts

As with the other two games from  this company (the blue cross in the logo is for a reason) the game is an attempt to bring you closer to the bible, and this time more obvious than ever by having an explanation text that comes up a few after a few seconds at the starting screen.

The Hebrew 12 they refer to is about asking God for forgiveness.

7 minutes ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

In order to pop the platinum, you have to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and savior.

Damn, as a completionist 100 percent profiler, I'll have to skip this game then. Shame because I was looking forward to it 

the smallest /s

• Like 3

I wounder on how far games can go with religion or even people talking about different religion‘s on PSN?

Is there a rule by Sony on how far they can go?

Or does Sony let that open for the government (Company that put the Age Rating on the Games) to decide on it?

Edited by Jeffboy265

7 minutes ago, Thrillhelm said:

Game might cause troubles if you life in a country where proselytizing is forbidden and you download it, it may also be offensive to people of a different religious belief.

Well then they probably should have looked at the Christian symbol right on the game picture or read the first sentence of the product description to be the minimal amount of informed consumer. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jeffboy265 said:

I wounder on how far games can go with religion or even people talking about different religion‘s on PSN?

Is there a rule by Sony on how far they can go?

Or does Sony let that open for the government (Company that put the Age Rating on the Games) to decide on it?

Most of Atlus's games are heavily inspired by different religions, though Persona 4 and 5 are kinda lax on that. Nocturne is soon to be released in the West on the Switch and PS4.

The Castlevania games are heavily influenced by Christianity and there's two collections (maybe more) on the PSN.

A lot of Japanese games have had the "church is the bad guy" trope whether it's an actual religion or a fictional one. I couldn't tell you if any of them are on the PSN though.

1 hour ago, EdinhoN said:

Actually it offends me by stating it's "football"

1 hour ago, Jeffboy265 said:

No, in the USA they would call this „Soccer“.

And this is NA region only.

There's a misunderstanding on the naming origin of the game. 'Soccer' as it is known in the US, was originated in England when the Football Association abbreviated the name to 'Assoccer' that was then further shortened to 'soccer' in roughly 1863, or there about. This was done so to bring a further clarification between the 'Football Association' and the 'Rugby Football Union.'

The name of soccer was, at one time, widely recognized in the EU and England and was growing in popularity during the World War II era. However, at some point after the war, there was a growing opinion that the perversion of American culture influences on the game created a derogatory prestige against the British in the early to mid 1980's. This grew rapidly to the point where the term 'soccer' was mostly unrecognized in the 90's and has since been 'football' in most EU countries as the correct referencing name to the game.

The US actually did try to add 'football' to the name, but it was too confusing and wordy for the governing body of sport. It was once called the United States Soccer Football Association, and was formally changed to US Soccer Federation in 1975 to simplify and remove confusion.

If anything, if anyone were to blame, should you be looking to point fingers, it should be towards England for popularizing the term originally. But in the end, I think it is more productive to celebrate the game and not get crossed up in a name.

Edited by Dreggit
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

Click bait game as well, it's not even football, just American hand egg lol.

American Hand Egg is funny! I've never heard it before, haha

I hate every religion and want them all to be destroyed but I don't care if a game has a bible verse in it. I don't care if it's made by some kid during sunday school or a nun on a typewriter. Plenty of games celebrate "evil" and they don't affect us. A game suggesting you look in a story book won't either.