Abandoned

Ghost

5 hours ago, Ptirle said:

That turkish guy said that he doesn't have anything to do with Kojima and Silent Hills or whatever and he really didn't do much before, he just used basic assets from unreal engine and other engines and made some demo games from that, this Abandoned game is no different. Game looks like shit.

You realize that, according to them, we have not seen any real footage of Abandoned yet.  So we don’t know what it looks like. That trailer was put together quickly with $60 asset pack just to have something to show fast. What makes it fishy is a small indie studio does that but then are reportedly working with or hired multiple outsourcing studios like the above mentioned Nuare that worked on AAA titles.

3 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

?‍♂️

Edited by NMErickson

Yeah, I'm off the Kojima bandwagon.  Coincidences aside, reality is poking its (turtle)neck out finally.

Feel for this team, who went from releasing this little nothing trailer to having the world breathing down their necks in a few short days.  Huge growing pains incoming as they're hoisted to a bigger stage than they're ready for (which probably means delays and underwhelming reveals)... I would keep our expectations in check.  Hopefully they find their way through it and release something decent.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Dreakon13 said:

Yeah, I'm off the Kojima bandwagon.  Coincidences aside, reality is poking its (turtle)neck out finally.

Feel for this team, who went from releasing this little nothing trailer to having the world breathing down their necks in a few short days.  Huge growing pains incoming as they're hoisted to a bigger stage than they're ready for (which probably means delays and underwhelming reveals)... I would keep our expectations in check.  Hopefully they find their way through it and release something decent.

I couldn’t agree more with that second part. It’s just too bad they couldn’t capitalize off all the hype. I’m less excited for Abandoned now because of the two month delay to see something we don’t even know about. Well regardless, good luck to that team, they have been through a lot.

I can’t ignore the HK involvement completely though because of all the breadcrumbs and the previous Phantom Pain stunt but it does seem like there’s a slim chance now. Which is still the best chance we’ve had since PT revealed the Silent Hills trailer.

Edited by NMErickson

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

Thanks for keeping up with this. I have added the newest info to my first post. At nearly 2 GB, a part of me wants to think it has something more than just trailers, ie a demo in it. Even if it’s a just demo for Blue Box’s Abandoned project and not related to Silent Hill. Because if it was real time trailers app it makes it sound like it would stream the trailers which would take up no space. The only thing that would take up space is the UI and nearly 2GB is an awful lot for just menus and screens. Also, PT is a measly 1.37 GB so we have seen what can be accomplished with little space. But maybe it is just is 2 GB of promotional stuff, who the hell knows. It’s all too weird and we’ll just have to wait and see.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, BGriff1986 said:

They’re really not helping themselves if they truly are the small dev that they’re insisting they are…

I know....its funny...just popped in at twitter...it's blowing up with people who's minds are melting, positive they are getting something from Kojima...

22 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

They’re really not helping themselves if they truly are the small dev that they’re insisting they are…

At the very least, I'm starting to not feel too bad if it does blow up in their faces.

Kojima is more subtle than this though right?  P.T. was a genuine surprise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, craig_obviously said:

I know....its funny...just popped in at twitter...it's blowing up with people who's minds are melting, positive they are getting something from Kojima...

Yeah, the Kojima theory’s been circulating for a few weeks now. When the devs delayed the trailer they put out the announcement about how they were getting stressed out by the rumours. At the time I kinda felt sorry for them, but with a graphic like this they know exactly what they’re doing

Anybody take a nice look at the photo posted with this game on the PS App? The way it has a door on the left seemingly barricaded?

Jason Longfield is the known protagonist of Abandoned.

Also looking through Silent Hill Fandom and what do I find?

https://silenthill.fandom.com/wiki/Jason

"Jason is a former soldier introduced in Among the Damned. Suffering from survivor's guilt, Jason had decided to end his life. While en route to the place he intended to carry the act out at, he runs his car off of the road to avoid hitting a figure that had darted in front of him.

Since that event, Jason has suffered from a recurring nightmare. The episodes start off with him standing atop a mountain ridge with a pistol in his hand, ready to kill himself. This vision never lasts long before it transitions to the memory of the attack on Jason's unit. Rather than human combatants in his dreams, it's monsters that beset his unit.

It is this dream that compels Jason to finally attempt suicide and head out to that mountain ridge in his dream. That ridge, however, lies near Silent Hill, and Jason finds himself swerving off of the road in an attempt to not hit a figure that ran out in front of his car as he passed near the town."

More coincidences'? Probably. But...man... they not helping themselves ?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
I would not be surprised at all if the patch and trailer finally drops tomorrow after four delays and conveniently on the anniversary of PT. Blue Box have doing this all along with their teases and questionable posts. When others suggested it’s a way to postpone it until PT Day, Blue Box seemed to even acknowledge it with their tweet today:

“We won't be delaying the patch to a specific date, but release it as soon as we have resolved it…”

I hadn’t heard of this website before today but the author of this article from today pretty much sums up my thoughts:
  • Like 2

The app has been updated finally. On Friday the 13th no less ?. I won’t post spoilers here in case someone is just checking new posts but if you must know or can’t be bothered to download the app, I have updated my post on the first page with the new content. It’s the fifth post and check near the bottom for #15.

Edited by NMErickson
Fixed number: #15

So indie developers have a real struggle to be featured on Playstation, and here those folks having Playstation studio logo, and own app, showing nothing even after a month of delaying. Something makes me think this studio is what it looks like from its history. Finished games - none.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

So indie developers have a real struggle to be featured on Playstation, and here those folks having Playstation studio logo, and own app, showing nothing even after a month of delaying. Something makes me think this studio is what it looks like from its history. Finished games - none.

Seriously. Their teases then numerous delays are not building good faith with gamers. At this point, if this is not a front for something bigger and just viral marketing for their indie game then they don’t deliver, they’re going to get nuclear heat from fans. If it took this long for what we have so far, will we ever get a full game? Who knows, maybe they’ll surprise us. I still wonder how they got their own fancy dedicated app ?

• Like 2

It's over, lol :D

It's not a Silent Hill or Metal Gear, Kojima and Konami are not involved, etc

‘Abandoned’ creator Hasan Kahraman: “It’s not really a horror game – it’s not what people think”

Blue Box Game Studios head Hasan Kahraman takes us inside the mysterious PS5 shooter

https://www.nme.com/features/gaming-features/abandoned-creator-hasan-kahraman-its-not-really-a-horror-game-its-not-what-people-think-3020184

46 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

It's over, lol :D

It's not a Silent Hill or Metal Gear, Kojima and Konami are not involved, etc

‘Abandoned’ creator Hasan Kahraman: “It’s not really a horror game – it’s not what people think”

Blue Box Game Studios head Hasan Kahraman takes us inside the mysterious PS5 shooter

https://www.nme.com/features/gaming-features/abandoned-creator-hasan-kahraman-its-not-really-a-horror-game-its-not-what-people-think-3020184

I’d say the majority have shifted to that conclusion already. Now are just disappointed from their marketing tactics, teases, & constantly not delivering on their word.

At the end of article he says “I’m really depressed right now,” added Kahraman. “I can’t sleep, I can’t eat. The biggest thing that’s bugging me is just that people are labelling us as scammers. That is the big thing that really, really hurts me.” Then it says Abandoned is set to launch on PS5 sometime in 2022. So already delayed from their Q4 2021 announcement just a few months ago.

He could of done his health a favor and fans a favor by not revealing his game until they have more content ready and it’s closer to being done. He literally has four seconds of footage lol. I hate when companies reveal games so far in advance. And with their track record of unfinished games and delays, I doubt it it will even make 2022, if ever.

Edited by NMErickson
  • Like 2

On 8/14/2021 at 2:35 PM, Bloodytears1666 said:

They were given one blog post on the PS Blog and that's it. The rest of the hype and the app they built themselves. Not sure what you mean by "PlayStation studio logo". This certainly isn't published by PlayStation. Look at the PS Blog right now and you will see at least half a dozen indies featured on the first page so an indie game getting room on the PS Blog is not abnormal. It was Blue Box together with Silent Hill and Kojima fans who built this hype, not Sony. 

Edited by iriihutoR84
  • Like 3