Trophy thoughts?

No longer here

7 minutes ago, TrophyClipsYT said:

Yeah, anyone can write anything. Powerpyx isn't some kind of god that gets everything right 100% of the time. The developers recommend it, they would have tested it.

Also worth reminding that, we trophy hunters are a minority and shouldn't be the primary type of players they need to please/cater to.

Not saying that I'm okay with the trophies being buggy and all, but also understand why that wouldn't be/have been Housemarque's priority.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DragonSpear2462 said:

Technically speaking, the list is still very simple and straightforward, just that the game itself is hard, which would have been difficult for people to gauge before playing.

Goes for every unreleased game, which is why having an opinion on the difficulty of a game one hasn't even played yet is pretty daft.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Johnny_Stargasm said:

I have to say I don't understand his point either.

I, for example, have all the skill needed to plat this game. But I just can't afford playing for four or five hours straight just to make real progress in the game.

So a save&quit feature would actually allow me to play and plat this game. No skill or percentage non-sense in this simple statement.

That's nonsense though. As you progress and complete the biomes you can literally skip to the one you want instead of doing the entire game from start to finish. A run only takes that long if you play through every single biome which isn't necessary. The only downside to this is that you'll have less artifacts, parasites and shards but they give you a proficiency shard upon entering the level you want which will make all the guns that drop a level high enough to where you're not at a huge disadvantage for skipping. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

Goes for every unreleased game, which is why having an opinion on the difficulty of a game one hasn't even played yet is pretty daft.

I think having an opinion is fine as long as you keep an open mind/hold judgement once more information is released. And, it's okay to not agree with someone. Just...don't start treating the other as an idiot or w/e. 
(I'm not pointing fingers at you or anyone in particular. Just giving my two cents.)

2 hours ago, DragonSpear2462 said:

Technically speaking, the list is still very simple and straightforward, just that the game itself is hard, which would have been difficult for people to gauge before playing.

That was the whole point, people judging the difficulty of a game based on a trophy list when it was clearly expected to be a challenging game from the previews.

• Like 2

I think I'll skip this game, with how hard the platinum is. I have enough unfinished hard games on my account as it is. Need for Speed Prestige, Trials Fusion, Superhot VR, 10 second ninja. Those alone would take at least 300 hours of frustration to get 100% in. Especially Trials Fusion.

1 hour ago, me_is_caveman said:

I think I'll skip this game, with how hard the platinum is. I have enough unfinished hard games on my account as it is. Need for Speed Prestige, Trials Fusion, Superhot VR, 10 second ninja. Those alone would take at least 300 hours of frustration to get 100% in. Especially Trials Fusion.

If you want to play the game, why would you skip it? I never understood some trophy hunters' mindset that what they play is dictated solely by the trophy list. Would you rather 100% 5 garbage games over getting 90% on a game you enjoyed?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, me_is_caveman said:

You can play the game on an alternate account if the % is what's bothering you. Don't skip an amazing game just because of trophies.

• Like 1

By any means, how people were supposed to know collectibles were luck-based? It was quite obv. that the game itself would demand some skill, patience, and time(practice), I stated it very clearly when I first elevated the trophy list. Sure, a short and straightforward list does not always mean an easy plat but if people have only had the cover of the book to judge then what the f. would you expect them to get impressions from? The game's marketing was poor compared to many Sony AAA's so most people even did not know what the game exactly was. 

Well, I still think if collectibles were not luck-based, with a guide, it would be a somewhat easy plat, after getting good at the runs of course. People even bragged about Oddworld Soulstorm being easy (which we know Oddworld games are mostly known for being hard at both gameplay and their trophy lists, and today most of the achievers done it after weeks). Evaluating sth as easy is very subjective and Powerpyx can't get it right all the time. People mostly devalue and overlook trophy lists before the game is out (unless it's already known it requires skill or luck but I already gave an Oddworld example lol), so it's not really surprising. Housemarque plats were most often than not hard. So it doesn't come as a surprise. However, Sony wants their games -and as well as trophies- more accessible so it's not surprising for people to expect it to be easy either. What I don't understand people who reject playing the game as the list is hard or the trophy elitists who are bragging about they are going to enjoy the game more now (it's a personal choice of course but it doesn't necessarily mean bragging and bullying the people who wanted an easy list).

This is a paragraph that is much longer than it needed to be. But this is what it is. Grow up, people!

ps: also, the fastest achiever achieved it a bit too fast compared to the powerpyx's guide. We got to wait for other achievers. Potential skips, glitches, exploits, easier ways etc. These, all, should be accounted for rarity/fastest time. 

Edited by Realtione
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Realtione said:

ps: also, the fastest achiever achieved it a bit too fast compared to the powerpyx's guide. We got to wait for other achievers. Potential skips, glitches, exploits, easier ways etc. These, all, should be accounted for rarity/fastest time. 

Like the plat achiever 2 days is super fast and probably a 1/100 chance if you ask me.

I've already played level 1 to 3 (6 totals) back to back for around 15 times. I never die and the game isn't hard 8.5 is really overrated.

The platinum will be random times for everyone as the collectables are just way to rng.

If you check the topic Past the ruins someone needed 50 runs to spawn 1 collectable (also the one I'm missing) so it's all luck based if your stuff spawns.

Just finished the game now all that's left is collectibles and the optional secret boss. I personally wouldn't rate this any higher than a 6/10 difficulty. It starts off difficult which can make it seem daunting but the stages afterwards aren't harder but rather more doable because of upgrades, great abilities and weapons. This is probably the most well balanced roguelike I've played in the sense that every gun is good and there's not one definitive weapon that can shred bosses or enemies. There's also not a crazy amount of items when compared to other games within the genre which means that you're more likely to encounter the perks, abilities or weapons that can make you practically invincible. You also don't need to do the entire game in one run, that's bullshit and not only that but there's also something called the "reconstructor" which acts as a second chance that you can find on every stage. This will bring you back to the same exact level if you die with max health and all your items for only 6 ether (these drop in an abundance in later stages). 

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 3

On 4/18/2021 at 9:31 PM, DragonSpear2462 said:

This looks...easy and short? 1f914.png

On 4/18/2021 at 9:31 PM, AnthropicApostle said:

Looks like an easy trophy list which is a good thing. 

On 4/18/2021 at 9:33 PM, piekeaaa said:

it does not look hard but we shall see. Im excited for this game.

On 4/18/2021 at 10:13 PM, Mercenary09 said:

You can tell Sony's mandate that their first-party games are to have very achievable Platinums carried over to this. Housemarque games have always been challenging but this looks like the easiest one yet. Not that I'm complaining.

On 4/18/2021 at 10:31 PM, lucky0ne16 said:

It's a shame , i wanted a trophy list that wanted us to spend time on it

On 4/18/2021 at 10:38 PM, DividedByMankind said:

Yeah. This is a bad thing. Typical sony this, making it a 1 or 2 out of 10.

lol

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Orenn16 said:

lol

Lol back at you also. I said that because it still does not look that hard from streams i watched and more about rng factoring and luck on finding weapons. That will get the job done, I have played games like this that was equal as hard on both Xbox and Playstation in gameplay style. Its just my opinion

2 minutes ago, lucky0ne16 said:

Lol back at you also. I said that because it still does not look that hard from streams i watched and more about rng factoring and luck on finding weapons. That will get the job done, I have played games like this that was equal as hard on both Xbox and Playstation in gameplay style. Its just my opinion

You said you wanted a trophy list that you could “spend time on” implying you thought this would be quick. It is not quick. 

1 hour ago, Orenn16 said:

You said you wanted a trophy list that you could “spend time on” implying you thought this would be quick. It is not quick. 

I am sure I be just fine doing this list when I have the game in hand. It looks fun and something I got my wish for a harder trophy list from sony. Can't blame me for thinking it was easy because of the list based on how many games I have done, i might go buy it this week

Edited by lucky0ne16

11 hours ago, Orenn16 said:

This looks...easy and short? 1f914.png

On 4/18/2021 at 11:31 PM, AnthropicApostle said:

Looks like an easy trophy list which is a good thing. 

On 4/18/2021 at 11:33 PM, piekeaaa said:

it does not look hard but we shall see. Im excited for this game.

On 4/19/2021 at 0:13 AM, Mercenary09 said:

You can tell Sony's mandate that their first-party games are to have very achievable Platinums carried over to this. Housemarque games have always been challenging but this looks like the easiest one yet. Not that I'm complaining.

lol

Keyword: Look

We made a guess based on what was available at the time: The trophy list. Not to be confused with some that were determined/angry that this would be an easy plat.

1 hour ago, DragonSpear2462 said:

Keyword: Look

We made a guess based on what was available at the time: The trophy list. Not to be confused with some that were determined/angry that this would be an easy plat.

Hopefully you can get past your strange insistent that there is a Sony “mandate” on easy trophies, though. Don’t jump to conclusions

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orenn16 said:

Hopefully you can get past your strange insistent that there is a Sony “mandate” on easy trophies, though. Don’t jump to conclusions

I...never said such thing? Lol

Don’t jump to conclusions
And that was my exact point; Some of us just did a guess based on the list that was just released, which is the entire point of early "Trophy thoughts" threads. (If you want to argue over the usefulness of Trophy thoughts threads, that's a conversation for another time). We didn't jump to conclusions. Just making fun guesses until the game launches. When we say something "LOOKS" easy, doesn't mean it will be =P ("Looks can be deceiving" like they say)
Don't put us in the same basket as some people that were already angry with the game being easy even before it came out and had reviews. 

I don't mind being wrong, just don't appreciate when people put us on a corkboard to be ridiculed like idiots just because we had incorrect guesses.. 
(If that wasn't your attention, then sorry for sounding aggressive, but that's the feeling I'm getting right now)

Edited by DragonSpear2462

On 5/4/2021 at 2:52 PM, DragonSpear2462 said:

I...never said such thing? Lol

Don’t jump to conclusions
And that was my exact point; Some of us just did a guess based on the list that was just released, which is the entire point of early "Trophy thoughts" threads. (If you want to argue over the usefulness of Trophy thoughts threads, that's a conversation for another time). We didn't jump to conclusions. Just making fun guesses until the game launches. When we say something "LOOKS" easy, doesn't mean it will be =P ("Looks can be deceiving" like they say)
Don't put us in the same basket as some people that were already angry with the game being easy even before it came out and had reviews. 

I don't mind being wrong, just don't appreciate when people put us on a corkboard to be ridiculed like idiots just because we had incorrect guesses.. 
(If that wasn't your attention, then sorry for sounding aggressive, but that's the feeling I'm getting right now)

The Sony mandate was posted by someone else I quoted, and I got the posts mixed up. That’s on me, my bad!

And no I’m not trying to ridicule, my original post was simply laughing (literally lol) at the humor behind the general consensus being that a game would be easy, only to find out it was on the other end of the spectrum. It was funny, but not in a “haha you’re dumb” kind of way. In a “boy did everyone misread this!” kinda way. 

24 minutes ago, Orenn16 said:

The Sony mandate was posted by someone else I quoted, and I got the posts mixed up. That’s on me, my bad!

And no I’m not trying to ridicule, my original post was simply laughing (literally lol) at the humor behind the general consensus being that a game would be easy, only to find out it was on the other end of the spectrum. It was funny, but not in a “haha you’re dumb” kind of way. In a “boy did everyone misread this!” kinda way. 

Gotcha ?