Trophy thoughts?

No longer here

Probably major spoilers but in 5 minutes Brian from @PS_4Trophies will be going live on youtube with the title:  Full Playthrough | Close to Platinum.

Maybe he'll be in the later biomes to show how hard this game actually is.

Though I've watched a review from Skillup who showed biomes 4 and 5 and the difficulty is really showing in those levels.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Probably major spoilers but in 5 minutes Brian from @PS_4Trophies will be going live on youtube with the title:  Full Playthrough | Close to Platinum.

Maybe he'll be in the later biomes to show how hard this game actually is.

Though I've watched a review from Skillup who showed biomes 4 and 5 and the difficulty is really showing in those levels.

He just said in his livestream that he would probably rate the platinum a 7/10 and that the random collectibles are annoying. He also said the game is one of the best games he played in the last 2 years.

• Like 4

For those on the fence with this one and its £70 price my advice....wait a few weeks.....Ebay etc will be flooded with copies from the masses who can't get past the first boss. This game is difficult and i'd bet 90% of the people that aren't trophy hunters will just give up and sell it.

Thats not to say it isn't brilliant so far mind you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Johnny_Stargasm said:

The fact that you can not exit the game when you want to without losing all your progress and are pretty much condemned to perform long gameplay sessions if you want to really progress in the game is one of the dumbest decision I've seen in a game in recent years.

I have a job, a wife and a son so I can't rarely play for more than two hours straight.

I was really interested in this game but this decision from the devs pretty much made me walk away from it.

Why can't you just suspend and not quit, then just unsuspend and keep playing?

• Like 1

I don't understand, do you need to play the entire game in one sitting? Or just a biome? I'm not super familiar with rogue-likes, but it sounds interesting, challenging and fun. Although I'm a little put off if I can't take breaks from the game without losing all progress. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaivRules said:

Why can't you just suspend and not quit, then just unsuspend and keep playing?

Because when you go into Rest Mode, you get disconnected from the network.

And Powerpyx stated in their guides that you need to always be online if you don't want to experiment additional glitches affecting collectibles tracking for instance.

Just now, Maahniac said:

I don't understand, do you need to play the entire game in one sitting? Or just a biome? I'm not super familiar with rogue-likes, but it sounds interesting, challenging and fun. Although I'm a little put off if I can't take breaks from the game without losing all progress. 

You should take a look at PowerPyx guide, it is pretty well explained.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Johnny_Stargasm said:

And Powerpyx stated in their guides that you need to always be online if you don't want to experiment additional glitches affecting collectibles tracking for instance.

That sounds more like a bug they need to fix than an intentional game design that forces people in your situation not to play.

28 minutes ago, Johnny_Stargasm said:

You should take a look at PowerPyx guide, it is pretty well explained.

The guide only mentions needing to be online for the "In-Field Training", just doing one online challenge in simulation mode.
Apart from that I don't see what else needs to be online for. So don't go into rest mode during an online challenge and expecting to complete it when you return?

5 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

The guide only mentions needing to be online for the "In-Field Training", just doing one online challenge in simulation mode.
Apart from that I don't see what else needs to be online for. So don't go into rest mode during an online challenge and expecting to complete it when you return?

Here is what I'm talking about. It is on the page dedicated to the permanent unlocks in the PowerPyx guide:

"Putting the console into rest mode is fine and won’t lose you any progress, however it might potentially bug out some story trophies so it’s safer to turn off the console properly."

Also, what is it with games having glitched trophies ? It seems that every newly released game has this kind of issue.

In just a one month span we had Disco Elysium, Oddworld and now Returnal all having glitched trophies.

Edited by Johnny_Stargasm

6 minutes ago, Johnny_Stargasm said:

Here is what I'm talking about. It is on the page dedicated to the permanent unlocks in the PowerPyx guide:

"Putting the console into rest mode is fine and won’t lose you any progress, however it might potentially bug out some story trophies so it’s safer to turn off the console properly."

Also, what is it with games having glitched trophies ? It seems that every newly released game has this kind of issue.

In just a one month span we had Disco Elysium, Oddworld and now Returnal all having glitched trophies.

I have no idea about those trophy issues, tbh

1 hour ago, BloodyRutz said:

The issue mentioned in the PowerPyx guide is more related to system software. Literally, every review I've read so far is saying the game is polished with zero issues.

Fair enough man, at that point I'll have to defer to not wanting to spend 75 smackeroos on a new game

I've been playing this for review as well. The survey trophies are terrible imo. The trophy cards say I'm missing one scout log in the first biome, but after literally speedrunning it 30 times fully I can't find it. It just won't spawn. It's tedious beyond belief honestly. Starting to think it might be bugged, as I wasn't paying attention to tracking stuff at first.

@PS_4Trophies
Do you have scout logs 9 and 11? Do they relate to the overgrown ruins? Wonder if other hunters are having issues finding the last collectibles.

I am not trying to undermine PowerPyx's thoughts on the list, but it's not anywhere Wolfenstein 2, in my opinion. It is a difficult game, but it's not too hard to get the right upgrades and blaze through it. Most players will probably be able to find a decent loadout as they unlock more gear and get more familiar with the game. I had builds in this game where I was essentially invincible and they're not too hard to craft, given the scope of upgrades you can get. 

However, I understand how randomness would make this a harder platinum. It's not totally clear how, when, or where collectibles will spawn so you can go through a biome multiple times and not find everything. I think I beat the final biome like six times and I am still missing things. I probably beat some of other biomes more than that. I haven't gone through again since I finished Act 3 (the actual ending) so I am hoping the rest show up there as I think it might be tied to story progression. 

As I said in my review, it's an incredible game so I hope this doesn't dissuade people from trying it. It's fun enough to want to go through multiple times anyway.

Also if anyone has any questions, let me know.

1 hour ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

I am not trying to undermine PowerPyx's thoughts on the list, but it's not anywhere Wolfenstein 2, in my opinion. It is a difficult game, but it's not too hard to get the right upgrades and blaze through it. Most players will probably be able to find a decent loadout as they unlock more gear and get more familiar with the game. I had builds in this game where I was essentially invincible and they're not too hard to craft, given the scope of upgrades you can get. 

However, I understand how randomness would make this a harder platinum. It's not totally clear how, when, or where collectibles will spawn so you can go through a biome multiple times and not find everything. I think I beat the final biome like six times and I am still missing things. I probably beat some of other biomes more than that. I haven't gone through again since I finished Act 3 (the actual ending) so I am hoping the rest show up there as I think it might be tied to story progression. 

As I said in my review, it's an incredible game so I hope this doesn't dissuade people from trying it. It's fun enough to want to go through multiple times anyway.

Also if anyone has any questions, let me know.

i know right, i have done games that he said was a 9 or 10, i think its multiple people on that account that runs the difficulty