Celebrate Milestone (1200 place) + $10 PSN Code Giveaway [Take 2]

Stedde

Well, since no one guessed 599, I will drop that number, but it was a first come first served "guess".

And, yes, I can confirm that there was at least 1 platinum earned in the march event that is 0.1% on PSN (we just needed to change the last number in the Platinum.com page of the leaderboard to get the March Leaderboard,  from there was just a question of checking what people finished.. or just Checking Jump Force on PSN...).

The giveaway is closed.

I did not specify if it need to be rounded up/down, so I will have a final elimination question for everybody that guessed on 599 or 600, which is the correct answer.
So I want:

Han_the_Dragon

maiathewinners
HusKy
jpwbjpwb
TugaSonic

Varhur
Mr-Photo

To answer this elimination question:

At what date was the platinum trophy earned for this game in the contest?

(You answer should be one of the dates in March ?)
Hint. There was more than one if these earned, so it will be the first one.

The person above that guess that date win or the one getting closest to the date.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Stedde said:

The giveaway is closed.

I did not specify if it need to be rounded up/down, so I will have a final elimination question for everybody that guessed on 599 or 600, which is the correct answer.
So I want:

Han_the_Dragon

maiathewinners
HusKy
jpwbjpwb
TugaSonic

Varhur
Mr-Photo

The person above that guess that date win or the one getting closest to the date.

What was the correct answer?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stedde said:

The giveaway is closed.

So I want:

Han_the_Dragon

maiathewinners
HusKy
jpwbjpwb
TugaSonic

Varhur
Mr-Photo

(You answer should be one of the dates in March 1f642.png)

Your example in the very first post was not a rounded number :P

I guess it would be fair for everybody else to have a secons chance, since I, for example, could have rounded up to 599. All the same, your game, your rules.

I'm gonna leave a date just in case ;)

March 8th, and I think the game was Brawlhalla :P

• Like 1

On 26/04/2021 at 9:33 AM, Stedde said:

The giveaway is closed.

So I want:

Han_the_Dragon

maiathewinners
HusKy
jpwbjpwb
TugaSonic

Varhur
Mr-Photo

(You answer should be one of the dates in March 1f642.png)

March 7th by UTC time...

33 minutes ago, Mr-Photo said:

Just FYI.. i never got a notification from the post (dunno why), I just happened to check to see who won, maybe send the missing users a PM?

I got the notification because I'm following the thread.

For people to get notifications if they aren't following it, we need to @ them for they to get the notification.

Anyway, call for @HusKy @jpwbjpwb and @TugaSonic to submit the second round tie-break answer.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Anyway, call for @HusKy @jpwbjpwb and @TugaSonic to submit the second round tie-break answer.

While I understand OP has the right to do anything with this giveaway, I don't think it's fair to change the rules during it. The example provided in the first post clearly shows the correct answer can be a decimal number. The winner should be picked based on the correct answer which OP asked in the very first post at the beginning. There must be one person who was closest to correct answer and this person should be a winner -- there's no need for a tie breaker.

Furthermore, my last question was deliberately ignored for god knows what reason.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, HusKy said:

While I understand OP has the right to do anything with this giveaway, I don't think it's fair to change the rules during it. The example provided in the first post clearly shows the correct answer can be a decimal number. The winner should be picked based on the correct answer which OP asked in the very first post at the beginning. There must be one person who was closest to correct answer and this person should be a winner -- there's no need for a tie breaker.

Furthermore, my last question was deliberately ignored for god knows what reason.

Don't kill me lol

I just tried to give the heads up to those missing, since Mr-Photo mentioned not getting a notification.

As for the correct answer, I can't really say what he intended, since I don't even know what is used in the actual total game points calculation.. In his example it gives the idea that decimals are used, but when we see the total points worth of a game (or partial game) on Platimon it always rounds to the integer (not sure if round up or down).

On 30/04/2021 at 0:09 AM, Mr-Photo said:

Just FYI.. i never got a notification from the post (dunno why), I just happened to check to see who won, maybe send the missing users a PM?

Ahh, sorry. I did not know you needed @Mr-Photo. I have always thought it was enough to add Mr-Photo.
But thanks @Han_the_Dragon for pointing it out. I learn something new!

23 hours ago, HusKy said:

Sorry, I missed you post.
The correct answer is 599.

I did not specify that it needed to rounded up/down, so that is why I gave everybody another chance who hit 599-600.
Also, to make it fair this was never first come first served "guess sense we all live in different timezone and it should not be dependant on when I add the question.

But I will learn from this and be much clearer in my communication going forward.
If you don't want guess/be part of the second question it's up to you.

1 hour ago, Stedde said:

In that case, the formula in the first post was wrong.

What's the deadline for 2nd round? I will go with March 5th.

Edited by HusKy

2 hours ago, Squarevii87 said:

I should be the winner if the correct answer is 599

I was 0.3 way from guessing the right number

I was more close than anyone else

I guess only your first response counts, which was 999.

5 hours ago, Stedde said:

Sorry, I missed you post.

2 questions, if you have the time!

Which game was it taken from?

Was the result rounded up, or down?

I still believe that people who guessed 598,something deserved a chance for the 2nd round, definitely more than 600. No one would have rounded 600 down to 599 :P

• Like 1

The only rounding up possibility for a winning number was 598,something, and the only rounding down possibility was 599,something.

If you wanna be even more specific and take a maths approach to this matter, only the 598,51 to 599,49 range should be selected xD But I guess this is me just being me :P

On 26/04/2021 at 9:33 AM, Stedde said:

The giveaway is closed.

So I want:

Han_the_Dragon

maiathewinners
HusKy
jpwbjpwb
TugaSonic

Varhur
Mr-Photo

I'll go with 6th march I guess.

4 hours ago, Gray-Fox-44 said:

The only rounding up possibility for a winning number was 598,something, and the only rounding down possibility was 599,something.

If you wanna be even more specific and take a maths approach to this matter, only the 598,51 to 599,49 range should be selected xD But I guess this is me just being me :P

Not really,  there are quite a lot of instances where the rule is "always round down".

That's actually quite common in JRPGs stats formulas.

But in this case maybe the second round should have been open to 598.5-599.5 people, since they were the closer ones.