Battlefield 2042 (November 19, 2021)

Ghost

16 hours ago, SomeFriend89 said:

Turns out the digital PS4 standard edition will have a free upgrade to PS5. So you can pay for the $59.99 to get two trophy lists, I would assume.

?

Got a link? Screenshot?

I'm looking at the PS Store and all I can see is:

(Canadian Prices)

Standard $80 PS4

Standard $90 PS4 & PS5

Gold $130 PS4 & PS5

Ultimate $150 PS4 & PS5

Playing the Beta and it's a huge disappointment. The gameplay feels like CoD with simply a bigger map and more players. All classes are too similar. There are tons of bugs and glitches. The menu is one of the worst I've ever seen. I'm aware the beta is running on a few months old build but this is at least a half year or more from the final version. Especially when we consider there's no Singleplayer so all resources went into this. Definitely not buying it right now, will wait a few months.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, theSpirae said:

Playing the Beta and it's a huge disappointment. The gameplay feels like CoD with simply a bigger map and more players. All classes are too similar. There are tons of bugs and glitches. The menu is one of the worst I've ever seen. I'm aware the beta is running on a few months old build but this is at least a half year or more from the final version. Especially when we consider there's no Singleplayer so all resources went into this. Definitely not buying it right now, will wait a few months.

Yep, fully agree. 
It’s an abysmal experience, even if you look past all the bugs and glitches. 
First BF since BF3 I’m not buying at launch and maybe ever. 

I skipped BF5, and after playing the beta for 2042 I might skip this also. Shame as I’m a huge BF fan! Anybody else notice the lack of aim assist? Was there lack of aim assist in BF5? Felt completely off and I only lasted an hour playing the beta, hopefully there will be a custom BF1/BF4 type system we can switch to at launch in controller setting.

Edited by The PREDATOR
  • Like 1

I personally loved the beta, I think it's important to understand that the beta is likely months behind their current / final product. Just because the beta came 1 month before release doesn't mean it's close to the final build, the beta could have been ripped from a build back in August. However, I know a lot of players are having 2 key issues (doesn't bother me) but here, from Reddit:

ffbsnb4grat71.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

“In addition to that, the survey even asks if players had a difficult time discerning enemies from friendlies, which means DICE and EA are aware of the issue."

20 minutes ago, Larzz said:

Achievement list: https://mp1st.com/news/battlefield-2042-achievements-fire-out-34-achievements-in-total

If the trophy list will be the same, I hope they will be boostable somehow because this list is atrocious. 

Yeah that list looks atrocious. I don't mind having some challenging achievements, but some of these just sound downright absurd without boosting. 7 kills in a life with the shield? 20 melee kills in a round? It's like they learned nothing from the stupid assignments in BFV.

Atrocious? This is finally a decent trophy list imho, BF5's list was laughable. I would have hoped they included trophies for BF Portal, for nostalgic reasons. Looking forward to actually have something to do to 100% this.

If you compare this list to BF4's it's still a more casual list, loved every second of getting 100% in BF4 on PS4 back in the day and was very disappointed by BF5's list.

• Like 2