rjkclarke's Carnival of Diamonds and Rust

rjkclarke

2 hours ago, Baker said:

Welcome back! 

The Artful Escape. I can see why people would like it. For me it was a very mediocre game. 1f605.png

Thanks dude! It feels nice to be back, hopefully I won't go into super negative mode for a little while now.

Hey I mean that's fair enough about The Artful Escape, we can't all love the same things.I think that's one of those games where you've got to be pretty invested in the ideas that it's trying to present for it to resonate with you a lot, because I guess functionally, outside of the story, and the overarching message, it does have pretty minimalist gameplay, I loved that side of it, but I'm certainly not going to tell you you're wrong for not enjoying it. 

You did pique my interest with Bloodstained though, so I might have to give that one a look, especially as I'm on PS+ Extra still!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

1107520.gif

Wow, he really is just you with a goatee, isn't he?

Where once I felt like "The Dude",,,,, occasionally I've been feeling like this......

kaz-1.large.jpg

Everybody needs time to heal or just step back altogether, there ain't never any shame in that.

Nice suit tho bro?

I think jumbles the stripper sounds like a much more likely thing to exist :lol:.

But I'm not really going to explore that avenue and find out haha

Crap... well when a giant cake shows up at your house, whatever you do, don't open it?

I need to get reading your Transistor review... I know it's there, I just haven't read it. I wanted to be in a good head space when I read it, because I love that game so much. And reading about it, will be just as much fun I think. And what will be an awesome review (I know it will be ) it deserves my full attention, not some half distracted excuse of my attention,

That song at the end really did a number on me, I was exactly the same, it's one of those where exactly like you said, you just stop and take it all in. It's just so powerful.

I can definitely speak for Bastion... and I'm looking forward to Pyre myself.

Always armed with a kind word man, thank you!

....though now I'm like 'crap, I hope it's good...'

07900ab5-55f6-4f8d-af20-5a9cfbcb336b_tex

Bastion is coming up soon I think, and Realm gave me a friendly nudge towards Pyre, so chances are by the year's end I may only have Hades left!

I just remembered I actually have an E,T game.... I might throw that in my PS3 and give it a play, and review it, just for like the whole in-joke thing haha. It'd likely be a pretty funny thing to do.

Yes!

I'd definitely recommend at the very least playing through the Ezio Trilogy, and then go from there if you want to dip into the series a little more... but those 3 are actually very good. I am really apprehensive about the newer ones. I'm sure I'll enjoy them to some degree, but I even thought Origins was "a little too much" and that's the smallest one of the newer ones, but I guess I won't know until I try them.

"A little too much" sums up exactly how I feel about those games! A while back I think Odyssey was on sale for a ridiculously low price, but I looked at how much there is to it and was like "do I really wanna do all that for a game I'm not even convinced I'll like that much??"

But the Ezio trilogy... there's a commitment I can make!

What would my powers be? The power of self doubt, and caring too much :lol:

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952d1fba3a84b5dd796b

Nah, you would be orphanage-savin Kiryu and we all know it?

• Like 1

Thanks so much Heather! Sorry for the offensive long time to reply! I'm really Glad you enjoyed the read. .

I haven't played Sayonara Wild Hearts, not yet at least, but I'm definitely up for it! I've been intrigued by it for a while, but I know it leans quite heavily on the whole rhythm games, and quite frankly they scare the shit out of me :lol:

But you know - I won't know if I don't try, so I think I ought to get stuck in with that one! Because it does look awesome! So thank you for the recommendation! Especially after you said it sounded like a similar kind of experience to what I had with The Artful Escape!

If it puts your mind at ease I wouldn't say Sayonara Wild Hearts leans heavily into a rhythm game, but more a sort of on rails music game with the occasional button prompt. A couple of trophies are tied to the button prompts on some levels, but it's pretty doable ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YaManSmevz said:

Wow, he really is just you with a goatee, isn't he?

He actually isn't far off is he..... and I have got a beard right now, but not a goatee haha!  And now you'll never look at that scene where he's gliding along the floor looking somewhere he shouldn't, the same way  ever again ?

Everybody needs time to heal or just step back altogether, there ain't never any shame in that.

Nice suit tho bro?

Quite swish isn't it, the suit I mean!

You know damn well I probably could have hypothetically bodied like that entire group of people behind Kiryu the way I was feeling at times the last couple of weeks.... So I'm glad I've chilled out a bit now. 

Always armed with a kind word man, thank you!

....though now I'm like 'crap, I hope it's good...'

07900ab5-55f6-4f8d-af20-5a9cfbcb336b_tex

Bastion is coming up soon I think, and Realm gave me a friendly nudge towards Pyre, so chances are by the year's end I may only have Hades left!

It WILL be good.... Just you know, you and I sometimes have trouble saying nice things about ourselves! Me more so I think, but you ought to give yourself more credit, I've been looking forward to that Transistor review ever since you booted the game up for the first time, because I was sure you'd do that game a particular justice, I just have a hunch!

I'm looking to end the year with just Hades left as well - maybe even finished too, but I really ought to get and start Pyre because that looks so amazing.

"A little too much" sums up exactly how I feel about those games! A while back I think Odyssey was on sale for a ridiculously low price, but I looked at how much there is to it and was like "do I really wanna do all that for a game I'm not even convinced I'll like that much??"

But the Ezio trilogy... there's a commitment I can make!

Glad I'm not the only one that feels like that every time they see Odyssey go on sale, every time that I see the one with all the DLC go on sale, I'm like should I? I don't know what I'll make of that game, like there's so many people who's opinions I absolutely trust, that have basically given me the opposite impression of what they think I'll get from the game.

The Ezio trilogy is great though, all three of them, I'm about wrapping up my trophyless replay of Revelations and I've had a really good time with it, so I hope you will if/when you do dive into those in the future!

Nah, you would be orphanage-savin Kiryu and we all know it?

I'm glad THAT was the thing you chose to quote from that specific bit of that reply... because I read that back and realised how dark that read... Oh well, I'll just leave it, it's not an inaccurate description either.

I'd like to think I'd be Orphanage-savin Kiryu for sure...Maybe without all the self righteousness Kiryu does and the head cracking... I'll just stick to the whole BIG HEART thing.... until  it inevitably explodes or something ?

3 hours ago, Heather342 said:

If it puts your mind at ease I wouldn't say Sayonara Wild Hearts leans heavily into a rhythm game, but more a sort of on rails music game with the occasional button prompt. A couple of trophies are tied to the button prompts on some levels, but it's pretty doable ?

Oh wow! Actually yes that does, massively actually! I was, not put off per se, just a bit cautious I's say about Sayonara Wild Hearts, because I really cannot emphasise enough, my sheer ineptitude when it comes to rhythm games... so for you to say that, that has actually massively helped! So thank you Heather, like really, I'll have to pick it up and get playing I think!

Edited by rjkclarke
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Platinum_Vice said:

I hope things start to look up for you soon RJ. If not, I'm always here to lend an ear. 1f60a.png

Please look after yourself as the highest priority.

Thanks man! I really appreciate that... and I know you would.... and seriously, that does mean a heck of a lot.

I'm actually okay, mentally, or close to it? If that makes sense, like I feel in a much more positive place I think. I just have that lingering burnout feeling now, which I'm not quite used to, where I don't quite feel back to where I was, but I'm getting there.

I'm just trying to be more and more proactive each new day and seeing where that goes, and so far it seems to be going alright, so hopefully "normal service will resume" at some point, I should think ?

Thanks for being absolutely awesome about it though dude, it really is appreciated - I've not exactly been a barrel laughs the last couple of weeks. So hopefully that can change going forward.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

You know damn well I probably could have hypothetically bodied like that entire group of people behind Kiryu the way I was feeling at times the last couple of weeks.... So I'm glad I've chilled out a bit now. 

Me too! I'm glad to hear that the emotional chaos is starting to calm down some. It definitely takes time but that calm will come to you eventually!

Although picturing you stomping through England picking up bicycles with one hand and demolishing people as yen flies out of their clothing is an undeniably interesting thought!

It WILL be good.... Just you know, you and I sometimes have trouble saying nice things about ourselves! Me more so I think, but you ought to give yourself more credit, I've been looking forward to that Transistor review ever since you booted the game up for the first time, because I was sure you'd do that game a particular justice, I just have a hunch!

I appreciate that confidence, man! It's just cuz I wrote "me Trabsister friends 3ever good mucis" and called it a day?

I'm looking to end the year with just Hades left as well - maybe even finished too, but I really ought to get and start Pyre because that looks so amazing.

Seriously! from everything I've heard, Pyre sounds damn near other otherworldly. I kinda want to do that one next but something tells me that playing Bastion first is the way to go.

Glad I'm not the only one that feels like that every time they see Odyssey go on sale, every time that I see the one with all the DLC go on sale, I'm like should I? I don't know what I'll make of that game, like there's so many people who's opinions I absolutely trust, that have basically given me the opposite impression of what they think I'll get from the game.

The Ezio trilogy is great though, all three of them, I'm about wrapping up my trophyless replay of Revelations and I've had a really good time with it, so I hope you will if/when you do dive into those in the future!

I just have such tepid interest in those, and I've already got such huge open worlds waiting for me to get into that I genuinely want to play, so tossing games like Odyssey or Valhalla onto the heap doesn't make much sense.

Pleased to have a trustworthy endorsement for the Ezio trilogy, though!

I'm glad THAT was the thing you chose to quote from that specific bit of that reply... because I read that back and realised how dark that read... Oh well, I'll just leave it, it's not an inaccurate description either.

I'd like to think I'd be Orphanage-savin Kiryu for sure...Maybe without all the self righteousness Kiryu does and the head cracking... I'll just stick to the whole BIG HEART thing.... until  it inevitably explodes or something 1f602.png

Well you would know what I was referring to, so there was no need to get specific!

The idea is to take care of said heart before something like that happens! At least, so I've heard. Excuse me!

*glug glug glug*

• Like 2

Sideshows and Curiosities #42835.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=forma

Professor RJ's Ultra Science-Fiction Ranking of Doctor Who... Doctor's, Part 2

Doctors-Assemble-66ee218.jpg?quality=90&

Right then, are we all sitting comfortably? The two or three of you that are actually interested in seeing how this list ends up! If you're not, I obviously don't mind, I just  think I needed to write something completely game free, to kind of ease myself back in so to speak. So why not return to writing about probably my favourite show of all time!

So I won't dilly-dally around too much, if you want to specifically find out what my criteria are, and how I'm ranking them, you can find it in the first part, and if you want to specifically find that, go to the first page on this thread, and look at the second post, you'll find it in the Sideshows and Curiosities section.After all, I do basically use the first 2 posts of this thread as my unofficial contents page ?

Remember, these are all my opinions, I'm not suggesting they are fact... You can feel free to agree or disagree as much as you like... I'm sure I'll be 'wrong' on more than a few of these!

Let's see how the list is shaping up so far shall we?

• #15: The Thirteenth Doctor - Jodie Whittaker
  • #14: The Shalka Doctor - Richard E. Grant
  • #13: The War Doctor - John Hurt
  • #12: The Eleventh Doctor - Matt Smith
  • #11: The Fifth Doctor - Peter Davison

Right.... in the words of Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart.... " Well..... here we go again"

The Sixth Doctor

Colin Baker  (1984-1986)

colin+baker.jpg

"In all my travelling throughout the universe, I have battled against evil, against power-mad conspirators. I should have stayed here. The oldest civilisation: decadent, degenerate, and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans, Cybermen - they're still in the nursery compared to us. Ten million years of absolute power. That's what it takes to be really corrupt."

Oh Colin.... You poor amazing, underappreciated actor, and Doctor, you......

Just look at that costume, how garish is that? Colin Baker's time as The Doctor whilst not all terrible is definitely approaching the lowest of low points in shows history, and the saddest part about it, is that it wasn't his fault at all. So whilst almost all of Colin Bakers best moments actually take part in audio adventures, those performances are so brilliant, that I'm putting him above some of the other Doctors just for that reason alone.

Colin Baker is a real revelation on Audio, he was afforded the chance to play the part he wanted to - his Doctor can be a little dark, but him, more than any other Doctor is most proud of their superior intellect, he can be a little pretentious and pompous about it, but Colin Baker plays that aspect so well, and something he never got to explore on screen too much was how much he cared about his companions - he just has an emotional wall up to stop the hurt when things go south, and I love the way they've explored that a few times on audio.

If I was going to recommend one Audio Drama to listen to with Colin, it'd be Davros, that story explores the relationship between Davros and the Doctor in a really thoughtful and unusual way, and Colin's dejected voice when he says "We're not friends.... Davros" with the slightest edge of disgust has always stuck with me.

Colin Baker is a more than capable actor, he's really good in fact. From what I understand, from his own words, he just never quite got to play the part the way the he wanted to. He wanted a darker edge to his Doctor, but what he was given to work with as a character,  was an abrasive 'C' word... yes, the one this site censors, not a cactus or a cauliflower.

It's an interesting idea on a conceptual level, the problem is, it only really works on a conceptual level. 

The idea was admirable to try and do something different. The problem is, going from an incredibly mild mannered, but well meaning Doctor in the Fifth Doctor, to an abrasive and unlikeable character, which immediately tries to murder the person he just risked his own existence to save, just feels wrong.

Even his opening lines are pretty abrasive... His first lines were, after Peri's stunned reaction to his change of appearance of "I-I-I-I,,,,,,," only for the Doctor to immediately reply with: "  That's three I's in one breath — makes you sound a rather egotistical young lady."

That line isn't in the pursuit of humour, just an unnecessary thing to say, and so unlike the character the audience grew to know at that point - whatever incarnation they happen to be in. The people in charge of the show at the time seemed to think people wanted to see The Doctor and his friends arguing endlessly, but throughout the history of the show it has been abundantly clear that the best and most dynamic pairings are the ones that get on.

Plus Colin's second theme tune, is one of my favourite versions of the theme to ever exist, it's just so obnoxiously and unapologetically 80's and I love it.... I guess i'll hold off on details until I do Profeessor RJ's Ultra Science -Fiction Ranking of, Doctor Who Themes.... ? (Don't think that I won't!)

The Twelfth Doctor

Peter Capaldi (2013-2017)

14662018-low_res-doctor-who-3361948.jpg?quality=90&resize=620,413

"There's no such thing as the Doctor. I’m just a bloke in a box telling stories. I didn’t come here because I'm ashamed. A bit of shame never hurt anyone. I came… because you're sick and you asked. And because sometimes, on a good day, if I try very hard… I’m not some old Time Lord who ran away. I'm the Doctor."

There are a lot of quotes I could have pulled out over Peter Capaldi's tenure as The Doctor - but that one in particular, I think will always resonate with me. Fundamentally it's what still gives me faith in this nearly sixty year old show. The Doctor as a character has always been a man/woman eternally haunted and tormented by their own actions, but has and always will be a good person.

So for someone who lives inside their own mind far too often, and dwells on so many things I can't control, that's a huge part of why I gravitate so much towards that character. Peter Capaldi's Doctor is one that they explore those ideas with more regularly than others.

He can so often be found asking his companions: "Am I a good man?" Like he knows that he is, but he needs that reminder, because sometimes living with that constant mental pain just makes you doubt that you even are.

I'm not suggesting I'm an amazing individual like The Doctor, I barely have an ego as it is, but I do know that I'm a good person, so when those doubts start to creep in they can really turn you inside out.

Ahem... back to Doctor Who, right? I feel similarly about Peter Capaldi's time as The Doctor, as I do with Colin Baker's, you get glimpses of brilliance, but it's never quite what it should have been. And he could have been so much more. I think his relationship with Clara, across their two series together, is incredibly toxic. Where Capaldi really shines is in his final Series, where they seemed to finally have a handle on what they wanted his character to be.

However, One of my favourite episodes of the entire show came from Peter Capaldi's era of the show. Heaven Sent. If you're a fan of just good quality television, then this one is worth watching. You can kind of watch it in a bubble too, as the following episode is an absolute dreckfest.

Heaven Sent however, is a masterfully written and directed piece of television - and is such a powerful and beautiful metaphor for the long healing process that goes hand in hand with dealing with both a loss, and the internalisation of those thoughts... and how chipping away at those feelings over time is the only way to really feel better about it. 

I'm looking forward to Peter Capaldi dipping into the audio adventure range at some point in the future - because I'd love for his Doctor to get explored in some greater depth like Colin Baker has been able to do with that medium.

The First Doctor

William Hartnell - (1963-1966, 1972-1973)

Richard Hurndall (1983)

David Bradley (2017)

220px-First_Doctor_(Doctor_Who).jpgHurndall-Five-Doctors.jpg

p01kgfzm.jpg

"One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. Goodbye, Susan. Goodbye, my dear"

Now we're into the territory where it's not just a simple case of "I like this one, more than another one" We're kind of into the very small margins of preference territory, because 60's Doctor Who is one of my very favourite eras of the show.

Time for a bit for a bit of an audio visual accompaniment I think..... That quote above is one of the most powerful moments in the entire history of the show.... And exemplifies exactly why The Doctor is such a good character - never fearing about hurting himself in the pursuit of someone else's happiness, or their needs.

To give a little context, this is The Doctors final moments with his granddaughter (for a long time at least) and William Hartnell gives such a powerhouse performance when he has to do what he thinks his best, and say goodbye.

It's such a brilliant moment, for what was probably the most stoic incarnation of all of The Doctor's.... I've always loved the small subtle bits of acting from William Hartnell in that scene, where you can just see a bit of pain etched on his face, as he begins to speak, like the slightest hesitation, to say the thing he has to say but the thing he doesn't want to say.

The bit I like the most is actually, the moment where he hastily turns off the scanner and dematerialises his time ship, in one quick movement, because he just can't stand to dwell on that pain any more. In the context of his character, it's a brilliant little moment.

It does feel a little wrong, that The First Doctor, is actually only #8 on the list, but I really do love The First Doctor. He has such excellent character growth across his time as the character too. Going from a curmudgeonly old man who is quite self serving, to the character he would eventually establish and grow into over time, it really is quite the noticeable difference if you watch his era (or what still exists of it) chronologically.

I suspect if he wasn't plagued by Missing Episodes, Hartnell would make it higher up this list, because William Hartnell's dual role in The Massacre of Saint Bartholomew's Eve, is tremendously good just on audio so to have some visual representation would be wonderful. But unfortunately not a single frame of footage survives, just an audio track, and some tele-snaps (if there are even any of those I believe). 

The Ninth Doctor

Christoper Ecclestone (2005)

drwho_9th_doctor_christopher_eccleston_product1_1200x675-copy.jpg

"Rose, before I go, I just want to tell you you were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And do you know what? So was I!"

Christopher Ecclestone's tenure as The Ninth Doctor is one of the biggest what ifs in the entire history of the show. He was so brilliant, but his time as The Doctor was so fleeting lasting only one full series. It's a real shame, and that is the only reason that he isn't higher up on this list, because he really is brilliant.

You could probably describe the Ninth Doctor best as The PTSD Doctor. His part to play in "The Time War" is one of the most prevalent aspects of his character. It haunts every fibre of his being, and I think Ecclestone plays that part of the character to such great effect. When I wrote about The War Doctor in the previous post, Ecclestone's Doctor is the next incarnation, so he carries all the weight of his actions, and they are much more recent for him than any other Doctor. 

I think Christopher Ecclestone's portrayal of The Doctor is also one of the reasons that the show was a resounding success on its return to Television after a gap of sixteen years. It adapted and it changed, and he was a huge part of that. The newer series of the show is a much more simplified one, and to be perfectly honest they are completely different types of show, but Ecclestone's infectious energy is exactly what the show needed. 

Considering how short his tenure as the Doctor actually was, he managed to create so many amazing moments as that character. Like there are so many that I could post, that I'd love to just post here, to demonstrate exactly why he was so brilliant. this might be one of The Doctor's I revisit at some point if I revise the rankings after listening to his audio adventures.

It's a controversial opinion, but I much prefer The Ninth Doctor and Rose, to the pairing of The Tenth Doctor and Rose, there is just a little more of a simplicity to their relationship, that you don't get with Ten and Rose.

The Seventh Doctor

Sylvester McCoy (1987-1989, 1996)

seventh-doctor-15255a09-cf05-4e2e-81e4-d8ae78ac32d-resize-750.jpeg

"Every great decision creates ripples, like a huge boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforeseeable ways. The heavier the decision, the larger the waves, the more uncertain the consequences."

Man I hate that Sylv is sitting outside of the top 5..... I just love his Doctor so much, but the next five I love that little bit more. The Seventh Doctor was my favourite growing up, and I'm still very fond of him now. He has a really endearing impish, and almost clown-like quality to him. The thing you don't notice as a younger person, is how dark his Doctor is alongside that.

I may or may not own a few of the components of his costume too, not the original ones obviously. But as some of you know, I'm partial to a hat or two,and those trousers are pretty swish too ?

I really appreciate his Doctor as a result of that, as an adult. There's a real darkness bubbling under the surface with him, he's manipulative and he's enigmatic too. But his heart is in the right place. The sad thing about The Seventh Doctor's tenure, is that the show got rested by the BBC just as the show was starting to have a mini-renaissance.

Some of my favourite stories in the show come straight from this era, and the script for Remembrance of the Daleks, is one of the finest pieces of writing to ever grace the show. The fact that a story like that is not the 25th Anniversary story, when the pretty abysmal Silver Nemesis is, just feels a little wrong.

There is so much I enjoy about it though, The Doctor and Ace's student/teacher/friend relationship is so well realised, and their chemistry is electric! It's so obvious why Sophie and Sylvester have remained friends for the last 35 years.

I would love to have seen how the show would have moved forward with Andrew Cartmel and Ben Aaronovitch taking the show into a new era, which I believe was the plan, much like Barry Letts and Terrence Dicks did in the late 60's and early 70's.There was real scope for potential there. And when you look at how the show decided to tell stories when it was revived in 2005, it used a blueprint eerily similar to the way Aaronovitch and Cartmel decided to structure their writing.

Doctor Who under them became just as important to focus on The Doctors travelling partner as anything else. Not only that, but Andrew Cartmel had such an interesting take on what he thought the Doctor should be, and he really knew how to get the performances out of McCoy, when tweaking the dialogue in his job as script editor.

The Seventh Doctor was also "Technically" the current Doctor, when I got into Doctor Who... So I suppose by default, that makes him "My Doctor" I remember even when I understood what regeneration was conceptually in the show, how upset I was when his Doctor died, and regenerated in the Paul McGann TV Movie. It's some really well directed television.

A traveller in space and time getting gunned down, and then dying on an operating table, as a result of complications from surgery, is one of the most harrowing things I remember watching. It all felt a little "too real"  I could not watch it for years and years, but Sylvester McCoy acted that scene fantastically. As a terrified alien, being exposed to human medicine, but not quite knowing what's going to happen.

I also love that The Seventh Doctor is the one to punctuate the final scene in Classic Doctor Who, with some of the most beautifully apt prose from Andrew Cartmel, it's so fitting for both the character and the universe. Which I think is as good of a place as any to leave this part of the rankings.

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well that was nice to get written, I have no idea when I do the next one... or the next "Anything" but it was nice to write something and start to feel a bit more positive again!

I'll catch you whenever the next one is folks!

Edited by rjkclarke
  • Like 4

On 04/08/2022 at 9:15 PM, rjkclarke said:

The Seventh Doctor

Sylvester McCoy (1987-1989, 1996)

Aha!

So - Full Disclosure @rjkclarke - I've held off commenting on most of your Who related posts (games and these awesome lists!) because I'm admittedly, not a Who guy really... however, I was really wondering where Sylvester McCoy would land on these for one very important reason...

...he's the only Doctor I've seen!

For whatever reason, the only episodes I ever actually caught, were Sylverster McCoy ones (I assume repeats, though maybe late 80s... I forget how old I was!) ) at my grandparents house being babysat, and so in my head, they are the pure canon for me - thus rendering all others imposters ?

I had wondered, given that I don't have the broad knowledge, whether what I saw was considered in the "Good" or "Less good" range from a true aficionado - and sounds like he was up there!

Seriously though - in case your wondering whether these "play" for someone unfamiliar with the series really... still great reads! ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/08/2022 at 5:58 PM, YaManSmevz said:

Me too! I'm glad to hear that the emotional chaos is starting to calm down some. It definitely takes time but that calm will come to you eventually!

Although picturing you stomping through England picking up bicycles with one hand and demolishing people as yen flies out of their clothing is an undeniably interesting thought!

Thanks man.... and I'm offensively late replying.... AGAIN.

Thankfully that emotional chaos, has calmed down now, and things are mostly back to normal.

Not gonna lie though, I'm intrigued by the image of me stomping around England using Bicycles as baseball bats! ?

I appreciate that confidence, man! It's just cuz I wrote "me Trabsister friends 3ever good mucis" and called it a day1f614.png

That's still six words more than any Transistor review I've ever written.... but I'm seriously considering writing one myself (and yes I've got a lot of catching up to do with everyone's threads, which I will 100% do)... But there is someone I'd really like to play Transistor, so maybe me writing a review of it that's nice and spoiler free might nudge them in the direction of experiencing that amazing game! :lol:

Seriously! from everything I've heard, Pyre sounds damn near other otherworldly. I kinda want to do that one next but something tells me that playing Bastion first is the way to go.

Pyre really does look amazing doesn't it, and I suspect we'll both love it - I think something Doc said last year to me was pretty on the money, that it's probably better to just go back and do Bastion before going to the more recent ones. It's really good, and I loved Bastion so much, but it doesn't feel quite the same as something like Transistor does. And what I've heard Pyre does, despite still being incredibly good.

I just have such tepid interest in those, and I've already got such huge open worlds waiting for me to get into that I genuinely want to play, so tossing games like Odyssey or Valhalla onto the heap doesn't make much sense.

Pleased to have a trustworthy endorsement for the Ezio trilogy, though!

Yeah you said it perfectly man! There are a bunch of other open world games that I'd like to get to before those as well, so I'm not ruling out ever playing them, I just don't really have all that much interest in them myself.

Yep! The Ezio trilogy gets a very healthy endorsement from me!

On 06/08/2022 at 0:03 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

Aha!

So - Full Disclosure @rjkclarke - I've held off commenting on most of your Who related posts (games and these awesome lists!) because I'm admittedly, not a Who guy really... however, I was really wondering where Sylvester McCoy would land on these for one very important reason...

...he's the only Doctor I've seen!

For whatever reason, the only episodes I ever actually caught, were Sylverster McCoy ones (I assume repeats, though maybe late 80s... I forget how old I was!) ) at my grandparents house being babysat, and so in my head, they are the pure canon for me - thus rendering all others imposters 1f602.png

I had wondered, given that I don't have the broad knowledge, whether what I saw was considered in the "Good" or "Less good" range from a true aficionado - and sounds like he was up there!

Seriously though - in case your wondering whether these "play" for someone unfamiliar with the series really... still great reads! 1f44d.png

That's cool man! I know you're not a big Doctor Who guy or anything, so I appreciate you slapping a comment on now, or giving it a read.

I guess McCoy would have been The Doctor when you were pretty young, so yeah makes sense he's the one you would have seen.

I do like that you sort of see Sylv as the de-facto canon Doctor for you. Especially as he's also a Scot. I really like his Doctor, and I'm honestly a little sad he's outside the top 5, but past that point it's like the tiniest margins of preference between each one. I really like 2/3's of his era of the show, the first series is a pretty awkward transitional period, but his final two are really good, with some really interesting and thoughtful stories, that were heading ina  pretty interesting direction. So it's kind of a shame the damage had been done by that point, and the viewing figures were at an all time low.

Thanks so much though - I'm really glad these fun little Doctor Who'y posts are still interesting to read, so that's really awesome of you to say! And for you not to call your lawyers about the slight joke title about the rankings, not that I thought you'd mind ??

• Like 3

On 3/8/2022 at 8:26 PM, rjkclarke said:

Firstly, no I'm sorry, for all of the really late replies!

I think it's almost 3 weeks since I replied to anyone in here, so don't feel bad.... I'm glad you've been in full on gaming mode, and I hope you've been enjoying that too.I've been the opposite as I've barely wanted to play any games at all, but I'm getting there slowly haha.

Definitely if it's the language that would most fit the game, I'll usually play it in that one. The Yakuza/ Judgment dubs are not like really bad or anything from what I've seen. They just lean into that thing I hate about English dubbing of Japanese things, and that's specifically over-pronouncing the Japanese names, but doing it in a way that still sounds so "White" haha. It's the kind of thing that like really Edgy Anime fans do sometimes, and it just makes me want to turn the volume down haha.

I reckon they'll definitely end up as long ones whenever I get to actually play Persona 4 haha.

I was going to ask you if you'd played the Ezio trilogy in your own language, as I expect the game would hit that much harder that way. I'm pleased you enjoyed them though! And that they still are just as enjoyable.

Like I wouldn't mind actually playing the Ezio trilogy in Italian myself at some point, but it might have to be a while from now, as I'm currently at the end of replaying them, trying to move towards the last Revelations trophies I need.

I'll make sure I've got an eye on the sales then... I don't want KHIII to stay at under 100% forever, if Melody of Memories is not too bad difficulty wise for a rhythm game I'll have to dive on in. As I'm fairly curious about actually playing it, and it's like, 1 extra KH platinum too.

That reminds me - thank you! I have Inside to play at some point as well, and I really ought to get and do it!

Dishonoured and pretty much every other video game that I try to play at the moment haha

I really ought to play Stray, I'm just worried I'm not in the right headspace to really enjoy it properly.

I still need to actually write a review of Ape Escape, which is not ideal, as I played it like 4 weeks ago now, so my memory might be a little hazy haha.

Definitely check out The Artful Escape if you haven't already, that's such a great game! And if you love it, tell another friend and see if they'd like it too, that games deserves all the love.

RDR is so weird - like I love the single player so much.... but the online made me so miserable. To the point where one of my friends basically had to privately tell me to take a break, because I was becoming really miserable and she didn't like hearing me like that haha. I'm glad it's finally at 100% though, so I can at least give it a full review at some point.

Oh you don't have to be sorry, at all, as you can see it took me another 3 times to reply now, wow didn't thought it was this many days O.o Sorry once more for the late reply! 

Ah, i hope this last weeks were more Gaming involved for you then, i see you got back into AC Revelation and a trophy in Dishonored while playing GoW too, great work on them :D 

I mean i absolutely Hate the English Dub on anywhere that isn't from US or UK so, i don't even wanna listen to that i Yakuza :awesome: Seriously in my opnion the EN dubs try so hard to make ti sound their own and you did a perfect example, it's terrible, and this is pretty much in every Media that it's not from them.

Well then i'll gladly wait for your Persona Review, i expect a lot :P 

yeah i indeed played Ac Ezio Trilogy in my language, back in the Ps3 era actually IT dubs were good enough even Uncharted i'll gladly play it againb in Italian, why not it was good, it's in the alst 6-7 years (Or forever in Rpgs anyway) that they are awful, for example GoW when i'll play it i'll do that in ENG, god i tried out F1 22 in Italian and i turned it off and put EN after the first menus and talking it, to give the idea xD 

Well you started Ac Ezio in EN so it makes sense to play it that way :P Plus i gues sit's always better understand a bit what is said, even if i'm in no position to say that or i would be hyprocrite since i play and watch stuff in Japanese knowing like 50 words at most xD 

Well good luck if you manage to congrats! I, for the time ebign at least, gace up in the 100% because, damn if it's hard the final battle, i really couldn't make it! But i wanna of course do it, one day! Let me know when you'll buy it :D And Yeah MoM should be pretty easy fro what i know, even the guide says 4 difficulty and it's a 30% rarity, i doubt it would be so being hard :P Plus i doubt it's super skippable too, sure it doesn't tell that much but we'll see what Kairi and the Others are doing between Kh 3 & 4 still.

Ah you have it too, nice, really great game, i watched it but like 5 years ago, don't remember much i should get into it too!

Well i say you are doing a great job getting back into your games Dishonored so close to the end now, as AC Revelation ^_^ 

Ah i get you, i try to write down reviews right away or i'll either forget or the Desire to write them pass! I see you wrote down a big review about doctor Who, nice! Not my kind of thing (Well i don't really watch any TV be it Movies or Series overall) still great reviews! 

Yeah i haven't and i noticed it's another Annapurna game soi'm sure it's great, it's in my plans for sure! Well i see a good bunch of people playing it here on PSNP beng on the Plus so there's that :)

Yeah so like every rockstar game i guess? :awesome: Personalyl i ahted the Single player too, not the game itself, story and agmeplay were super fun but the 100%? I'm missing only that and i don't care or wanna go to find 3-4 squirrels or whatever to work on1  thing and so on, so boring. I'm Glad you managed to make it all, especially the Online then judging by your experience xD 

• Like 1

Congrats again on the plat and on fiinally getting the review done xD I once again abandoned my whole write up of all the games I've played recently.. I actually did finish up the Ape Escape portion of mine but once again your writing totally puts my measly couple of short paragraphs to shame and makes me feel the need to revise lol. Love the passion you guys all have for the writing part of the process, it always looks so professional haha.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

Thanks man.... and I'm offensively late replying.... AGAIN.

Thankfully that emotional chaos, has calmed down now, and things are mostly back to normal.

Nah man, no worries! And I'm glad to hear that, if anybody deserves a little piece of mind, it's you?

Not gonna lie though, I'm intrigued by the image of me stomping around England using Bicycles as baseball bats! 1f602.png

Get together with Sabbath, man! He'll have you swingin bikes over your head in no time?

That's still six words more than any Transistor review I've ever written.... but I'm seriously considering writing one myself (and yes I've got a lot of catching up to do with everyone's threads, which I will 100% do)... But there is someone I'd really like to play Transistor, so maybe me writing a review of it that's nice and spoiler free might nudge them in the direction of experiencing that amazing game! :lol:

Doo it, doo it?

Pyre really does look amazing doesn't it, and I suspect we'll both love it - I think something Doc said last year to me was pretty on the money, that it's probably better to just go back and do Bastion before going to the more recent ones. It's really good, and I loved Bastion so much, but it doesn't feel quite the same as something like Transistor does. And what I've heard Pyre does, despite still being incredibly good.

Yeah, between Doc's rec and Realm's urging, Pyre is pretty much a lock. Which by default makes Bastion a lock as well, I suppose! I'm looking forward to seein how different each game plays, you can just tell Supergiant has got creativity for daayyys.

On 8/4/2022 at 1:15 PM, rjkclarke said:

Professor RJ's Ultra Science-Fiction Ranking of Doctor Who... Doctor's, Part 2

In case I didn't mention this after your first installment, I love the thought and dedication you're pouring into this. If I had to rank favorites of any medium, I know I'd definitely struggle to provide the same level of care that you do here.

On 8/4/2022 at 1:15 PM, rjkclarke said:

Hurndall-Five-Doctors.jpg

While I've never seen this guy on TV, I do love his oatmeal!

10 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

Platinum #360

Ape Escape (PS4)

Lc261bc.png

Great to see you back on the horse, man!

Or ape, as it were.

Awesome write-up as always, and I gotta say I dig that we've both nabbed ourselves a classic PS1 plat!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

I'm getting there thanks - no need to apologise for replying late either, it's not like I haven't been bad for that lately myself. I appreciate that you actually take the time to do it.

It's been nice getting some gaming back in here and there though - I've also been playing Resident Evil Revelations 2 a lot, which has been absolutely amazing, but you won't see that show up, because I already played it years ago.

I actually wouldn't mind going back and playing the Ezio trilogy in Italian, with some English subtitles on, I really love those games anyway, so being able to hear them how they should probably authentically sound would probably be incredibly cool.

Plus, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to want to replay Assassin's Creed Brotherhood ONE more time. So I could do the other two as well :lol:

Having been playing GoW fairly recently myself, it's quite tougj to imagine that game specifically in any language other than English, I'm sure it works in other languages, but Christopher Judge is just so good as Kratos I struggle to be able to imagine anyone else's voice coming from Kratos.

I'll have to check it out then, I did see it very cheap on Amazon recently, and I forgot to buy it, so I might have to give Melody of Memories a nice little look, just to see what's up really. And you know, it'd be nice to have all of the Kingdom Hearts platinum's again (well without stacking anyway) at least until KHIV releases in Two thousand and never 1f602.png - I think we'll have a long wait for that one.

Thank you! I'm trying to get some of those pesky stragglers on my backlog ticked off, and I've now done all the hard stuff in Dishonoured, and I've got one pesky trophy left in AC Revelations, so I really ought to dive back in, and give that a go at some point soon.

That's usually what I try to do as well - around the time I was playing Ape Escape I had like a pretty big patch of just burnout and really not good feeling for a while, so I kind of just left off writing it for a while, so when I returned to write that Ape Escape review (that this reply is attached to ironically) I did struggle a bit to remember where my head was at with it.

I totally agree with you though! That it's better to just write about them fairly soon afterwards, otherwise you find yourself less and less likely to actually want to do it.

It was definitely an experience that's for sure! I can see why you probably decided to give up with some of the really silly requirements for the 100%, they are a little bit unusual and obnoxious some of them!

Thanks I'm glad I managed to do it too, ultimately - but unfortunately the two times I attempted doing Red Dead Redemption's online portion in the last 6 years have been pretty disastrous, some of it this time around was alright. But yeah, one trophy in particular really drove me a little crazy. Even having one of my favourite people in the whole world, along with me for the ride didn't actually make it any easier not to find the experience incredibly sapping. I'm glad it's one less horrible set of online trophies to have to worry about!

This time same as you i'll reply right away, no waiting weeks, i appreciate you too taking the time, espeiclaly with some Massive Reviews to write like this one, Damn i read some lines and it really makes me wanna try out Ape escape, i really should! Didn't know about the Diffrent Voice acting, well i have the Console in US english so that is for me i guess :P 

Anyway, wonderful Review! For such a short game, can't imagine your Review of a 100+ hours game xD

Ah, glad to hear you got some time to get back into it! And Enjoy then, it's always nice Re-Playing a game you like no mater the trophies :) 

Well i surely recommend it, especially because it's actual normal Italian and not forced dialects like it usually is in the EN versions (God DQ XI has a Vencie based town it's awful in English to say an example) so you can definitively do that when you'll play it again on Ps4, it's on the PSPlus Extra too if you have it so no need to ppay it, i'm curious when you'll play it about your thoughts then :D 

I Mean the problem with Bortherhood was the Online :P Thankfully it's removed on the Ps4 collection so you can enjoy the agmes full Single player and so it's only Collectable founding that takes a while. No 20 Hour online boosting :dance:

Yeah no i agree especially because, with my thinking, it's an American game so ti sounds better that way, only other Great language could be Swedish of finnish something like that being in those areas but who knows. I don't even, as said, wanna try it in my language :awesome: 

Yeah MoM it's pretty cheap right now i think, wait i check. Yeah it's 20 € on my Amazon so pretty "cheap", it paied it 15 during an Amazon Sale.You think? I don't think so i expect it for the Mid-End of 2024, just because FF16 has to come out first i doubt it's gonna be later than that. anyway yeah i should work on all the stacks, i'm clealry a massive fan but still missing a lot of plats for the series :( 

Nice work and good luck on 100% with this games! It's greta you can get back into them and try to finish them, it's something i struggle with so, eprsonally, respect! 

Ah well it's normal i guess, after writing down a lot felling burnt out it's Standard for me too so i understand you taking a break (I Mean i stilll have to get back to my Weekly Recap for example) and it doens't seem like you didn't remembered much :P 

Yeah i would say, for me at least, i write them as soon as i can even because otherwise my lazy booty will take weeks for it :giggle:

I think i'm only missing few stuff but so specific and to spend hours finding 2-3 things that it's really annoying to. RDR 100% has sooo many useless things you never care for or use but have to do for the Plat and that's it -_- Basically 1 of my many reasons why i'll never play a Rockstar game ever, i refuse to work hours and hurs on a 100% of a game i enjoied and that's it.

I cna't say much about those online trophies becuase like what 8? Years i think passed since i did them i don't remember anything at all aside from beign super boring. At least you don't have to ever get back into that suffering ever again thankfully xD Unless you're a Masochist and wanna try waste time on gta online :awesome: 

• Like 1

On 8/3/2022 at 7:26 PM, rjkclarke said:

Not quite Spiderman it would seem..... CripplingSadnessDesparatefeelingofpowerlessnessandBurnoutMan is more accurate right about now.... But I don't think that really has a very good Superhero ring to it to me...

What would my powers be? The power of self doubt, and caring too much :lol:

Don't panic by the way, I'm coming out of the other side of that, I just thought I'd lighten the mood a little.

I had no doubt that you would be doing so!

I'll bet DC would make that film quicker than doing a Superman sequel lol

It sure does! I do love me some Infinite Ammo for those games... It actually comes in handy when you just want to replay the game and just see the story play out too. So absolutely yay for Infinite Ammo in Resident Evil games!

???

I expect you probably got that problematic thing done by now for playing a match every 30 days! I guess now you just wait until you're on platinum numer 349 and get that bad boy unlocked... It'll be a nice one to have if it does end up being your rarest FF Platinum!

Yes I got that one done (still have to get a lot of titles but they'll come from playing the single player part) but no as you've probably seen and know, I've done a platinum walkthrough guide for Hot Shots Golf, got a trophy guide waiting to hopefully be published and been playing short games from the Premium sub my wife upgraded to for a very reasonable price for 8 months, so games like ones you've played I'm looking at playing (Ape Escape) and ones that you and others have recommended highly like The Artful Escape. Been interesting exploring those older games and ones that wouldn't have been bought and played otherwise. The Premium sub for my wife has worked out at the mo due to the games there and the low cost for those 8 months, but otherwise Sony aren't keeping their end of the deal with the Premium tier, I mean not a single game was added in the latest update yet the Extra tier specifically got 11 I believe including all those Yakuzas. Obviously you get access to those with Premium but why pay the extra money with no games for that tier on offer in one month and only 2 or 3 small ones added the previous month? Also apart from those initial 5 PS1 games with trophy support, there have been no others. Sony dropping the ball there again tbh.

Definitely, I'm just very impatient when it comes to things like that haha.

Final Fantasy VII will be a nice one for you for #300 as well....and #301 haha.... I'm quite intrigued by Intergrade, so I guess I'm just going to go straight into the PS5 version I think, Looking forward to getting to it at some point though.

Everyone is different lol

Well funnily enough, it's on the Extra tier with the Intermission DLC so when you get a PS5 you could always just dive right in! Cmon, you know you want to lol

I am actually quite glad we don't live in that universe haha.

Yeah it is a bit of a shame that Sega sort of died as a console giant...... I'm glad we ended up getting Yakuza out of it though. So you know there's always upsides to everything haha,

lol me too

Indeed, Sega has strengthened in it's software department and output in some ways since leaving the consoles behind, but in other ways it hasn't. It's also a shame it abandoned the arcade scene which is still massive in Japan too but there you go.

EDIT - Also just noticed I'm getting closer and closer to 15000 trophies, so I'd better keep an eye on that and the PS3 had better be ready for the Sonic 2 speedrun trophy!

EDIT EDIT - Got that Sonic 2 speedrun trophy for my 15,000 trophy milestone! Really fun to go through my favourite Sonic game again! So many banging tunes in it.

EDIT EDIT EDIT - BUMP! For this thread and the ball in the pinball game I'm playing at the mo lol

Edited by The_Kopite
Updated information
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Thanks for sharing RJ. I'm very happy for you to have found someone that you can deeply trust and who accepts you for who you are.

Re GoW: we have a lot of similar thoughts on this game! I too have a great appreciation for it. It seems that we both like the new combat/the directions taken with character development and that we had similar criticisms of the limitations of the new camera angle.

As a very visual person who often has to reduce the volume of the TV so that my kids can sleep, I did not take as much notice of GoW's audio suite, and getting the perspective from a mole person is always a highlight of reading your checklist.

Watching that linked clip reminded me of my favourite aspect of Kratos' dynamic with Atreus: Kratos isn't trying to steer Atreus away from the pattern of sons killing their fathers in an attempt to live longer; he's doing it in an attempt to save Atreus from a life of regret and shame. I wonder whether your bearded brother would also play GoW in addition to your nephew...

• Like 4

Hah amazing review, the one I've been waiting for :D glad you are back!

Not much to add ~you said it best and I also agree, GoW2018 is a fantastic game and one that actually saved what remained out of Kratos' character in GoW3. What a twist of a development that was, which is further accentuated by Ragnarok (You'll see!)

On 11/9/2022 at 4:26 AM, rjkclarke said:

With the shift in direction towards a more subtle and nuanced form of storytelling, naturally this new take on God of War has changed substantially from how it was previously. I feel like this is one of the aspects that are probably most up for debate between people. God of War as a series was always synonymous with absolutely belting action set pieces, even going as far back as the PS2 days. It would be a lie, to say that God of War possesses no action at all, and no action set pieces, it does, they’re just slightly fewer and far between than they once were.

But when they’re good, they’re really good, much like the God of War of old, God of War has always excelled at demonstrating some of the monstrous size differences between Kratos and his foes, and that is no different here. If I was going to criticise any small part of this aspect of the game, it’s that the boss fights themselves often feel a little unimaginative, compared to previous entries in the series, outside of one or two specific examples, and of course, the valkyries. But it’s not something I personally felt hampered the experience for me at all.

This was one of my original complaints with GoW2018. The boss fights weren't as grand as in the past games.

However...I have the impression that this wasn't a situation like in the original series, where GOW2 was  "GOW1 but BETTER". I feel that this time GOW and GOWRagnarok were supposed to be one game, but had to be split into half because well the first game is already huge as it is. So probably that was the intention behind the not-as-huge-as-Cronos boss fights.

Something I personally found really effective about those small character moments I mentioned above is that they don’t just extend to Kratos and Atreus, and only them. One area God of War really does excel quite well in is compelling characters, whether it’s the strained relationship between Brok and Sindri, or the unravelling and interesting tales of both Baldur and Freya, the game always allows for those quiet but effective exploratory moments, with the characters and for me personally, I think that’s just as good as any bombastic action set piece could ever be.

Imagine my shock...when Kratos found Brok and Sindri....and he didn't immediately use them as doorstoppers for some stupid ass puzzle xD 

Really, Kratos TALKING like a NORMAL BEING? I think that was the biggest wow moment of the game 

Alongside the change from linear to open world – the combat system too, changed dramatically. This one I’m not entirely sure was for the better. I feel as if, for the most part it definitely is. I could never argue that God of War doesn’t have more versatility and options open to you as far as the combat itself goes. The thing that I think hinders it from being a truly great feature of the game is the camera – having a fixed camera, that is focused exclusively on Kratos’ back becomes a problem when encountering situations where a multitude of enemies are on screen.

There becomes a tendency to get overwhelmed by attacks that are not easily avoided, so when you factor in the fact you can only block from one angle at a time, it becomes a little easy to become swamped on higher difficulties.

That being said – I did personally really enjoy the versatility and variability that God of War’s combat offers us as players. Instead of just being faced with the usual “bread and butter” combo’s you’d expect from Kratos of old, combo’s which still exist by the way. I shall not spoil how or why they are, for those that don’t yet know, but believe me, that moment is one you won’t soon forget.  You’re faced with options for melee combat, and magical combat. With the inclusion of armour sets, and weighted stats, this new iteration of God of War also allows us the opportunity for specific builds. Which is something I appreciated as it does allow you to tailor the game more towards your own personal preference, instead of needing to rely solely on just your knowledge of the in-game combo’s alone.

If there was a "necessary" downside, then yeah the combat is the one that took a hit. I don't believe the game would have been as compelling if you saw Kratos from a fixed camera position, but the combat is not as fast paced as in the previous games.

But...if you tinker with your equipment...and experiment... you will resurrect the Ghost of Sparta. It just takes a lot more practice and not as many :square::square::triangle: combos.

(besides if I want a pure gameplay experience, I'd already play DMC again xD )

Christopher Judge however brings a completely new edge to Kratos, you can tell how much research and time he poured into bringing the character to life. There’s brilliance to this version of Kratos that is simultaneously old and new.

There’s isolated parts of his performance that are deliberately reminiscent of T.C Carson’s portrayal of Kratos, but Christoper Judge plays them in such a subtle and interesting way, that through both his excellent motion capture and vocal range, you can tell Kratos is instantly ashamed and disgusted with himself, every time a slight reminder of his past comes rushing to the forefront.

This was and is one of the aspects of the game that resonated with the most personally, is just how powerful of a performance Judge manages across the entirety of the game. Whether that’s through key story events, or side quests his commitment to the character is second to none.

TC Carson's portrayal was peak perfection for a younger, angrier and stupider Kratos. However Christopher Judge couldn't have done it better for the "it's time to be calm" Kratos.

Actually - nothing more to comment here, we all love Teal'c as Kratos.

And just like that, I'm back...... It's been a while, I really don't want to get into the specifics of why I've not been around too much, let's just say it's been a roller-coaster, one with plenty of ups and downs, but it's good to be back. And it's good to feel comfortable posting again.

I am going to break some of my own review rules, and skip ahead a bit before skipping back to my review of Stray, but my thread, my rules :lol:.....

First I want to write my first - but definitely won't be my last co-written review, of Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons.Which is a game I played co-op, with a pretty special person.....and I'm so looking forward to writing about our experiences with that game. 

So I hope to have that out in a couple of days, or less - as I'm sure anyone who's played it is probably curious as to how a game like that could even be made into a co-op experience, well that'll be a fun review to both write and read hopefully.

Catch you in the next one folks...... Feels weird writing that after so long 1f602.png

So glad to see you back, once again. I truly missed the long posts :D and the conclusion to Dr Who ranking xD 

And I still haven't watched the damn show ?

• Like 2