Firefox plugin to access old PS3 store [removed]

Helyx

Nice job indeed.

I don't get why they butchered the store like that, it used to be simple and user friendly. Now it looks more like a 'showcase' type of website.

Oh and not even talking about the fact that the new wishlist didn't carry over the items that were in the old one.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

After trying it, I'm not able to access my download list, nor my wishlist. Hoping there's a fix for that. But it does work somewhat.

That's weird, the Download List is supposed to work...

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

Absolutely brilliant! I was cataloguing all my owned unplayed Vita games and was dreading doing the same for the PS3. Now I can do it in the browser AND have an easier time browsing what I still need afterwards. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Helyx said:

Green across the board. https://status.playstation.com/

I'm now getting an error code 80029509, and unable to download games to my PS3 (mostly PS1 classics that I've bought over the years). I read one old forum post to just shut my PS3 off for about two hours, and the issue should go away. But another older forum post says to contact Playstation Support, as my account could be flagged for some violation. Are you having any issues in downloading any games to your PS3 or PSP?

12 minutes ago, TigerHawk_Neo said:

I'm now getting an error code 80029509, and unable to download games to my PS3 (mostly PS1 classics that I've bought over the years). I read one old forum post to just shut my PS3 off for about two hours, and the issue should go away. But another older forum post says to contact Playstation Support, as my account could be flagged for some violation. Are you having any issues in downloading any games to your PS3 or PSP?

I'm getting DNS issues right now. No issues on Vita, but i had to disable 2FA AGAIN. Is it me or it is no longer viable to use 2FA if you own a PS3 and/or a Vita? You cannot download anything, even from the download queue.

EDIT: nevermind, i fixed the DNS issues by changing it to 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4 but it still doesn't make sense as i never needed to do this until a couple of weeks ago.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

Just now, Lance_87 said:

I'm getting DNS issues right now. No issues on Vita, but i had to disable 2FA AGAIN. Is it me or it is no longer viable to use 2FA if you own a PS3 and/or a Vita? You cannot download anything, even from the download queue.

I might be in the same boat, but for a different reason. I use the sharing feature, whereby I share my account with my brother, and we log into each other's account from time to time to either play a game either of us owns, or download something into our console. He told me he has 2FA activated, and ever since I used the 2FA unique password he sent to me it's been causing me a few issues. I guess I'd better contact Playstation Support, and ask for some assistance.

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

The developer removed the plugin and the old site doesn't seem to work anymore. I mean it's still up, but it just says "Page not found".

It's gone. Again. :(

It was good while it lasted. Direct quote from the creator:

"they blocked the OAuth Client ID used by Valkyrie, i tried replacing it with one they use somewhere else, but it seems the kamaji: scopes are gone too, meaning you cant get permission to use the storefront API's. so even though they still exist you cant really use them."

On 4/24/2021 at 0:32 PM, Honor_Hand said:

This Silica guy is an absolute genius. Kudos to him for finding about this and working on a solution to access the old store.

The add-on worked perfectly for me. :D

same guy who worked on apps for cfw vita he knows his stuff :) see guys not all hackers are bad

• Like 2

This lasted what, a few days?

I'm not using the new store. It's a pile of shit. Sad that someone out there can design a better website (Platprices.com) with useful links and information over a website that a giant corporation designed.

Modern website design is fucking sad. None of the big companies are hiring competent web designers to make them their websites. Did they hire interns for the new Sony Store? Because that's what it looks like to me.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

This lasted what, a few days?

I'm not using the new store. It's a pile of shit. Sad that someone out there can design a better website (Platprices.com) with useful links and information over a website that a giant corporation designed.

Modern website design is fucking sad. None of the big companies are hiring competent web designers to make them their websites. Did they hire interns for the new Sony Store? Because that's what it looks like to me.

If we could generate the same amount of passion and energy as the recent "Unable to find Patch" thread, then maybe Sony could get off their ass and start listening to us customers. Their new store front is garbage, and you're right, kudos to SilicaAndPina who created such an awesome plugin for Firefox. If one dude can create something that awesome, imagine if Sony got their head out of the sand and actually worked to improve the old and new web store fronts? They should hire SilicaAndPina to become their main web designer.

• Like 2