I got scout log 9 and figured out how to get it

GorosBat

11 hours ago, Zuntenshi said:

After 30+ hours of farming Biome 1, I finally got the Audio log #9.. Aaaaaaand the trophy didn't pop. Absolutely fantastic. So yeah. People might be aware of this. 

Edit: Also just finished Ice Biome, no trophy either. So no idea what the heck is going on. But yeah. 

Same finished ice biome and no trophy.. love how they said they fixed the trophies.. when they fix the surveys they better be retroactive...

9 hours ago, Zuntenshi said:

Yeah. Been playing online since release. And no, no video or picture, since I disabled it. 

Edit: It just randomly popped.. Not even on the same biome or anything. No idea what the heck happened, but it popped.. Now if the other biome trophy would pop as well, that would be swell. 

Biome 1 or ice biome popped?

OMG, 18 hours and hundreds of runs I got scout log 9. As we know it's in a dark blue room. My method was just run as fast as possible to search rooms but if it was a lockdown room or one where you have to teleport multiple times I'd just reset! 

Just keep trying you'll get it eventually 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JewishPanCaKe said:

Same finished ice biome and no trophy.. love how they said they fixed the trophies.. when they fix the surveys they better be retroactive...

Biome 1 or ice biome popped?

Biome 1 one did. Still no sign of Ice one yet. 

43 minutes ago, F-o-D-Aurora said:

OMG, 18 hours and hundreds of runs I got scout log 9. As we know it's in a dark blue room. My method was just run as fast as possible to search rooms but if it was a lockdown room or one where you have to teleport multiple times I'd just reset! 

Just keep trying you'll get it eventually 

Got my log 9 yesterday after maybe a dozen runs, but I would not skip because of lockdown room, you can easily kill everything with sword in biome 1.

10 minutes ago, xDriverZero said:

Got my log 9 yesterday after maybe a dozen runs, but I would not skip because of lockdown room, you can easily kill everything with sword in biome 1.

Yeah I did every room for the 1st 10 hours, the sword is op asf! But it takes too long, you can check 3-4 rooms in a couple of mins skipping all the areas! Worked for me,

Scout log wise I am missing 9, 34 and 44. I know 9 is in biome 1 but is there anyway to link where each scout log/glyph you are missing to an area without the use of those cards on the PS5? I’ve read they are not marrying up with your game but the main problem I have is that they don’t always appear for me when I’m in game and hit the PS button. For future games are there any ways to consistently make them appear? I’ve just thought maybe there is a way on the dashboard through the options button when you’re on a game’s thumbnail but can’t test as not on my PS5 at the min. 

Edited by lynx_1985

36 minutes ago, lynx_1985 said:

Scout log wise I am missing 9, 34 and 44. I know 9 is in biome 1 but is there anyway to link where each scout log/glyph you are missing to an area without the use of those cards on the PS5? I’ve read they are not marrying up with your game but the main problem I have is that they don’t always appear for me when I’m in game and hit the PS button. For future games are there any ways to consistently make them appear? I’ve just thought maybe there is a way on the dashboard through the options button when you’re on a game’s thumbnail but can’t test as not on my PS5 at the min. 

34 is in biome 3 at the beginning section, If the starting jump platforms has an blue orb on one of the left platform, that should be it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, darkfall_sig said:

34 is in biome 3 at the beginning section, If the starting jump platforms has an blue orb on one of the left platform, that should be it.

Thanks man, got it just as I started playing after I posted also got scout log 9 too. 

For the the guys asking about 31 wish I could help but I don’t remember where I picked it up sorry. 

On 03/05/2021 at 3:44 AM, TricksyBagginses said:

So I finally got scout log 9 and think I have worked out the method to get it to spawn more reliably.

Let me start by noting that the name of the scout log is “Parasite Attachment”. Why does the name matter you may ask? Well, in my situation scout log 9 wasn’t the only log I needed, I also required number 10-Restart Location. If like me, you beat Returnal in a short time (11 hours myself), you’ve probably become good enough where you can blaze though biome 1 without needing to take things such as parasites, knowing that they 9/10 times don’t have a good trade off so you will probably leave them alone entirely.

Now, getting back to scout log 10. In biome 1 I never used the revive room because biome 1 is easy. So one run I decided, screw it I will try using it and then die on purpose in biome 1 and use the revive. And low and behold I found scout log 10 in the revive room in my next run.

This brings me to the conclusion that certain scout logs only spawn after taking certain actions in a run. So in the next run a started picking up parasites and (from luck) scout log 9 spawned in a room behind a blue triangle door in a small room with a single turret.

Side not- don’t speedrun the biome and instead do full clears because each room can only spawn once in a single run, making it more probably to spawn rooms you haven’t visited yet, this will be helpful in future runs when you try to get missing xenoglyph cithers. Hope I was helpful to anyone trying to get this final scout log!

about Scout Log 9 that's not true. Died with parasites attached but the scout log didn't show.

25 hours speed running biome 1 and still no scout log 9. The level design is either broken and if done on purpose a smack in the face to the players. I guess until they patch this it will be my first Housemarque game I will not platinum. 

Edited by JaapertNL
typo
  • Like 1

On my 4th run since starting the game I noticed I had scout log 9 already.  I didn't notice that was the one until after the fact, so I'm going by memory, but I'm pretty sure I found it in a room that you go to when you use the consumable that sends you to a random room.  The room was full of those purple blobs with tentacles that you can shoot or run over to squish them and they might leave an item behind.  After destroying all of them there were like 3 parasites revealed and the scout log about the parasites.

On 07/05/2021 at 9:15 PM, QuietCool187 said:

I got Log 9, but the trophy didn’t pop. The card for the Ruins survey says I’m at 97% on survey and 83% on logs. I have logs 1-19. I have not beat the biome 3 boss or anything beyond yet. Is there a log you get later in the Overgrown Ruins, or is this a glitch? 

I'm in exactly the same boat. Have all scout logs that are listed as being in biome 1 including the elusive 9&10 but haven't beaten the 3rd boss yet. Activity card is at 97% with 83% scout logs. No idea what I'm missing.

7 hours ago, GalacticStagg said:

I'm in exactly the same boat. Have all scout logs that are listed as being in biome 1 including the elusive 9&10 but haven't beaten the 3rd boss yet. Activity card is at 97% with 83% scout logs. No idea what I'm missing.

try using the offline restart method in this video 

Credits to @pris_baty

I got my glitched biome 5 trophy this method

On 5/12/2021 at 5:38 AM, JaapertNL said:

25 hours speed running biome 1 and still no scout log 9. The level design is either broken and if done on purpose a smack in the face to the players. I guess until they patch this it will be my first Housemarque game I will not platinum. 

I recommend maxing out you parasites research progress (DATABANK - Resources - first entry - bottom right corner) by just picking up every parasites you run into in your log hunting runs

I got my #9 log in about 10 runs after maxing it out. 

Not 100% sure they are related, but it won't cost you extra time

Edited by bri11iant_Y

Just got Log #9 after completing Parasite Database 100%. Restarted my PS5 just for the lulz, and there it was after the second blue door.

You can even watch the video of my stream i just ended for confirmation. Last couple of minutes. Log #51 left though

I was missing only Log #9. After countless hours speed running bio1 (I stopped counting after 200+), I backed up my save and started a new game.

Got the Log on the first run after the forced death and getting a parasite, part of the broad tutorial .

I have now to complete Act 1 and 2 to be able to collect again Bio1 Survey. At least that way, I know I am certainly reaching somewhere at the end instead of endlessly searching for something that might never spawn if odds don't favor.

This Log is obviously bugged.

I've been grinding for 10 hours and nothing. I tried everything. My parasite database is 100%. And this is my second playthrough because my old got wiped out. I guess I'm the unlucky one. Still love the game but this audio log needs a patch asap.

• 1 month later...
On 2021/5/3 at 2:44 PM, TricksyBagginses said:

Now, getting back to scout log 10. In biome 1 I never used the revive room because biome 1 is easy. So one run I decided, screw it I will try using it and then die on purpose in biome 1 and use the revive. And low and behold I found scout log 10 in the revive room in my next run.

Thanks god !!

I finally got my platinum

• 4 weeks later...