Biomutant Trophy Thoughts?

Rubempia16

@SnowNinjaRaccoon

Just checking out the guide on PowerPyx.com and maybe you can answer the following;

Old World Gadgets trophy
Discover all 15 Old World Gadgets

"*Potentially Bugged since Patch 2.01* – the trophy is seemingly unobtainable with Patch 2.01. It worked fine on previous version 1.00. The only workaround is to buy the disc version, disconnect the console from the internet so it can’t download the patch, and play offline. Or wait and hope for a patch to fix it in the future. Luckily, you can get 15 Old World Gadgets in about 1 hour in a New Game if you run straight to them."

I'll probably get the game today would it be wise to just get all trophies on 2.01 and make a new file on 1.00 and rush this trophy afterwards? I don't mind an hour or 2 extra if that fixes all the crashes etc. or should I wait for a fix

4 minutes ago, MiahMamoon said:

4 missable trophies seem like a pain 

No they aren't really if you make a tactical save before each World Eater (boss fight). 

The mechanic you are instructed to use on each boss means that you will most likely complete the trophy requirement naturally, however in the event that you happen to miss one of them or all of them, without a back up save you will have to start over as the bosses don't respawn once you have beaten them.

Just now, Deluziion90 said:

@SnowNinjaRaccoon

Just checking out the guide on PowerPyx.com and maybe you can answer the following;

Old World Gadgets trophy

"*Potentially Bugged since Patch 2.01* – the trophy is seemingly unobtainable with Patch 2.01. It worked fine on previous version 1.00. The only workaround is to buy the disc version, disconnect the console from the internet so it can’t download the patch, and play offline. Or wait and hope for a patch to fix it in the future. Luckily, you can get 15 Old World Gadgets in about 1 hour in a New Game if you run straight to them."

I'll probably get the game today would it be wise to just get all trophies on 2.01 and make a new file on 1.00 and rush this trophy afterwards? I don't mind an hour or 2 extra if that fixes all the crashes etc. or should I wait for a fix

Sorry to chip in.

You wont get the glitched trophies on the latest patch as i've tried a new game on this version (digital) and also utilising old saves, NG+ etc. Unless you get the disc version and keep it at 1.00 it'll be advisable waiting. The Day One patch which im sure will drop today may address these. They patched the Pew Pew trophy at least for me over a week ago when that glitched, so i'd say they'll address these issues.

38 minutes ago, Ashbo said:

One of the fortunate ones bud.

I came acoss the quest giver on patch 1.00 but the game crashed when I approached him and at the time wasnt sure if he was key to the story etc so in an attempt to risk him not appearing again, the next time I saw him in the same spot I ignored him until I'd progressed the story further.

This now needs a patch for me lol as the two updates 2.00 and 2.01 have broken it because I can get him to spawn every time outside the church near the area End of the Line, but when I approach him, he turns away, walks off and vanishes which I believe is what happens once you have recieved all his quests. :/

I have to admit that I often found him and then he just vanished into pieces. Sometimes he would stand there and talk to me. No idea how that exactly is supposed to be. But the disappearing happened to me aswell.

Edited by Yoey_666
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Yoey_666 said:

I have to admit that I often found him and then he just vanished into pieces. Sometimes he would stand there and talk to me. No idea how that exactly is supposed to be. But the disappearing happened to me aswell.

Honestly, as i've had the game for a while I have tried so many ways to get the prompt for the quest since I first saw him, but havent been successful.

Im sure they will fix it. 

3 hours ago, Ashbo said:

Honestly, as i've had the game for a while I have tried so many ways to get the prompt for the quest since I first saw him, but havent been successful.

Im sure they will fix it. 

If I remember right, I found him the first time on the green directly to the right of the 2nd world eater arena. After I talked to him there, he spawned pretty regular until I got the trophy. Can you maybe check that spot just for fun ?

Edited by Yoey_666
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Yoey_666 said:

If I remember right, I found him the first time on the green directly to the right of the 2nd world eater arena. After I talked to him there, he spawned pretty regular until I got the trophy. Can you maybe check that spot just for fun ?

Hmm yeh I may check that bud, no harm in trying. :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ashbo said:

Hmm yeh I may check that bud, no harm in trying. :)

Ok just for curiousity ..

Because when I started playing I always wondered why that guy is disappearing, then when I was on my way to the 2nd worldeater I just stopped directly to the right of it and walked in the back, there he stood. Then I was able to talk to him frequently.

Let me know if it was for nothing :)

7 minutes ago, Yoey_666 said:

Ok just for curiousity ..

Because when I started playing I always wondered why that guy is disappearing, then when I was on my way to the 2nd worldeater I just stopped directly to the right of it and walked in the back, there he stood. Then I was able to talk to him frequently.

Let me know if it was for nothing :)

Definitely mate, yeh I will.

Can you remember the name.of the area or closest fast travel point?

I already have the platinum. A fun and easy trophy list. 

Old World Gadgets trophy

"*Potentially Bugged since Patch 2.01* – the trophy is seemingly unobtainable with Patch 2.01. It worked fine on previous version 1.00. The only workaround is to buy the disc version, disconnect the console from the internet so it can’t download the patch, and play offline. Or wait and hope for a patch to fix it in the future. Luckily, you can get 15 Old World Gadgets in about 1 hour in a New Game if you run straight to them." Powerpyx

The game was unique and beautifull. I hope for a PS5 Version in the future. 

Edited by PoundofLife89-_-

Straight forward plat this and imo fun to play and earn (not including potential bugs).

4 missables, no difficulty related etc and will take you around 25-30hrs to plat.

Two trophies currently bugged, but hopefully as the devs are aware that a patch will address these.

Disc version players, just play at 1.00v and you will get the plat straight forward. Im stuck at 89% currently so fingers crossed I can get over the line soon.

Just got a bit into the main game and found out about

Old World Gadgets trophy

It's really fast indeed if you rush it as PowerPyx mentions. I'll probably go for 14/15 and hope for a patch before I finish up the rest. If not I'll just cloud save my game and reinstall on 1.00. So far having a blast with this game. Though the graphics are sometimes a bit blurry. Playing on PS5 with a 32 curved screen. Wouldn't recommoned that setup for this game :P 

Edited by Deluziion90

6 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Just got a bit into the main game and found out about

Old World Gadgets trophy

It's really fast indeed if you rush it as PowerPyx mentions. I'll probably go for 14/15 and hope for a patch before I finish up the rest. If not I'll just cloud save my game and reinstall on 1.00. So far having a blast with this game. Though the graphics are sometimes a bit blurry. Playing on PS5 with a 32 curved screen. Wouldn't recommoned that setup for this game :P 

There are more than 15 gadgets with Pipes and Power Boxes being included in the list and plentiful whereas the others have a side quest attached to each one.

I've been looking forward to this one and still am, despite reviews being all over the place. I haven't had as much time to play lately, so a 25 - 30 hour platinum sounds great. It's a shame that a trophy is probably bugged... I hope they fix it quickly, but an additional hour worst-case is not so bad. 

4 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Save file is not backwards compatible according another comment on this forum.

Cloud save. Delete game and reinstall on 1.00 should work ?

- Get all trophies except bugged ones on 2.01. Then Cloud save

- Delete game reinstall the game on 1.00 start a new game and rush those 15 gadgets.

- Update game back to 2.01 and download cloud save

Edited by Deluziion90

Looked at PowerPyx guide. Looks like a game I'll be able to just enjoy and not really worry about missables, as the missables seem straight forward.

Only thing I don't like is the "get all skills in guns / melee trees". As I hate having to hold onto points and save / reload. But that's me nit picking.

Hopefully bugged trophies get fixed soon or are already fixed with day 1 patch(?).

Edited by Skurkitty