Playstation's Website continues to get worse: Losing Parties, Friends, & Trophy info June 28th.

MrHealthy

They continue to be more and more anti consumer. I don't use the site for much else other than messaging to begin with because of how godawful it is but wow..I don't wanna grab my phone every time to reply to messages. I would probably be more inclined to if the app functioned better. I use the site constantly to message friends. This is just another frustrating change. The PS5 literally has not changed since I got it day 1, anti social system...this actually is very disappointing. 

I can't believe instead of improving social aspects of gaming, they are going backwards..they really would be nothing without the words "Only on playstation" SIGH...

Shutdown communities with a long gap before discord comes to the console as well.....UGH

Edited by Kal-El457
  • Like 2

ok so I cnat use mesages at all anymore thanks sony

I have no way anymore to contact the people  for the boosting session I said up either

so I am screwed:(

how am I supossed to ever boost trophies now  without any way to contact anyone

7 minutes ago, visvoer18 said:

I have no way anymore to contact the people  for the boosting session I said up either

Through the app I guess. 

4 minutes ago, visvoer18 said:

not an option for me I dont have nor do I want a smartphone

Same here. Obviously in my previous post, I was already anticipating that it will be awful, but only today I realise how horrible it really is. I feel completely cut out from my friends, since I can't check who is online or who wrote me, without actually being logged in to the PS, which is in another room than my PC, and even then I can't really answer them, because "typing" with a controller takes forever.

I have even installed Discord on my PC now (which I didn't want to do), but it is so buggy and I only have two people on there from my PS friendlist, and it won't help with communicating to coordinate sessions or write with people when playing.

Way of the world I guess.

Edited by Infernopommes
  • Like 2

Just now, Infernopommes said:

Same here. Obviously in my previous post, I was already anticipating that it will be awful, but only today I realise how horrible it really is. I feel completely cut out from my friends, since I can't check who is online or who wrote me, without actually being logged in to the PS, which is in another room than my PC, and even then I can't really answer them, because "typing" with a controller takes forever.

I have even installed Discord on my PC now (which I didn't want to do), but it is so buggy and I only have two people on there from my PS friendlist, and it won't help with communicating to coordinate session or write with people when playing.

Way of the world I guess.

yeah sucks for me it was 1 of the few ways I ahd of staying in contact with my bets friends showw of the games we got in and everything and thats gone now:(

so asside from the ocassional phone call  I probatly cna never spopeak them again asside from the few times a year we see each other

I didnt even knew the web version would go down as well:(

worst part is the timing 1 of them lost his dad last night now its relay ahrd to be there for him as well.

I will actualy be happy now if the last vita games are out now because that emans I will never have to support sony ever again

Doesn’t seem to have impacted this site’s functions. Did it hurt any of the other trackers? 

22 minutes ago, visvoer18 said:

Use your console?

Edited by MidnightDragon

Just now, Lance_87 said:

Install some Android emulator on PC then.

suure works probatly just as good as virtual pc especialy on my close to 10 year old pc with an old version of windows 7 since microsoft forced me to not allow updates anymroe after they tried to FORCE instal windows 10. also  even if I had a good pc   that would mean  i had to put that on my pc  start it every time  slowing down all other services and stuff on my pc  etc.

im not an icter  I wouldnt even know how to do it if I wanted it

2 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Doesn’t seem to have impacted this site’s functions. Did it hurt any of the other trackers? 

Use your console?

mesages are taken down on vita browser and ps3  all my options.

6 minutes ago, visvoer18 said:

suure works probatly just as good as virtual pc especialy on my close to 10 year old pc with an old version of windows 7 since microsoft forced me to not allow updates anymroe after they tried to FORCE instal windows 10.

I have a 10+ years old PC, too, but Microsoft never ever tried to force me to install Win10 and i was still able to get updates on Win7 as of November 2020.

ps: what's a "icter"?

Edited by Lance_87

1 minute ago, Lance_87 said:

I have a 10+ years old PC, too, but Microsoft never ever tried to force me to install Win10 and i was still able to get updates on Win7 as of November 2020.

here you are just lying  microsoft forced windows 10 on everyone  they got a ton of bad pr for it it happened to anyone who had an legal version of windows 7 and or 8

and its not about getting those update I was forced to disable them because clearly I cnat trust microsoft  with that power. also most of those updates are to ruin all privacy people haveand steal the same ammount of data windows 10 does.

the things that get send to micrsoft is just rediculus they see every website you visit how long every program you use  likely everything that you type even and I cna go on and on

what microsoft pulls there is worse then what most viruses etc do

13 minutes ago, visvoer18 said:

suure works probatly just as good as virtual pc especialy on my close to 10 year old pc with an old version of windows 7 since microsoft forced me to not allow updates anymroe after they tried to FORCE instal windows 10. also  even if I had a good pc   that would mean  i had to put that on my pc  start it every time  slowing down all other services and stuff on my pc  etc.

im not an icter  I wouldnt even know how to do it if I wanted it

mesages are taken down on vita browser and ps3  all my options.

I thought PS3 could still with each other. Shows me how much I know.

3 minutes ago, visvoer18 said:

here you are just lying  microsoft forced windows 10 on everyone  they got a ton of bad pr for it it happened to anyone who had an legal version of windows 7 and or 8

and its not about getting those update I was forced to disable them because clearly I cnat trust microsoft  with that power. also most of those updates are to ruin all privacy people haveand steal the same ammount of data windows 10 does.

the things that get send to micrsoft is just rediculus they see every website you visit how long every program you use  likely everything that you type even and I cna go on and on

Calling someone a liar is a bit harsh. I had 2 laptops that both had windows 7 at the time windows 10 upgrades were being pushed, and I was able to refuse them on both systems. It was never forced.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, visvoer18 said:

That's not true. I have a PC still running Windows 7 Ultimate and was never forced to update to Windows 10.

You make it really hard to be sympathetic to you when people tried to suggest all the practical solutions and all you do is reply with you haven't spent money on any technology for 10 years and you can't do anything about anything.

You've made it clear the only option for you was Sony not shutting down their services, but they went ahead and did so and now you're right. You have no options at all and can't do anything about it. The rest of the affect people are looking for solutions.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

I thought PS3 could still with each other. Shows me how much I know.

Actually, you're right. PS3s can still send messages to other PS3s. Those messages just didn't show up on other PlayStation systems.

Edited by Stevieboy

10 minutes ago, visvoer18 said:

Again, this is a false statement. Also Microsoft can do whatever they want with how long i use a program. All i use is WinRAR, VLC and Chrome anyway, and sometimes Nero Express.

Edited by Lance_87

Just now, DaivRules said:

That's not true. I have a PC still running Windows 7 Ultimate and was never forced to update to Windows 10.

You make it really hard to be sympathetic to you when people tried to suggest all the practical solutions and all you do is reply with you haven't spent money on any technology for 10 years and you can't do anything about anything.

You've made it clear the only option for you was Sony not shutting down their services, but they went ahead and did so and now you're right. You have no options at all and can't do anything about it. The rest of the affect people are looking for solutions.

I aksed around to over 50 people back then i was doing a lot with computers for family and friends  and they all had that issue. it was big news back then  people who hid that update that did it still got it in the end they made the notification in a way even that it didnt mather if you clicked on the cross or ok  or whatever it was force installed anyway

you dont even have to believe me you can google it yourself  the internet is full of it.

the only way to make sure you didnt get it was not update at all anymore. the forced update part is gone now  but that doesnt change the fact that they did do it  and I never found anyone  before who not had this problem back then when they had an compatible pc  also not on fora etc.

but nvm I am done with this discusion if I get called a lier  when I am talking about facts its not even an oppinion

16 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

Calling someone a liar is a bit harsh. I had 2 laptops that both had windows 7 at the time windows 10 upgrades were being pushed, and I was able to refuse them on both systems. It was never forced.

https://sudonull.com/post/21327-Microsoft-admitted-that-it-went-too-far-with-the-update-on-Windows-10

enjoy took me 5 seconds to google microsoft even admits it here

It's very strange how Sony / Playstation have made their user experience progressively worse. 

I remember years ago (early 2010s?) when the Playstation Blog would give a rundown of weekly releases and new sales. The comment sections wasn't great but I even participated in that. Then suddenly it just got so much less personal. It went from a handful of authors you could actually connect and chat with to just copied and pasted eyesores. Maybe it's changed back to that, idk because I left the site for good. 

Then there was the whole ps3 webstore and wishlist fiasco... We have a wishlist again now but it's capped way smaller than the previous one. 

They nearly shut down the the vita and ps3 stores after pushing digital for a decade. They continue to strip away basic functions (see title.) 

The worst has to the the app though. How do you make an app so much worse than your previous iteration? My monthly spending has gone down quite a bit simply because the new store (on the app) is so clunky and hard to navigate. Do they even have a filter any more for least/most expensive?

I just got my ps5 last month and it's the same story. The dashboard is junk. The sounds options are awkward. They flipped what the Ps button does (short press versus long press.) Just so many stupid pointless changes. 

Honestly, the only thing that holds me back from switching to PC is my game collection (both physical and digital) and that I'm older now and too used to a controller. I guess I could just use a controller on the PC though. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, visvoer18 said:

https://sudonull.com/post/21327-Microsoft-admitted-that-it-went-too-far-with-the-update-on-Windows-10

enjoy took me 5 seconds to google microsoft even admits it here

No amount of website linking will change the fact that I wasn't forced to update to windows 10 on both my laptops, and I didn't do anything special except refuse the updates.

• Like 2