Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora (December 7, 2023)

(Created the thread before I could.) Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora has finally been shown off and it's looking good.

Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora™ is a first person, action-adventure game developed by Massive Entertainment – a Ubisoft studio, in collaboration with Lightstorm Entertainment and Disney. Built using the latest iteration of the Snowdrop engine, and developed exclusively for the new generation of consoles and PC, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora brings to life the alluring world of Pandora with all of its beauty and danger in an immersive, open world experience. In this new, standalone story, play as a Na’vi and embark on a journey across the Western Frontier, a never-before-seen part of Pandora. Explore a living and reactive world inhabited by unique creatures and new characters, and push back the formidable RDA forces that threaten it.

• 1 year later...

Gameplay and story trailer.

Set in the never-before-seen Western Frontier of Pandora, you play as a child of two worlds, born Na’vi but raised by the RDA.

Fifteen years later, you are free, but find yourself a stranger in your birthplace. Reconnect with your lost heritage, discover what it truly means to be Na’vi, and join other clans to protect Pandora from the RDA.

Set after the events of the first Avatar film, you’ll embark on a journey across the Western Frontier, a never-before-seen continent of Pandora, as you join other Na’vi clans to protect Pandora from the formidable forces of the RDA. 

Edited by Abby_TheLastofUs

Graphically it looks incredible. But I was never such a big fan of the first movie (haven't seen the second yet) that I needed a AAA video game for this franchise. But I can't deny it looks like a ton of care went into it...so I'll have to keep an eye on. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Graphically it's insane, watching it in 4K the level of detail is something that's for sure going to be talked about post release. Not in love with the Far Cry-esque first person approach though...would prefer third person. But I think this might be getting added to the wishlist...for a movie franchise I'm not the biggest fan of, I can't help but be in awe of this game right now/ 

35 minutes ago, Viper said:

Graphically it's insane, watching it in 4K the level of detail is something that's for sure going to be talked about post release. Not in love with the Far Cry-esque first person approach though...would prefer third person. But I think this might be getting added to the wishlist...for a movie franchise I'm not the biggest fan of, I can't help but be in awe of this game right now/ 

It just looks like an amazing world, even if you aren’t the biggest fan of the movies.

• 1 month later...