Platinum difficulty?

arcanehornet_

Ninja Gaiden Sigma is probably the easiest game in the master collection to platinum since you can not get online help anymore in 2 or 3 which makes those trials require a fair bit more game knowledge and skill to complete.  NGS is still not very easy to pickup for a new comer to the series as there is a good deal to know, but this game gives the most liberal access to healing and ninpo.  Save points and shops are super plentiful in the campaign so most of the difficulty is going to come from doing all the ninja trails on master ninja.  Mostly there is only one you need to be concerned about as all the others are doable if you are good enough to beat the game on master ninja.  Beating Nicchae and Ishtaros on master ninja with Rachel is a pretty frustrating trial, I highly recommend getting her Biker costume from clearing hard for that.  On the vita version it took me 4 hours to clear that trial because I didn't have the costume.. and on the ps4 version it only took me 30 minutes with it.  The costume may not be everything since I already knew what to do but even when you know you still are going to take damage if the AI decides to do certain attacks or patterns that Rachel has no answer for.

The games are well worth picking them up and learning them, but it won't be easy at first.  Everyone's experience will differ but if you have a lot of experience with action games and hack n slash combat then it will come more naturally.  You will need to have really intimate knowledge of i-frames, recovery frames and cancelling them, strict camera management, how all the enemies react to various things you are doing and most of the moves of the key weapons like the dragon sword and dabilahro.

The sooner you take the time to learn the moves and not button mash the faster you will get good, this game is not a button masher.  You have to play highly defensively in Ninja Gaiden Sigma compared to many other action games.

Edited by Elegy
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Elegy said:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma is probably the easiest game in the master collection to platinum since you can not get online help anymore in 2 or 3 which makes those trials require a fair bit more game knowledge and skill to complete.  NGS is still not very easy to pickup for a new comer to the series as there is a good deal to know, but this game gives the most liberal access to healing and ninpo.  Save points and shops are super plentiful in the campaign so most of the difficulty is going to come from doing all the ninja trails on master ninja.  Mostly there is only one you need to be concerned about as all the others are doable if you are good enough to beat the game on master ninja.  Beating Nicchae and Ishtaros on master ninja with Rachel is a pretty frustrating trial, I highly recommend getting her Biker costume from clearing hard for that.  On the vita version it took me 4 hours to clear that trial because I didn't have the costume.. and on the ps4 version it only took me 30 minutes with it.  The costume may not be everything since I already knew what to do but even when you know you still are going to take damage if the AI decides to do certain attacks or patterns that Rachel has no answer for.

The games are well worth picking them up and learning them, but it won't be easy at first.  Everyone's experience will differ but if you have a lot of experience with action games and hack n slash combat then it will come more naturally.  You will need to have really intimate knowledge of i-frames, recovery frames and cancelling them, strict camera management, how all the enemies react to various things you are doing and most of the moves of the key weapons like the dragon sword and dabilahro.

The sooner you take the time to learn the moves and not button mash the faster you will get good, this game is not a button masher.  You have to play highly defensively in Ninja Gaiden Sigma compared to many other action games.

How do the trials work as in can you complete them all on easiest setting first and then work through them on harder difficulties?

7 hours ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

How do the trials work as in can you complete them all on easiest setting first and then work through them on harder difficulties?

In Ninja Gaiden Sigma, there are a few trials unlocked at the beginning on the ps4 version but it seems like you have to progress most of the story to unlock more tiers of trials.. and then completing trials just unlocks the later tiers from that point on.  I've also read that getting gold on survivals unlocks them but that isn't required for platinum.

You start each trial on normal and when you beat normal it unlocks hard, then very hard and then master ninja.  You have to play every trial on all 4 difficulties to get platinum coins in every trial.

11 hours ago, Elegy said:

In Ninja Gaiden Sigma, there are a few trials unlocked at the beginning on the ps4 version but it seems like you have to progress most of the story to unlock more tiers of trials.. and then completing trials just unlocks the later tiers from that point on.  I've also read that getting gold on survivals unlocks them but that isn't required for platinum.

You start each trial on normal and when you beat normal it unlocks hard, then very hard and then master ninja.  You have to play every trial on all 4 difficulties to get platinum coins in every trial.

Alright cheers for the reply.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2021 at 1:07 PM, arcanehornet_ said:

Hey everyone. How hard would this platinum be for someone who's never played Ninja Gaiden?

This isn’t my 1st Ninja Gaiden game(I beat both 2/3RE)

But it’s my 1st platinum run of one and I’d say overall it’s not that bad of a platinum overall.

Probably solid 8/10.

Beating Master Ninja Chapter 1 is pretty tough and some of the missions can be hella cheap but if you learn from your mistakes and embrace the games bullshit you’ll find yourself a incredibly fun action game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I couldn't buy a PS4 physical copy in my country so i had to go with the shitty switch version. 100% done, i will do it again on ps4 when play-asia lowers their delivery fee.

I would say a solid 7/10 for the first one, 9/10 for the second and 8/10 for the third. As for the second game, it's really insane cause i already got 100% back in the days on xbox 360 and it's the one i played the most before but still it's the one that gave me the most trouble. you have to time your izuna drop perfectly or you won't go far. The fact they removed the online challenges is a blessing but once again, it's a poor remaster and you still have to cope with the horrible camera in many hot situations.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm convinced everyone who got the plat cheated. Enemies read your inputs, EVERYTHING has a throw, the specifications for getting platinum coins for mission mode is ridiculous. There is zero chance anyone got through this masochistic fuckfest legitimately. I will build a time machine and smash baby Itagaki's face in with a brick.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/25/2021 at 7:05 PM, damilesman said:

I'm convinced everyone who got the plat cheated. Enemies read your inputs, EVERYTHING has a throw, the specifications for getting platinum coins for mission mode is ridiculous. There is zero chance anyone got through this masochistic fuckfest legitimately. I will build a time machine and smash baby Itagaki's face in with a brick.

Plenty of us have gotten it legit. I'm in the process of writing a guide at the moment, calm down.

Edited by hishomie1
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...