Smevin's Regular, Every Day, Normal Ass Gamer Attempts at Trophy Hunting

YaManSmevz

13 hours ago, YaManSmevz said:

-snip-

Outstanding job! I think I'm gonna put your plats as a notch in my belt since I can't remember a prior example of me recommending a few games and the other person so swiftly not only playing them but achieving the platinums! I, as you did, thought it was so impressive how much grander the scale of the game is this go-around. While it did have to resort to those text-based adventures, the size of the main building is tremendous. I must say though, I don't know if you used a guide for 100% of your playthroughs, I did - because my goodness would it be tough to get all the missable trophies if you didn't. ? I always wonder if sometimes in games such as Beholder that have so many surprising elements, if playing it blind would be "more" enjoyable, but I also think of all the things I would likely completely miss if a trophy/guide didn't nudge me in that direction. It's a double-edged sword but I'm very glad you played them and enjoyed them as much as I did :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, realm722 said:

Outstanding job! I think I'm gonna put your plats as a notch in my belt since I can't remember a prior example of me recommending a few games and the other person so swiftly not only playing them but achieving the platinums! I, as you did, thought it was so impressive how much grander the scale of the game is this go-around. While it did have to resort to those text-based adventures, the size of the main building is tremendous. I must say though, I don't know if you used a guide for 100% of your playthroughs, I did - because my goodness would it be tough to get all the missable trophies if you didn't. 1f602.png I always wonder if sometimes in games such as Beholder that have so many surprising elements, if playing it blind would be "more" enjoyable, but I also think of all the things I would likely completely miss if a trophy/guide didn't nudge me in that direction. It's a double-edged sword but I'm very glad you played them and enjoyed them as much as I did :)

Thank you! And as you should! You wrote about these games so enthusiastically, it was hard to be like "...well yeah but I dunno..."

I was very much wowed by the scope of the second game. The building is so huge, and just the addition of seemingly small things like background peeps or TV shows to talk about with your colleagues made it feel that much more alive. Something you mentioned in your review that I also loved was walkin in on the landlord snoopin through your shit. Also the fact that he had a camera on deck to sell you! The throwbacks were so clever.

Absolutely I used a guide? I did for both games, although I would keep saves open to explore other branches just because the game was that fun. I feel a blind playthrough would be more time consuming but also more feasible on this one if only for the fact that the clock isn't always tickin away.

Edited by YaManSmevz

Y'know we were recently discussing other people talking about games getting them hyped up to play or go back to their own.

Well....

I meant to post this when you wrote it - but your review of Fallout 4 has made me want to jump in and clean up the rest of the DLC trophies I have left on Fallout 4. So I might hop over to the store shortly and pick up that pricey DLC which is thankfully on sale right now. You've made it sound more appealing than I expected to.

I didn't get on too well with Fallout 4 - something about it felt a little bit, I don't know... Missing? Maybe, it's a huge expansive place to uncover, I just think it lacks a bit of the charm that both Fallout 3 and New Vegas had. Plenty I did like about it though. It can be really immersive.  I remember coming across a settlement that had one really old ghoul there, that you could trade items with him for caps, and I had maxed out speech skill, so I managed to drive up a really high price. I remember feeling so guilty when his almost exactly like Hans Moleman voice spoke back something like "that's a lot, erm I don't have much but AAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLRIGHT" in the most protracted old man way possible. I felt so bad ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, YaManSmevz said:

For Christmas of 2019 (about twelve years ago) my mother and sister bought me a PS4, easily among the best gifts I've ever gotten (and first console I've been given as a gift since childhood, so that was a real treat),

Are you from the future ?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

I meant to post this when you wrote it - but your review of Fallout 4 has made me want to jump in and clean up the rest of the DLC trophies I have left on Fallout 4. So I might hop over to the store shortly and pick up that pricey DLC which is thankfully on sale right now. You've made it sound more appealing than I expected to.

I didn't get on too well with Fallout 4 - something about it felt a little bit, I don't know... Missing? Maybe, it's a huge expansive place to uncover, I just think it lacks a bit of the charm that both Fallout 3 and New Vegas had. Plenty I did like about it though. It can be really immersive.  I remember coming across a settlement that had one really old ghoul there, that you could trade items with him for caps, and I had maxed out speech skill, so I managed to drive up a really high price. I remember feeling so guilty when his almost exactly like Hans Moleman voice spoke back something like "that's a lot, erm I don't have much but AAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLRIGHT" in the most protracted old man way possible. I felt so bad 1f602.png

Thanks, I'm glad to hear that! I definitely agree that it's missing a certain something - it feels like it's being held back from being truly great. I'd heard all about 3 and New Vegas, even bought FO3 for the 360 but never got around to playing it (and never will, by the looks of it).

"I need the biggest Deathclaw Steak you have.... no, that's too big."

• Like 1

8 hours ago, YaManSmevz said:

So many topics are hamfistedly tackled here. It's practically "Now That's What I Call Xenophobia 2018!" This collection has got all the hits! Slavery! Segregation! Immigration! The Holocaust! And of course, everybody's favorite, The Civil Rights Movement! There's nothing wrong with having a message in your game, but this is so obnoxiously direct I can't help but wonder who it's for - it's too easy to assume it's just Mr. Cage giving himself a congratulatory pat on the back. "I'm not racist, I made Detroit: Become Human!" Good for you, bro.

This is perfect - and this - this is exactly the David Cage problem, summed up perfectly!

I like Quantic Dream games, and they are certainly experiences, but message wise, they always feel like you are watching someone stoned suddenly realise something they think is such a revelation, but it's just something that was obvious to everyone else. "Oh my God, man, did you ever, like, think about the word 'news'? It's got N...E...W...S... North... East... West... South... man, that's a trip... we're like, through the looking glass here bruh... we're like, so smart!... we're like, solving the big issues here man... other folks just don't understand... man... pass the blunt..."

He just never seems to understand that the things he thinks are revelatory are just... you know... obvious to everyone else, and the reason he hasn't seen them reflected back at him in other media before, is simply that he isn't smart enough to have recognised when they were.

I will never forget his prize-winning quote he gave to a room full of games journalists in the run up to Detroit coming out:

"It's like Bladerunner, but if you were meant to empathise with the Androids"...

?

facepalm-crowd.gif

• Like 3

Excellent reviews on Fallout 4 and Detroit!
Man, that Eyes on the Prize trophy was obnoxious indeed. Oh boy, what a trophy it was! ? What I did was grab the ball and I think I either just held it above the hoop and crouched over and over, or I think I manually moved my vision up and down to do it, either way, it was tedious.
I'd absolutely recommend Fallout: New Vegas, but apparently it runs horridly on the PS3... It's really a shame, it's a game I wanted to do so badly as well. I don't have my PS3 on me at the moment so I wouldn't be able to play it right now, but I feel especially upset for other people that want to play it on the PS3 as well. It runs great on the 360 though, so I'm really not sure what went wrong with the PS3 version...

Fallout 3's art style is an interesting take as well; everything is a washed out green, emphasizing the more brutal nature of an apocalyptic wasteland. It's sort of like 4's Glowing Sea but it encompasses everything and not just one corner of the map.
With Fallout: New Vegas, you've got the New Vegas Strip with it's eye-catching neon lights, with 4 it's Emerald City. Both are vibrant hubs, but you compare it to Megaton from 3 and you can really see the difference.

Detroit is also another great game as well; Hank being portrayed by Clancy Brown was an excellent decision. The Shawshank Redemption is one of my favourite films, and seeing one of the actors have a role in Detroit was great. Acting is an art that takes time to blossom, and Clancy has been honing his talents for years. I couldn't see anybody else filling the role. His relationship with Connor was awesome too. The story I feel does waver in some areas, but I definitely feel as though it's made up with some of the great characters.

I look forward to your future write ups. ?

Edited by Shrooba
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

"It's like Bladerunner, but if you were meant to empathise with the Androids"...

1f615.png

I'm reminded of when Stewie Griffin mentioned Jason Patric: "eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww!"

18 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I like Quantic Dream games, and they are certainly experiences, but message wise, they always feel like you are watching someone stoned suddenly realise something they think is such a revelation, but it's just something that was obvious to everyone else. "Oh my God, man, did you ever, like, think about the word 'news'? It's got N...E...W...S... North... East... West... South... man, that's a trip... we're like, through the looking glass here bruh... we're like, so smart!... we're like, solving the big issues here man... other folks just don't understand... man... pass the blunt..."

He just never seems to understand that the things he thinks are revelatory are just... you know... obvious to everyone else, and the reason he hasn't seen them reflected back at him in other media before, is simply that he isn't smart enough to have recognised when they were.

Well said! What's unfortunate is that while we get to hear all about the half baked sentiment, we get none of the amusement that would come along with it?

17 hours ago, Shrooba said:

Excellent reviews on Fallout 4 and Detroit!
Man, that Eyes on the Prize trophy was obnoxious indeed. Oh boy, what a trophy it was! 1f605.png What I did was grab the ball and I think I either just held it above the hoop and crouched over and over, or I think I manually moved my vision up and down to do it, either way, it was tedious.

Thanks so much man, I appreciate that?

Yes it was! I did the same thing, I tried getting tickets legit for a day and some change and eventually started looking for faster ways... that method wasn't completely painless, but definitely shaved off a week or so?

17 hours ago, Shrooba said:

I'd absolutely recommend Fallout: New Vegas, but apparently it runs horridly on the PS3... It's really a shame, it's a game I wanted to do so badly as well. I don't have my PS3 on me at the moment so I wouldn't be able to play it right now, but I feel especially upset for other people that want to play it on the PS3 as well. It runs great on the 360 though, so I'm really not sure what went wrong with the PS3 version...

Fallout 3's art style is an interesting take as well; everything is a washed out green, emphasizing the more brutal nature of an apocalyptic wasteland. It's sort of like 4's Glowing Sea but it encompasses everything and not just one corner of the map.
With Fallout: New Vegas, you've got the New Vegas Strip with it's eye-catching neon lights, with 4 it's Emerald City. Both are vibrant hubs, but you compare it to Megaton from 3 and you can really see the difference.

I had FO3 (still do, somewhere) for the 360 but never touched it, always wanted to get into that and New Vegas. Truth be told, the only reason I bought 4 was because the other two weren't available on the PS4! Maybe one of these days...

18 hours ago, Shrooba said:

Detroit is also another great game as well; Hank being portrayed by Clancy Brown was an excellent decision. The Shawshank Redemption is one of my favourite films, and seeing one of the actors have a role in Detroit was great. Acting is an art that takes time to blossom, and Clancy has been honing his talents for years. I couldn't see anybody else filling the role. His relationship with Connor was awesome too. The story I feel does waver in some areas, but I definitely feel as though it's made up with some of the great characters.

Same on Shawshank, such a great movie. To this day it makes me sad that it had the misfortune of coming out the same year as Forrest Gump and Pulp Fiction, it got pretty overshadowed and is superior to both in my opinion (although with Pulp Fiction it is pretty close!)

17 hours ago, KennethMcCormick said:

Film-wise, I personally loved the irony of having the Kurgan having to work with a Connor.

?????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, YaManSmevz said:

I just ain't feelin writing a review. And as the stoner in us all would say, "naw bro, ya gotta FEEL it, man!" So rather I'm gonna post some updates on the shit I'm playing here

Haha!! ? - oh boy does that sound familiar.... Except I'd say man instead instead of bro...... I never use that for humans... I sometimes call my Mum's cat bro though - which is stranger still. Occasionally Bro gets busted out for my brother though.

I'm almost in that exact same spot right now - I need to go back and finish writing my Deus Ex Manking Divided review - but I keep looking at it and thinking "but you don't have a monkey tail, I don't want to talk about you..... You don't have a weather-beaten pointy hat and an inherent sadness that manages to get inside your head so deep, that it dropkicks you in the feelings".

I haven't started Beholder 2 yet for pretty much the same reasons, hopefully I'll try and rectify that one a little bit and at least play some of that later... Gotta get back on the horse at some point right?

Finally got the first real step of the delightful jumprope mini-game and hit the 100 mark. In no small part thanks to Mr. Clarke's tip to watch Vivi's right hand appear to hit the table behind him - I pictured Mario jumping and anticipated the coin sound - I made it to 101. Need to get this grind out of the way ASAP!

You'll get there - it'll feel great once you start to get to the point where 1-200 becomes almost second nature and you can get there almost flawlessly every single time.

That makes much more sense to picture Mario than how I described it - didn't I describe it as a high five-ing a medium sized animal? Or something equally unusual. 

I don't know how people manage to do it based on just audio cues - I could see why it works for some people though..... I just never quite could. I'd equate it to the bit in Star Wars when Obi - Wan goes "Switch off your targetting computer," now if it was me  I'd be like "eff off old man, I need that otherwise I can't see jack all- have you taken your medicine yet?"  I guess The Death Star wouldn't be getting blown up any time soon under my watch.

I know this game is gonna ask a lot of me, but I think Yakuza 0 and I will get along just fine!

I am so happy to hear this - I've got an almost infinite amount of love for that game series.... So to see you having a great time with it, is awesome - super looking forward to your future updates on this one... Those games ask a lot of you, but I think the stories and experiences that they reward you with as a result cannot be undersold.

I'll reinstall Resi 5 at some point soon, so we can get to those pain in the backside Versus mode trophies...

Edited by rjkclarke
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

Haha!! 1f602.png - oh boy does that sound familiar.... Except I'd say man instead instead of bro...... I never use that for humans... I sometimes call my Mum's cat bro though - which is stranger still. Occasionally Bro gets busted out for my brother though.

I'm almost in that exact same spot right now - I need to go back and finish writing my Deus Ex Manking Divided review - but I keep looking at it and thinking "but you don't have a monkey tail, I don't want to talk about you..... You don't have a weather-beaten pointy hat and an inherent sadness that manages to get inside your head so deep, that it dropkicks you in the feelings".

I haven't started Beholder 2 yet for pretty much the same reasons, hopefully I'll try and rectify that one a little bit and at least play some of that later... Gotta get back on the horse at some point right?

But... but your mother's cat is your bro!

I think you deserve a quick reprieve if you would like one! I remember I rushed into playing Control after slogging through the final bits of completing Vice City - I wanted to play it, but not just yet, but I forced it and as a result I had kind of a bad attitude as I played a lot of it. Such a cool game, and I was just like 'meh.' Will be doing a lot of research (and possibly a replay) when that review comes around! Anyway, sayin all that to say, there's nothing wrong with a quick lil sabbatical. As you said, you'll be back at it at some point, so why rush?

2 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

You'll get there - it'll feel great once you start to get to the point where 1-200 becomes almost second nature and you can get there almost flawlessly every single time.

That makes much more sense to picture Mario than how I described it - didn't I describe it as a high five-ing a medium sized animal? Or something equally unusual. 

I don't know how people manage to do it based on just audio cues - I could see why it works for some people though..... I just never quite could. I'd equate it to the bit in Star Wars when Obi - Wan goes "Switch off your targetting computer," now if it was me  I'd be like "eff off old man, I need that otherwise I can't see jack all- have you taken your medicine yet?"  I guess The Death Star wouldn't be getting blown up any time soon under my watch.

I too would fail miserably at blowing up the Death Star, for what it's worth!

Dude, thanks to your advice I went from 12 to 101 in literally about twenty minutes. I know the rest will most definitely NOT be as quick, but it gave me a big surge of hope! I know there will be some rough twists, but it feels that much more plausible!

Agreed, I can already tell the footsteps won't work for me, but I absolutely CANNOT look at the counter for longer than a split second yet, and when the girls talk I'm like "SHUT UP!! DON'T TALK TO ME RIGHT NOW, ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND???!!!"

In all seriousness, as miserable as this makes us gamers... how do you think those girls feel? Poor kids just wanna jump rope, and this awkward little mage just keeps jumpin back in and trippin over himself. I'm surprised they're never like "yo, can you fuck off and let us play? I don't know if you've noticed but we could do this all day, and were doin just fine til your ass showed up."

Then again, maybe Vivi is just that cute!

3 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

I am so happy to hear this - I've got an almost infinite amount of love for that game series.... So to see you having a great time with it, is awesome - super looking forward to your future updates on this one... Those games ask a lot of you, but I think the stories and experiences that they reward you with as a result cannot be undersold.

I'll reinstall Resi 5 at some point soon, so we can get to those pain in the backside Versus mode trophies...

Yeah, my excitement for Yakuza 0 has definitely continued to grow. I almost wish I played the kiwamis first because I wanted to experience the prequel in the same way the faithful fans did... but they all pretty much suggest against it, and who am I to argue?

Hell yes! I gotta start Res 5 this fall/winter, so whenever it starts soundin good to you, lemme know!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, YaManSmevz said:

But... but your mother's cat is your bro!

I think you deserve a quick reprieve if you would like one! I remember I rushed into playing Control after slogging through the final bits of completing Vice City - I wanted to play it, but not just yet, but I forced it and as a result I had kind of a bad attitude as I played a lot of it. Such a cool game, and I was just like 'meh.' Will be doing a lot of research (and possibly a replay) when that review comes around! Anyway, sayin all that to say, there's nothing wrong with a quick lil sabbatical. As you said, you'll be back at it at some point, so why rush?

He sure is - I love that little ginger guy....... He's going to feature heavily in a few stories, when peppering in a bit of light heartedness in some reviews where I've gotten platinum's whilst house sitting for my Mum...  Oh and yeah,  I guess my human brother is okay too!! Haha ?.....

I hope you didn't do a silly arse thing like I did with Vice City and leave Take the Canoli trophy until last.. Or practically until last. I remember being a bit deflated when I got the platinum for that, because all I had left for it was that and a miscellaneous thing I left for last so I actually had some gameplay to do last. 

As a result it kind of left me a bit bummed out - I think in hindsight it would have been way better to nail the 100% as the last thing. It's not like it soured it massively or anything. I'll always bloody love that game - I feel so blessed that we even get to have a platinum available for us to go for in it. That's hands down my favourite GTA title. Although obviously I like them all to some degree. I'm guessing as you came over from the Xbox 360 like I did that you've played GTAIV yourself, just not on this account. I think I'd get it pretty quick sharp though if that got a remaster.

19 minutes ago, YaManSmevz said:

Dude, thanks to your advice I went from 12 to 101 in literally about twenty minutes. I know the rest will most definitely NOT be as quick, but it gave me a big surge of hope! I know there will be some rough twists, but it feels that much more plausible!

That's  really great to hear - happy to have helped in some way. I found that 101-200 the speed matches up pretty well with the step count, so if you just press :cross: or :square: every time the jump counter goes up by one, hopefully you'll find it'll sync up.

If a nervous twitchy person like me can overcome nerves and nail this, then you absolutely can. You've got this man!!

The only time I think I ever relied on the footsteps was when it starts double tapping at 200+ - but the hardest thing is the weird speed transition it makes. You actually have to press the input much slower than your brain probably tells you too, that's what I found at least. I screwed up so much by getting too excited and almost button mashing :facepalm:

25 minutes ago, YaManSmevz said:

In all seriousness, as miserable as this makes us gamers... how do you think those girls feel? Poor kids just wanna jump rope, and this awkward little mage just keeps jumpin back in and trippin over himself. I'm surprised they're never like "yo, can you fuck off and let us play? I don't know if you've noticed but we could do this all day, and were doin just fine til your ass showed up."

Then again, maybe Vivi is just that cute!

I cannot express with written words how much that made me laugh out loud... Just know that it did - for a fairly long while too. I saw one comment on a YouTube video of the jump rope thing that made me chuckle too, where it just said "those little girls must have arms like the incredible hulk!!"

30 minutes ago, YaManSmevz said:

Yeah, my excitement for Yakuza 0 has definitely continued to grow. I almost wish I played the kiwamis first because I wanted to experience the prequel in the same way the faithful fans did... but they all pretty much suggest against it, and who am I to argue?

Hell yes! I gotta start Res 5 this fall/winter, so whenever it starts soundin good to you, lemme know!

I don't think you'd really lose anything by playing 0 first, so I'd say it was the right decision too - there's like one or two references here and there, but actually playing 0 first will make you go "OOOOOOOH that's who that was" when you see them in future games... There's a really obscure character cameo in it, he's a really minor character from the 5th game that is part of a substory in Yakuza 0 - that I thought was a really cool callback. I'm a little worried that Kiwami might feel a little bit underwhelming after playing 0, it's far less bombastic and stylised.... Still brilliant though.  But for what it is, a remake of the original title, it's excellent, it did the original title a hell of a lot of justice I thought - and I really like the original PS2 title, so that's high praise from me.

34 minutes ago, YaManSmevz said:

I'm kind of regretting not joining that event  - it looks really fun to read through everyone's progress, I guess I can do it from a distance by reading your posts too, which is nice. I still  think that would have been a fun thing to do... I've yet to do any of the community events myself and my backlog is getting humongous now, so it would of been nice to have, something that would have given me a little bit more incentive to try and cut it down even further.

RE5 isn't exactly the best in the series - but hey at least you didn't pick RE6 to play - I'd still have played that with you too, if you'd wanted.  I don't mind that one too much, but it's definitely got quite the vast amount of flaws. <_<

• Like 1

@YaManSmevz Awesome update man! It's good to read your progress on the many games you're working on. Always a pleasure to read, too! You are one funny mother fucker ?. Shit man, I've gotta give some admiration for your ability to multi task! 

Yo, did you invite me to play Rocket League the other evening? I was sweating Trials, as I do. I saw it pop up in the corner of my screen and then it was gone and nothing in my notifications. I was scratching my head thinking "wait, wut?"

@rjkclarke it's hard wanting to play anything when you've just had an experience with a game, like you just did. Probably even more so when you know you will be writing about the next game. I'll say this: take your time bro. When you wanna play something, play it. If not, don't. But do not feel like you need to deliver on the same level with your next write up, if the game ends up being a far inferior experience. You're a talented writer. Not every game will be quite as demanding of your talent as Final Fantasy IX. Whatever you write next will be top quality, regardless. I have no doubt. Even if the next game you play, you end up writing: Yeah fuck this game, I wasn't feeling it, it sucks ass compared to FF IX and then proceed to *insert a bit of routine info on the game here* - I'm sure you would word it in such a way, it would still be awesome!

Edited by KindaSabbath
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

I'm kind of regretting not joining that event  - it looks really fun to read through everyone's progress, I guess I can do it from a distance by reading your posts too, which is nice. I still  think that would have been a fun thing to do... I've yet to do any of the community events myself and my backlog is getting humongous now, so it would of been nice to have, something that would have given me a little bit more incentive to try and cut it down even further.

I started the backlog challenge events with the spring one this year, and it has been a great way to stay focused on clearing up games. The community is very supportive of everyone's progress, and it's nice to read about what others have been playing. I'm also taking part in the Fall/ Winter event, I'd definitely recommend giving it a go at some point ?

• Like 2

I hope you didn't do a silly arse thing like I did with Vice City and leave Take the Canoli trophy until last.. Or practically until last.

I think it's pretty obvious that I did?????

It was Cannoli, last mission, and then the last few motorcycle courses I needed for the hundo. I must admit that as happy as I was to be done, it wasn't the healthy "holy fuck, wasn't that a good time!" I had been hoping for. I needed a break after that, and for whatever reason I didn't give myself one. Masochist, I suppose.

I'll always bloody love that game - I feel so blessed that we even get to have a platinum available for us to go for in it. That's hands down my favourite GTA title. Although obviously I like them all to some degree. I'm guessing as you came over from the Xbox 360 like I did that you've played GTAIV yourself, just not on this account. I think I'd get it pretty quick sharp though if that got a remaster.

As will I! Can't tell you how surprisingly grateful I was to be able to complete those games yet again. And you guessed right, I would be all over it! I'm still surprised at how uninterested they seem in reviving that, though from what I understand the soundtrack and voice acting might be a financially unpleasant thing for them to revisit and deal with - just a shame they haven't been running off with bags of money thanks to GTAO and don't at all have the means to address those issues? Loved IV, and I love Vice City, but I must attest to the extraordinarily boring conclusion that San Andreas is my favorite. But Vice City, with San Andreas-and-beyond mechanics?

No.. shh!! That is LEGEND.

13 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

That's  really great to hear - happy to have helped in some way. I found that 101-200 the speed matches up pretty well with the step count, so if you just press :cross: or :square: every time the jump counter goes up by one, hopefully you'll find it'll sync up.

If a nervous twitchy person like me can overcome nerves and nail this, then you absolutely can. You've got this man!!

The only time I think I ever relied on the footsteps was when it starts double tapping at 200+ - but the hardest thing is the weird speed transition it makes. You actually have to press the input much slower than your brain probably tells you too, that's what I found at least. I screwed up so much by getting too excited and almost button mashing :facepalm:

Thank you! I certainly hope I do.. the transitional moments are still kinda intimidating but as I said, it seems that much more doable now! Haha speaking of button mashing, I tried it on the sped up mode thinking I could just hit the button as fast as I could... and no, no.

I saw one comment on a YouTube video of the jump rope thing that made me chuckle too, where it just said "those little girls must have arms like the incredible hulk!!"

They must! Sometimes I look at NPCs in JRPGs and it cracks me up to think of counterparts to them doing whatever they do in in real life. How much would that creep you out if there was a gaggle of little girls around the way from you who were always playing jump rope, and always in the exact same configuration? Like it was clear that they never went home or at least took a break or anything like that. That's some Shining shit! Frankly we're probably lucky that all they want is for us to jump rope 1,000 times... in fact, how do I know YOU'RE not in on it too??

I don't think you'd really lose anything by playing 0 first, so I'd say it was the right decision too - there's like one or two references here and there, but actually playing 0 first will make you go "OOOOOOOH that's who that was" when you see them in future games... There's a really obscure character cameo in it, he's a really minor character from the 5th game that is part of a substory in Yakuza 0 - that I thought was a really cool callback. I'm a little worried that Kiwami might feel a little bit underwhelming after playing 0, it's far less bombastic and stylised.... Still brilliant though.  But for what it is, a remake of the original title, it's excellent, it did the original title a hell of a lot of justice I thought - and I really like the original PS2 title, so that's high praise from me.<_<

I bought the package with 0 and the kiwamis and the plan remains to complete the three and call it a day. My backlog is deep enough as it is, and I'm not tryin to get a 7+ game franchise not named Final Fantasy thrown into the mix.. but who knows? I'm so impressed with 0 thus far, and while I'm aware of the Kiwami backstory and that I shouldn't expect as much from it, I'm still really excited to see where the story takes me. I mean shit, Vice City is an original PS2 title and look at the crap that got us to do!

RE5 isn't exactly the best in the series - but hey at least you didn't pick RE6 to play - I'd still have played that with you too, if you'd wanted.  I don't mind that one too much, but it's definitely got quite the vast amount of flaws. <_<

Join the next one! Hell, you could probably even join the current one, just ask! It is a lot of fun, and I credit the Spring one I did last year with getting me out of my shell in this place. I also owe it a huge debt for getting me to knock out a large chunk of my backlog - games like Manhunt that I touched once, balked at the controls and fucked off from, never thinking I'd get a plat out of it, ended up getting finished because I knew that I'd committed to it.

Doo it, doo it!

Shit, still gotta finish Res 5, revisit 0, 1, 4, and possibly Code Veronica, and play 3. All of those will come and go before I even consider 6?

6 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

Awesome update man! It's good to read your progress on the many games you're working on. Always a pleasure to read, too! You are one funny mother fucker 1f602.png. Shit man, I've gotta give some admiration for your ability to multi task!

Thank you! I do my best... gotta narrow it down though, and the only way is to start finishin shit!

6 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

Yo, did you invite me to play Rocket League the other evening? I was sweating Trials, as I do. I saw it pop up in the corner of my screen and then it was gone and nothing in my notifications. I was scratching my head thinking "wait, wut?"

Haha I did! Full disclosure, I was inviting DrunkenEngineer cuz we'd been talkin about finishing that game, and I accidentally invited you! No worries, I thought. He'll never see it! No future embarrassment for me, no sir! To add insult to injury, I was sober, so I don't even have that excuse! Sorry about that homie!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YaManSmevz said:

Haha I did! Full disclosure, I was inviting DrunkenEngineer cuz we'd been talkin about finishing that game, and I accidentally invited you! No worries, I thought. He'll never see it! No future embarrassment for me, no sir! To add insult to injury, I was sober, so I don't even have that excuse! Sorry about that homie!

Jokes on you, I can read!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

Jokes on you, I can read!

????????

Nooo I meant me thinking that Sabbath wouldn't see a random invite! I figured he'd only see it if he fired up the game... it probably interrupted him playing Trials like "HEY SOME DOUCHE WANTS TO PLAY ROCKET LEAGUE WITH YOU"

Ayayay?

• Like 1