11 gold trophy games

tampines11

11 golds?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• 11 golds and a plat
    • Having trophies more spread out among bronze, silver and gold

3 hours ago, stork77 said:

Define "quite difficult".  36 Fragments of Midnight is about a 2/10, 3 tops.  Haven't played Inksplosion yet.

36 Fragments of Midnight is more skill dependent than anything. It's one of those games where you can't really give it a rating because it all depends on the skill level of the player. People who are good at platformers will probably have no problem. As for me, I've never gotten past halfway without dying after trying dozens of times.

18 hours ago, MrTacos98 said:

36 Fragments of Midnight is more skill dependent than anything. It's one of those games where you can't really give it a rating because it all depends on the skill level of the player. People who are good at platformers will probably have no problem. As for me, I've never gotten past halfway without dying after trying dozens of times.

This! There's a trophy in Goat Simulator as well that, no matter how hard you practise, you might never be able to get it if you don't have the required platformer skill level.

• Like 1

As long as the trophies are equivalent to their (relative) difficulty or time-investment, I don't really care.

What does bother me, for example, are gold trophies given for, well I don't know, giving your character a name; or inversely, getting a bronze for completing an already difficult game on ultra-mega-super-duper elite difficulty.

That's generally just BS. I would think some developpers would have some common sense, but history has often proved otherwise ?

• Like 1

On 2021-08-17 at 6:41 PM, MrTacos98 said:

And @tampines11

I agree it's not an EZPZ by today's standards (though pre-RL games, it would have been).  I actually think it's a decent-to-good game and not deserving of being lumped in for crapping on with the other RL games.  I sympathize - I got held up on Telltale TWD cuz of the brief shooter segment, since I don't play that genre.  I'd encourage practicing it some more if you're interested in platformers.  It's 2D and assembled from only a handful of obstacles that are recycled - get used to each "piece" and then string it together.  It's very quick in terms of getting back into the action after a mistake so lots of practice in a hurry.  The double-jump can seem wonky at times, (iirc, it seemed I had to press it a little early, but maybe it's my controller/vita).

On 8/17/2021 at 0:03 PM, dieselmanchild said:

You can always tell what kind of trophy hunter someone is just by simply glancing at their platinum-to-gold trophy ratio, and I feel kinda sad for all the people out there who basically regard gold trophies the same way they regard bronze trophies because they earn dozens of them every day without any kind of real effort.

I'd actually disagree with this.  People who don't get many plats and/or play a lot of non-plat games could end up with a higher ratio without even touching any EZPZ games.  You'd be better off comparing to the amount of bronze trophies since many of those games have very few, if any, bronze trophies. 

Anyway, I don't really care how many or what sort of trophies a game has.  I aim to get games to 100% completion whether they are non-plats, EZPZ or going to take hundreds of hours to get the plat.  I buy stuff that sounds like it could be fun and play whatever I'm in the mood to play among my backlog.  To me that is what matters most in trophy hunting and shaming people for what games they choose to play makes no sense to me when many of those EZPZ games are actually pretty fun and a nice break from longer and harder games that can be refreshing at times or nice to kill some time before a new release.

• Like 3

On 8/18/2021 at 5:08 PM, Wild-Arms-R said:

At some point we’re all gonna get tried of talking about the same things rights? Or do us humans just love to live in redundancy?

My vote is for redundancy.  Maybe some people enjoy debating for the sake of debating.  It's kindof like popping these quick plays just for the sake of popping plats lol

Best case scenario- enough noise is made and it eventually gets addressed.

Worst case scenario- people get fed up and leave the site.

4 hours ago, ArabianSwordsman said:

There’s the 12 gold games and then there are the powgi games. They usually have like 25+ silver trophies and 2 bronze/2 gold. 

I love the POWGI games. They're a great break from the AAA games or games with crushing difficulty spikes.

POWGI games are relaxing games at their best imho.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

I'd actually disagree with this.  People who don't get many plats and/or play a lot of non-plat games could end up with a higher ratio without even touching any EZPZ games.  You'd be better off comparing to the amount of bronze trophies since many of those games have very few, if any, bronze trophies. 

Anyway, I don't really care how many or what sort of trophies a game has.  I aim to get games to 100% completion whether they are non-plats, EZPZ or going to take hundreds of hours to get the plat.  I buy stuff that sounds like it could be fun and play whatever I'm in the mood to play among my backlog.  To me that is what matters most in trophy hunting and shaming people for what games they choose to play makes no sense to me when many of those EZPZ games are actually pretty fun and a nice break from longer and harder games that can be refreshing at times or nice to kill some time before a new release.

Nobody cares if someone plays a EZPZ game here and there to break up the games with difficulty spikes. It's when these games enter the PS Store every day or every other day, in multiple stacks that it becomes a problem. There are plenty of very good indies and AA production titles that only take a hour or two to finish, that people just ignore.

On another thread I called out somebody for getting over 100 platinums in less than a month this summer. That's not buying stuff to have fun, that is chasing numbers. I'm sorry. I have not once shamed anybody for stacking TellTale Games, or playing a multitude of Artifex Mundi 'find the hidden object' games.

The trophy lists are also very lazy, and reflect the devs who make them. Every business has their conmen, the gaming industry is no different. The guy who keeps making that crap knows his audience.

If we can't blame the players or the games, we have to blame the system.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

The trophy lists are also very lazy, and reflect the devs who make them. Every business has their conmen, the gaming industry is no different. The guy who keeps making that crap knows his audience.

Fully agree with that. Setting up a large and complex trophy list is a real effort and I appreciate the developers who take the time to do it, it also makes me enjoy the game even more by making me discover things. 
Those short trophy list reflects generally the poor quality of the game, it’s not automatical but very connected to a botched work.

I prefer the spread. Currently playing Terminator Salvation and you get each of its 11 golds by just completing each chapter, but it just feels so empty not having to do anything else that would require to get a bronze or silver trophy (i.e number of kills with a certain weapon).

11 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

I think the kind of profiles you are describing are really few and far between in all honesty. I’ve personally never seen one. Of course like anything in life, there are always going to be exceptions to the rule. But I’ve found this observation to generally be pretty accurate.

I’ve always enjoyed checking out people’s profiles on PSNP and seeing what they are playing, and in my own experience I’ve found that in almost every single case where somebody has a really high gold-to-platinum trophy ratio, their profile is going to be padded with heaps of those games that have a trophy list comprised of  exactly 1 platinum and 11 gold trophies and can be stacked half a dozen times.

The sad fact is, these games have a 1/11 trophy list is because they are specifically engineered to have the absolute bare minimum required to meet Sony’s criteria for a platinum trophy (~1300 points). The reason never see a Ratalaika or Breakthrough Arcade game with a full trophy list comprised of gold, silver, and bronze trophies, is because they have no interest whatsoever in creating a fun and interesting trophy list for you to enjoy. What they are interested in is selling platinum trophies that can be unlocked with the minimum time and effort required. 

6 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

On another thread I called out somebody for getting over 100 platinums in less than a month this summer

100 platinums in a month? That’s it?

Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure Brian of PS5Trophies popped 100 platinums in 24 hours not too long ago. That is how insane this trend has gotten.

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure Brian of PS5Trophies popped 100 platinums in 24 hours not too long ago. That is how insane this trend has gotten.

He has already lost credibility in my eyes. He was also the guy who complained to the developers of Fall Guys to change the Infallible trophy on Twitter last year. Why do it?